What?
我想把这房♥子给你
I want to give you this house.
我会给你
And I will make sure that you’ll always
足够的资金打理它的
have enough money to maintain it.
可以帮我照看好它吗
Will you do that for me?
不行 马修
No, Matthew.
这房♥子属于你和你家人的
This house belongs to your family.
我以为我们已经是一家人了
I thought you’re my family now.
你怎么了 宝琳
What’s wrong, Pauline?
我不懂你
I don’t understand you.
我以为我懂 实际我不懂
I thought I did, but I… I don’t.
我想要的你都有 但你看起来一点也不在乎
You have everything that I want, and you don’t seem to care.
我当然在乎
I do care.
为什么你对他俩那么冷淡
Then why do you push them away like you do?
他们是你的子女啊
They’re your children.
他们因为担心你才飞来看你的
They came here because they’re worried about you.
你不认为他们是受道德约束才爱我吗
You think they love me because of the rules?
因为你是他们父亲他们才爱你的
I think they love you because you’re their father.
你脑海里一定在幻想着
You have this fantasy in your head
我拥有一个
about the perfect family
你从来不曾有的完美家庭
that you never got to have.
我坦白告诉你 我家庭不完美
Well, I’m telling you, it doesn’t exist.
你还活着 马修
You’re still here, Matthew.
想要不同结果 你就要尝试改变他们
If you want things to be different, you can still change them.
现在还不晚
It’s not too late for that.
相信我 我对他们来说
Believe me, all I am to them
只是一个抢走他们母亲的男人
is the man who took their mother away from them.
为什么这样说
What do you mean?
孩子们想让她回美国
The kids wanted her to go home.
她只想待在巴黎 所以我陪着她
She wanted to stay in Paris, so I let her.
我以为这样对她有好处
I thought it might help her get well.
但癌症越来越严重 化疗也折磨着她
But the cancer got worse and the treatment tortured her.
我…
I just…
我不想再让她受折磨
didn’t want to see her suffer anymore.
我…不想再让她痛苦
I… I didn’t want her to be in pain anymore.
也许是我也不想再痛苦了吧
Maybe I didn’t want to be in pain anymore.
她不让我告诉孩子们
She didn’t want me to tell the kids.
她其实想回家
She… she wanted to go home,
放弃与病魔的斗争 安详地离去
give up the fight and die in peace.
但只要她见到孩子们 她就做不到了
But if she saw the kids, she wouldn’t be able to do that.
尤其是迈尔斯
Especially Miles, you know.
他永远不会允许她放弃
He would never have let her.
她让我答应她
She made me promise.
我 我照做了
And I… I did.
你没有告诉他们吗
You never told them?
都是我的错 不是她的错
Well, it was my mistake. Not hers.
-我爸在哪儿 -他很好
– Where’s my father? – He’s fine.
我没问他好不好 我问他在哪儿
I didn’t ask you how he is, I asked where he is.
宝琳 抱歉 别走
Wait, Pauline. I’m sorry.
我很担心他 进屋坐坐吧
I was worried. Um… would you like to come in?
你♥爸♥爸不知道我来找你
Matthew doesn’t know I’m here.
他在哪儿
Where is he?
我不会告诉你的
I’m pretty sure I’m not supposed to tell you that.
我有权利知道他在哪儿
You don’t think I have a right to know?
不 你没有
No.
我爸企图自杀
My father wants to die.
作为儿子 我难道不阻止他吗
And who am I to stop him, right?
我妈死的时候他不想让我过来
He didn’t want me here when Mom was dying,
非常不想让我来
he certainly doesn’t want me here now.
迈尔斯 我要告诉你一件事
Miles, I want to tell you something.
你有权利知道
I think it’s okay if I do.
别离开 我很快就回来
马特 我死了
Matt… I’m dying.
你没死
You’re not dying.
不应该这样的
It wasn’t supposed to be like this.
事情不应该是这样的
It wasn’t supposed to be like this.
那时如果你来了 你会做些什么
What would you have done if you’d been there?
可能真会做一些她担心的事
Probably exactly what she was afraid I’d do.
这是她 去年夏天照的
That’s her. Her last good summer.
她真漂亮
She’s very beautiful.
这个是谁
Who is that?
我儿子凯尔
That’s my son, Kyle.
怎么 怎么了
What? What?
我喜欢你这种把照片放到钱包的人
I like it that you carry a picture in your wallet
其他人只会保存到手♥机♥里
and not in your phone, like everyone else.
很美好 很传统
It’s nice. It’s old-fashioned.
不是吧
Oh, boy.
我喜欢
I like it.
好吧 你真容易被打动
Yeah, well, you’re easy to impress.
我是个简单的人
I’m a pushover.
你儿子笑得好灿烂
Your son is gorgeous.
他很可爱 我爱他
Yep, he’s the real thing.
我要去巴黎
I need to go to Paris.
你要去巴黎啊
是的 法国只有一个巴黎
Yeah, there’s only one Paris in France, right?
好啊
Ouais.
德克萨斯州有巴黎 伊利诺斯州也有
We have a Paris in Texas. We have one in Illinois.
田纳西 纽约 爱荷华 俄亥俄 缅因
We have one in Tennessee, New York, Iowa, Ohio, Maine,
威斯康辛 肯塔基也有
Wisconsin, Kentucky.
密歇根 阿肯色 爱达华也有
We have one in Michigan, Arkansas and Idaho.
但我只知道一个巴黎
And those are only the ones I know.
我知道加拿大也有一个
I’m pretty sure there’s one in Canada too.
几点了
What time is it?
我要走了
I gotta go.
我和你一起去
Let me go with you.
不行
No.
-宝琳 -在
– Pauline. – Yes.
爸
Dad.
你敢伤害她 我就杀了你
If you hurt her, I will kill you.
别以为你是我儿子我就不会
I don’t care that you’re my son.
我会杀了你的
I will kill you.
摩根先生 您在这呢
Monsieur Morgan, there you are.
杜恩女士 抱歉 没想是你
Oh, Madame Dune. I’m sorry. I wasn’t expecting you.
我带了点生活用品来 一会给您弄午餐
I brought you your groceries. I will cook you a nice lunch, yes?
非常感谢 但今天我还是自己弄吧
Thank you very much, but I will prepare my own lunch today,
还是要谢谢您
but thank you.
但是先生
But, monsieur…
谢谢您所做的一切
Thank you… for everything.
我正在吃午饭
I’m having lunch.
爸
Listen, Dad…
你小子可是个结了婚的人
You’re a married man, for Christ’s sakes!
你竟敢做对不起苏珊和凯尔的事
How dare you do this to Susan and Kyle?
你竟敢打宝琳的注意
How dare you do this to Pauline?
你…有没告诉她你有家室
Did you…? Does she know you have a wife and kid?
首先我没对不起任何人 其次她知道
No, I didn’t. Yeah, she does.
我的婚姻结束了
And my marriage is over.
什么
What?
苏珊申请离婚了
Susan filed for divorce.
为什么 怎么了 你干了什么
Why? What happened? What did you do?
我什么也没干
I didn’t do anything.
你能不能想想可能不是我的错吗
Can you imagine it could possibly not be my fault?
是她离开我的 爸
She left me, Dad.
什么时候
When?
五个星期前
Five weeks ago.
她出轨了 就这么一回事
She met someone else. And that’s it.
我没告诉你
And I didn’t tell you ’cause
因为妈妈一开始就不喜欢她
Mom never liked Susan in the first place,
你从未想过我能长久
and you never thought I was cut out for the long haul,
而我也不喜欢
and I don’t particularly enjoy
你沉溺于自以为是中
watching you wallow in self-righteousness.
经营婚姻非常难
Marriage is hard work.
你以为我做的不够好吗