But doth not the appetite alter?
可是难道一个人的口味是不会改变的吗?
A man loves the meat in his youth that he cannot endure in his age.
年轻时候喜欢吃肉也许老来一闻到肉味道就要受不了
Shall these quips and sentences and paper bullets of the brain…
难道这种不关痛痒的舌丸唇弹…
…awe a man from the career of his humor?
就可以把人吓退 叫他放弃他的决心吗?
No.
不
The world must be peopled.
人类是不能绝种的
When I said I would die a bachelor…
当初我说我要一生一世做个单身汉…
…I did not think I should live…
那是因为我没有想到我会…
…till I were married.
活到结婚的一天
Here comes Beatrice!
碧翠斯过来了!
By this day,she’s a fair lady.
今天 她真是漂亮
I do spy some…
我可以从她脸上…
…marks of love in her.
看出她几分爱我的意思来
Against my will I am sent to bid you come in to dinner.
他们叫我来请你进去吃饭我可是不愿意来的
Fair Beatrice.
美丽的碧翠斯
I thank you for your pains.
我感谢你的劳苦
I took no more pains for those thanks…
我并没什么辛苦可以领受您的谢意…
…than you take pains to thank me.
就像您这一声多谢并没有辛苦了您
If it had been painful,I would not have come.
要是这是一件苦差 我也不会来
You take pleasure,then,in the message?
那么您是很乐意来叫我的吗?
Yea.
是的
Just so much as you may take upon a knife’s point.
不过并不是太多 只有刀尖那么一点儿
You have no stomach,signior?Fare you well.
您肚子不饿吧 先生?再见
“Against my will,I am sent…
他们叫我来请你进去吃饭…
“…to bid you come in to dinner.”
我可是不愿意来的
There’s a double meaning in that.
这句话里含着双关的意义
But are you sure that Benedick loves Beatrice so entirely?
但你确定班尼迪克如此深爱碧翠斯吗?
So says the prince and my new-trothed lord.
亲王跟我的未婚夫都是这么说的
And did they bid you tell her of it,madam?
他们有没有叫你告诉她知道 女士?
They did entreat me to acquaint her of it.
他们请我把这件事情告诉她
But I persuaded them,if they loved Benedick…
可是我劝他们说如果他们当班尼迪克是好朋友…
…to wish him wrestle with affection and never let Beatrice know.
就应该希望他能逃离爱情不要让碧翠斯知道
Why did you so?
您为什么对他们这样说呢?
Doth he not deserve as full as fortunate a bed as Beatrice shall couch upon?
难道这位绅士就配不上碧翠斯小姐吗?
O God of love!I know he doth deserve as much as may be yielded to a man.
爱神啊!我也知道像他品格很好
But nature never framed a woman’s heart of prouder stuff…
可是造物主做出女人心
than that of Beatrice.
没有一颗比得上像碧翠斯那样骄傲
Disdain and scorn ride sparkling in her eyes…
她的眼里闪耀着轻蔑和讥嘲…
…misprising what they look on,and her wit values itself so highly…
把她所看见的一切贬得一文不值她因为自传才情…
…that to her all matter else seems weak.
所以把什么都不放在眼里
She cannot love.
她不会恋爱
Sure,I think so.
不错 我也是这样想
Yet tell her of it.Hear what she will say. No.
可是告诉了她听听她说些什么也好 不
Rather I will go to Benedick and counsel him to fight against his passion.
我想还是去劝劝班尼迪克叫他斩断这一段痴情
Do not do your cousin such a wrong.
不要做这种对不起你表姐的事
She cannot be so much without true judgment…
她决不会糊涂到这个地步…
…having so swift and excellent a wit as she is prized to have…
人家都说她心窍玲珑…
…to refuse such a gentleman as Signior Benedick.
拒绝培班尼迪克先生那样一位难得的绅士
He is the only man of Italy.
除了我的亲爱的克罗迪奥之外
Always excepted my dear Claudio.
全意大利找不到第二个像他这样的人来
When are you married,madam? Why,every day.
小姐 您的大喜在什么时候? 呀 每天都是
Tomorrow!
就在明天!
She’s limed,I warrant you.We have caught her,madam.
她已经上钩了小姐 我们已经把她捉住了
If it prove so,then loving goes by haps.
要是果然这样 那么恋爱就是一个偶然的机遇
Some Cupid kills with arrows,some with traps.
有人被爱神用箭射中有人却自己跳进网罗
What fire is in mine ears?
我的耳朵里怎么火一般热?
Can this be true?
这会是真的吗?
Stand I condemned for pride and scorn so much?
难道我就让他们这样批评我的骄傲和轻蔑吗?
Contempt,farewell.
别了 狂妄!
And maiden pride,adieu.
再会吧 处♥女♥的骄傲!
No glory lives behind the back of such.
人家在你的背后是不会说你好话的
And,Benedick…
班尼迪克…
…love on.
爱下去吧
I will requite thee.
我一定会报答你的
Taming my wild heart to thy loving hand.
我会把我那颗狂野的心交到你手上
If thou dost love,my kindness shall incite thee…
你要是真的爱我 我一定会对你变得温柔…
…to bind our loves up in a holy band.
鼓励你把我们的爱情用神圣的约束结合起来
For others say thou dost deserve,and I…
人家说你值得我的爱…
…believe it…
而我…
…better than reportingly.
比人家更知道你的好处
Are you good men and true?
你们都是老老实实的好人吗?
Yea!
是的
Being chosen for the prince’s watch…
被选为王子的巡丁…
…this is your charge.
听好我的吩咐
You are to bid any man stand,in the prince’s name.
你可以用王子的名义叫无任何人站住
How if he will not stand?
要是他不肯站住呢?
Why,then,take no note of him,but let him go.
那你就不用理他让他去好了
If he will not stand when he is bidden,he is none of the prince’s subjects.
要是喊他站住他不肯站住他就不是王子的子民
True!
对了!
And they are to meddle with none but the prince’s subjects.
不是王爷的子民就可以不用理他们
You shall also make no noise in the streets.
你们也不准在街上大声吵闹
We will rather sleep than talk.
我们宁愿睡觉 不愿说话
You speak like an ancient…
你说得真♥象♥一个老练的…
…and a most quiet watchman…
安静的巡丁…
…for I cannot see how sleeping should offend.
睡觉总是不会得罪人
If you meet a thief…
要是你们碰见一个贼…
…you may suspect him,by virtue of your office…
按着你们的职分你们可以怀疑他…
…to be no true man…
不是个好人…
…and,for such kind of men…
对于这种家伙…
…the less you meddle or make with them,why the more is for your…
你们越是少管他们的事就越可以显出…
…honesty.
你们都是规矩的好人
You have been always called a merciful man,partner.
伙计 你一向是个出名的好心人
Truly,I would not hang a dog by my will…
是呀就是一条狗我也不忍♥把它勒死…
…much more a man who hath any honesty in him.
何况是还有几分天良的人
‘Tis very true.
你说得真对
Well,masters.
好 伙计们
Good night.
晚安!
An’ there be any matter of weight chances…
倘若有要紧的事…
…call up me.
你们就来叫我起来
Come,neighbor.
好 弟兄们
We hear our charge.
我们已经听见长官吩咐我们的话
Let us sit here upon the bench till 2:00,and then all to bed.
让我们就在这坐下来等到2点 大家就回去睡觉
One word more,honest neighbors.
好伙计们 还有一句话
I pray you watch about Signior Leonato’s door…
请你们留意里里奥纳多先生的门口…
…for the wedding being there tomorrow,there is a great coil tonight.
因为他家里明天有喜事今晚十分忙乱
Adieu.
再见
Be vigitant,I beseech you.
千万留心点儿
It is so.
果然是这样
The Count Claudio shall marry the daughter of Leonato.
克罗迪奥伯爵要跟里奥纳多的女儿结婚了
Yea,my lord,but I can cross it.
是的 爵爷 可是我有法子破坏他们
Any bar,any cross,a
无论什么破坏 阻挠
ny impediment will be medicinable to me.
捣乱的手段都可以替我消一消心头的闷气
I am sick in displeasure to him…
我把他恨之入骨…
…and whatsoever comes athwart his affection ranges evenly with mine.
只要能够打破他的恋爱美梦 我会不惜一切代价
How canst thou cross this marriage?
你想怎样破坏他们的婚姻呢?
Not honestly,my lord,but so covertly that no dishonesty shall appear in me.
不正当的手段 爵爷 可是我会把事情干得十分周密
Show me briefly how.
把你的计策简单告诉我一下
I think I told your lordship a year since,how much I am in the favor of Margaret…
我想在一年前 就告诉过你我跟玛格利特相好了…
…the waiting gentlewoman to Hero. I remember.
她是希洛的侍女 我记得
I can,at any unseasonable instant of the night…
我可以约她在夜静更深的时候…
…appoint her to look out at her lady’s chamber window.
在她小姐闺房♥里的窗口等我
What life is in that to be the death of this marriage?
这又怎么可以把他们的婚姻破坏了呢?
Well,the poison of that lies in you to temper.
毒药是要您自己配合起来的
Gallants.
先生们
I am not…
我不再…
…as I have been.
是以前那个我了
So say I.
我也这么认为
Methinks you are sadder.
我觉得你更可怜了
I hope he be in love.
我觉得他恋爱了
Old signior,walk aside with me.
老先生 跟我来