Are you kidding me? I love it.
不是吧 我爱死了
In fact, I’m a donor.
事实上 我还捐过肾呢
I filled out the card and…
填好表格然后…
No, I’ve never actually had that, but I would love to try it.
不 其实没捐 有机会倒可以试试
Let’s have a seat.
我们坐吧
All right, guys. Back to work.
好了 大家回去工作吧
I wonder if we could sit more in the center of the room.
我们可否坐屋子中间的位子
I want to get a real sense of the space.
我想好好感受一下这里的气息
You have a very unusual name, Mr. Popper.
你的姓氏非常特别 波普先生
And I never forget one.
我清楚地记得每一个名字
This restaurant has been in my family for three generations.
这间餐馆到我已经是第三代了
My grandmother served coq au vin for Winston Churchill.
我祖母曾为温斯顿·丘吉尔做酒闷仔鸡
And my father poured champagne for Fred Astaire.
我父亲曾为弗雷德·阿斯泰尔倒过香槟
My mother made a BLT for
我母亲曾给卡里姆·阿布杜尔 贾巴尔
Kareem Abdul Jabbar once.
做过一次三明治
She said he was surprisingly down to earth,
她说他出人意料的谦逊
which is ironic, considering how tall he is.
对比他的个头儿 还真讽刺
Fascinating. But I can’t sell this place to just anyone.
真不错 但这个地方我不能卖
I mean, I consider the staff to be family, too.
我的意思是 员工就是我的家人
Nothing is more important than family to me. Nothing.
家人对我来说无可取代 无可取代
Are you married?
你结婚了吗
Not presently.
目前没有
Any children?
有孩子吗
Two. And we have the most magical
有两个 每两周的周末
alternate weekends together.
我们都一起欢度
Tell me about your father.
跟我讲讲你的父亲
My father?
我父亲吗
What can I say?
能说什么呢
A father is a father. And he was no different.
父亲就是父亲 他没什么不同
You were close?
你们亲近吗
Yes. Well, we’re related.
是的 我们是亲属
But, Mrs. Van Gundy, I want to talk about you
不过 范甘迪夫人 我想谈谈您
and your life beyond all of this.
和您远离这些后的生活
Picture yourself in a boat on a river.
想象自己在一艘随波逐流的船上
With tangerine trees
岸边有橘子树
and kind of a marmalade sky.
天空也是橘色的
I don’t do drugs, Mr. Popper.
我不嗑药 波普先生
Let me tell you something.
我来告诉你点事儿
I could sell this place
我可以把这个地方卖给任何一个
to any number of sharp tongued snake oil salesmen like yourself.
像你一样铁齿铜牙油腔滑调的推销员
But I’m not selling to anyone until I know what they’re worth.
但我只会把它卖给值得拥有这的人
You mean my net worth?
你指的是我的净值吗
If that’s how you interpret it, that tells me something.
要是你这么理解 也说明了一些问题
Well, I’m afraid your time is up, Mr. Popper.
恐怕时间到了 波普先生
The Tavern is not presently for sale.
绿野目前不供出售
I should have gone with Strawberry Fields.
该说草莓田的
Oh, good.
很好
You sent me a package.
你寄给我一个包裹
Uh. My name is Popper.
我叫波普
Popper? You Captain Popper baby?
波普 你是波普船长家的乖乖吗
Captain?”
船长 ”
Yes, I’m Captain Popper baby.
是的 我是波普船长的乖乖
My father, who is apparently your captain,
我父亲…也就是你们的船长
had you send me a penguin.
让你寄了只企鹅给我
You like penguin? Is good, yes?
你喜欢企鹅吗 还不错吧
No, is bad.
不 糟透了
Your captain was crazy.
你们船长疯了
So crazy. I love.
疯狂至极 我就喜欢他这一点
Yeah. Well, I’m glad you had someone.
很高兴你和他谈得来
But listen, I have to send this penguin back.
但是听着 我得把企鹅寄回去
What? Hello?
什么 喂
Hello? I have to send the penguin back.
喂 我得把企鹅寄回去
Send penguin?
寄企鹅吗
Yes! Send penguin. Send penguin.
是的 寄企鹅
I told you five times, I have to send the penguin.
我说了五遍了 我要寄企鹅
Five times. Send penguin. Okay.
寄企鹅 五次 了解了
Great. And the crate is damaged.
好的 那个箱子坏了
Can you send me another crate so I can ship this thing?
你能给我个箱子装企鹅吗
Hello?
喂
What am I going to do with you, bird?
小鸟 我该拿你怎么办呢
You!
你
You are so done.
你玩完了
No. No.
别啊
Hello. Sorry, cannot take your phone call.
喂 抱歉 没法接你的电话
We will be closing one month for ice festival!
由于冰雪节的缘故 我们歇业一个月
Hey. Animal Control. Got a call about a bird.
动物管理部门 有人报告说这有只鸟
I am very happy to see you.
见到你太好了
Oh. That’s the little fella.
就是这家伙
What the… Go ahead. He’s friendly.
这太… 没关系 他很和善的
I didn’t know it was a penguin, okay?
我不知道是只企鹅
I’m going to have to check the manual.
我得查查工作手册
It’s not in the book.
手册上没写
Can’t we just call it a pigeon?
你就当他是只鸽子吧
Big, fat pigeon?
又大又肥的鸽子
I can’t touch it if it’s not in the manual.
手册上没有的我不能处理
It’s a union violation.
要违反规定的
Try Fish and Game.
你找渔猎管理部吧
No. You need Marine and Waterfowl.
不行 你得找水禽管理部
Sorry, bud. Try NYC Sanitation.
抱歉 你找纽约环卫所吧
Yeah. I only pick up the dead ones.
没错 我只负责死的
This way.
这边请
Okay, get. Go.
好了 走吧
Skedaddle.
快点
Waddle on down the road.
一摇一摆向前进
South Pole is that way.
南极在召唤
Exit the building, take a right
出了楼右转
and keep going.
笔直走就到了
Okay. Need a little help. I get it.
好吧 需要点帮助是吧
Watch this.
看我的
There you go!
你走好
Yes! Bye bye, birdie.
小鸟再见
Hey, Mr. P.
波普先生
Yeah.
什么事
I got your penguin for you.
企鹅还给你
What? What are you talking about?
你在说什么啊
That’s not my penguin.
这企鹅不是我的
Oh, really?
是吗
Why would I have a penguin?
我怎么会养企鹅呢
That could be anybody.
这人是谁啊
Oh, yeah.
好吧
Just give me the stupid thing.
把那玩意儿给我
So, the board must have given you a free pass
这么说业主委员会关于不准养宠物的规定
on the whole “no pets” thing.
对你网开一面了
That is mighty nice of them.
他们可真体贴
How much till you don’t see a penguin?
给多少钱你能视而不见呢
I can still see him.
还是能看到哦
It’s getting blurry.
视线开始模糊
If I decided to squint, it could look like a puppy.
眯起眼看基本是个狗样了
How’s that?
现在如何啊
Is that you, Mr. P?
是你吗 波先生
The light’s going dim.
灯光好暗
Yeah, Pippi. Mr. Popper!
是的 皮皮 波普先生
Yeah. I’m not coming into work again today.
我今天也不能来上班了
Oh. Pourquoi?
怎么了
I have a pest problem.
家里闹四害呢
What particular pest is the problem?
具体是哪一害啊
It’s a penguin. A penguin?
闹企鹅呢 企鹅
Yeah. Starts with “P”. You ought to be able to handle it.
是的 企打头的那个 你能帮我搞定的吧
Hey there, Popper.
你好波普
Kent.
你好肯特