索伦森博士说手势是… 这不是手势,是手语! 学习手势表达…
That gestures meant that Cole would never learn how to lip-read or to talk!
意味着柯尔或许永远不会读唇语或说话!
He can barely talk now! He can’t say two or three words!
他现在就不会说话 他现在两、三个字都说不了!
The guy is a specialist, Iris!
艾利丝,那人可是专家
Oh, he’s a specialist who thinks that deaf people are retarded…- and he is not retarded; he’s… Cole! – [Door Banging, Cole Wailing]
他只会把聋子当白♥痴♥. 柯尔不是白♥痴♥ 柯尔!
What does he… Give him what he wants! I don’t know what he wants!
看他要什么,给他! 我不知道他要什么,
I don’t understand what he’s trying to tell me! Don’t you get it?
你没看出来吗?
You go off to school every day with all of your children who are normal.
你每天在学校都面对着正常的孩子
I can’t talk to my son! I don’t know what he wants…
我却没法跟儿子交谈!
or what he thinks or what he feels; I can’t tell him that I love him.
不知道他要什么,不知道他的思想和情感!
I can’t tell him who I am!
我没法跟他说我爱他!告诉他我是谁!
I want to talk to my son!
我要和我的儿子说话
I don’t care what it costs; I don’t care what the stupid doctor says is right or wrong!
不管花多少钱.不管那庸医说什么!
I want to talk to my son! [Sobbing]
我要和我的儿子说话!
[Sobbing] Oh, Cole. Oh, Cole.
噢,柯尔 噢,柯尔
Okay, now we’ll talk about what is today.
好,今天是星期几?
Can you tell me what’s today? Tuesday. Good.
你知道今天是星期几吗? 是星期二. 对
Can you spell it for me? T-U…E-S-D-A-Y.
会不会拼出来? 星…期…二
[Teacher] Wonderful! Now, can you tell me what is tomorrow?
好极了!明天是星期几?
[Woman] We encourage talking and signing at the same time. And, as you can see…
正如你们看见的 我们鼓励说话和手语一起来
today, the class is learning the days of the week and the months of the year.
今天他们学习的是星期和月份
Would you care to step out for just a moment? Shall we?
请到教室外面 好吗?
Wednesday. Great. What is yesterday?
星期三 好极了,那么昨天是星期几?
[Glenn] Can we talk about tuition? Yes.
能不能谈谈学费的事? 好的
Is there any chance of government subsidy? I’m afraid not.
我们有机会获得政♥府♥补助吗? -恐怕不行
[Iris] Well, we can handle it.
好吧 我们会解决的
Uh, so… so how long would it be before he learns how to sign?
要多久他才能学会手语?
Well, not as long as it’ll take the two of you .You see, children learn very quickly, but adults…
比你俩都快 小孩学东西很快 而大人学
Well, so much depends on how much you put into it. Mmhmm.
就要看用不用心了
And… when would we begin? Well, our next intensive program…
什么时候上课? 下一♥期♥的家长强化培训班…
the one that we gear toward parents, starts in June.
在六月开课
It’s three months, three hours every day.
为期三个月,每天三小时
The most important teacher your child will ever have is you.
父母的指导对孩子最重要
[Bach: “Minuet In G Major
(巴♥赫♥ “G大调小步舞曲”)
So, who was Bach writing all this for?
这是巴♥赫♥为谁写的?
Mr. Tidd, care to join us?
狄特先生,请回答?
Uh, Lurch in the Addams Family? [Students Laughing]
《亚当斯一家》中的的勒奇?
[Softly] You’re the Lurch, you dipstick.
你才是勒奇呢 你这个蠢蛋
How ’bout I shut your smart mouth, man? – Anytime you wanna try.
看我怎么封了你那张嘴. 随时奉陪
[Glenn] Tidd! You take one more step and you’ll think you were born in detention.
狄特!再闹就罚你留校
Get back to your seat. Stadler.
回去坐好 史泰德勒
Sometimes the best way to deal with a pest is to ignore them.
有时面对自己不喜欢的人 最好的方法就是忽视
Don’t forget pages 280 to 314 for tomorrow. Stadler.
好了,别忘了预习280-314页…史泰德勒
You stoned again, Stadler? I don’t need to stay straight for this class.
又磕药了? 我没必要上这课 这些我都会
I know this stuff. I can give you all the names and dates you want.
我可说出所有的名字、日期…
I know all the scales, the modes, counterpoint…
我知道所有音阶升降,曲式,对位法…
So what?
那又怎样?
The name of this class is Music Appreciation. I don’t see you appreciating anything.
这堂课叫”音乐欣赏” 我看不出你在欣赏什么
This is such lame bullshit. Sit down.
尽是些废话 坐下!
You are this close from being suspended, pal.
你差这一点点就要被退学了,老弟
[Chuckles] You think you are real smart, don’t you?
你觉得自己很聪明?
Okay. Prove it.
好…证明给我看
I want a paper on my desk by the end of term.
学期结束我要你交一篇论文给我
I want it to be single-spaced; I want it to be annotated.
单行距书写,篇末加注
I want the name of this report to be “Music: The Language of Emotion. ”
题目是”音乐:情感的语言”
You can’t make me do that. Watch me!
你不能强迫我. 看我能不能!
This is not extra credit. You don’t do it, you flunk.
交了没有额外加分 但不交你肯定不及格
This isn’t fair, Mr. Holland.
霍兰先生,这不公平!
Life is not fair, pal. [Door Opens] Mr. Holland?
人生本来就不公平,老弟 霍兰先生?
Yeah.
知道了
You can tell Mrs. Jacobs I’ll take care of it.
告诉雅各布斯夫人,我会参加的 好的
Am I released yet? No.
我可以走了吗? 不
I want you to meet me here Saturday morning at 10:00 a. m.
星期六上午十点来这里见我
Why? Research.
做什么? 做一次考察
We are honored and we are proud that we have known him. And our lives are forever changed.
认识他我们倍感荣幸与自豪 我们的一生从而改变
Louis’s gifts live in each of us.
路易的天赋才华与我们同在
Let us burn bright his spirit…his courage, his love.
我们永远怀念他的精神,勇气和爱
Amen. [All] Amen.
阿门 阿门
“In Flanders fields the poppies blow…
“弗朗德斯阵地上,罂粟迎风摇曳”
between the crosses, row on row…
“十字架一行一行,一列一列”
that mark our place.
“年轻的生命就在此凋谢”
And in the sky, the larks, still bravely singing, fly…
“天空中,飞翔的百灵鸟勇敢歌♥唱”
[Speaking With Difficulty] Scarce heard among the guns below. ”
“大地上,隆隆枪炮还在隐约回荡”
So, uh, who’s the… who’s the one, uh…You know.
他是…他是谁?
Just some kid I taught to bang a drum, named Louie Russ.
卢拉斯,一个曾跟我学打鼓的年轻人
He made the…state wrestling finals three years running.
他曾三度晋级州际摔跤决赛
He was never as smart as you are. He had to work real hard even to graduate.
他没有你聪明.千辛万苦才熬到毕业…
Maybe that’s why it meant so much to him.
或许那就是他分外珍惜的原因
Aim. Fire.
举枪 放!
[Gunshot] Aim. Fire.
举枪–放!
[Gunshot]
Present… arms.
敬–礼!
[Trumpet: “Day Is Done
(小号♥:”时光流逝”)
On behalf of the president of the United States and a grateful nation…
谨代表总统及我们的国家
I present this flag in recognition of your son, Corporal Louis Russ…for his long and faithful service to his country.
献旗表达感激 并向为国捐躯的路易?拉斯下士表示敬意
About face. Forward.
向后转–向前进
You can go home now.
现在你可以走了
[Exhales] Hi, Glenn.
嗨,格伦
You okay? Oh, yeah. Yeah, brother.
你还好吗? 还好
What a waste.
真可惜!
We know too many of these kids.
我们见过太多这样的孩子了
Come on. Let’s get outta here.
好了,走吧
Son.
儿子
Smile. Dad.
爸爸,微笑
Of course, Daisy was also the former Miss Idaho.
黛西当选过爱达荷小姐
Is that right? Her dress is made of a potato skin. Seriously.
真的吗? 她的衣服是用土豆皮做的,真的 (爱达荷州主要农作物是土豆)
Will you stop it? It’s very nice to meet you. This is Glenn.
别胡闹了,幸会 这是格伦
It’s nice to meet you. And this is Iris.
你好 这是艾利丝
Hello. Hello, nice to meet you. Nice to meet you.
你好,幸会 幸会
Cole, say hi. This is Cole. And Cole, my son.
柯尔,来打个招呼,这是柯尔 柯尔是我儿子
[Mrs. Jacobs] Hello, everybody. [All] Hi.
大家好! 你好
Mr. Holland, a word. Mrs. Jacobs, with you, it’s never just one word.
霍兰先生,跟你说句话 雅各布斯夫人,你永远不会只说一句的
What are your plans for the summer? Oh, the usual, I guess.
暑假你有什么计划? 老规矩
You know, the Clyde Crashcup School of Driver’s Ed. What about you?
教学生开车,你呢?
Oh, I’m going to be very busy. Gardens to plant. Grandchildren to visit.
我会很忙,养花种草,看望孙子
I’m retiring, Mr. Holland.
我要退休了
What?
什么?
I’ve been promising my husband for several years now.It’s time.
我已经答应丈夫多年,现在是时候了
I have something for you.
我有东西送给你
A momento, if you will.
一件纪念品,若你愿意那样称它
I’m honored.
我深感荣幸
Mr. Holland…of all the teachers here at John F. Kennedy High School…
霍兰先生,在本校众多老师中…
you’re my favorite.
你是我最欣赏的
# Gonna pack my lunch in the morning #
(1973年初,巴黎和平协约签定 美军全部撤出越南)
# And when the evenin’ goes around # [Glenn] Wait, whoa, whoa!
慢着慢着…
# I’ll go on home and lay my body down # – Therefore…
“因此…
I shall resign the presidency, effective at noon tomorrow.
我辞去总统职务,明日中午生效” (1974年8月8日,尼克松因”水门事件”辞职)
# Comes streamin’ in I’ll get up and do it again #
(第二天,杰拉尔德?福特宣誓就任总统)
# Amen #
(1977年1月詹姆斯?卡特就任第39任总统)
# Well, the Sirens sing and the church bells ring #
“标语: 迪斯科,逊!”
You’re going the wrong way! You’re going too fast!
你开错路了,太快了!
# Well, the veterans dream of the fight #
(70年代末石油危机) “告示牌:汽油售罄”
# Fast asleep at the traffic light #
(1976年协和超音速飞机开始商业运营)
All right, moving on. People, let’s get through this. But you tell him, you know?
各位,我们继续开会 你来跟他说…
[Teachers Chattering] Now. People, please! If we could move on…
现在,大家注意,
to the next item of the agenda, which is the senior class play.
进入下一议题 高年级的戏剧表演
Now… Oh, yes, yes. Um, after our critical success…last year with Romeo and Juliet…
欧,是的,去年的“罗密欧与朱丽叶”大受欢迎…
Mr. Holland and I have come up with the most wonderful idea for this year’s production.
今年我和霍兰先生有新的构想
Well, we’re not doing a full production. We’re going to do a revue.
我们不去演长篇巨著 我们准备演短剧
A George and Ira Gershwin revue…
歌♥舞剧“葛希文兄弟” 独幕剧
with very few costumes, one set… Much cheaper than…
戏服又简单 比以往花费要少得多…

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!