And they won’t be standing so close… will they?
他们也不会站这么近 会吗?
We can hear them breathing. A man has to breathe.
我们能听到他们喘气的声音 人都要呼吸
Heavy breathing.
很重的呼吸声
After all, it doesn’t seem fair for them to be dressed when we’re not.
总之,他们穿衣服… 我们不♥穿♥,这不公平
Okey-doke. I know what to do.
好了,我知道该怎样做了
Come on, gentlemen. Come on. You too.
来吧,先生们 来吧,你们两个
What? Fair is fair.
现在公平了吧
Let’s make the ladies comfortable.
让我们让女士们舒服点
Come on.
快点
Strip.
脱♥光♥衣服
You too, Mr Van Damm.
你也要,万丹姆先生!
Don’t be ridiculous. Someone has to maintain authority here.
我们需要有人在这里保持权威性
Take your clothes off, please. No.
请把你的衣服脱掉 不!
Off! Off! Off!
脱掉! 脱掉!
Off! Off! Off! Off! Off! Off!
脱掉! 脱掉!脱掉!
Off! Off! Off! Off!
脱掉! 脱掉!脱掉!
All right! All right!
够了!够了!
Bloody childish!
受不了!
Mrs Henderson. Mrs Henderson!
亨德森夫人 亨德森夫人,你…
Why, Mr Van Damm…
怎么回事,万达姆先生?
…you are Jewish!
你确实是犹太人
I think I saw a priest in the audience. Oh, stop it! You’re hallucinating!
这太害羞了!
Everyone looked so rich. Oh, I hope so.
所有的人看上去都那么别扭!
When I take off my clothes,
当我把衣服脱掉的时候
I close my eyes and think, “This will bring me champagne. ”
我就把眼睛闭上想像我在喝香槟!
I think, “One more day and it hasn’t happened yet. ”
我在想,又过了一天, 还是什么也没发生
Oh, my God!
哦,天哪!
I’ve brought the Lord Chamberlain.
我把法官大人带来了
He felt he had to say a few words of encouragement to you.
他有一些话要对你们说
Isn’t that delicious?
这是不是很鼓舞呢?
Well done.
干得好
Well done. I…
非常好
May I be… permitted to say…
或许 可以这么说
…that… Oh, good heavens!
这…上帝啊!
Good heavens! I…
天哪!
I…
我…
What an artistic enterprise er…
这是一出多么艺术的…
you have um…
演出…
A testament, really, to the British p…
对于英国议会…
It’s a magical evening. Hm?
这是一个神奇的夜晚
I quite understand what you were feeling.
我理解你们的感受
I myself have exhibited my breasts.
要露出我的胸部, 我也会觉得不好意思
I was at a party in Antibes
我自己并不是一个保守的人
with The Duchess of Denby and Countess Volpe,
丹比公爵夫人和沃尔佩伯爵夫人
and we took off our blouses – in private, of course –
但是我要说我很佩服你们
and looked at each other’s titties.
还有你们美好的轮廓
My, how we laughed!
我太喜欢了
The Lord Chamberlain was very taken with you, my dear.
法官大人对你非常欣赏,亲爱的
Mrs Henderson. Mr Van Damm. Quite an evening.
亨德森夫人…万丹姆先生! 我们度过了一个美好的夜晚!
The Lord Chamberlain was very pleased.
法官大人非常满意
I wanted you to meet Natalie.
我希望你见见娜塔莉
Vivian’s spoken about you sooften, I just feel that I know you.
薇薇安很快就说起你了,我只是觉得我了解你
Well… I certainly don’t know you!
不! 我并不认识你!
Excuse me.
抱歉
You can be rude to me, but not to my wife!
你可以对我粗鲁! 但是不能这样对我妻子!
What wife? When did you acquire a wife?
什么妻子? 从什么时候起你叫她妻子?
Why haven’t you told us? What do you mean?
为什么你不告诉我们 什么意思?
You never mentioned her.
你从来没有说起过她
I believe a figure of authority must maintain a sense of privacy.
我有权利保持一定的隐私!
Good heavens! A wife!
上帝啊!你有妻子
Who on earth said there was a problem?
到底是谁说有问题?
Fine. Have a wife, if you insist.
好吧,有你妻子的吧, 如果你坚持的话
Just don’t let her interfere with any of your duties.
但是不要让她干涉你任何工作
That’s their purpose. I know. I was a wife.
这就是他们的目的 我知道 我也曾经是个妻子!
So sack me, then!
那就解雇我吧!
If you’re unhappy with me, just say it and I’ll leave!
如果你对我不满意,说出来我就走!
But don’t you dare ever, ever talk to my wife like that again!
但是你休想再对我妻子说那样的话!
Oh, don’t you worry. I’ll keep my eye on you.
别担心,我会监视你的!
You do that.
随你便
I hope you realise I will never, ever, ever set foot in this theatre again!
我告诉你,我以后再也不… 进来这个剧院一步!
You two behave like an old married couple.
你们就像新婚夫妇一样
Well, it seems that would make him a bigamist.
你犯了一个大错误 噢…
Champagne, then?
那就喝香槟吧!
It is rather as I thought.
这都怪我
Your heart has stirred.
你的心乱了
Then I must consult a physician.
那我要反省下了
This should have been such a pleasant night.
这本来是个美妙的夜晚
I want you to flank her. Flank her?
我要你站在她水平方向 …水平?
Stand either side of her. Oh.
和她平视
Aren’t I in silhouette, like in the picture?
能把灯关上吗,就像画一样
And the sun must rise behind you. Orange.
太阳从你背后升起
We see the rays of the sun, like in the picture.
你看见阳光像画一样射过来
A new dawn over the New World.
你面对着一个新的世界
Goody, goody.
好极了,好极了
Goody, goody.
好极了,好极了
Goody, goody.
好极了,好极了
And now…
现在…
How… … do you do?
怎么能这样?
Do something!
做点什么!
How will I explain this to the Lord Chamberlain?
我该怎么向张伯伦大人解释?
Coming through! Excuse me, Mr Van Damm. Sorry.
看着点!借过,万丹姆先生
I forgot my fin.
我忘记道具了
It’ll have to be tighter than that.
必须比那更紧
Good afternoon, Doris. Afternoon.
下午好,桃乐茜 …下午好
How’s your mother? She’s fine, thank you.
…你妈妈好吗? …她很好,谢谢
Yes. She told me to tell you she’s very disappointed I’m a starfish.
她觉得我应该演美人鱼
She thinks I should be a mermaid. Ah. I’ll send her a note.
而不是海星 啊,我会回信给她的
And who have we here? Catherine the Great.
看看谁在这… 凯瑟琳很好
Have you forgotten the tableau of the wars?
你忘了战争的画面了吗?
Come along, Mr Van Damm. Wakey-wakey.
跟我来,万达姆,我要换衣服了
You might show a bit more respect.
你应该对我尊重点 是的
Afternoon, girls. How are you? Better now, Mr Van Damm.
…你们好吗? 不怎么好,万丹姆先生
She was leaning arse over backwards. In the Alaskan tableau, of course.
这有什么不能说的
All that ice.
是和鲁贝吵架了吧
But Rupert soon got the blood flowing!
但鲁贝很快就流下了鲜血!
Behave yourself!
有教养点!哈哈哈
We must be cautious about too much frivolity.
我们处事必须非常小心!
The Windmill is a very serious business!
温德米尔是个很正经的生意场所
Yes, Mr Van Damm.
是的,万丹姆先生!
Do I give it to the students again, sir? Mr Van Damm.
还是给那群学生吗?
At your own discretion, dear boy.
你随机应变吧,好孩子
It’s beastly.
这太过分了
I can’t walk into my own theatre.
我不能去我自己的剧院!
I hear wonderful things about the new performances
我看了很多关于它的新闻
and I’m missing all the fun.
我错过了所有的趣事!
You did say you would never set foot in the The Windmill again.
可是是你自己说的… 永远不再进入温德米尔!
Quite right. The man’s a monster.
说得对,那个男人是个禽兽
I want nothing to do with him.
我和他一点关系也没有
You’re very much like my granddaughter
你简直就像我的孙女
who moans about the boy she has her eye on.
她整天念叨那个暗恋的男孩
Adolescents and women in their eighth decade are strikingly similar.
亨德森夫人和她真是惊人的相似
You obviously require a battle plan.
你应该制定一个详尽的作战计划
My second husband, the General,
我的第二任丈夫,那个将军
always advocated attacking from the rear,
我也常常对他使诡计
which, although it did nothing to enhance our marriage,
这对我们的婚姻没有任何损害
did bring him some success on the field.
还帮他打了几场胜仗
and establish your beachhead.
好好用用脑子
Excuse us! This is a private dressing room.
抱歉,这是私人化妆室
It’s only me.
只有我一个人
I’m sorry, but I did not want to be seen in the theatre.
抱歉,我不想在剧院里被看见