这封信上说阿♥拉♥贡的
I learnin this letter that Don Pedro
唐·佩德罗今天到麦西纳
of Arragon comes this day to Messina.
离得很近了,不到9英里
He is very near by this, not three leagues off.
这次战斗中损失了多少人?
Have any gentlemen been lost in this action?
没几个,都是些无名小卒
But few of any sort, and none of name.
全军凯♥旋♥的胜利就是双倍胜利
A victory is twice itself when the achiever brings home full numbers.
信中说唐·佩德罗对一个名叫
I find here that Don Pedro hath bestowed much honor
克罗迪奥的佛罗伦萨年轻人 褒奖甚丰
upon a young Florentine called Claudio.
对他来说是名至实归
Much deserved on his part
而唐·佩德罗是有功必奖
and equally remembered by Don Pedro,
他的表现超出年龄所及
he hath borne himself beyond the promise of his age,
外表像羔羊,却勇猛如狮子
doing, in the figure of a lamb, the feats of a lion. Rarh!
请问剑客先生从战场回来了吗?
I pray you, is Signior Mountanto returned from the wars or no?
我不知道这个名字,小姐
I know none of that name, lady.
她是说班尼迪克先生
My cousin means Signior Benedick of Padua.
哦,他回来了
O, he’s returned
像以前一样可爱风趣
and as pleasant as ever he was.
请问他在战场 杀死多少?吃掉多少?
I pray you, how many hath he killed and eaten in these wars?
先说他杀死了多少?
But how many hath he killed?
我答应过他 把他杀死的全吃掉
For indeed I promised to eat all of his killing.
侄女,你挖苦 班尼迪克先生太狠了
Faith, niece, you tax Signior Benedick too much,
我敢说,他不会饶你的
but he’ll be meet with you, I doubt it not.
他在战场上表现很好,小姐
He hath done good service, lady, in these wars.
你那堆发霉军粮,他都帮你吃掉
You had musty victual, and he hath holp to eat it.
他是个勇猛的贪吃鬼 食量大得很
He is a very valiant trencherman, he hath an excellent stomach.
也是个很好的战士,小姐
And a good soldier too, lady.
在女人面前是好战士
And a good soldier to a lady.
在贵族面前是什么呢?
But what is he to a lord?
贵族面前的贵族 男子汉面前的男子汉
A lord to a lord, a man to a man,
充满了可敬的美德
stuffed with all honorable virtue.
确实如此
It is so, indeed,
只不过是个大饭桶
he is no less than a stuffed man.
千万别误会我侄女的话
You must not, sir, mistake my niece.
班尼迪克先生和她说笑惯了
There is a kind of merry war betwixt Signior Benedick and her.
两人一见面就唇枪舌剑
They never meet but there’s a skirmish of wit between them.
他现在的同伴是谁? 听说他每月都换把兄弟
Who is his companion now? He hath every month a new sworn brother.
有这事吗?
Is’t possible?
很有可能
Very easily possible.
他对友谊像对帽子的款式 常随心情而换
He wears his faith but as the fashion of his hat, it ever changes with the next block.
小姐,我看出这位先生 不在你的宠爱名单中
I see, lady, the gentleman is not in your books.
是的,如果在,我就把书房♥烧掉
No, and he were, I would burn my study.
请问,他现在的同伴是谁?
But, I pray you, who is his companion?
难道没有轻狂的小伙子 愿跟他一起鬼混吗?
Is there no young squarer now that will make a voyage with him to the devil?
他和尊贵的克罗迪奥来往最亲密
He is most in the company of the right noble Claudio.
哦,天啊,他会像瘟疫一样缠住他
O, lord, he will hang upon him like a disease.
他比瘟疫传染得还快
He is sooner caught than the pestilence,
谁被传染,谁就会疯掉
and the taker runs presently mad.
上帝帮帮尊贵的克罗迪奥吧!
O, God help the noble Claudio!
如果染上班尼迪克 得花一千镑才能治好
If he have caught the Benedick, it will cost him a thousand pound ere he be cured.
里昂纳多先生,你是迎接麻烦来了
Good Signior Leonato, You are come to welcome your trouble.
世上流行避免麻烦,你却迎上前来
The fashion of the world is to avoid cost, and you encounter it.
我家从没来过你这般优雅的麻烦
Never came trouble to my house in the likeness of your grace.
因为麻烦去了,感觉如释重负
For trouble being gone, comfort should remain.
而你离开时 快乐亦离去,只留下忧伤
But when you depart from me sorrow abides and happiness takes his leave.
你太愿意自讨麻烦了
Hmm, you embrace your charge too willingly.
这是你女儿吧?
I think this is your daughter.
她母亲总对我这样说
Her mother hath many times told me so.
你是不是有疑惑才问她?
Were you in doubt, sir, that you asked her?
没有,班尼迪克先生 你那时还小
Signior Benedick, no, for then were you a child.
确实,这位小姐长得很像父亲
Truly, truly, the lady fathers herself.
你真幸福,小姐 长得很像尊贵的父亲
Be happy, lady, for you are like an honorable father.
里昂纳多先生要是她父亲
If Signior Leonato be her father,
给她整个麦西纳,她也不愿 双肩上长个像他的头
She would not have his head on her shoulders for all Messina as like him as she is.
怎么还在说,班尼迪克先生? 没人听啦
I wonder that you would still be talking, Signior Benedick. Nobody marks you.
怎么,亲爱的傲慢小姐! 你还活着?
What, my dear Lady Disdain! Are you yet living?
有班尼迪克先生那样的 精神食粮,傲慢怎会死去?
Is it possible disdain should die while she hath such meet food to feed it as Signior Benedick?
如果有你出现 谦恭也会变成傲慢
Courtesy itself must convert to disdain, if you come in her presence.
那谦恭就是反复无常的小人
Then is courtesy a turncoat.
毫无疑问,所有女人都爱我 只有你除外
But it is certain I am loved of all ladies, only you excepted,
真希望我不是那么铁石心肠
and I would I could find it in my heart that I had not a hard heart,
因为我真的一个都不爱
for, truly, I love none.
那真是女人的福气
Dear happiness to women, else would they
否则她们会被你 这讨厌的追求者烦死
have been troubled with a pernicious suitor.
感谢上帝和我的冷血 我和你想法一样
I thank God and my cold blood, I am of your humor for that.
宁愿听我的狗对乌鸦叫 也不愿听男人发誓说爱我
I had rather hear my dog bark at a crow than a man swear he loves me.
愿上帝保佑小姐你想法不变
God keep your ladyship still in that mind
某位男士就可以逃脱 脸被抓破的恶运
so some gentleman or other shall ‘scape a predestinate scratched face.
脸抓破不会倒霉 长了你那副尊容倒是会
Scratching could not make it worse, an ’twere such a face as yours were.
你真是少有的驯鹦鹉好手
Well, you are a rare parrot-teacher.
学我说话的鸟比向你学的畜生强
Um, a bird of my tongue is better than a beast of yours.
希望我的马像你舌头一样快 像你一样不知疲倦
I would my horse had the speed of your tongue, and so good a continuer.
你接着说,恕不奉陪
But keep in your way, God’s name, I have done.
说不过就学劣马溜号♥
You always end with a jade’s trick.
我知道你这老一套
I know you of old.
班尼迪克先生,我的朋友 里昂纳多邀请大家住下
Signior Benedick, my dear friend Leonato hath invited you all.
我说我们至少要待一个月
I tell him we shall stay here at the least the month,
他诚心希望有什么事 能留我们住得更长
and he heartily prays some occasion may detain us longer.
小姐
Lady.
让我来欢迎你吧,大人
Let me bid you welcome, my lord.
你已与令兄和解 我该向你竭诚致敬
Being reconciled with the prince your brother, I owe you all duty.
谢谢
thank you.
我不善言词,但我感谢你
I am not of many words, but I thank you.
你在前面领路吧
Please it your grace lead on?
把手给我,里昂纳多 咱们一起走
Your hand, Leonato. We will go together.
班尼迪克,有没有注意 里昂纳多的女儿?
Benedick, didst thou note the daughter of Signior Leonato?
看见了,可我没注意
I noted her not, but I looked on her.
她不是位贤淑的少女吗?
Is she not a modest young lady?
你是作为正直的人
Do you question me, as an honest man should do,
询问我的真实判断
for my simple true judgment,
还是要我按自己习惯 以统治女性的暴君发表意见?
or would you have me speak after my custom, as being a professed tyrant to their sex?
不,请根据你冷静的判断
No, I pray thee speak in sober judgment.
好,老实说,我觉得 她太矮不能给予太高的恭维
Why, i’ faith, methinks she is too low for a high praise,
太黑不能给予太美的赞扬 太小不能给予太大的赞美
too brown for a fair praise, too little for a great praise.
我能给她唯一的称赞是
Only this commendation I can afford her,
如果她不是现在这样
that were she other than she is,
那她一定不漂亮
she were unhandsome,
既然她不能更漂亮 所以我不喜欢她
and being no other than as she is, I do not like her.
你以为我说着玩 请说实话,你觉得她怎样
Thou thinkest I am in sport. I pray thee tell me truly how thou likest her.
你这样打听,是想买♥♥下她吗?
Would you buy her, that you inquire after her?
全世界财富能买♥♥下这样的珍宝吗?
Can the world buy such a jewel?
可以,外加装珍宝的盒子
Yea, and a case to put it into.
你说这话时为何愁眉不展?
But speak you this with a sad brow?
在我眼中,她是我生平所见 最可爱的姑娘
In mine eye she is the sweetest lady that ever I looked on.
我看东西还不用眼镜 但我看不出这般情景
I can see yet without spectacles and I see no such matter.
那是她堂妹,若不像凶神附身 比她漂亮得多
There’s her cousin, an she were not possessed with a fury, exceeds her as much in beauty
如5月初的春潮 胜过12月底的岁末
as the first of May doth the last of December.
可我希望你不是想做丈夫了吧?
But I hope you have no intent to turn husband, have you?
虽然我曾发誓不娶
I would scarce trust myself,
但如希罗愿做我妻 我也拿不定主意
though I had sworn the contrary, if Hero would be my wife.
果真到了如此地步?
Is it come to this?
再也见不到60岁的单身汉了?
Shall I never see a bachelor of three-score again?
算啦,如你非要给自己套上枷锁
Go ty i’ faith, an thou wilt needs thrust thy neck into a yoke,
那就带着勒痕,星期天在家叹气吧
wear the print of it and sigh away Sundays.
你们不随里昂纳多走 在这谈什么秘密?
What secret hath held you here, that you followed not Leonato?
我情愿等您逼我说出
I would your grace would constrain me to tell.
你要臣从,我命令你说
I charge thee on thy allegiance.
哦,臣从,你提到臣从 我必须臣从,他恋爱了
O, on my allegiance? Mark you this. On my allegiance he is in love.
和谁?这应是您的问题 请注意他的回答多么简短
With who? Now that is your grace’s part. Mark you how short his answer is.
和希罗,里昂纳多矮小的女儿
With Hero, Leonato’s short daughter.
阿门,如果真爱她 这位小姐值得你爱
Amen, if you love her, for the lady is very well worthy.