到最后已经无法分辨哪个是人哪个是猪了
but already, it was impossible to say, which was which.
那是加雷斯·琼斯
That’s Gareth Jones.
那个疯掉的人
The man whose mad.
快跑 快跑
Run! Run!
加雷斯
Gareth!
你还好吗
Are you alright?
是不是那些教会女士不跟你说话
Those church ladies refusing to talk to you are they?
别急
No rush.
你准备好提交你的文章了吗
You planning on submitting your article soon?
他来了
He’s here!
布莱米
Blimey!
谁来了
Who’s here?
赫斯特
Hearst.
威廉·兰道夫·赫斯特
William Randolph Hearst.
他在圣多纳兹附近度夏
He summers near … St. Donats.
你离开很久了
You’ve been away a long time.
没错
Of course.
当然了 赫斯特买♥♥下了圣多纳兹
Of course! Hearst bought St. Donats.
你要去哪里
Where do you think you’re going?
-我得跟他谈一谈 -想都别想
– I’ve got to talk to him. – Not a word!
加雷斯
Gareth!
加雷斯 等等
Gareth wait!
加雷斯
Gareth!
加雷斯 等等
Gareth, wait!
每个夏天我们都试图采访赫斯特
Every summer we try to get an interview with Hearst…
但是我们每一次都被拒绝 这一次不会了
and every summer we get denied. Not this summer.
我是助理编辑了 我得小心行事
I’m the assistant editor now! I have to play my cards carefully,
你懂我吗
do you understand?
好吧
Fine.
-让我来采访他 -你疯了吗
– I’ll interview him. – Are you mad?
我可不能让你去圣多纳兹
I can’t have you going to St. Donats.
你已经赔掉了你的事业 别把我的搭上
You’ve gambled with your career. You’re not gambling with mine.
我有什么能帮你的吗
Can I help you?
我给《西部邮报》工作
I work for the Western Mail.
你可以看到我们很忙
Well, as you can see, we’re rather busy.
我刚刚从莫斯科回来
I just returned from Moscow…
我有一个头条新闻
I have a story that will run on the front of
提供给赫斯特先生的报社
Mr. Hearst’s newspapers.
那我建议你跟他的出版社联♥系♥
I suggest you talk to his newspapers then.
你不是说你给《西部邮报》工作吗
Didn’t you say, you write for the Western Mail?
为什么要把你的报道给你们的竞争对手
Why would you give your story to Mr. Hearst,
赫斯特先生
a competitor?
赫斯特先生的律师更多
Mr. Hearst’s papers have more lawyers.
你在侵犯私人领地
I’m afraid you’re trespassing.
我要你离开
I must ask you to leave.
我只需要一分钟
If you’ll just give me one minute, I…
谢谢 谢谢
Thank you! Thank you!
我能自己推车
I have my bike.
-我 我从厨房♥进来的 -爱勒斯
– I, I let myself in through the… kitchen.. – Eres!
赫斯特先生 请您相信我
Mr. Hearst, believe me,
我有您感兴趣的消息
I have something you want to hear.
彼得
Peter!
普利策奖委员会做了一个十分错误的决定
I have a story of Pulitzer making a terrible mistake
赫斯特先生
Mr. Hearst.
放了他
Let him be!
你有三十秒
You have thirty seconds.
我刚从莫斯科回来
I just returned from Moscow.
我搭乘火车南下时看到了许多空旷的村庄
I took a train south and saw empty village after empty village.
我知道那个饥荒的消息
I have the famine story.
赫斯特先生 那饥荒是我亲眼所见的
I saw it with my own eyes, Mr. Hearst.
这个世界刚失去了它最优秀的记者之一
The world has just lost one of its best reporters,
我知道您试图招募过他
a man who I know you tried to hire.
我招了克莱布好几年
Chased Klebb for years…
-你觉得他们杀了他 -您也觉得吗
– Do you think, they killed him? – You thought so too?
为什么他们想要保罗死
Why did they want Paul dead?
-跟他们诋毁我的原因一样 -你确定
– The same reason they’re discrediting me. – You’re certain
是他对饥荒的调查给他引来了杀身之祸吗
it was the famine story got him killed?
一个跟他共事的记者可以证实
A journalist who worked with him confirmed it.
如果我委托你去写这件事
Well, if I commission an article from you…
那么你的文章会挑战杜兰蒂的普利策奖
it will be your word against Duranty’s Pulitzer.
是的
Yes.
苏联♥大♥饥荒
Famine in The Soviet Union!
乌克兰死亡事件
苏联政♥府♥在隐瞒
急剧扩散的人为性饥荒
加雷斯·琼斯报道
有你的包裹
谢谢
亲爱的加雷斯 我在柏林的家中
Dear Gareth, I am home, in Berlin…
事情败坏得多么迅速
How quickly things fall apart.
我又开始给《柏林日报》写文章了
I’m writing for Berliner Tageblatt again, at the moment.
直到政♥府♥把我们查封
Until they shut us down.
我读了你的文章
I read your article.
你是对的
You were right:
真♥相♥只有一个
There is only one truth.
祝贺你 加雷斯
Congratulations, Gareth.
保罗会为你骄傲的
Paul would be so proud.
无论你下一次去哪里
Wherever you’re off to next,
记得要做好准备
make sure to pack a good bag.
一连几天
For days at a time,
动物们只有米糠和野菜可吃
the animals had nothing to eat but chaff and mangold.
饥饿在它们当中肆虐
Starvation seems to stare them in the face.
但把这事实向外界隐瞒还是很有必要的
It was likely necessary to conceal this fact from the outside world.
风车的倒塌给人类壮了胆
Emboldened by the collapse of the windmill,
他们开始编织关于动物农场的新谎言
the human beings were inventing fresh lies, about animal farm.
1935年八月 加雷斯·琼斯在内蒙古调查时被强盗绑♥架♥
他不知道的是
他的随身向导与苏联的秘密警♥察♥暗中联♥系♥
他在他30岁生日的前一天被枪杀
沃特·杜兰蒂于1957年在佛罗里达州去世 享年73岁
他的普利策奖没有被撤销
以此片纪念无数在斯大林统治下死于乌克兰大饥荒的人