-Hire sansho -岩山椒
-Hire sansho? -Prickly ash.
-福尔摩斯先生 -嗯
-Mr. Holmes. -Hmm?
现在检查蜜蜂太迟了吗
Too late to check on the bees?
一点儿也不
Not in the least.
蜜蜂检查
Bee check!
-它们很淡定 -是的
-They’re quiet. -Yes.
当蜜蜂死后会怎么样
What happens when the bees die?
这算是一个玄学问题吗
Is this a metaphysical question?
我的意思是 你会悼念他们吗
I mean, do you mourn them?
我从未悼念过他们
Oh, I can’t say that I’ve ever mourned
不管是蜜蜂的死亡还是其他的灭亡
the dead, bees or otherwise.
我更关注当下
I concentrate on circumstances.
他们怎么死的 谁要为此负责
How did it die? Who was responsible?
死亡 悲伤 悼念 这都很常见
Death, grieving, mourning, they’re all commonplace.
而逻辑十分稀有
Logic is rare, and so…
我专注于逻辑
I dwell on logic.
谢谢 好心的先生
Well, thank you, kind sir.
-晚安 蜜蜂 -好梦 蜜蜂
-Night, bees. -Sweet dreams, bees.
我们明天去游泳怎么样
Now, what do you say we go for a dip tomorrow?
-在海里 -是的
-In the sea? -Yes.
-水可能会凉的 -对血液循环好
-It’ll be brisk. -Good for the blood!
好吧
All right, then.
你喜欢什么类型的书
What sort of books do you like, hmm?
除了华生的故事和与蜜蜂相关的
Apart from Dr. Watson’s stories and books about bees.
我只有这两种书
Those are all the books I have.
这里就有一个很好的图书馆
Well, there’s a perfectly good library right here, inside.
你可以拿走任何你喜欢的书
You can take any book you like.
福尔摩斯先生
Mr. Holmes?
我们要去游泳了吗
Are we going for our swim?
我已经检查过蜜蜂了
I’ve already seen to the apiary.
你还好吗
Are you all right?
我很好 我很
I’m perfectly… I’m quite…
特别好
Perfectly fine.
好吧 罗杰
All right, Roger.
你先走 我一会儿赶上你
You go along. I’ll catch you up.
罗杰 快来 要不今天要浪费了
Roger! Come along or we’ll lose the day.
很好
Well done.
这是她的照片吧
The photograph is her, isn’t it?
故事里的那个女人
The woman in the story.
是的
Yes.
她是你写书的原因吗
Is she why you’re writing it?
我并不是在写
I wouldn’t say I was writing it…
我在试着记起它们
It’s more I’m trying to remember it.
谢谢
Ah, thank you.
几个月前 我的哥哥麦考夫去世了
A few months ago, my brother Mycroft died.
他的第欧根尼俱乐部
His club, the Diogenes,
让我去伦敦取回他的东西
asked that I go up to London to retrieve his things.
他们给我一个小箱子 里面有华生写的故事
I was given a small chest containing the Watson stories,
我一则都没有读过
none of which I’d ever actually read.
就像约翰通常说的那样
They were as John always described them,
它们是用散文形式写出来的惊悚小说
penny dreadfuls with an elevated prose style.
但是其中过一个标题 激发了我的兴趣
But one of the titles piqued my interest.
故事很熟悉
The story was familiar,
但结局很不对劲
but its ending felt very,very wrong.
我从没看过任何电影改编
I’d not seen any of the cinematic depictions.
但幸运的是 很快就有了这样一个机会
But by a fortunate chance, an opportunity soon arose.
看到一个人在银幕上有十二米高
It’s strange to see a semblance of one’s self 40 feet high…
-我为安的清醒感到担忧 -因为她的神智清晰而担忧
-I fear for my Ann’s sanity. -Fear for her sanity?
年轻人 你应该担心自己的生命
Dear man, you should fear for your life.
什么意思
Whatever do you mean?
谋杀 凯尔莫先生 这是谋杀
Murder, Mr. Kelmot. Murder.
然后像演哑剧一样被演出来的感觉很奇怪
…and played as a character out of pantomime.
下毒
Poisoned?
到底什么意思
With what means have I?
你的玻璃琴 西莫尔女士
Your armonica, Madame Schirmer.
-荒唐 -或者说是玻璃
-Preposterous! -Or rather, the glasses.
是玻璃里的导线让它有了独特的声音
It is the lead in the crystal that creates the unique tone.
毒药通过皮肤被血液吸收
Absorbed into the blood through the skin,
很少的量就可以让人产生幻觉
small exposure can produce confusion, hallucinations.
持续接触导致精神错乱与死亡
But constant, obsessive contact can end in insanity and death.
每个转折点都以捻♥胡须来标志开始
Every plot twist came with a twirl of a moustache
又以感叹号♥代表结束
and ended in an exclamation mark.
这场未遂的谋杀设计得十分巧妙
Our would-be murderer is ingenious.
你不会是说
Surely you’re not referring to…
凯尔莫夫人 您需要为您自己
I’m afraid, Mrs. Kelmot, you will have to find yourself
找一个新的音乐老师了
a new music teacher.
哦
Oh.
全是垃圾
Absolute rubbish!
那个德国女人有什么动机杀安呢
What possible motive could that German woman have had to kill Ann?
那晚我一直在寻找
That night I searched for something
试图记起原本的案件
to jog my memory of the actual case.
找到了
And there it was…
她的照片
Her picture.
你知道 几年前 我能告诉你
You know, a few years ago, I could have told you everything
照片里的女人的任何事情
about the woman in that photograph.
当然 我能记起她最后是
Certainly I’d recall what had become of her,
受害者还是凶手
whether she was victim or culprit.
但是那晚
But that night…
我不记得任何事了
I couldn’t remember any of it.
我唯一记得就是那是我的最后一案
All I knew for certain was that the case was my last
是我退出侦探生涯 到这里来
and it was why I left the profession, came down here,
养蜜蜂的原因
retired to my bees.
所以我决定把这个案子原原本本地写下来
So, I decided to write the story down on paper
而不是像约翰写的那种
as it was, not as John made it.
在我死前纠正它
Get it right before I die.
你不会死的
You’re not going to die.
罗杰 我已经93岁了
Roger. I’m 93.
我有一个叔叔活到了102岁
I had a great uncle who lived to be 102.
噢 这可决定了我的命运
Well, then, that seals my fate.
你认识两个人都活这么久的几率能有多少
What are the odds that you would know two men who would live that long?
好吧 那我不认识他
Well, I didn’t actually know him.
我要去检查蜜蜂了
I’ll see to the bees.
-哦 福尔摩斯先生 -福尔摩斯先生
-Ow! Mr. Holmes! -Mr. Holmes!
啊 啊
Aargh. Aargh.
我被蛰了
I’ve been stung.
与黄蜂不同 蜜蜂会把刺留下
Unlike the wasp, the bee always leaves its sting.
我一定是做了什么蠢事
I must have done something stupid.
不 没有 有时候就会无缘无故被蛰
Oh, no. Sometimes… there’s no reason at all.
喝点儿盐水
Right. Salt water, you drink that.
或者用洋葱汁以防感染
Or onion juice to prevent serious consequences.
不要告诉你妈妈
And no need to tell your mother about all this.
我们可不想让她担心 对吧
We don’t want to worry her, do we?
你会继续写那个故事的吧
You going to go back to the story?
这算是你的封口费吗
Is that the price for your silence?
我什么都不说
Tight lips.
下午好
Good afternoon.
-先生您需要什么 -要点茶 靠窗的位置
-Sir? -Tea for one in the window.
没问题先生 小心台阶
Certainly, sir. Mind the step.
你是说他病了吗
Ill, do you say?
只是写张支票就花费了他全部力气
Took all the strength he had just to write out the cheque.
-您的茶 先生 -谢谢
-There you are, sir. -Thank you.
您的现金
Well, here we are.
-你以前用过这个吗 -从没有
-Have you used this before? -No. I haven’t.
这个毒性强劲 只要一滴就绰绰有余
It is highly poisonous. A drop will more than suffice.
谢谢
Thank you.
只是托马斯现在
It’s just Thomas is in such a state.
非要让我确定一下
He insisted I made certain.
请告诉科尔莫先生
Reassure Mr. Kelmot
自从他口授遗嘱以来没有改动过任何细节
that the particulars of the will have not changed since he dictated them.
你的财产会指定赠予给他 他的会给你
Your possessions are bequeathed to him, as his are to you.