you do know, no matter what anyone might say,
你知道,不管别人说什么
that his death has been in vain.
战争是多么空虚
It won’t stop others from following. Other wars, other young men.
还是不能阻止其他年轻人 奔赴战场
Years later, after my husband had died,
在我丈夫死之后
and I was on my own, I decided to buy a theatre…
我独自一人买♥♥下了这个剧院
and put on a nude revue,
为像亚历克这样的年轻男孩
so that boys like Alec…
准备了裸体表演
…would never be in the same predicament.
这是前所未有的事
As long as the Windmill exists,
自从温德米尔存在以来
there’s no need for a sad little postcard stashed underneath a bed, is there?
没有人再偷偷把明信片 藏在床下面了,对吗?
Sometimes… my feelings towards our young men in uniform…
有时 我对穿着军装的年轻人的好感
…have led me to foolish actions,
让我做了傻事
which I do, in my very soul, regret.
我对此非常遗憾
But I do know this:
但是我知道一点
That my desire to present this gift to our young men has not been wrong.
我为年轻男士们献上的这份礼物 并没有错
If we are to ask our youth to surrender their lives,
如果国家要求他们放弃生命
then we should not ask them to surrender joy,
我们就不应该让他们放弃享乐
Or the possibility of joy.
或者是享乐的可能性
And if, along the way,
如果我们因此
we cause too many people to congregate in the street,
让太多的人聚集在一起
who gives a fiddler’s fuck?
谁他妈有权利让我们关门!
There. I’ve said it.
是的,这就是我要说的
Oh, dear, another air raid.
噢,亲爱的,又一次空袭
Don’t you think everyone would be so much safer inside?
让大家进去不是应该更安全吗?
Yes!
是的
Oh, for Christ’s sake, Van Damm,
看在上帝的份上,万丹姆
take down that stupid sign and let your public in.
把那个愚蠢的封条拆下来 让大家进去!
Closed
“关门”
We Never
“我们永不”
I thought so.
你在这里
You’re going to ask me to come down, aren’t you?
你以为我们会关门,是吗?
I wouldn’t dream of it.
我没想过
Now you know my secrets.
现在你知道我的秘密了
Yes.
是的
And I know none of yours.
我却不知道你的
No.
不
Well…
这个嘛…
Actually, I think you do.
事实上我想你知道
We have made rather a goof it, haven’t we?
我们没有遇见其他的女孩,对吗?
Yes.
是的
You’re a very irritating woman but I wouldn’t have missed this for the world.
他们是很烦人的女人, 但是比不上有一个人
I feel quite the same. Mm.
我感觉一样
Even though you’re a very irritating man.
虽然你是一个很烦的男人
So, we’ll continue?
我们要继续吗?
I’m game if you are. – Oh Yes
随你便吧 噢,是的
It passes the time of day.
多么美好的时刻 是的
Let’s watch the rest of the show.
我们去看完演出吧
You go inside.
你进去吧
I’ll stand here for a while.
我要在这里站一下
As you wish.
你喜欢
Would you fancy a dance?
你想参加舞会吗?
A dance? Where?
舞会?哪里?
Won’t it be dangerous?
会不会很危险?
You’re quite right. I’m a very cautious man. But…
你说得对,我是个谨慎的人 但是……
it won’t be dangerous. Not Tonight
这不会有危险的 今晚不会
Just one dance.
只是一支舞而已
Mr Van Damm. Mrs Henderson.
万丹姆先生 亨德森夫人
Ow! You’ve severed my toe.
啊,你踩到我的脚了
Nonsense. I didn’t touch it. You’re rather clumsy.
你死皮赖脸
That’s not something you say to a dancing partner.
这可不是该对舞伴说的话
You should take lessons before issuing an invitation.
要因人而异了
I’m a very good dancer, thank you very much.
我是一个非常好的舞伴,谢谢
In India only delicate men are good dancers.
在印度 我遇见过真正好的舞伴
The ungainly are not so.
很明显你不是
Don’t you dare speak to me like that.
听着,你太放肆了
Laura Henderson died in 1944. In Her will she left Windmill Theatre to Vivian Van Damn.
罗拉亨德森死于l944年