我们可不是为了味道去找它的
It isn’t for the taste that we sought it.
啊 走之前
Ah, now, before we leave,
有件事一定不能忘
there’s something that I mustn’t forget.
按照你要求的 我已经签好了
I’ve signed it, as you requested.
我并不确定你能不能看懂我的草书
Not certain you can read my scrawl.
致梅崎先生 其实并没有拥有这本书很久
“To Mr. Umezaki, who has not owned this book for long.”
这本书在你手上的历史并没有20年
You haven’t had this book for 20 years.
你是从图书馆弄来的
It came from the library.
这还有胶水的痕迹
The glue mark shows where you removed
说明你把贴在这的封装卡给撕掉了
the card jacket.
你对蜜蜂 蜂王浆 还有美洲胡椒根本一窍不通
You know nothing about bees or royal jelly or prickly ash.
能让你来这儿就够了
Enough to bring you here.
过去几个月来咱们一直通信
During our correspondence over the last few months…
你不熟悉我的名字吗
was my name not familiar to you?
-并没有 -那我父亲的名字呢
-No. -My father’s, then?
益男梅崎
Masuo Umezaki?
我不认识你父亲
I never knew your father.
他曾经是个外交官 在伦敦工作 很多年前了
He was a diplomat in London, years ago.
他喜欢跟英国文化有关的一切
He loved all things English.
他送我的第一个礼物是个板球拍
The first gift he gave to me was a cricket bat.
这是第二个
The second was this.
英文版的 他说这对我的学习有帮助
In English, so as to “assist my education.”
我咨♥询♥了一位伟大的侦探 夏洛克·福尔摩斯
“After consulting with the very great detective Sherlock Holmes,
我发现最好的办法
“I realise it’s in the best interests of us all
就是我无限期地留在英国
“that I remain in England indefinitely.
从这本书里
“You will see from this book
你会发现他非常聪明睿智
“that he is a very wise and intelligent man,
并且他说 这件事绝不能掉以轻心
and that his say in this matter should not be taken lightly.”
从那以后我们再也没有收到他的消息
We never heard from him again.
-对不起 -我母亲已经快要去世了
-I’m sorry. -My mother is dying.
她日渐衰老 身边却没有丈夫陪伴 都是因为你
She grew old without a husband. All because of you.
我理解
I understand.
你最后一次收到你父亲的来信的时候
The last time you heard from your father
就是你第一次听到我名字的时候
was the first time you heard about me.
益男从你的生活中消失
Masuo vanished from your life and
而我以书的方式出现
I arrived… in the form of a book.
一个取代了另一个 就是这样
One replaced the other, as it were.
我建议你和你妈妈面对这个事实
I suggest you and your mother take whatever time you have
花多长时间都不为过
to come to terms with the facts of the case.
一个男人抛弃了他的家庭 写了个故事给儿子
A man abandoned his family and wrote his son a story.
他绝不是第一个以牺牲为幌子 来掩饰自己怯懦的人
He wouldn’t be the first to cloak his cowardice in a flag of sacrifice.
我很抱歉
I’m sorry.
但我和你父亲从未相识过
But I never knew your father.
我不该再继续用疑问打扰您了
I shall not bother you any longer with my questions.
但如果岩山椒成功了 您会告诉我的吧
But if the prickly ash succeeds, you will let me know?
救命啊
Help.
帮帮忙
Help.
谢谢
Thank you.
我看起来就像被巴斯克维尔猎犬攻击了一样
I look like I’ve been attacked by the Hound of the Baskervilles.
-可不能让妈妈看见你穿那件上衣 -不会的
-Can’t let Mum see you wearing that top. -No.
-那是证据 -是啊
-It’s evidence. -Yes.
什么的证据 谋杀吗
What of? A murder?
噢 我有东西要给你
Oh… I’ve something for you.
不是这只手
No.
日本蜜蜂
Apis cerana japonica.
-日本有蜜蜂 -是的 和我们的蜜蜂一样
-They have bees in Japan? -Yes. Just like our bees.
只不过是日本籍
Only they’re Japanese.
这是给你的 是个礼物
No, it’s for you. It’s a gift.
噢 谢谢
Oh. Thank you.
Arigato 日语中是这样说谢谢的
Arigato, as they say in Japan.
有心事吗
Something the matter?
今天你又损失了很多蜜蜂
You lost another dozen bees today.
-很多 -你觉得原因是什么
-A dozen? -What do you think it is?
爆发式的死亡
An outbreak of mortality.
可能是患了我们不知道的疾病
Could be a disease we’ve not seen before,
或是发生了突变
or a sudden mutation.
你拿来些尸体 我们来检查一下
You bring up some corpses and we’ll examine them.
-好的 先生 -还有我的放大镜
-Yes, sir! -And my glass.
在书房♥ 应该在其中一个抽屉里
Study. Should be in one of the drawers.
罗杰
Roger?
罗杰
Roger?
-福尔摩斯先生今天感觉好些了 -是么
-Mr. Holmes feels better today. -Is that so?
福尔摩斯先生感觉好多了 我们马上要开始调查了
Mr. Holmes feels so much better, we’re about to start an investigation.
调查什么
Of what?
让我们损失了大量蜜蜂居民
The crime wave that has done away
的犯罪事件
with a number of our apiary’s most prominent residents.
好的 如果你需要嫌疑犯 你知道到哪里找我
Well. If you need suspects, you know where to find me.
妈妈 等一下
Mum, wait.
我想只要我们要求 福尔摩斯先生就会做他擅长的那件事
I bet if we asked, Mr. Holmes would… do his thing.
就是只凭观察就推断出别人是谁
The thing he does where he tells people
以及他们去过哪里
who they are and where they’ve been, just from looking.
告诉妈妈她去了哪里 让她见识一下
Do Mum for her.
我想你妈妈不需要我来告诉她去过哪里
I’m sure your mother doesn’t need to be told where she’s been.
别拿蠢事打扰福尔摩斯先生
Let’s not bother Mr. Holmes with any foolishness.
这不愚蠢 过来
It’s not foolishness. Here.
你过来站到福尔摩斯先生面前 就像这样
You come and stand in front of Mr. Holmes. Just like that.
他会跟你讲 你去过哪里
And he will tell you where you’ve been.
讲吧
Do it.
你希望她转个圈吗
You want her to turn in a circle?
不 不需要
No, that won’t be necessary.
转个圈
Turn in a circle.
你今天大多数时间都在外面
You’ve been away most of the day.
你裙子上的煤灰说明你乘火车去了朴茨茅斯
The soot on your dress attests that you went by train to Portsmouth,
因为除了这一条线路 附近所有的能够实现这么长距离
as all other nearby rail lines which might accommodate
往返的铁路线都在修理中 有的无法修复
a return trip of this length are under repair or beyond it.
在朴茨茅斯 你去见了开旅馆的一对夫妻
In Portsmouth, you met the couple who run the hotel.
你的头发和指甲显示你想要留下一个好印象
Your hair and nails are evidence that you wished to make a favourable impression.
他们给你提供了工作 你答应了
They made you an offer, you accepted.
你婉拒了茶 并没有去看望
You declined tea, and did not see the sister
你不怎么喜欢的姐姐
for whom you have no particular fondness,
以我身体抱恙为借口 匆匆赶回来
using my indisposition as an excuse to hurry back.
-这不是借口 -你答应了吗
-It wasn’t an excuse. -You accepted?
下周一开始
Start a week Monday.
我们俩都去
Both of us?
-我们都要去 -她要让我做一个擦鞋童
-We’re both going. -She wants me to be a bootblack!
-罗杰 -她想让我跟她做一样的事情
-Roger! -She wants me to do what she does!
我所做的并没有什么好羞耻的
There is no shame in what I do!
你抱怨得够多了 总是念叨事情多么难办
You complain enough about it! Always going on about how hard things are.
你希望能有更好的工作
And you wish you had it better!
她几乎不识字
She can barely read!
追上她
Go after her.
去为你说的故意中伤的话道歉
Apologise for saying things that were meant to hurt.
你刚刚很残忍♥
You were cruel!
如果你不道歉 你会后悔的
If you don’t apologise, you will regret it.
-人们总这样说 -因为这是事实
-People always say that. -Because it’s true.
去说 我很抱歉
Moi, je regrette tellement.
-你后悔吗 -非常
-You regret… -So much!
你♥爸♥爸不喜欢他谋生的工作
Your dad hated what he did for a living.
车行里的技工 就像他的爸爸一样
Mechanic in a garage, like his dad before him.
当他应征入伍时 他告诉我
When he got called up, he said to me,
亲爱的 我不会在富家子弟吉普车的
“My love, I’ll not spend this war
油底盘下度过这场战争
“underneath the oil pan of some toff’s jeep.
我要为英国皇家空军效力
I’m gonna put in for the RAF.”
他也是这么做的
So he did.
接受训练
He trained.
得到高分 被分配去驾驶布伦海姆式轰炸机和马克四型坦克
Scored high marks, got assigned to a Bristol Blenheim, Mark IV.
第一次飞行时在空中爆♥炸♥了
Blown out of the sky. First time up.
他所有在车辆调配场里的同事都毫发无伤地回来了
All his mates who worked the motor pool came home without a scratch.
我不该说刚刚那些话的
I shouldn’t have said what I said.
这就是一个教训
Lesson there, then.