我计划去采访斯大林
I plan to interview Stalin.
你真有意思 琼斯先生
You’re funny Mr. Jones.
莫斯科 71795
Moscow 71795.
莫斯科通讯中心
您好 都城大酒店
请问是克莱布先生吗
Mr.Klebb?
-对 -有您的电♥话♥
– Yes? – Telephone please.
好的 失陪
OK. Sorry.
谢谢
你好
保罗 我是加雷斯·琼斯 我在伦敦
Paul! This is Gareth Jones. In London.
听着 我正在赶来莫斯科
Listen, I’m on my way to Moscow.
加雷斯 我一直在找你
Gareth, I’ve been trying to reach you.
所以你要来了是吗
So you’re coming here?
保罗 我还需要你帮我一次忙
Paul I need your help again,
帮我安排一次和斯大林的采访
this time arranging an interview with Stalin.
拜托了 你一定能做到的对吧
Please, tell me you know a way.
去找《纽♥约♥时♥报♥》的沃特·杜兰蒂
Go to Walter Duranty at the New York Times.
他很有权势 而我
He has influence I’m…
我现在已经是他们的眼中钉了
Here, I am now persona non grata.
听着 我真的想和你谈谈
Listen, I really need to talk to you,
我发现了一些爆♥炸♥性的消息
I found something big.
你能把整个事件了解的清清楚楚
You can crack the story wide open.
事态比我们之前想的还糟
It’s worse than we thought before.
保罗
Paul?
还在吗
你们电♥话♥坏了
您的签证申请被许可了
Your Visa application has been approved.
而且 我们已经安排好
And, we have made arrangements for you
让您在都城大酒店安顿
to be boarded at the Metroplataz.
都城大酒店
The Metropol.
我本打算在火车站附近找家便宜的旅馆
I was going to find an old hotel near the train station
但你们能这样安排我就更方便了
but this is much more preferable.
您到那里之后去英国大使♥馆♥登记
You register with the British Embassy when you arrive.
然后再去苏联国家办事处登记
And then you register with the Soviet State Office.
不去登记的话您的签证就失效了
Failure to register forfeits your Visa.
您明白了吗 琼斯先生
Is it understood Mr. Jones?
很周到 谢谢你的帮助
您会说俄语
除了莫斯科这个城市
I would love to see
我还想多欣赏一下你们美丽的国家
more of your beautiful country other than just Moscow.
当然可以
在您采访完斯大林之后请尽情欣赏
Right after you interview Stalin.
祝您好运 琼斯先生
Good luck Mr. Jones.
这是幢新大楼 有很多装♥修♥精致的房♥间
New building. There was a lovely room here.
苏联人五年造出来的建筑
The Soviets have built more in five years
比我们政♥府♥花十年造出来的还多
than our government can manage in ten.
-你好 -你好
你应该参观一下工厂 英国的工程师也在
You ought to visit factories… British engineers here…
他叫维克斯 你应该和他谈谈
there’s Vickers, you should talk to him.
好的 我会去的
I’ll do that.
-他们在哪里接待你 都城大酒店吗 -对
– Where are they hosting you? In the Metropol? – Yes.
你在伦敦怎么样
How are things in London?
劳合·乔治和麦克唐纳解决经济危机了吗
Lloyd George and MacDonald solve the economic crises yet?
大卫·劳合·乔治:自♥由♥党政♥治♥家,英国最后一任自♥由♥党首相,
也是唯一一位威尔士人英国首相
他们对此次危机有很好的想法
They have their best minds on the case.
他们的好想法把我们卷入了混乱之中
Ah ha… and their best minds got us into this mess. Huh?
你在克里姆林宫
What have you heard
听到了什么关于希♥特♥勒♥的消息吗
from the Kremlin about Hitler?
是劳合·乔治让你这么问我的吗
Did Lloyd George tell you to ask me that?
是希♥特♥勒♥让他感到紧张了吗
Hmm? Hitler make him nervous?
恐怕不是
I’m afraid not.
杜兰蒂先生 请看一下这个
不好意思 我们正在整理文件
Forgive me, we’re putting the papers together
很好
我读了你的文章
I read your article.
你觉得希♥特♥勒♥真的会相信他自己说的话吗
You think Hitler really believes the things he said?
很多人都说他很疯狂
Lots of people say that he’s deranged.
哪里疯狂了
What is deranged?
是处在一个疯狂的世界吗
In a deranged world, hmm?
伦敦有传言说我们要开战了
There’s talk in London we’re headed to war.
英国不能再打另一场仗了
Britain can’t support another war.
那苏联人能打吗
Can the Soviets?
他们有英国的工程师 新的工厂
British engineers, new factories.
但是斯大林怎么支付这些呢
How is Stalin paying for it all?
我想是用钱吧
Money I suppose.
但他们不是用卢布付的钱
They’ve not paid for it in Roubles.
杜兰蒂先生
Mr. Duranty.
你知道这个国家有多富有 国土有多宽广
You know how rich this country is. How vast.
但除了麦田一无所有
Out of nothing but wheat fields.
粮食就是斯大林的黄金
Grain is Stalin’s gold.
那可真多
That’s a lot of grain.
在五年计划中 他们的产出可不止翻一倍
In a five year plan, that’s more than double in their output.
你到这里到底是为了什么 琼斯先生
Why are you really here, Mr. Jones?
我需要你帮我安排一次和斯大林的采访
I need your help arranging an interview with Stalin.
你二十七岁吗 还是二十八了
Are you 27, 28?
这和年龄有什么关系吗
Does it matter?
看来你是和劳合·乔治一起
Have you become so accustomed to weekends
在乡下待习惯了 以至于让你觉得
in the country with Lloyd George that…
你现在能随便和国家元首喝茶了
you think you can take tea with just any head of state?
我没什么期望 我只是有几个问题
I have no expectations. I just have questions.
那些数字加起来不一致
The numbers just don’t add up.
克里姆林宫破产了 所以
The Kremlin is broke, so…
苏联人怎么会突然大肆花钱
how are the Soviets suddenly on a spending spree?
是谁在提供经济支持
Who is providing the finance?
不好意思
Forgive me.
我问得太多 知道得太少
The fact that I have more questions
总让我觉得有点紧张
than answers for you makes me nervous.
是谁让你和希♥特♥勒♥一起上飞机的
Who got you on the plane with Hitler?
我自然有人帮忙
I had help.
他是一个记者
From a journalist.
是保罗·克莱布帮我登上希♥特♥勒♥的飞机的
It was Paul Klebb who helped me get on Hitler’s plane.
他告诉我希♥特♥勒♥什么时候会在哪里
He tipped me off where he would be and when.
其实我 我现在得走了
Actually I… I have to go, ahh…
他现在在都城大酒店
He’s staying in the Metropol I’m…
我希望今天傍晚可以和他碰面
hoping to catch him this evening.
这里很好 可以多写一些
This is good. More of this.
她是我的手下的一颗明星
She’s my star.
我就靠她了
I depend on her.
保罗·克莱布已经死了
Paul Klebb is dead.
三天之前 因为一场抢劫案
A robbery three days ago.
你不知道吗
You didn’t know?
我不知道
No.
你很了解他吗
Did you know him well?
我们在柏林相遇
We met in Berlin ah…
他是我的朋友
He was a friend.
那场抢劫案是 是在哪里发生的
Where did it.. where did it happen?
在都城大酒店的外面
Outside the Metropol.
今天傍晚有些人会来
Having some people over this evening.
大多数都是记者 你想来吗
Journalists mostly. Care to join?
好的 当然 我会来
Ahh.. yes, yes of course.
非常感谢你
Ahh thank you.
请出示你的身份证
好的
-都城大酒店吗 -对
晚上好
我来办理入住
欢迎
Welcome.
琼斯先生 是吗
Mr. Jones?
你今晚在此留宿
You are staying tonight.
不是 我要入住一个星期
Ahh.. no, I’m here for one week.
他们今晚通知我的
I was told tonight.
我是一周的签证 印♥章♥也是这么盖的
My, my Visa is for one week, ah.. It says so on the stamp.
一周的客房♥已经预定满了
We’re full that many nights.
这里要召开大会
Metropol is holding a conference.
那这附近还有别的什么旅馆吗
Ah.. do you know another hotel nearby?
你被授权只能在此酒店住宿
I’m afraid you’re only authorised to stay here.
并且只有今晚
Only for tonight.
那好吧 就住一晚

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!