Our lighting will be so subtle, the disputed area will be barely visible.
我们的音乐剧会非常小心 你所担心的东西是不会出现的
Anyway, we’ll have a barber.
不管怎样说,我们还可以露奶♥子♥
You are the most exasperating woman! You always were.
你一直是一个非常高贵的女士
I take that to mean you’ll permit us to have a go.
我想你很久前… 就应该得出这个结论了
As long as no-one moves, yes.
直到你做出这些举动之前
Perhaps.
是的,或许
I reserve final judgment… until opening night.
我会做出最后的定论 在首映日
I’m delighted, dear ladies, that you all wish to be a part of our endeavour.
我欣赏你们对剧院 事业作出的贡献
Thank you very much.
非常感谢
Saliva. Behave!
…这些胸部怎么样? …有规矩点
I’ve never realised how similar breasts are to shoes.
从来没有意识到胸部 和鞋子是多么相似
What do you mean? They come in so many sizes.
…为什么? 它们都有很多尺寸
I’ve always found them rather overrated, myself.
不到80岁我不会对此失去兴趣
Well, you’re not a man.
你怎么不是一个男人
Alas.
没错
All right, ladies. Off you go.
好了,女士们,开始吧
What do you make of her?
她怎么样?
She’s beautiful. Yes.
她很美
They’re not British. Could be Italian.
她不是英国人,应该是意大利人
We must have British nipples.
我们必须选择英式乳♥头♥
And how about her?
她呢?
The right one’s bigger than the left.
右边比左边大点
Her.
她呢?
Fried eggs.
煎鹞蛋
Sorry.
哈哈哈,抱歉
Thank you very much. Could you all please wait in the wings? Thank you.
非常感谢 你们能等我们下周通知吗? 感谢
What, basically, are you looking for? Personality.
你到底在找什么?
Well, I suggest you start looking in their faces.
我建议你看看她们的脸蛋
Yes, of course!
是的,当然!
We’re looking at the wrong kind of girl.
我找错女孩了!
We shouldn’t have theatricals.
我们要找真正的女孩
Maggie, make a note. My dear?
麦琪,记下来 帮我拿着
Bertie and I are going to tour the countryside
我们要去乡下发现
and discover some English roses.
一些真正的英国玫瑰!
Oh, good! Now you’re getting the hang of it.
太好了 你有得忙了
It’s been an unsuccessful trip, my friend.
这不是一个太顺利的旅程
What I’m looking for is… personality.
但是我要找的…… 是一种品质
Youth. Beauty.
灵气,美貌
Certainly not talent.
不是天分
Anyone can have talent.
任何人都能有天分
And they must be well brought up.
而且必须有教养
I think many of the young women we’ve been seeing
我见过很多年轻女人
come from rather awkward backgrounds.
来自糟糕的家庭背景
Shine the light on the water!
有人落水了!
Don’t panic! The young fellow’s a dancer. Excellent coordination.
别慌!那个年轻人是个舞蹈演员 出色的协调性
That’s it. Pull her… That’s it.
就这样。拉她… 就这样
Come on. There we go. There you are.
很好,你上来了
You’re all right. Let me see.
你没事的。-让我看看
Oh, my God!
上帝啊
I’m so sorry. I’m so embarrassed.
我很抱歉!很尴尬!
I didn’t mean to cause any trouble.
我没想给你们惹麻烦!
No need to be embarrassed. You’ve found a knight.
不,不要觉得尴尬! 你把光线吸引走了!
Two knights, in shining armour.
两束灯光太过刺眼
My God! What a beautiful smile!
上帝啊,多么美的笑容
Exquisite.
扣人心弦
Have you ever considered going on the stage?
你有想过上舞台表演吗?
You moved.
你动了
She mustn’t move! I’m sorry, Mr Van Damm.
她不能动的! 抱歉,万丹姆先生
The law insists that you be absolutely still.
法官坚持让你们保持 绝对的静止姿势!
Why don’t we take a break? Yes, good idea.
或许我们该休息一下 是的,好主意
Rest your arms, girls. Get the circulation going.
放松一下你们的手臂,女孩们
There’s er… teacups and… Tea.
有呃… 茶杯和… -茶
…tea just downstairs.
茶就在楼下
Oh! Oh, it’s so sweet!
噢,甜心们
You’re perched in the orchestra pit like little birds.
你们就像小鸟一样可人
It feels safe down here.
在这里觉得安全点
I would sometimes see people in India standing still for hours on end, my dear.
我去印度的时候, 因为坐的太久…
They were called fakirs. It was all rather spiritual.
我觉得自己整个人都僵硬了
Oh, I see.
噢,是吗
You must think yourself onto a higher plane.
你们真该试试坐飞机
We’d all like to be on a higher plane now, Mrs Henderson.
我们现在就跟坐飞机差不多, 亨德森夫人
Preferably flying over the Channel.
只是航线不同
Oh, you’re the one that was… Drowning.
噢,你就是那个…… …溺水的女孩
Come on. I like that girl you ran over.
过来吧 我想四处转一转
Why don’t you and the dog have a look at the programme proofs in the office?
回你的地方去,为什么你不在 办公室想想下一步计划
You’re trying to get rid of us. It’s a delicate time.
我正在帮忙 是的!我们现在在一个关键时刻!
All the more reason for a motherly presence.
…我过来是想…
Maggie! Take Mrs Henderson to the office.
…麦琪,带亨德森夫人去办公室
Out! Well, of course.
出去! 好吧!
You’re in charge.
你是管事的
Right.
好了
Time for you to disrobe.
是你们解开长袍的时候了
Do we have to do it now, Mr Van Damm?
现在就要吗?万丹姆先生?
Well, when else? I was just asking.
不然什么时候? 我只是问一问
Should have left you in the water. Come on, girls, let’s do it.
真该把你留在水里 来吧,女孩们
I can’t!
我做不到!
Where’s she going? – She can’t face it.
她去哪里? 她无法面对
What’s wrong with everybody?
大家都怎么了?
There’s no work outside.
外面找不到工作
I just thought, well it’s a job. All of my friends are starving.
我想这好歹是个工作 我的朋友们都在挨饿
I was… lucky to have employment. But…
我……很幸运才找到这份工作
You can’t imagine what it feels like, just standing there.
我们没想到那感觉是怎样的, 我们就站在那里
Not even my boyfriend has seen me naked.
连我男朋友都没看过我的裸体
And we’ve been to bed and everything.
我从来没有做过这样的事
It’s like it’s… medical.
这太…羞耻了
Do you think… I would ever subject you
你们知道 我从来都不想让你们做
to anything improper or tawdry?
任何不恰当的东西
I am enabling you to earn an honest salary in this most difficult of times.
我在这个最艰难的时期 付给你们薪水雇用你们
After a hard week’s work, you can take home enough to maintain your home,
辛苦过后,你们可以带着钱 回家帮助你们的父母
help out your parents and even save a little bit for the future.
甚至为未来存下一笔钱
And all you have to do
你们只需要
is display certain blessings you received from the Lord.
展示一些你们从上帝 那里获得的东西
Why do you think God gave you all your bits and pieces?
你们有没想过上帝 为什么赐予你们这些东西?
So that you might be ashamed of them?
你们应该为此感到羞愧吗?
So that you might hide them away?
应该把它们藏起来吗?
Isn’t great art, after all, a celebration of nature?
归根结底这是种艺术 对自然之美的庆祝
That’s what this is. Art?
就是这样 艺术?
Absolutely.
完全正确!
You are the Venus de Milo, the Mona Lisa…
你们是这里的维纳斯 …是蒙娜丽莎……
The Mona Lisa wore a dress.
…蒙娜丽莎穿衣服
Some do, some don’t.
有的穿,有的不♥穿♥
Tomorrow, we’ll go to the museum and look at some paintings.
明天 你们的出场将像油画一样
Botticelli.
画家获得灵感
Now, he was inspired.
现在,他受到了启发
Inspired by God.
来自上帝的灵感
If I’m placing a weighty burden on your shoulders,
你们要摆脱肩膀上的脆弱
Why don’t we try it again?
让我们再试试
All right?
好吗?
I’ll see you on the stage.
舞台上见
Come on, girls, let’s give it a go.
来吧,女孩们,让我们试试
I don’t fancy working in my father’s chemist.
我不想在我父亲的农场 工作一辈子
Art. Art.
艺术…艺术…
Actually, there is a draught in here, Mr Van Damm.
实际上,这里有一股气流,范达姆先生
You expect that in a theatre. You expect draughts.
只要有剧院就有通风口
But what happens if we catch cold? Bertie!
如果我们感冒了怎么办? 巴汀!
Get someone to close the doors and check all the windows, will you?
让人把门关上, 然后看看窗户关好没有
Thank you. All right? – Yes, thank you.
现在行了吗?
Does everyone have to watch us?
我们不想有不相干的人看着我们
You’re going to have an entire audience watching you.
我们将有满座观众看着你们!
Yes, but they’ll be strangers.
是的,但是他们是陌生人!