谁都不知道一句坏话 能如何打消人们的好感
One doth not know how much an ill word may empoison liking.
哦,不要做对不起你堂妹的事
O, do not do your cousin such a wrong.
她不会糊涂到那个地步
She cannot be so much without true judgment.
人们都说她才智敏捷
Having so swift and excellent a wit,
心灵口快
as she is prized to have,
怎会拒绝班尼迪克先生 那样难得的绅士
as to refuse so rare a gentleman as Signior Benedick.
除了我亲爱的克罗迪奥 他是意大利绝无仅有的好男人
He is the only man of Italy. Mmm. Always excepted my dear Claudio.
走,进屋吧,看看我的衣服 帮我挑选明天穿哪件最好
Come, go in. I’ll show thee some attires, and have thy counsel which is the best to furnish me to-morrow.
我的耳朵为何发烧?
What fire is in my ears?
这是真的吗?
Can this be true?
就让他们这样批评 我的轻蔑和骄傲?
Stand I condemn’d for pride and scorn so much?
再见吧,轻蔑
Contempt, farowell.
再见吧,少女的骄傲
And maiden pride, adieu.
这些背后不会有荣耀
No glory lives behind the back of such.
班尼迪克
And, Benedick,
继续爱吧
love on.
我会给你回报
I will requite thee,
驯服我狂野的心 交到你充满爱意的手中
taming my wild heart to thy loving hand.
如果你真爱我
If thou dost love,
我的柔情会鼓励你
my kindness shall incite thee
用神圣的约束绑定我们的爱情
to bind our loves up in a holy band.
人们都说你好
For others say thou dost deserve,
我相信你比他们说的还要好
and I believe it better than reportingly.
我只等你们婚礼完成
I do but stay till your marriage be consummate,
就去阿♥拉♥贡
and then go I toward Arragon.
如果你恩准,殿下,我愿陪你去
I’ll bring you thither, my lord, if you’ll vouchsafe me.
不,你们新婚燕尔 那样太煞风景
Nay, that would be as great a soil in the new gloss of your marriage
就像给小孩看衣服却不让他穿
as to show a child his new coat and forbid him to wear it.
只要有班尼迪克陪我就行
I will only be bold with Benedick for his company,
这人从头到脚全是嬉笑欢乐
for, from the crown of his head to the sole of his foot, he is all mirth.
他有几次割断了丘比特的弓弦
He hath twice or thrice cut Cupid’s bow-string
让那小射手不敢再射他
and the little hangman dare not shoot at him.
诸位
Gallants,
我已不再是从前的我
I am not as I have been.
我也这么看,我看你好像有心事
So say I, methinks you are sadder.
希望他在恋爱
I hope he be in love.
这个游手好闲的家伙 没有一滴真诚的血
Hang him truant! There’s no true drop of blood in him,
怎么会认真恋爱
to be truly touched with love.
他有心事,肯定是缺钱
If he be sad, he wants money.
我的牙疼
I have the toothache.
什么?因为牙疼叹气?
What? Sigh for the toothache?
自己不疼,谁都会说风凉话
Well, every one can master a grief but he that has it.
他要是没爱上什么女人
If he be not in love with some woman,
古老的征兆就都不可信了
there is no believing old signs.
有人看见他去理发店吗?
Hath any man seen him at the barber’s?
没有,可是看见 理发师和他在一起
No, but the barber’s man hath been seen with him,
他脸上的老装饰胡须 都拿去填网球了
and the old ornament of his cheek hath already stuffed tennis-balls.
他身上还涂了麝香香水 没闻见吗?
Nay, a’rubs himself with civet. Can you not smell him out by that?
他何时脸洗得这么勤?
And when was he wont to wash his face?
不错,这充分揭示了他的秘密 结论就是… 就是他恋爱了
Indeed, that tells a heavy tale for him. Conclude, conclude he is in love.
老先生,陪我走走吧
Old signior, walk aside with me.
我学会了八♥九♥句咒语 我要告诉你
I have studied eight or nine wise words that I would speak to you,
不让那些捣蛋鬼听见
which these hobby-horses must not hear.
他肯定跟他说碧翠丝的事
For my life, to break with him about Beatrice.
肯定,希罗和玛格丽特 也按计划搞定了碧翠丝
‘Tis even so. Hero and Margaret have by this played their parts with Beatrice,
这两只熊碰面就不会互咬了
and then the two bears will not bite one another when they meet.
上帝保佑你,王兄
My lord and brother, God save you.
你好,贤弟
Good den, brother.
如果有空,我想和你谈谈
If your leisure served, I would speak with you.
私下谈?
In private?
如果你愿意的话
If it please you.
对,克罗迪奥伯爵也可以听 我说的和他有关
Yet Count Claudio may hear, for what I would speak of concerns him.
什么事?
What’s the matter?
阁下打算明天结婚吗?
Means your lordship to be married to-morrow?
你知道他是那样想的
You know he does.
知道了我所知道的 不知他还会不会
I know not that when he knows what I know.
如果有什么障碍,请你说出来
If there be any impediment, I pray you, discover it.
你也许以为我不爱你
You may think I love you not.
这话留待以后再说
Let that appear hereafter,
希望听了我的话后 能改变对我的看法
and aim better at me by that I now will manifest.
怎么?出什么事了?
Why, what’s the matter?
那位小姐不忠
The lady is disloyal.
谁?希罗吗?
Who, Hero?
正是她
Even she,
里昂纳多的希罗,你的希罗 大家的希罗…
Leonato’s Hero, your Hero, every man’s Hero…
不忠?
Disloyal?
这个词太好了 不足以形容她的邪恶
The word is too good to paint out her wickedness.
想出更坏的词,她都受之无愧
Think you of a worse title, and I will fit her to it.
未得到进一步证据前不要乱猜
Wonder not till further warrant.
只要今晚跟我去 就会看到她房♥间的窗户有人进
Go but with me to-night, you shall see her chamber-window entered,
就在婚礼的前一晚
even the night before her wedding-day.
如果依然爱他 你就明天和她结婚
If you love her then to-morrow wed her.
如果改变主意,对你的名声更好
But it would better fit your honor to change your mind.
有这等事?
May this be so?
我想不会的
I will not think it.
只要今晚跟我去 一定让你们看个够
If you will follow me, I will show you enough,
等你们看够了,听够了
and when you have seen more and heard more,
再决定怎么办
proceed accordingly.
你们都忠实可靠的人吗?
Are you good men and true?
是的,否则灵魂和肉体 都不能获救,那才惨呢
Yea, or else it were pity but they should suffer salvation, body and soul.
给他们分配任务吧,道伯瑞
Give them their charge, neighbor Dogberry.
首先,你们认为 谁最不适合当巡警?
First, who think you the most desertless man to be constable?
休·奥特克,乔治·西科尔
Hugh Otecake, sir, or George Seacole,
他们俩能读会写
for they can write and read.
过来,西科尔朋友
Come hither, neighbor Seacole.
大家认为你是最没头脑
You are thought here to be the most
最适合当巡警的人
senseless and fit man for the constable of the watch,
所以你就拿手电吧
therefore bear you the lantern.
你的任务是 看见流浪无赖,就抓起来
This is your charge. You shall comprehend all vagrom men.
你可以用亲王的名义 喝令任何人站住
You are to bid any man stand, in the prince’s name.
要是他不站住呢?
How if he will not stand?
那就不理他,让他走
Why, then, take no note of him, but let him go,
再召集其余巡警 感谢上帝,你们除掉一个无赖
and presently call the rest of the watch together and thank God you are rid of a knave.
如果喊他,他不站住 他就不是亲王的子民
If he will not stand when he is bidden, he is none of the prince’s subjects.
不是亲王的子民,就可以不理
True, and they are to meddle with none but the prince’s subjects.
你们要去每家酒馆查看
Well, you are to call at all the ale-houses,
喝醉的,让他回去睡觉
and bid those that are drunk get them to bed.
如果不去睡觉呢?
How if they will not?
不理他,等他自己酒醒
Why, then, let them alone till they are sober.
如果问话不好好回答
If they make you not then the better answer,
你们就说找错了人
you may say they are not the men you took them for.
如果遇到小偷
Well, sir… If you meet a thief,
根据你们的职责 可以怀疑他不是好人
you may suspect him, by virtue of your office, to be no true man,
对于这种人
and, for such kind of men,
越少跟他纠缠 越能体现你们是规矩人
the less you meddle or make with them, why the more is for your honesty.
如果知道他是小偷,要不要抓他?
If we know him to be a thief, shall we not lay hands on him?
可以抓
You may,
但我想,摸沥青会脏手
but I think they that touch pitch
最和平的办法
will be defiled. The most peaceable way
就是抓到小偷,就让他表演
for you, if you do take a thief,
自己的拿手好戏
is to let him show himself
如何在你面前溜走
what he is and steal out of your company.
哥们,你是公认的好心人
You have been always called a merciful man, partner.
是啊,我连狗都不忍♥吊死 何况有几分天良的人
Truly, I would not hang a dog by my will, much more a man who hath any honesty in him.
如果听见夜里孩子哭 一定叫醒保姆,让她止住啼哭
If you hear a child cry in the night, you must call to the nurse and bid her to still it.
如果保姆熟睡,听不见我们喊呢?
How if the nurse be asleep and will not hear us?
那就悄悄离开,让孩子把她哭醒
Why, then, depart in peace, and let the child wake her with crying.
布置任务到此为止
This is the end of the charge.
夜里遇到亲王,也可以让他站住
If you meet the prince in the night, you may stay him.
不,圣母娘娘,那可不行
Nay, by’r our lady, that I think he cannot.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!