Remember, my theatre is beneath street level.
记住我的剧院可是高档场所
It’s the safest place to be.
…最安全的地方
Now, let’s have no more of these foolish ideas.
不要再说这些愚蠢的话
Oh, Tommy!
谁告诉你的!
Fires were started again last nlght In the East End.
昨天晚上在东区又发生了火灾
Londoners awoke after the tenth consecutlve night of bombardment
伦敦人在连续第十个轰炸之夜醒来
by the German air force.
德国空军
We have a huge challenge before us.
我们面对一个巨大的挑战
It’s up to us, Revudeville,
这取决于我们
to fortify London in a way that sandbags and anti-aircraft cannot do.
用我们自己的方式鼓励伦敦 让那些敌机达不到 击垮我们的目的
They may bomb our city,
他们可以轰炸我们的城市
destroy our homes,
摧毁我们的家
kill our friends and neighbours,
杀死我们的朋友和邻居
but through it all, our show will continue.
但是不管怎样 我们的演出将继续
We will never stop performing, and we will never close!
我们永远也不停止表演 也永远不会关门!
He thinks he’s bloody Winston Churchill.
他以为他是该死的温斯顿·丘吉尔
Some of our family are going.
我们中间有一些家庭失去了家园
Called up.
被征召
Yes.
是
Thank God our Bertie has a heart murmur.
但一定要渡过这个难关
It may be wise for some of you to move into the theatre.
这就是为什么你们中… 有人搬来了剧院
We have room, and because we’re underground, we’re safe.
我们有房♥间,而且因为 是地下室所以很安全
Of course, we’ll all have our war duties as well as theatrical ones.
当然我们都要为自己的安危考虑
But…
但是
we will pitch in and we will do our bit.
我们会坚持下去, 会尽我们的力量
That was beautifully put, Mr Van Damm.
这番演说很感人,万丹姆先生
I’m sure we will all make the necessary sacrifices.
我相信我们都将做出必要的牺牲
Yesterday I wanted to buy a new hat. I desisted.
昨天我本来想买♥♥一顶新帽子 我犹豫了
I put the money in National Savings instead.
转而把钱投入了国家捐款箱
We shall come through.
我们会渡过的
Ken said you were up here. I didn’t believe him.
你站在这里做什么? 我真不能相信你
Why ever not?
为什么不?
It’s bloody dangerous, that’s why! Come on down.
太危险了,这就是为什么!快下来地下室
Oh, dear. Oh, dear.
噢,亲爱的亲爱的
The aircraft have passed.
空袭已经过去了
Look, you can see them over the East End.
你可以看见它们朝西边飞去了
You’re ever so cautious, Mr Van Damm.
你太小心翼翼了,万丹姆先生
One shouldn’t be overly so at times like these.
在这样的时期环境中, 一切都是防不胜防的
Everyone should be cautious.
所有的人都应该小心
You don’t seem to take war too seriously, Mrs Henderson.
你似乎不太重视战争,亨德森夫人
I wonder what you were like when you were young.
我想知道你年轻时是什么样子
Rather dashing, I dare say.
我敢说,相当有魄力
And filled with hope.
而且充满希望
My mind turns towards young men these days.
我现在经常想起年轻人
You see, Mr Van Damm,
你看,万丹姆先生
I take war far more seriously than you can ever dare imagine.
我对战争的关注超出了你的想象
No, you’ll have to cover her faster than that.
不,你应该快点遮住她
You need to be a lot faster. Those things weigh a ton, Bertie.
我们动作要快很多才行 我们要去下卫生间
Goon. Take five minutes.
好吧,五分钟时间
No, no, no… get it up.
不,不,不 举起来
I just can’t lift it higher.
我就是举不起来
Oh, my dear, how generous.
亲爱的,谢谢
Help steel our nerves for the air raids.
可以减缓压力
It does seem they’re no longer bombing during the tableaux.
现在表演的时候, 确实很少发生空袭
Well, that’s because Mr Van Damm sent Hitler our programme.
演出时间都是… 万丹姆先生精心安排的
Professional courtesy between Führers.
避免葬礼的好计划
You’re all so energetic and courageous.
你还是这么精力充沛
We’re the only theatre still playing in the West End.
还有其他的剧院在演出吗?
Then you all go out with the soldiers after the show. It’s admirable.
很多女孩演出后都和军官约会
Oh, but I don’t. Well, I never go out.
但是我没有 我从来不拍拖
My dear, why ever not?
为什么不?
Before I started stripping off for a living, I was always falling in love.
在我脱衣表演前,我总是在恋爱
I was hopeless.
我简直不可救药
Never again.
再也不会了
So I’ve become a right little priss.
我变成了小修女
A naked spinster.
一个裸体的老处♥女♥
And that’s the way I like it.
我喜欢这样
Who would have dreamed that standing on a stage
谁会想到,不♥穿♥衣服站上的舞台
without any clothes on would be the safest place to be?
居然会成为最安全的地方
Could you er… come this way, sir?
你能来这边吗?
Mrs Henderson would like to speak to you.
亨德森夫人想和你谈话
Who’s the flower for?
花是送给谁的?
The girl inside the fan.
我是个崇拜者
Speak up, dear. – The girl in the fan.
说出来吧 扇子里那个姑娘
Oh. Yes.
噢,是的
How old are you? 21.
你多大? 21岁
21?
21岁…
Too young for her, I suppose.
对她来说还太小了,我猜
Come back tomorrow night.
明晚再来吧
Sweet.
宝贝
I was always afraid that someday I’d end up working in a florist shop.
我总是期待有一天能和军官约会
I have no idea.
我不知道
Are you girls decent?
你们穿好衣服了吗?
Oh, good.
太好了
I’ve brought someone.
我带了个人过来
This is Paul.
这是珀尔
Oh. I see. Erm…
噢,我知道了
Girls, can you er…
女孩们,你们能不能…
I was… looking forward to… Speak up, dear.
我一直想… 大声点!
Would you mind if I had a moment alone?
你介意我们单独待几分钟吗?
Thank you.
谢谢!
I recognised the name of your florist. He can’t afford this sort of thing.
我认出上面的字迹了
He comes from a very distinguished family.
他来自一个显赫的家族
Truth is so prosaic.
事实就是这样
He’s young. That’s all.
他很年轻,就这样
And rather well put together, wouldn’t you say?
你们很合适,不是吗?
That face.
那张脸
He’s young.
他很年轻
And in five days he goes to the front.
还有五天他就要去法国了
And he may not come back.
他可能不会再回来
And it’s so lonely out there in the… Trenches.
他很孤单 无助
Yes, I know the word.
是的,我知道
Books have been written about the last war,
事实上,亨德森夫人…
and I have actually read some of them.
我有和他们出去过
And I suppose he saw me on stage and fell in love.
我猜他是爱上了舞台上的我
and the next thing I knew, I was an illusion.
下一秒我就开始做梦
Because that’s all we are up there.
就是这样
But the odd thing is I’m still in that river, and I want to be rescued.
事实是,我还在那条河里 而且,我不会被那些法官
But not by some drum roll or applause or a soldier’s fantasy.
士兵的幻想救起来…
Oh, dear,
亲爱的
you’re such a tiresome generation.
你们是懦弱的一代
You all want love.
你们只想要爱
We got along very nicely without it, thank you very much.
没有爱我们照样活下去
I don’t see why that boy’s fantasy is any more foolish than yours.
我不认为那个男孩 的幻想比你愚蠢
Oh, damn.
见鬼
She loved your flowers, dear.
她喜欢你的鲜花,亲爱的
What flowers?
什么鲜花?
Trouble, boss.
麻烦了,老大
Is it that bloody woman again? No, not this time, VD.
又是那个该死的女人吗?-不,这次不行
Do you want me to knock the door down?
你要我敲门吗?
You’ll hurt your shoulder.
…你不想演出继续了吗?
Get inside.
…进去
You can’t do this.
…你不能这样做! …为什么不?
Why not? You’re part of our family.
你是这个家庭的一员
A terrible choice of words.
现在说这个太槽糕了
What are you talking about? I don’t want to discuss it.
…你在说什么? 我不想谈论这个,万丹姆先生
But you have to tell me what’s behind this. You owe it to me.
你得告诉我究竟发生了什么?
My concern for the aesthetics of Revudeville.
我要退出温德米尔
I don’t think you want a nude on stage who is pregnant!
我想你不想一个怀孕的裸体演员出现在舞台上
Oh, Christ! ‘Scuse me, Mr Van Damm.
哦,上帝!-请原谅我,范达姆先生