Cousin,wherefore sink you down?
表妹!你怎么倒下去啦?
Hath no man’s dagger here…
这儿谁有刀子可以借给我
…a point for me?
让我刺在我自己的心里?
Do not live,Hero!
去死吧 希洛
Do not ope thine eyes!
不要睁开你的眼睛
Hero!
希洛
Grieved I,I had but one?
你以为我只有你这一个孩子我会因为失去你而悲伤吗?
Why had I one?
为什么我要有这么一个孩子呢?
Why ever wast thou lovely in my eyes?
为什么你在我的眼睛里是这么可爱呢?
Leonato!
里奥纳多!
She is fallen into a pit of ink. Sir,be patient.
她现在陷入了污泥里 先生 冷静点
For my part,I am so attired in wonder,I know not what to say.
我瞧着这一切 简直是莫名其妙不知道该说什么好
On my soul,my cousin is belied!
我敢赌咒我的妹妹是给他们冤枉的!
Lady,were you her bedfellow last night?
小姐 您昨天晚上跟她睡在一个床上吗?
No,truly not,although,until last night,I have this twelvemonth been her bedfellow.
那倒没有 虽然在昨晚之前我跟她已经同床睡了一年
Confirmed!
证实了!
Would the two princes lie,and Claudio lie?
难道亲王兄弟两人和克罗迪奥是说谎的吗?
Hence from her!Let her die!
别理她!让她死吧!
Hear me a little.
听我讲几句话
Lady,what man is he you are accused of?
小姐 他们说你跟什么人私通?
They know that do accuse me.I know none.
他们这样说我他们一定知道 我可不知道
There is some strange misprision in the princes.
亲王们一定有些误会了
Two of them have the very bent of honor.
他们中间有两个人是正人君子
If their wisdom’s been misled in this,the practice of it lives in John the bastard.
要是他们这次受蒙骗一定是约翰那坏小子弄的诡计
If they wrong her honor,the proudest of them shall well hear of it.
要是诽谤了她的名誉我要跟他们中最尊贵的人拼命去
Pause awhile,and let my counsel sway you in this case.
且慢 在这件事情上请您还是听从我的劝告
Your daughter here the princes left for dead.
亲王们离开这儿时以为您女儿已经死了
Let her awhile be secretly kept in,and publish it…
现在不妨暂时叫她深居简出…
…that she is dead indeed.
向外面宣布说她真的死了
What shall become of this?
这样做有什么好处呢?
She dying,as it must be so maintained…
人家听说她一听到这种诽谤…
…upon the instant that she was accused…
立刻气得羞耻至死…
…shall be lamented,pitied…
一定都会悲悼她 可怜她
…and excused of every hearer.
从而原谅她
So will it fare with Claudio.
克罗迪奥一定也会这样
When he shall hear she died upon his words…
当他听到了 他的无情的言语…
…the idea of her life…
已经致希洛于死地的时候…
…shall sweetly creep into his study of imagination…
他脑海中一定会浮现她生前可爱的影子…
…and every lovely organ of her life…
她的生命中的每一部分…
…shall come appareled in more precious habit,than when she lived indeed.
都会在他的心目中变得比活在世上的她格外值得珍贵
Then shall he mourn…
那时他一定会悲伤哀叹
…and wish he had not so accused her.
后悔不该给她这样大的难堪
Signior Leonato,let the friar advise you.
里奥纳多先生听从这位神父的话吧
Being that I flow in grief…
我已经伤心得毫无主意了…
…the smallest twine may lead me.
你们用一很小草绳都可以牵着我走
‘Tis well consented.
那么您已经答应了
Presently away.
立刻去吧
Come,lady.
来 小姐
Die to live.
你必须死里求生
This wedding-day perhaps is but prolonged.
今天的婚礼也许不过是暂时的延期
Have patience and endure.
你耐心忍♥着吧
Lady Beatrice,have you wept all this while?
碧翠斯小姐你一直在哭吗?
Yea…
是…
…and I will weep a while longer. – I will not desire that.
我还要哭下去 我希望你不要这样
You have no reason.I do it freely.
您有什么理由?是我自己愿意这样的
Surely I do believe your fair cousin is wronged.
我相信令妹一定被冤枉的
How much might the man deserve of me that would right her!
要是有人能替她伸雪冤枉我才愿意跟他做朋友!
Is there any way to show such friendship?
有没有可以表示这一种友谊的方法?
A very even way,but no such friend.
有直接爽快的方法可惜没有这样的朋友
May a man do it?
可以让一个人试试吗?
It is a man’s office…
那是一个男子汉做的事情…
…but not yours.
可不是你做的事情
I do love nothing in the world so well as you.
您是我在这世上最爱的人
Is not that strange?
这不是很奇怪吗?
As strange as the thing I know not.
就像我从不知道的事情一样奇怪
It were as possible for me to say I loved nothing so well as you.
我也可以说您是我在这世上最爱的人
But believe me not.
可是别信我
And yet I lie not.
虽然我没有说假话
I confess nothing,nor I deny nothing.
我什么也不承认什么也不否认
I am sorry for my cousin.
我只是为我的表妹伤心
By my sword,Beatrice,thou lovest me.
碧翠斯 凭着我的宝剑起誓 你是爱我的
Do not swear,and eat it.
发了这样的誓是不能反悔的
I will swear by it that you love me,
我愿意凭我的剑发誓你爱着我
and I will make him eat it that says I love not you.
谁要是说我不爱你我就叫他吃我一剑
Why,then,God forgive me!
那么上帝恕我!
What offence,sweet Beatrice?
亲爱的碧翠斯你犯了什么罪过?
You have stayed me in a happy hour.
您刚好打断了我的话头
I was about to protest I loved you.
我正要说我也爱着您呢
And do it with all thy heart.
那就请你用全心全意地说出来
I love you with so much of my heart that none is left to protest.
我用整个心儿爱着您简直分不出一部分来向您诉说
Come.

Bid me do anything for thee.
吩咐我为你做任何事
Kill Claudio.
杀死克罗迪奥
Not for the wide world.
那可办不到
You kill me to deny it.
您拒绝我就等于杀了我
Fare thee well. Tarry,sweet Beatrice.
再见 等一等 亲爱的碧翠斯
I am gone,though I am here.
我人在这里 我的心也不在这里
There is no love in you.
您没有一点真情
Nay,I pray you,let me go. Beatrice!
请你还是放我走吧 碧翠斯!
In faith,I will go. We’ll be friends first.
真的 我要去啦 让我们先言归于好
You dare easier be friends with me than fight with mine enemy.
你愿意跟我做朋友 却不敢跟我的敌人决斗
Is Claudio thine enemy?
克罗迪奥是你的敌人吗?
Is he not approved in the height a villain…
他不是已经充分证明是一个恶人…
…that hath slandered,scorned,dishonored my kinswoman?
把我的表妹这样横加诬蔑信口毁谤 破坏她的名誉?
O,that I were a man!
噢!我但愿自己是一个男人!
What…
嘿…
…bear her in hand until they come to take hands…
不动声色地搀着她的手…
…and then,with public accusation…
直等到将要握手成礼的时候…
…uncovered slander,unmitigated rancor…
才翻过脸来当众宣布他的恶毒的谣言…
O God,that I were a man!
上帝啊但愿我是个男人!
I would eat his heart in the marketplace!
我要在集♥会♥上吃下他的心
Hear me,Beatrice.
听我说 碧翠斯
Talk with a man out at a window.
跟一个男人在窗口讲话
A proper saying! Nay,but,Beatrice…
说得真好听 可是 碧翠斯…
Sweet Hero.
亲爱的希洛
She is wronged,she is slandered…
她负屈含冤…
…she is undone!
她的一生从此完了
He is now as valiant as Hercules that only tells a lie and swears it.
谁能造最大的谣言拿谣言来赌咒谁就是个英雄好汉
I cannot be a man with wishing…
我既然不能凭着我的愿望变成一个男子…
…therefore I will die a woman with grieving.
所以我只好做个女人在伤心中死去
By this hand,I love thee.
我举手为誓 我爱你
Use it for my love some other way than swearing by it.
那么把您的手用在比发誓更有意义的地方吧
Think you in your soul…
凭着你的良心
the Count Claudio hath wronged Hero?
你以为克罗迪奥伯爵真的冤枉了希洛吗?
Yea.
是的
As sure as I have a thought…
我确定我有思想…
…or a soul.
或者说 我有灵魂
Enough.
够了!
I am engaged.
我知道怎样做了
I will challenge him.
我会质疑他
Go.
去吧
Comfort your cousin.
安慰你的表妹
I must say she is dead.
我必须说她已经死了
And so…
还有…
…farewell.
再见了
Is our whole dissembly appeared?
全部人都到齐了吗?
Which be the malefactors?
谁来控告罪犯?
Marry,that am I…
是我和
…and my partner.
我的伙伴
But which are the offenders that are to be examined?
谁是被审判的罪犯?

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!