你知道他上次怎么对我说吗
Do you know what he said to me last time?
我问他”你是家里最开心的一个吗”
I said to him, “Are you the jolliest at home?”
他说
And he said,
“是啊 除了家里的门把手 它跟每个人都握手”
“Yes, except for the door knob because that gives everyone a handshake.”
蒂莫西·斯波
桃乐丝·阿特金森
玛丽昂·贝莉
导演
迈克·李
透纳先生
喂
Oi!
我的姑娘 你在啊
Aye, aye, me damsel.
欢迎回家 比利先生
Welcome home, Mr Billy.
-我们都担心死你了 -为什么
-We’ve been worried to death about you. -For why?
因为那起爆♥炸♥事故
On account of that explosion.
-什么 -在奥斯坦德的[比利时]
-What was that? -At Ostend.
噢是 我在安特卫普的时候听说了
Oh, yes. I heard tell of that at Antwerp.
太可怕了
Dreadful.
这是脏衣服
Dirty linen.
威廉先生特别担心
Mr William’s been getting in a stew about it.
-他出门办事了 -是的
-Is he out and about his business? -That he is.
你最近怎样
You faring well?
谢谢
Thank you.
-回家路上还顺利吗 -糟透了
-How was your journey home? -It was execrable.
还需要点什么别的吗
You in need of anything else?
有茶吗
Tea?
-早上好 老板 -透纳先生 你好啊
-Good morning, Signor Grande. -Mr Turner! Buongiorno.
-乔什亚 -早上好
-Joshua. -Morning, sir.
-该死 这里有老鼠 -这城市最不缺的就是它们
-We have damn rats. -No shortage of them in this city.
讨厌至极 简直是瘟疫
Wretched things! It’s an epidemic.
-今天要买♥♥什么 -我看看
-What can I do for you today? -Well, let me see.
-他回来了 -这几天随时会到
-He is back? -We are expecting him any day now.
真好 他真是四处游历啊
Bravo! The prodigal son.
-那是要准备好 买♥♥点什么 -一盎司铬黄
-Pronti. What do we need? -An ounce of chrome yellow.
-拿铬黄来 乔什亚 -铬黄在这
-Chrome yellow, Joshua. -Chrome yellow, sir.
-一大包铅白 -铅白
-A large packet of flake white. -Flake white.
你们这一小包群青多少钱
What is your price for a bladder of ultramarine?
我们的价格是最公道的
My price is the best price.
那多少钱
And what might that price be?
蓝群青产自遥远的阿富汗
Blue ultramarine is coming from far, far away: Afghanistan.
-还需要什么吗 -一瓶罂粟籽油 一点印度红
-What else do you need? -Bottle of poppy oil, some Indian red.
-拿罂粟油来 乔什亚 -是
-Poppy oil, Joshua. -Yes, sir.
给你的奖品小猪
There’s your prize porker.
是不是很帅
Is he handsome?
脸上带着灿烂的笑容呢
He has a big smile on his face.
-你在做酱汁吗 -马上就做好了 就等这个
-You’re making the sauce? -It’s all but done, save the brains.
好 噢 累死我了
Good. Oh…dearie me!
-要喝茶吗 威廉先生 -好 谢谢 汉娜
-Will you take a dish of tea, Mr William? -Oh, thank ye, Hannah.
把买♥♥来的东西放下吧 我来
Shall you be putting those chattels away? I should.
-最好现在就去 -嗯
-Best do it now. -Yes.
然后我可以放松一下疲劳的双腿
Then I can rest me weary legs.
你回来啦 比利 儿子
You’re home, Billy boy!
嘿 老爸
Hey, Daddy!
我以为你被炸死了呢
I thought you was exploded.
还跪下祈祷你平安回来
I been down on my knees and praying you was safe.
爸 你这不是瞎忙活嘛
Well, you been chafing your old pedestals for naught, Daddy.
我距离出事地有几百里远啊
I was a hundred miles distant.
-噢 但是你听说了这事故吧 -听说了
-Oh, you heard tell of it, then? -I did indeed.
可怕啊 那么多人一下子死了 四十多个
Terrible, they pour souls as perished, two score or more.
还有两个勇敢的士兵也牺牲了
Took a few brave soldiers with it an’ all.
听说你这么担心 我都有点懊恼了
I was vexed to learn you been entertaining concerns, old Dadda.
这再正常不过了
‘Twas only natural.
噢 老爸
Oh, Daddy!
坐船穿过海峡还顺利吗
How was your crossing?
出发时还好 中途有点晃
Set fair on departure, lumpy in the middle.
-是从鹿特丹出发的吗 -不 是从迪耶普[法国]
-Did you sail from Rotterdam? -No, Dieppe.
从布莱顿出发的夜班车简直令人发指
Night coach from Brighton proved to be an heinous travail.
怎么呢
How so?
里面坐满了啰嗦又咯咯笑的女人
It was stuffed full of yacking and cackling females.
1805年10月著名英法两国海战
这些满脸痘的悍妇上了车
Pox-ridden harridan as broad in
就像胜利号♥登陆特拉法加一样
the beam as the old Victory at Trafalgar.
-这次出门收获如何 -非常不错 老爸
-Were your travels productive? -Exceeding refreshing, old Daddy.
嗯 阿姆斯特丹
Yeah, Amsterdam.
看了看伦勃朗的画
Had a gander at the Rembrandt.
“夜巡””安特卫普大教堂”
Militia Company, Antwerp Cathedral.
鲁本斯的三联画
Rubens, the triptych.
还有弗兰德斯 仍旧贫瘠得跟巫婆的胸脯一样
Flanders, still as flat as a witch’s tit.
谢谢你 汉娜 你这狡猾的姑娘
Thank you, Hannah. You sly girl.
有找到合适的住处吗
Did you find tolerable diggings?
迪耶普的那个臭死 全是跳蚤 后来搬去了港口
Stinking flea pit at Dieppe, then moved to the harbour.
朝西的 可以看到漂亮的日落
Westerly aspect, fine sunset.
爸 我需要一块8尺乘6尺的画布
Oh, Daddy, I’m in need of an eight-by-six.
我这里已经准备好一块7尺乘5尺半的了
I have a seven by five-and-a-half ready sized and primed.
-这个应该也行 -那正好
-That should suit. -Right you be.
言归正传 你最近好吗
More’s to the point, how you been faring?
身体不错 感谢上帝
In good health, thank the Lord.
-支气管还是不通畅吗 -没有了
-Bronchioles still rattling? -No.
他上个礼拜还不停喘气
He was wheezing last week.
十月还没这么快到 对吧
October ain’t quite come round the corner yet, has it?
我去了趟颜料店
I’ve been over to Grande’s.
群青涨价了 一包要一个基尼
Ultramarine’s gone up to a guinea a bladder.
天哪
Gawd’s truth!
这匪徒还在打劫我们呢
That brigand still robbing us, is he?
-你需要刮个胡子 -是啊 不过随它去吧
-You’re in need of a shave. -Yeah, well, be that as it may, Daddy.
我现在还是先去会周公吧
Presently I’m gonna throw myself into the arms of Morpheus.
不要
No!
我上礼拜去了躺西边 艾克赛特
I took a trip down west, Exeter, last week.
-老伯怎么样了 -算过得好吧 考虑到他的情况
-How fares the old uncle? -Bearing up, considering.
-考虑什么 -他的年纪 并且一个人住
-Considering what? -Well, his age, living alone.
是这样
Here’s the thing.
他想组织一次家庭聚会
He wants to arrange a family gathering.
再来点猪脸肉吗
Will you take some more cheek?
嗯 再来一片好了
Yeah, cast us another morsel.
你有个扣子没扣好 比利
Missing your button, Mr Billy.
多谢来访 请进到这门厅里
Be so kind as to enter the vestibule.
这么暗是我们有意为之
The darkness is to a purpose.
我马上回来
I shall return by and by.
夫人
Madam.
先生们
Gentlemen.
看这边
Behold.
往下走三步
Three steps down.
请慢慢欣赏
Pray, view at your leisure.
-你好 汉娜 -您好 萨拉姑姑
-Good day to you, Hannah. -Good day to you, Aunt Sarah.
-你最近好吗 -我很好 谢谢
-And how are you faring? -Very well, thank you.
-你进来吗 -当然 他在家吗
-Are you coming in? -I most certainly am. Is he at home?
他在 我去告诉他你来了
He is. I’ll tell him you’re here.
谢谢 我自己会告诉他
I can inform him myself, thank you kindly.
-你好啊 -您也是 丹比太太
-Good day to you, sir. -And a very good day to you, Mrs D.
你今天早上忙什么呢
And how do we find you on this fair morning?
很多事情在忙呢 夫人
Exceedingly preoccupied, madam.
永远都是这样 有很多事要忙
‘Twas ever thus. You’ve always been preoccupied.
永远都是在忙自己的事
You’re too preoccupied for your own good, sir.
没有什么是无中生有的 夫人
Nothing comes from nothing, madam.
我们从没在你这里得到过什么
And we have had nothing from you, sir.
艾弗琳娜 乔治安娜 过来跟你们父亲问好
Evelina, Georgiana, come and greet your father.
父亲 您好 能给您看看我的孩子吗
Good day, Father. May I present my child to you?
-你的外孙女 -罗莎莉·阿德莱德
-Your granddaughter. -Rosalie Adelaide.
你唯一的外孙女
Your only surviving grandchild.
乔治安娜 别磨蹭了
Georgiana, cease your dithering!
我提议 丹比夫人 您能不能
May I suggest, Mrs D, with the utmost respect,
去客厅呢
that you withdraw to the drawing room?
丹比夫人 你好啊 这边请吧
Good day to you, Mrs Danby. Would you care to step this way?
您好 透纳先生