Closer.
我想知道 如果托比失去了他的猫 他会怎么样
I wonder what Toby would do if he lost that cat.
我不敢想
I daren’t think.
我认为和你生命中不可缺少的东西在一起 …
I suppose that’s the way to be really happy.
这是真的很令人高兴的事情
Be with something that you just can’t live without.
或者是不可缺少的人
Or someone.
是不是织的有点长了?
Isn’t that getting a little long?
文说他们 在空军都喜欢长一点的
Vin says they like them long in the air force.
他们要是明天回来参加花展 岂不是太棒了吗?
Isn’t it nice they’re getting back for the flower show?
是的 谁说不是哪?
Yes, isn’t it?
你查到他们的火车什么时候到了吗?
Did you find out when their train arrives?
我想他们是说11:45
11 :45, I think they said.
太好了
Good.
我很高兴他们去苏格兰度蜜月 那儿太美了
I am glad they went to Scotland for the honeymoon. It’s so beautiful.
是啊
Yeah.
是炸♥弹♥
That’s a bomb.
他们又去轰炸机场了
They are going for the aerodrome again.
你看完这本书了吗 亲爱的?- 是的
Have you finished with this, darling? – Yes.
这是个有趣的故事
It’s a lovely story.
我想路易丝·卡罗没有想到 它会成为不朽名著
I wonder if Lewis Carroll ever dreamed it would live forever.
哎 这是我读过的第一个故事 – 我也是
You know, it’s the first story I ever read. Mine too.
真的吗?
Really?
“她想象着她将怎样度过她…
“How she would keep through all her riper years…
…简单而开心的童年…
…the simple and loving heart of her childhood…
…怎样把小孩儿聚集在她身边 …
…and how she would gather about her little children…
…让他们沉浸在奇异的童话世界中 ”
…and make their eyes bright and eager with many a strange tale.”
“或许还能梦到很久以前的仙境
“Perhaps even with the dream of Wonderland of long ago.
还有她怎样感受她的悲哀…
And how she would feel with all her simple sorrows…
…怎么愉悦在她的欢乐中…
…and find a pleasure in all her simple joys…
…回想起她自己的童年生活和欢乐的夏日
…remembering her own child life and the happy summer days.”
欢乐的夏日
The happy summer days.
拿破仑没事 亲爱的 它就在下面
Napoleon’s all right, darling. He’s gone under there.
妈妈?- 什么事 亲爱的?
Mommy? – Yes, dear?
他们这次差点要了我们的命 对吗?
They nearly killed us this time, didn’t they?
都结束了 亲爱的 都结束了
It’s all over, darling. It’s all over now.
嗨 妈妈 嗨 爸爸 – 嗨 亲爱的
Hello, Mother. Hello, Dad. Hello, darling.
你们过得怎么样?
How have you been?
我们过得非常愉快
We had a wonderful time.
孩子 你娶了个漂亮的新娘
Good looking bride you’ve got, boy.
嗨 妈妈 – 噢 我的天哪
Hello, Mother! – Oh, my God.
再见到你真是太好了 – 太棒了
Good to see you again. – Wonderful.
卡萝尔 亲爱的
Carol, sweet.
难道你不吻我吗?- 当然会的
Don’t I get a kiss? – Certainly do.
你们玩得高兴吗?- 我们玩得很开心
Did you enjoy yourselves? – We had a lovely time.
我们钓鱼 划船还航海
We fished and rowed and sailed.
我们住在一个漂亮的小别♥墅♥里
We had a lovely little cottage
还有一位麦克劳瑞夫人为我们做饭
and a Mrs. McLorry to cook for us.
她做多少 我们就吃多少
How she cooked, and how we ate.
我来拿 爸爸?- 不用了
Can I help you, Dad? – No.
你好 波勒先生 – 你好
Hello, Mr. Ballard. – How do you do?
早上好 波勒
Morning, Ballard.
我知道你的玫瑰参加了花展
I see you’ve entered your rose in the flower show.
那是朵漂亮的玫瑰 – 我还没见过
It’s a good rose. – I haven’t seen it yet.
我打赌最好的就是它的名字了
I wager the best thing about it is its name.
米尼弗夫人 那就是你 我亲爱的
The Mrs. Miniver. That’s you, my dear.
你们来参加花展吗?- 除了克莱姆我们都来
You’re coming to the flower show? – All except Clem.
我来不了 我当班巡逻
I’m afraid I can’t. I’m on patrol duty.
你会错过很多的本地天才
You’re missing a lot. Local talent.
斯♥诺♥普会表演长笛独奏
Old Snope is playing his flute solo.
我会早点到那儿的 – 好的 再见 亲爱的
I’ll be there early. – All right. Goodbye, dear.
小心
Careful.
干得怎么样 乔治?
How’s it going, George?
很好 米尼弗 先生 很好
Fine, Mr. Miniver. Just fine.
我们进去吧 文
Let’s go, Vin.
噢 我们到了 – 欢迎回家 尽管它是这样
Well, here we are. – Welcome home, such as it is.
这么凌乱
It’s quite a mess.
当时一定很可怕
It must’ve been dreadful.
噢 没有看起来那么糟
Oh, it’s not as bad as it looks.
只是我们没有时间清理
We just didn’t have time to clear it all up.
那儿的饭厅被破坏得最厉害
The dining room there got the worst of it.
不过我正好想翻新它
But I always did want to do that room over.
楼上还都完好无损 – 是的
The upstairs is quite all right. Yeah.
|亲爱的 我们得拿些毯子
Darling, we’ll have to get some blankets up there
到楼上把窗户遮起来
and black that place out.
托比 – 文
Toby, old boy. – Vin!
文
Vin.
你好 托比 – 卡萝尔
Hello, Toby. – Carol.
弹得太棒了
That was wonderful.
你喜欢?- 是的 弹得不错
You liked it? – Yes, it was fine.
我得过腮腺炎了
I’ve had the mumps.
噢 太让人惊喜了
Oh, this was a lovely surprise.
好了 孩子们 让卡萝尔休息一下 来吧 文
All right, children, let Carol go now. Come on, Vin.
我带你们上楼去你们的房♥间
I’ll take you up to your room.
还是你原来的房♥间 文
It’s your old room, of course, Vin,
不过我们重新布置了一下
but we made a few changes.
对 德国佬也出了不少力
Yeah, the Jerries made a few more.
也去谢谢你♥爸♥爸 亲爱的
Thank your father too, darling.
我这就去 顺便把其它的行李拿上来
I’ll do that right away and bring up the rest of the luggage.
这屋子太漂亮了 谢谢
Thanks for the lovely room.
还有谢谢你把文培养的这么好
And thanks for Vin.
他很不错 对吧?
He is nice, isn’t he?
我想你不知道 我有多爱他
I wonder if you know how much I love him.
只要看看你 还有他 我就知道了
I only have to look at you. And him.
你看到这边的景色了吗?
Have you seen the view here?
它真的很漂亮
It’s really beautiful.
噢 是的
Oh, it is.
你快乐吗?- 当然了
You’re happy? Of course.
在过去的两周里 我感受到了一生的快乐
I’ve had a lifetime of happiness in these last two weeks.
不 卡萝尔 那才刚开始
But Carol, that’s only the beginning.
凯伊 我不害怕面对现实
Kay, I’m not afraid to face the truth.
你呢?- 不
Are you? No.
我爱他 不过我明白… – 卡萝尔
I love him, but I know… – Carol.
我知道我可能会失去他
I know that I may lose him.
他很年轻 热爱生活 可他却可能会战死
He’s young and he loves life, but he may die.
让我说
Let me say it.
他随时都可能战死
He may be killed any day, any hour.
你必须要面对这个现实
You must have faced that in your mind.
是的 我知道
Yes, I’ve faced it.
所以你知道 每一秒钟都是那么珍贵
Then you know that every moment is precious.
我们决不能把时间浪费在恐惧害怕
We mustn’t waste time in fear.
我这样说 你不会恨我的 是吗?
You won’t hate me for saying this, will you?
不会的 卡萝尔
No, Carol.
在拥有他的每一分 每一秒
I will be very happy.
我都要非常快乐
Every moment that I have him. Every moment.
如果注定要失去他 那就到时候再去悲痛吧
If I must lose him, there’ll be time enough for tears.
我的余生都将在痛苦中度过
There’ll be a lifetime for tears.
这是对的 是吗?
That’s right, isn’t it?
噢 这一些 都是我妻子的
Well, that’s the lot. All my wife’s.
嘿 看到这个衣箱了吗?非常漂亮吧?
Say, have you noticed her crested dressing case? Swank, eh?
我们有时间收拾这些东西吗?
Have we time to unpack?
来得及 我们一点才吃午饭
Yes. We won’t lunch till 1.
我答应三点去参加花展
I promised we’d be at the flower show by 3.
不能错过这个活动
Can’t miss the entertainment.
合唱团又有新成员了
The glee club has a new number.
现在是休息时间 贝尔汉姆乐队将为大家表演
There will now be an interlude by the Belham band.
嗨 波勒 你好吗?- 还好 谢谢
Hello, Ballard. How are you? – All right, thanks.
祝你好运 祝你有最好的运气 – 谢谢你
Good luck. The best of luck to you. – Thank you.
希望你能获奖 波勒 – 谢谢
I hope you get it, Ballard. – Thanks.
比克斯 – 是 夫人
Bickles. – Yes, milady.
快去拿评选结果
Hurry that paper from the judges.
我们想知道到底谁赢了