当华盛顿总统小的时候
And when President Washington was a little boy…
他砍倒的树是什么树
what kind of tree did he cut down?
我 我 我
Ooh! Ooh, me! Me! Me!
-佩妮 -樱桃树
– Penny? – A cherry tree.
杜撰
Apocryphal.
那是什么树
What kind of tree is that?
那不是树 是个单词 杜撰
It’s not a tree. It’s a word. “Apocryphal.”
意思是这故事不是真的
It means that story is not true.
-真的吗 -真的
– Really? – Yeah.
乔治·华盛顿从来没有砍过樱桃树
George Washington never cut down a cherry tree…
而且他从未说过他不会撒谎的话
and he never said he couldn’t lie.
大人们编造了这些故事
People made those stories up
是为了教育小孩不要说谎
to teach kids a lesson about lying…
但这些故事不是真的
but they’re not true.
但他的确在1776年的圣诞夜
He did cross the Delaware River,
横渡了德拉瓦河
Christmas night, 1776, though.
今年夏天我爸带我去过那儿
My dad took me there this summer.
我们也穿过了这条河
We crossed it, too.
我掉进河里了
I fell in.
看来某位同学对他们的历史
Looks like someone really knows
相当了解 对吧 佩妮
their history, huh, Penny?
午餐简史
恶搞霍金的时间简史
很高兴认识你们
It’s really great meeting you guys.
也许哪天你们可以来我家玩
Maybe you can come over to my house sometime.
我可以带上我的新模型 是一个氢原子模型
I could bring my new model. It’s a hydrogen atom.
你只有一个 对吧
You’ve only got one, huh?
看来我们得把它弄分♥裂♥了才能玩
Guess we’ll have to split it.
好主意
Good one!
你们瞧着点
Check it, guys.
你在吃些什么 舍曼
What do you got there, Sherman?
二者均为狗粮品牌
凯博尔思还是百吃
Kibbles or Bits?
事实上 我吃小胡萝卜
Actually, I’ve got baby carrots,
有机苹果汁 和金枪鱼三明治
organic apple juice, and a tuna sandwich.
富含欧米伽-3脂肪酸
It’s super-high in omega-3s.
所以你还是吃人的食物的啊
So, you eat human food, huh?
当然 为什么不吃呢
Yeah. Why wouldn’t I?
因为你是一条狗
Because you’re a dog.
不 我不是
No, I’m not.
你当然是 你♥爸♥爸是一条狗 所以你也是
Sure you are. Your dad is a dog, so you’re a dog, too.
我想你搞错了 他们是收养关系
I think you’re confused. It’s an adoptive relationship.
-闭嘴 卡尔 -好吧
– Zip it, Carl. – Okay.
来 我证明给你看 捡回来
Here, I’ll show you. Fetch!
去啊 小狗 去捡你的午餐
Go on, doggy. Go get your lunch.
快去
Go on.
去捡起来
Go get it.
这是羞辱
The humiliation.
舍曼 去捡你的午餐
Sherman, go get your food.
要像只好狗狗一样好好表现
Make like a good little doggy.
-这是什么 -是我的
– What’s this? – It’s mine!
还给我
Give it back!
这是什么 是哨子吗
What is it? A whistle?
破东西都吹不响
Stupid thing doesn’t even work.
这是个狗哨 佩妮
It’s a dog whistle, Penny.
它发出的声音频率只有狗才能听得见
It operates at a frequency that only dogs can hear.
-退后 卡尔 -好吧
– Back up, Carl. – Okay.
佩妮 这只哨子是我的私人财产
Penny, that whistle is my private property.
-还给我 -跳啊 小狗 快跳
– Give it back! – Jump, doggy, jump.
我不是狗
I am not a dog.
来吧 舍曼
Come on, Sherman!
承认吧 你就是狗 快说
Just admit it. You’re a dog. Say it.
放开我
Let me go!
除非你像条狗一样求饶
Not until you beg like a dog.
快点 舍曼 求我
Come on, Sherman. Beg!
打啊 打啊 打啊
Fight, fight, fight!
皮博迪先生 感谢您能一收到临时通知
Mr. Peabody, thank you for coming in on such short notice…
珀迪校长
就赶来和我们商讨舍曼的事
to discuss the problem with Sherman.
这没什么 珀迪校长
Oh, it’s not a problem at all, Principal Purdy.
我早有心理准备
I fully expected this.
-真的吗 -是的
– You did? – Yes.
而且 所有和舍曼有关的事我都做了准备
And, as with all things Sherman-related, I prepared for it.
这份课程表内包含了
Here’s a curriculum that takes Sherman’s
所有舍曼已经学过的东西
advanced preparation into account…
但我不会要求你让他跳级
but won’t require you to have him skip one or more grades.
皮博迪先生
Mr. Peabody…
这些是初级代数练习题 已读书单
Here are some pre-algebra worksheets, an advanced reading list…
还有一个我建立的网站的链接
and a link to a website I created
这样他能开始学习中国的普通话
so he can start studying Mandarin Chinese.
毕竟 这可是未来的世界语言
It is, after all, the language of the future.
皮博迪先生
Mr. Peabody!
我没说他不能学习法语 珀迪校长
I’m not saying he shouldn’t study French, too, Principal Purdy.
我是说让他两种都学
I’m saying have him do both.
皮博迪先生
Mr. Peabody!
怎么 还不够吗 那斯瓦希里语呢
What? Not enough? Swahili?
舍曼今天打架了
Sherman got into a fight today.
我的天
Oh, dear.
为了保险起见
Pictures were taken…
我们拍了照片
for insurance purposes.
他咬了她
He bit her.
我得说 情况对您不妙啊 皮博迪先生
I must say, it doesn’t look good for you, Mr. Peabody.
毕竟 您是一条狗
After all, you are a dog.
请问 您是哪位
Who, may I ask, are you?
我是儿童安全保护局的格朗妮女士
I am Ms. Grunion from the Bureau of Child Safety and Protection.
按照法律要求 当意外事件发生时
We’re required by law to contact them whenever there’s an…
我们必须通知他们
incident.
舍曼以前从未做过类似的事
Sherman has never done anything like this before.
我敢肯定他一定另有隐情
I’m sure he must have had a reason.
那个女孩当时是有点欺负人
Well, the girl was being a bit of a bully…
闭嘴 珀迪
Quiet, Purdy!
小孩子之间相互取笑很正常
It’s normal for children to tease.
但小孩子咬人就不正常了
It’s not normal for them to bite.
显然 这得归咎于他被抚养的方式
Clearly, it’s because of how he’s being raised.
在我看来 一条狗
In my opinion, a dog can never be
绝不可能成为一个小男孩的称职家长
a suitable parent to a little boy.
我必须指出这点 格朗妮女士
I must point out, Ms. Grunion…
是法庭授予了我
that I won the right to adopt Sherman
收养舍曼的权利
in a court of law.
法庭也可以剥夺这项权利
And the court can take it away from you.
我明晚会去你家
I’ll be coming to your home
做一次调查
tomorrow evening to conduct an investigation.
如果我发现你有一丁点的不称职家长的行为
If I discover that you are, in any way, an unfit parent…
我会确保你失去对舍曼的监护权
I will see to it Sherman is removed from your custody.
而且是永久性的
Permanently.
我希望我说得够清楚了
I hope I’ve made myself clear.
非常清楚
Crystal.
对不起 我咬了她 皮博迪先生
I’m sorry I bit her, Mr. Peabody.
我不会再犯了
I won’t do it again.
这样才对 你不能再犯了
You’re darn tooting you won’t do it again.
这种肆意的暴♥力♥行为是绝对不被允许的
This kind of wanton violence is totally unacceptable.
主张非暴♥力♥的哲学思想
既然你如此崇拜甘地先生
And rather uncharacteristic,
怎么会做出这么出格的事呢
given how you feel about Mr. Gandhi.
到底是什么激怒了你
What on earth provoked it?
她说我是一条狗
She called me a dog.
那好吧
Well, all right then.
谢谢你告诉了我
Thank you for telling me.
快睡觉吧
Try and get some sleep.
我爱你 皮博迪先生
I love you, Mr. Peabody.
我也对你有很深的感情 舍曼
I have a deep regard for you as well, Sherman.
皮博迪先生
Mr. Peabody…
您是得过诺贝尔奖的科学家