I know this is going to bother some of you, but I think we have to consider…
我知道有人会不高兴 但今年我们打算…
cutting the senior class play altogether this year.
全部取消高年级演出项目
Are you nuts? Yes! You know what? People, people.
你疯了不成? 各位…
Oddly enough, it’s going to bother me!
太不可思议了,我反对
People, people. Please. Let’s keep in mind why we are here.
请冷静 别忘了我们开会的目的
We’re looking for things which will keep money in the school coffers, not take it away.
我们要想办法为学校省钱 而非花钱
At the expense of what? I have a responsibility to the Board of Education…
带来的后果呢? 我要对校董事会负责…
and there just isn’t the money to fund programs like this; not anymore.
而且我们也没有资金可用来搞这类东西
Then what am I doing here? I mean, why are we teaching any of this?
那我们教这些有什么用?
This is the kind of thing that’s important to me. Excuse… Excuse me, Gene.
这对我来说非常重要 打扰一下,吉恩
Yes? Bill?
比尔,你说?
I think I can guarantee that this year’s show will make money.
我可以保证今年的演出一定会赚钱
I’m listening.
继续说下去.
What if we get some of my football players…to be the dancers in the show…
让我的球员们来当舞蹈演员…
and then people will show up in droves just to see them fall on their asses.
观众一定会蜂拥而至来看他们台上的糗样
[Chuckling] Bill, I don’t want to turn this into a farce.
比尔,我们不是要演一出闹剧
It wouldn’t be a farce, because we would get them…
不会是闹剧的,我们会有演员
to be better than the damn June Taylor Dancers, and then that’ll shock the hell out of everybody.
当然,我们把他们训练成舞蹈演员 好得让人吃惊
Who’s going to teach the football players how to dance?
谁来教足球队员跳舞?
Me. [Teachers Laughing]
我!
You?
你行吗?
I minored in modern dance.
我辅修现代舞
He minored in modern dance, Gene. [Teachers Chuckling]
他辅修现代舞
I did. The coach had us do it…
真的,教练逼我们学的
so we’d be more graceful.
这样运动才能更优雅
Glenn, hold my leg. Come on. Hmm.
格伦,帮我抬腿,快
# I’ve got rhythm #
“口诵律诗”
# I’ve got music #
“耳听乐曲”
# I’ve got my gal Who could ask for anything more #
“佳人在侧”
# I’ve got daisies #
“青青草地”
# In green pastures #
“遍开雏菊”
# I’ve got my gal Who could ask for anything more #
“佳人在侧”
# Old man trouble I don’t mind him # Smile!
“老爹干预,我不在意” 微笑!
# You won’t find him Round my door #
“门前屋后,失其踪迹”
[Talking, Not Singing] I got rhythm I got music
“口诵律诗”
# I got my gal Who could ask for anything more #
“耳听乐曲”
# I got daisies #
“吾愿足矣”
# In green pastures #
“青青草地”
# I got my man Who could ask for anything more #
“遍开雏菊” “良人在侧 吾愿足矣”
# Old man trouble I don’t mind him #
“老爹干预,我不在意”
# You won’t find him round my door #
“门前屋后,失其踪迹”
# I got starlight I got… #
“星光闪烁,星光…”
# I got starlight I got sweet dreams #
“星光闪烁,美梦甜蜜”
# [Off-key] I got my gal, who could ask for anything more #
“佳人在侧 吾愿足矣”
# Who could ask for anything more #
“吾愿足矣”
# Who could ask for anything more # – Huh?
“吾愿足矣” 如何
Thank you. Thank you very much.
谢谢 非常感谢
We still don’t have an ingenue. Don’t worry. We still have a few more people to see yet.
我们还缺一个女主角 别担心,还有几个等着试唱
All right, Billy Faraday can pull off the Gershwin…
比利?法拉第可以演葛希文…
but the only ingenue we seem to have so far is ToMarkam.
但到目前为止女主角 只能让托德?马卡姆反串
I really don’t think that ToMarkam… or his parents…
我认为托德…或其父母…不会…
# I got rhythm I got music #
“口诵律诗”
# I got my man Who could ask for anything more #
“耳听乐曲”
# I got daisies # Maybe it’s just me…
“良人在侧”“吾愿足矣”“青青草地 遍开雏菊…”
# In green pastures # but I think she’s better than ToMarkam.
纯属个人意见,但我想她比托德更合适
# I got my man Who could ask for anything more #
“良人在侧 吾愿足矣”
# Old man trouble I don’t mind him #
“老爹干预,我不在意”
# You won’t find him round my door #
“门前屋后,失其踪迹”
# I got starlight I got sweet dreams #
“星光闪烁,美梦甜蜜”
# I got my man Who could ask for anything more #
“良人在侧”“吾愿足矣”
# Who could ask for anything more #
“吾愿足矣”
Very good. Miss… ? Morgan. Rowena Morgan.
非常好 你是…? 摩根,罗威娜?摩根
Very good. You were very, very good.
非常好
Thank you very much.
你唱得非常好,非常感谢!
Hey. How was the science fair?
嘿,科学展览会怎么样?
You want to go to the what? Stars.
你想去哪儿? 上太空
Cole discovered astronomy tonight.
今晚柯尔知道了天文学
Whoa. Whoa. Slow down. Slow down. You’re goin’ like a rocket.
噢,噢!慢一点,你快得像火箭!
He wants to be an astronaut.
他想当宇航员
Good.
很好
Who put that stuff in his head?
谁给他灌输的这种想法?
As a matter of fact, his teachers.
他的老师
I thought you were going to meet us. Well, I wanted to…
你不是说要来和我们会合吗? 我想去,…
but I had to get these orchestrations finished by the end of the week for the kids.
但我得在周末前把曲子写完
We’re gonna do a Gershwin revue.
我们要演出葛希文音乐剧
It’s always something, isn’t it?
你总是有事,对不对?
If it isn’t a school play, it’s band practice…
不是排戏 就是乐队练习
or grading papers or some student committee needs an advisor.
要不然就是阅卷或者辅♥导♥某个学生团体
Missing the science fair isn’t the end of the world.
错过科技展又不是世界末日
Maybe you didn’t hear me this morning. I heard you. I always hear you.
今早你听见我说的话了吗? 我都听见了
He wanted you to be there tonight!
他希望今晚你能陪他!
Oh, God. You know, it’s really amazing.
天啊! 真令人纳闷!
No matter what I do, no matter how hard I try…
无论我怎么付出…怎么努力
sooner or later anything I try turns out being wrong.
结果总是我的错
Why is every other child more important to you than your child?
为何人家的儿子比自己的重要?
I’m a teacher, Iris! You are his father!
我是老师,艾莉丝. 你是他的父亲!
I’m both!
两者都是!
I do one thing: I let him down.
我这样做,会让儿子伤心
I do another thing: I let the school down.
我那样做,又会令学校失望
How the hell am I supposed to be everything for everybody?
我要怎么做才能让所有人都满意?
You have to make priorities. I have!
事情要分轻重缓急 我正是这样!
He’s my son and I love him. And I do the best I goddamn can.
我爱我的儿子,我尽力为他做到最好
Well, you know what? Your best isn’t good enough.
知道吗?你的”最好”还远远不够
So go on. Write your music.
好吧 去吧 去写你的曲子吧!
[Exhales] Write my music, huh?
写我的曲子?
Write my music! When do I have time to write my music?
写我的曲子?我哪有时间呀?
# Won’t you tell him please to put on some speed #
“可否请他快马加鞭”
# Follow my lead #
“跟着我的指引”
# Oh, how I need #
“我是多么需要”
# Someone to watch # # Over me #
“一个守护我…”“…的人”
That was perfect, darling. Mr. Holland.
太完美了,亲爱的 -霍兰先生?
It was good. Can I talk to her for a second? Sure.
唱得好 我可以跟她谈谈吗? 当然可以
Let’s all take a break for a minute.
大家先休息一下
I was trying to sing my best. It was fine.
我已尽最大努力把它唱好 唱得不错
I just want to ask you a question.
我只想问你一个问题
What do you think… the girl’s really feeling here?
你了解女主角的心境吗?
I don’t know. You have to know…
不了解. 非了解不可
or you can’t sing it.
否则唱不好
This song is wistful, Miss Morgan.
摩根小姐,这首歌♥诉说一种渴望…
It’s about a woman who is alone in a very, very cold world…
在一个非常非常冷漠的世界里…
and all she wants more than anything is to have someone hold her close…
一位孤单的女子,盼望有人来拥她入怀
and to tell her that everything’s gonna be all right.
并且告诉她一切都会好起来
It’s about…the need for love…in your gut.
这首歌♥倾诉内心深处对爱的渴望
Okay?
懂了吗?
Try it again, from the top.
好 从头再来
This time I wanna do it in a lower key.
这次我要低一点的调
# There’s a saying old # # Says that love is blind #
“古有传言 爱会迷住双眼”
# Still we’re often told # # Seek and ye shall find #
“常常又说” 精诚所至 金石为开
# So I’d like to seek a certain lad #
“所以我要去寻找…”
# I’ve had in mind #
“我心中的那个人”
Here you go. [Customer] Thank you.
给你 谢谢
Okay? All right.
好吗? 好的
Hi, Mr. Holland. – Hey, Miss Morgan. – What are you working on?
霍兰先生 摩根小姐 你在写什么?
[Inhales] Nothing important.
没什么重要的
Just… Sometimes it’s easier to work here than at home.
只是有时候在这里工作比在家容易
Would you mind if I join you? No. Not at all.
你介意我坐下吗? 不,怎么会
Want some coffee… or tea?
要咖啡…茶?
Anything under a buck. [Laughs]
1美元以下的随便点
There’s something I always remembered about your class, Mr. Holland.
你的课总是给人深刻印象
You have this very highly developed sense of humor.
幽默的授课方式令人难忘

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!