华盛顿联合抵♥制♥终将结束
Washington’s boycott will finally be over.
大革命也将重回正轨
And the Revolution will be well on its way again.
我们还有别的选择吗
What other choice do we have?
我只是觉得 杜兰蒂心里完全没有计划
I just didn’t think that Duranty had an agenda.
我也不觉得他这是在给美国总统出谋划策
Or that he was advising the President of the United States.
你知道保罗·克莱布吗
Did you know, Paul Klebb?
每个人都知道保罗
Everyone knew Paul.
那你知道他一直在做些什么吗
Do you happen to know what he was working on?
我到家了 晚安
Here’s my door, goodnight.
艾达
Ada!
这是我在这的头一晚
It’s my first night.
愿意和我一起去喝碗罗宋汤吗
Care to join me in a bowl of borscht?
不
No.
祝你在莫斯科好运
Good luck in Moscow.
早上好
Good morning.
我可以进来吗
May I come in?
我在赶交稿截止日期
I’m on deadline.
你在写关于什么的稿子
What are you working on?
我在写一篇关于
I’m researching a story on
旧式农业系统的农业产出集体化的文章
agricultural output collectivisation of former agrarian systems.
听上去就很不错
That sounds fascinating!
那你从什么渠道获取消息呢
What are your sources?
我没多少时间
I don’t have much time, so
有什么我能帮你的吗
Is there something I can help you with?
有消息说 你是劳合·乔治的外交顾问
My sources tell me you’re foreign affairs advisor to Lloyd George.
-然后你现在不是了 -对 不是了
– Is that not the case anymore? – I am.
原来你一直在摸我的底
You’ve been checking up on me!
听着 我真的要去工作了
Look. I really need to get back to my work.
我有一个稿子马上截止交稿了
I’ve got a thing about deadlines!
你想听什么
What do you want?
我想听那个没人敢讲的故事
The story no-one is talking about.
我也能看出来 那些数字加起来不一致
I can see for myself, the numbers, they don’t add up..
这里面肯定有隐情
There is a story here.
我猜保罗已经找到答案了
I think, Paul was on to it.
什么都别说 听我讲
Don’t say anything, just listen.
保罗一直在调查一个他不敢多提的事
Paul was working on a story that, he was afraid to talk about.
保罗被谋杀那天 我和他通过电♥话♥
I spoke to Paul the day he was murdered.
听他的声音 他好像正想和我谈一谈
He sounded like he needed to talk.
你知道些什么隐情吗
Do you have any idea what?
他太固执了
He was so stubborn.
就像使徒保罗
Paul, the Apostle.
使徒保罗:历史上早期基♥督♥教最有影响力的领袖之一
我看到他了
I saw him.
就在伯特把他赶走之前
Before Bert sent him packing.
他说他被抢劫了
He said it was a robbery.
然而你觉得这不是抢劫
And you don’t think it was a robbery.
保罗究竟在调查什么
What was Paul working on?
快啊 告诉我 他究竟在调查什么
Come on tell me? What was Paul working on?
乌克兰
The Ukraine.
斯大林的黄金
Stalin’s Gold…
现在记者进不了乌克兰
And journalists aren’t allowed in Ukraine.
他被枪杀那天 就正是要去乌克兰
That’s where he was headed the day he was shot.
你不是保罗
You’re not Paul.
回家吧 加雷斯
Go home, Gareth.
你好
我要订一个房♥间 住到这周末
本店没有空房♥了
往大厅直走然后左拐
琼斯先生 我之前的外交顾问
-能借用一下你的打字机吗 -为什么
– Can I use your typewriter? – Why?
因为我的掉家里了
I left mine at home.
你在作诗吗
You write poetry?
你是不是经常去你不受待见的地方
Do you always go where you’re not wanted?
给我读一首听听吧
Read me one of your poems!
我妈妈以前给我读过诗
My mother used to read me poetry.
大多数都是威尔士的诗文
Welsh poems mostly.
“我知晓 以无尽辉耀为名的光芒
“I know the light whose name is splendour,
以及有多少缕至高无上的光芒
and the number of the ruling lights,
并将烈焰般的炙热 高高地挥撒深渊”
that scatter rays of fire high above the deep.”
这首诗叫《树木之战》
It’s ah.. “Battle of the Trees”.
我给你五分钟
You’ve got five minutes.
我只要一分钟
I only need one.
出色的外交顾问
琼斯先生 我出色的外交顾问
自1930年一月开始为我工作
我从见到他起就对他印象深刻
洞察力强 一丝不苟地完成我交代的报告
我要去乌克兰
-快吃吧 快吃吧 -谢谢
– Eat! Eat! – Thank you.
-来点鱼子酱吗 -不了 谢谢
– Caviar? – No, thank you.
-来点葡萄酒吗 -我不喝酒
– Wine? – I don’t drink.
谢谢您 能这么快就与我约定见面
Thank you for seeing me at such short notice.
何来这一说 接待劳合·乔治的外交顾问
Nonsense! Lloyd George’s foreign advisor
乃是整个莫斯科的荣幸
is Moscow’s honour to receive you!
但是
But…
如果你不介意我这么说的话 我很奇怪
it is very odd, if you don’t mind me saying so,
你为何申请的是记者签证
that you have requested a press visa,
而不是外交签证
not a diplomatic one.
为什么劳合·乔治的外交顾问
Why would Lloyd George’s foreign advisor
要以记者的身份来访
come to Moscow as a journalist?
这是什么
What, what’s this?
这是我上司劳合·乔治写的介绍信
A letter of introduction from my employer, Lloyd George.
我们两国的关系终于正常化了
Relations between our two countries has finally normalized.
我国有最好的工程师
We have our best engineers here,
都城维克斯能为你们的工厂电力提供支持
Metro Vickers helping you power your factories.
我希望以朋友的身份 和您畅所欲言
I hope I can speak freely, friend to friend.
当然
Sure.
正是劳合·乔治安排了我对希♥特♥勒♥的采访
It was Lloyd George who arranged that interview with Hitler,
也证实了我们最惧怕的事情
and it confirmed our worst fears.
我 我以记者身份前来
I ah.. I came as a journalist
是为了避开德国人的耳目
so as not to attract attention from the Germans.
英国高层有点担心
There is… concern in London that…
苏联会无法抵御
the Soviet Union would not be able to defend itself
希♥特♥勒♥的入侵
should Hitler attack.
入侵吗
Attack?
我们都看过文件 你们在德国安插了间谍
You read the same papers we do. You have your agents in Germany.
他们都打探到了那件事 不是吗
They’re all hearing the same thing, are they not?
要牵制希♥特♥勒♥ 我们两国必须同时开战
If we are to contain Hitler, we must open two fronts.
你们能守住东方战线吗
Can you hold the Eastern Front?
琼斯先生
Mr. Jones…
都城维克斯虽然够格给我们建工厂
Metro Vickers may be qualified to build up our factories,
但他们远远比不上我们苏联的工程师
but they are nothing compared to the engineers, Soviet engineers.
我们正在哈尔科夫造新的飞机和坦克
We have building new planes and tanks in Kharkov.
-斯大林 -在乌克兰吗
– Stalin… – In Ukraine?
-什么 -在乌克兰吗
– What? – In Ukraine?
是的 没错 在乌克兰
Yes, Yes, in Ukraine.
你要是不信
In fact!
琼斯先生 你可以亲自去看看
Mr. Jones, why don’t you see for yourself!
我很乐意安排你去参观一下
I would be happy to arrange a trip for you,
去看看看我们准备得有多好
to see just how prepared we are..
根本不怕德国
for an attack from the Germans!
或者英国
or the British.
这是保罗走之前给我的
Paul gave me this before he left.
所有信息都在里面 包括他要去哪
All the information is there, where he was going.
他希望我来保管它 以防自己遭遇不测
Wanted me to have it in case he never made it back.
要喝茶吗
Want some tea?
你的议程计划得怎么样了
How goes the agenda now?
我没有把这当议程
I don’t have an agenda.
除非你把探索真♥相♥叫作议程
Unless you call truth, an agenda.
好吧 那么谁的真♥相♥
Yes, but whose truth?
-真正的真♥相♥ 它是唯一的 -你太天真了
– The truth. There is only one kind. – You’re so naive.
新闻业是最伟大的职业 你遵循事实
Journalism is the noblest profession, you follow the facts,
追寻真♥相♥
wherever it leads.
不偏不倚
You don’t take sides.
我父亲在驻外事务处工作
My father is in the Foreign Service.
我算是在柏林长大的 它无与伦比
I grew up mostly in Berlin. There’s no place like it,