小心点
Be careful.
那件衬衫很特别吗
What’s so special about that shirt
你宁愿舍弃手♥枪♥也不愿丢弃衣服
you’d lose your pistol for it?
袖子里缝了一只狼眼
It’s got a wolf’s eye sewn into the sleeve.
比手♥枪♥能提供的保护要大得多
More protection than a bullet ever gave.
汤姆很信这个
Tom swears by it.
汤姆说他不是你的父亲
Tom said he wasn’t your daddy.
他就像我的亲爸爸一样
He’s the closest thing to a father I’ve ever had.
我从未见过自己的父母
I never met my parents.
太不容易了
It’s hard,
都不知道自己父母是谁
not knowing those you came from.
我的叔叔格伦有跟我说过他们的事
My Uncle Galen tells me things about them.
他一直照顾着我
He’s the one that takes care of me.
汤姆也一直照顾着我
Yeah. Tom did that for me.
为什么说汤姆是一个杀手
What’d you mean when you called Tom an assassin?
汤姆之前的人生你们一无所知
Tom’s had lives you’d never even know about.
长在北方 就读于耶鲁大学
Grew up, up North. Went to Yale.
有很长一段时间 他被中情局雇为杀手
For a long time, he was a paid assassin for the CIA.
1963年他住在古巴 不停地杀戮
Lived in Cuba in ’63. Shoot,
他杀过的人♥大♥概比你们见过的人还多
he’s killed more people than you all probably ever met.
奈克 绳子处理得怎么样了
Neck, how’s that line coming?
要做就快做
If you’re gonna do it, do it!
这家伙疯了
This shit’s crazy.
断了一根
One down.
来吧
Come on.
想坐一坐吗
Wanna sit down?
你一定很喜欢打架
Hey, you must really like to fight.
也不是
Not really.
你有好多朋友
You got a lot of friends.
还好
They’re all right.
不是每一个都认识
I don’t know all of them.
你肯定特别受欢迎
I bet you’re pretty popular.
为什么这么说呢
Why do you say that?
因为你对别人很好
Because you’re nice to people.
你怎么知道的
How do you know that?
你对我就不错
You’re nice to me.
但那是因为我喜欢你
But I like you.
我有东西给你
I got you something.
一个手镯?
A bracelet?

Yeah.
奈克伯恩的叔叔在河里找到的
Neckbone’s uncle finds them in the river
他收集珍珠
and collects the pearls,
我想你的名字不就是…
and I thought with your name and everything…
谢谢你
Thank you.
你想当我的女朋友吗
You wanna be my girlfriend?
一直都有去找玛德吗
You’ve been seeing Mud?

No.
没必要对我撒谎 孩子
You don’t have to lie to me, boy.
我看到你四处奔波 收集材料
I’ve seen you running around, taking things.
他还好吗
He all right?
状况还算不错
He’s okay.
他说你是一名杀手
He called you an assassin.
你认识玛德多久了
How long have you known Mud?
没几天
A few days.
那也足够让你了解到他是个胡说八道的人
That’s long enough to know he’s full of shit.
也就是说你不是杀手吗
So, it’s not true?
我曾在海军陆战队当过一段时间的狙击手
I was a sharpshooter for a while in the Marines.
对玛德来说 这大概就是杀手了吧
In Mud’s world, that’s an assassin.
但这有些偷换概念 对吗
But it’s not exactly true, right?
大概吧
Yeah, I guess.
杀手
Assassin.
你大概觉得他还挺厉害的 是吗
You think he’s a badass, don’t you?
我不知道
I don’t know.
你知道他被困在岛上的原因吗
You know why he’s stuck off on that island?
是的
Yeah.
他杀了个人
He shot somebody.
你知道为什么他要杀人吗
You know why he shot that man?
因为那个人伤害了茱尼珀吗
Because he hurt Juniper?
没错
Right.
所有导致玛德陷入困境的原因
The real reason Mud’s in
都是这个女人
all the trouble he’s got is because of her.
他在你这个年龄就爱上了那个女孩
He’s been in love with that girl since he was your age.
可关键她心里只有自己 没有别人
Trouble is she don’t care about nobody but herself.
我这样和他说过
I’ve told him as much.
她总是和最混♥蛋♥的家伙上♥床♥
She’d bed down with the meanest snake she could find,
等到局面不可收拾的时候才想到玛德
and then when things got bad, she’d go running back to Mud.
他总会重新接受她
He’d take her back.
之后他会找出那些混♥蛋♥
Then he’d go find
那些负心而不幸的家伙
whatever unlucky son of a bitch laid a hand on her
打到他们再也不敢碰她为止
and beat him so bad he’d know never to touch her again.
只有这一次
Only this time, I guess
我猜他觉得打一顿不够解气
he figured beating wasn’t good enough,
于是开枪杀了那个家伙
he had to go shoot that feller.
虽然我不确定
I’m not for sure,
但我敢用钞票打赌她知道他会这么做
but I’d put money on it that she knew he’d do it.
甚至可能是她诱导他做到这个地步的
She might even put him up to it.
无论怎样 他们注定走不到一起
Either way, those two are set for failure.
只有彻底放弃她 玛德才能重获新生
The only chance he’s got is to cut her loose.
但这不可能
That’ll never happen.
而且我跟你说 玛德并不那么坚强
But I tell you what, Mud’s no badass.
他现在大概怕得要死
He’s running scared right now…
我得走了
I’ve got to go.
你看错了茱尼珀
You’re wrong about Juniper.
他们深爱着对方 所以他们会在一起的
They love each other and they’re going to make it.
如果你现在不是糟老头 你会理解的
If you weren’t such a worn out old man, you’d know it was true.
艾力斯 你觉得如何
What do you say, Ellis?
我又带了些东西过来
I got more stuff.
是吗 找到马达了吗
Yeah? Did you find a motor?
还没
Not yet.
那是什么
What’s that?
篝火是治疗一切霉运的万灵药
Bonfire’s my all-purpose cure all for bad luck.
我不清楚这艘船到过哪里
I don’t know where this boat’s been
也不知道它的前任主人是谁
or what kind of person the owner was before me.
在我看来
For all I know,
船上可能发生过极为黑暗的坏事
there could be some serious bad business left on it.
我们对这艘船寄予太多 只能自求多福
We got too much riding on this thing to leave to chance.
汤姆早晨让我去他那里一趟
Tom called me over to his place this morning.
他说了些什么
What did he say?
他诋毁了茱尼珀
He was running down Juniper.
我跟他说他只是个糟老头而已
Told him he was a worn out old man.
他根本就不能理解你是多么爱她
And he couldn’t know how much you love her.
你不知道他过去的经历
You don’t know his story.
我根本不关心
I don’t care.
你应该知道
You should.
汤姆曾用相对其他人两辈子的爱来爱一个女人
Tom loved a woman more than most men can in two lifetimes.
就在他们要开始一段幸福的生活时
They had a good life started together.
她怀上了一个男孩
She was pregnant with a little boy,
母子都因难产而死
birth got the best of them.
从那以后汤姆就孤身一人
Tom’s been alone ever since.
像一匹独狼
Lone wolf.
多谢你找来的锡皮
Thanks for the tin.
这事总是这么麻烦
This shit never gets easy.
收成不错啊
That’s a good haul.
不算太糟
I’ve had worse.
近来可好
You doing all right?
不错
Yeah.
有什么事需要告诉我吗
Do you need to tell me anything?
有吗
Tell you what?
我知道我只是你的叔叔
I know I’m just your uncle, not a parent.
但如果你有什么事也可以跟我说
But you can tell me things if you need to.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!