不过走之前,我要问明白
And yet, ere I go.
你和克罗迪奥说过什么
Let me go with that I came,
我是为这事才来的
which is, knowing what hath passed between you and Claudio.
我对他恶语相向,吻我一下吧
Only foul words, and thereupon I will kiss thee.
恶语带来恶风,恶风带来恶气
Foul words is but foul wind, and foul wind is but foul breath,
恶气是有害的,所以我不要吻你
and foul breath is noisome, therefore I will depart unkissed.
你真能强词夺理
Thou hast frighted the word out of his right sense,
这正是你的机智
so forcible is thy wit.
但我必须明白告诉你 克罗迪奥已受到我挑战
But I must tell thee plainly, Claudio undergoes my challenge
很快会收到他的通知 否则我就宣布他是懦夫
and either I will shortly hear from him, or I will subscribe him a coward.
现在请你告诉我
And, I pray thee, now,
你当初看中我什么缺点爱上了我?
tell me for which of my bad parts didst thou first fall in love with me?
你的全部缺点
For them all together,
你将所有缺点兼容并蓄
which maintained so politic a state of evil
不容任何优点混杂其中
that they would not admit any good part to intermingle with them.
那你当初看中我什么优点 对我害起相思?
But for which of my good parts did you first suffer love for me?
害起相思!说得好!
Suffer love! A good epithet!
我确实被相思所害
I do suffer love, indeed,
因为爱你有违我的初衷
for I love thee against my will.
原来你违背了自己的心
In spite of your heart, I think.
如果你为了我而违背它 那我也要违背
If you will spite it for my sake, I will spite it for yours,
因为朋友恨的,我绝不能爱
for I could never love that which my friend hates.
你我太聪明 无法平静地谈情说爱
Thou and I are too wise to woo peaceably.
请告诉我,你堂姐怎样了?
I pray thee, now tell me, how doth your cousin?
憔悴不堪
Very ill.
那你呢?
And how do you?
我也憔悴不堪
Very ill, too.
敬畏上帝,好好爱我,早日痊愈
Serve God, love me, and mend.
小姐,快去你叔叔那儿!
Madam, you must come to your uncle!
已经证明希罗小姐受人冤枉
It is proved my Lady Hero hath been falsely accused,
亲王和克罗迪奥上了大当
the prince and Claudio mightily abused,
唐·约翰是罪魁祸首 他已经跑了
and Don John is the author of all, who’s fled and gone.
你马上过来吗?快点
Will you come presently?
你去听听吗,先生?
Will you come hear this news, signior?
我愿活在你心里
I will live in thy heart,
死在你怀里,葬在你眼里
die in thy lap, and be buried in thy eyes,
也愿意陪你一起去
and, moreover, I will go with thee.
我不是说过她无罪吗?
Did I not tell you she was innocent?
亲王和克罗迪奥 误信人言才错怪希罗
So are the prince and Claudio, who accused her upon the error that you heard debated.
但玛格丽特在此事上有过失
But Margaret was in some fault for this, although against her will,
不过根据调查结果 这并非出于她本意
as it appears in the true course of all the question.
好啦,一切总算圆♥满♥结束
Well. I am glad that all things sort so well.
神父,请一定帮我个忙
Friar, I must entreat your pains, I think.
什么事,先生?
To do what, signior?
成全我,还是毁掉我 二者择其一
To bind me, or undo me, one of them.
里昂纳多先生,不瞒你说
Signior Leonato, truth it is, good sir,
令侄女对我另眼相看
your niece regards me with an eye of favor.
那另一只眼其实是 我女儿借给她的
That eye my daughter lent her ’tis most true.
我用充满爱的眼光回报她
And I do with an eye of love requite her.
我想你那眼光来自我 克罗迪奥和亲王
The sight whereof I think you had from me, from Claudio, and the prince.
但你意欲如何?
But what’s your will?
大人,你的话太玄妙
Your answer, sir, is enigmatical.
我的意愿,我的意愿 就是得到你许可
For my will, my will is your good will may stand with ours
让我们今天就缔结下 美好姻缘,结婚
in this day to be conjoin’d in the state of honorable marriage.
神父,这事就有劳你了
In which, dear Friar, I shall entreat your pains.
早安,各位朋友
Good morrow to this fair assembly.
早安,亲王 早安,克罗迪奥
Good morrow, Prince. Good morrow, Claudio.
我们正在等你们
We here attend you.
你今天仍愿娶我弟弟的女儿吗?
Are you yet determined to-day to marry with my brother’s daughter?
她长得像黑炭,我也不反悔
I’ll hold my mind, were she an Ethiope.
过来
Come forth.
神父已经准备好
Here’s the friar. Ready.
哪位是我要娶的姑娘?
Which is the lady I must seize upon?
就是这位,我把她交给你
This same is she, and I do give you her.
那她就是我的了
Why, then she’s mine.
亲爱的,让我看看你的脸
Sweet, let me see your face.
不,现在还不行
No, that you shall not,
等你带她到神父面前 宣誓娶她后才行
till you take her hand before this friar and swear to marry her.
把手给我
Give me your hand.
当着神父的面
Before this holy friar,
如你不嫌弃,我愿做你丈夫
I am your husband, if you like of me.
我活着时,是你的前妻
And when I lived, I was your other wife.
你爱着时,是我的前夫
And when you loved, you were my other husband.
又一个希罗!
Another Hero!
一点不错
Nothing certainer.
一个希罗已蒙垢而死 可我还活着
One Hero died defiled, but I do live,
我以处子之身活在人间
and surely as I live, I am a maid.
以前的希罗?死去的希罗?
The former Hero? Hero that is dead?
谗言活着,她就死了
She died, my lord, but whiles her slander lived.
这一切惊讶我可以解释
All this amazement can I qualify.
神圣的仪式结束后
When after that the holy rites are ended,
我会把希罗之死详细告诉你们
I’ll tell you largely of fair Hero’s death.
现在先放下惊讶
Meantime let wonder seem familiar,
我们马上去教堂吧
and to the chapel let us presently.
且慢,神父
Soft and fair, friar.
哪位是碧翠丝?
Which is Beatrice?
我就是她
I answer to that name.
你想干什么?
What is your will?
你不是爱我吗?
Do not you love me?
哦,不是
Why, no,
只是按规矩对待你
no more than reason.
那你叔叔、亲王和克罗迪奥都错了
Why, then your uncle and the prince and Claudio
他们发誓说你爱我
have been deceived. They swore you did.
你不是爱我吗?
Do not you love me?
真的不是,只是按规矩
Troth, no, no more than reason.
那我堂姐、玛格丽特 和欧苏拉都错了
Why, then my cousin Margaret and Ursula are much deceived,
他们发誓说你爱我
for they did swear you did.
他们发誓你为我差点病倒
They swore you were almost sick for me.
他们发誓你为我差点死去
Well, they swore that you were well-nigh dead for me.
根本没这回事
‘Tis no such matter.
这么说你不爱我?
Then you do not love me?
不爱
No,
只是…报答朋友
truly, but in friendly recompense.
过来,侄女
Come here.
我可以断定你爱这位绅士
I am sure you love the gentleman.
我敢发誓,他爱她
And I’ll be sworn upon it that he loves her,
因为这儿有他亲笔写的一张纸
for here’s a paper written in his hand,
上面的歪诗是他搜肠刮肚 写给碧翠丝的
a halting sonnet of his own pure brain, fashion’d to Beatrice.
这儿有张我堂妹亲笔写的纸
And here’s another writ in my cousin’s hand,
从她口袋偷来的 述说对班尼迪克的一片深情
stolen from her pocket, containing her affection unto Benedick.
奇迹啊,我们的手 都违背了我们的心
A miracle. Here’s our own hands against our hearts.
来吧,我要娶你
Come, I’ll have thee,
但对天发誓,我是因为可怜你
but, by this light, I take thee for pity.
哦,我不愿拒绝你
O, I would not deny you,
但老天在上 我是扭不过大家劝告
but, by this good day, I yield upon great persuasion
而且还为了救你性命 人们说你得了肺痨
and partly to save your life, for I was told you were in a consumption.
别说了,我要堵住你的嘴
Peace. I will stop your mouth.
你好吗,已婚男班尼迪克?
How dost thou, Benedick the married man?
告诉你吧,殿下
I’ll tell thee what, Prince,
就是一群伶牙俐齿的人 也改变不了我心意
a college of wit-crackers cannot flout me out of my humor.
我会在乎冷嘲热讽吗?
Thinkest thou I care for a satire or an epigram?
不会,既然我拿定主意结婚
No, since I do purpose to marry,
不管人们说什么闲话 我都不会理会
I will think nothing to any purpose that the world can say against it,
我说过反对结婚的话 不要因此把我嘲笑
and therefore never flout at me for what I have said against it,
因为人本善变,这就是我的结论
for man is a giddy thing, and this is my conclusion.
殿下,你弟弟约翰 逃跑途中被抓获
My lord. Your brother John is ta’en in flight,
由武装士兵押回麦西纳
and brought with armed men back to Messina.
先不管他,明天再说 我会帮你想个办法惩罚他
Think not on him till to-morrow. I’ll devise thee brave punishments for him.
结婚前我们先来跳舞吧
Let’s dance ere we are married,
让我们的心和妻子的鞋跟同飞舞
that it may lighten our hearts and our wives’ heels.
还是先结婚吧
We’ll have dancing afterward.
还是先跳舞吧,音乐奏起来
First, upon my word. Therefore, play, music.
亲王,你好像有心事
Prince, thou art sad.
娶个妻子吧,娶个妻子吧
Get thee a wife, get thee a wife.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!