Geez! [Front Seat Student Gasps]
天啊!
This is a one-way street, Mr. Holland. Mr. Hosta! Shut up! – [Horns Honking]
这是单行道 闭嘴,霍斯塔
[Panting] Um, um, Maternity. Thank you.
产科病房♥… 谢谢!
[Mouthing Words]
205室
Iris.
艾莉丝!
Come meet your son.
来看看你的儿子
Coltrane Holland.
柯尔?霍兰
How you doin’? Okay.
你怎么样? 还好!
[Whispering] Look.
瞧!
[Cooing] Can I? Sure.
可以吗? 当然
Oh!
噢!
He’s beautiful.
他真可爱
I know an old lady who swallowed a fly
“有位老太太,把苍蝇吞下肚”
I don’t know why she swallowed that fly
“为何吞苍蝇,我不明白”
Perhaps she’ll die
“或许她会活不下来”
I know an old lady [Chuckling] Who swallowed a spider
“有位老太太,把蜘蛛吞下肚”
That wiggled and jiggled And tickled inside her
“蜘蛛爬上爬下 她肚里奇痒难耐”
She swallowed the spider to catch the fly
“吞下蜘蛛去抓苍蝇”
I don’t know why She swallowed that fly
“但为何吞苍蝇,我不明白”
Perhaps she’ll die The kid is a natural.
“或许她会活不下来”
It must have been all that music you played at my stomach while I was pregnant.
这孩子有音乐天份 一定是怀他时 你放的那些胎教音乐
Ladies and gentlemen, Radio City Music Hall…
各位,无线电城音乐厅荣誉推出
is proud to present Coltrane Gershwin Holland.
柯尔?格什温?霍兰! (都是音乐大♥师♥的名字)
Mr. Holland, it has come to my attention…
霍兰先生,我注意到…
that you are teaching the students rock and roll.
你在教学生摇滚乐
Is this a problem? “Is this a problem?” Yes, I think so.
这有问题吗? “有问题吗?” 是的,我认为有
Our only job is to teach.
我们唯一的职责是教学
We cannot teach and the students cannot learn if there is no discipline.
如果没纪律,老师没法教,学生没法学
Uh, I’m sorry, uh, what exactly is your point, Gene?
抱歉,你究竟想说什么,吉恩?
My point is, rock and roll by its very nature leads to a breakdown in discipline.
我是说,这种涣散的音乐会导致秩序的败坏
What would you like me to do? Deny that rock and roll exists?
你要我怎么做? 要我只当摇滚乐不存在?
What I am… What we are saying is that you should be pushing the classics.
我认为…我们认为你应该教授古典音乐
Brahms, Mozart, Stravinsky.
布拉姆斯,莫扎特.以及史特拉文斯基
Stravinsky was the music of the Russian Revolution…if you want to talk about a breakdown in discipline.
说到秩序的瓦解,史特拉文斯基的音乐正是推♥翻♥沙皇的音乐
You are deliberately exaggerating. How about the Kingston Trio?
你夸大其词. 那么,”金斯顿三重唱” 如何?
How about Sing Along With Mitch? Oh, please! Just a minute, gentlemen.
“和米奇一起唱”(唱片名)又怎么说? 二位,等一下!
Mr. Holland, I do not want to interfere in the curriculum of any teacher.
霍兰先生 我不想干涉任何老师的教学
But next week I have a meeting with the school board.
但是下周我要和校董开会
And there are people in this community who believe…that rock and roll is a message sent from the devil himself.
有些董事深信摇滚是”魔鬼之音”
Now when that issue comes up, what can I tell them?
那么当提及这话题 我该如何对他们说?
Mrs. Jacobs, you tell them…
雅各布斯夫人
that I am teaching music…
你告诉他们…我是在教音乐
and that I will use anything…from Beethoven to Billie Holiday to rock and roll…
从贝多芬到比利·哈乐黛(爵士歌♥星)再到摇滚乐
if I think it’ll help me teach a student… to love music.
只要能让学生爱上音乐 我都乐于采用
That’s…
你的回答…
a reasonable answer, Mr. Holland.
合情合理 霍兰先生
I can tell them that.
我可以向校董会交代了
Was there something else?
还有事吗?
Yes, um, have you been…to any of the football games this season, Mr. Holland?
有…本赛季你有没有去看过球赛?霍兰先生
I can’t say that I have. No.
说不上有,没看过
Well, Mrs. Jacobs and I feel that there’s something missing.
雅各布斯夫人和我都觉得赛场少了点什么
Touchdowns. [Laughing]
触地得分?
I’m sorry. [Laughing]
对不起
What do you know about marching bands?
关于军乐队,你了解多少?
Pardon me?
您说什么?
Blue, 32! Set, hut!
准备!开始!
[Grunting]
Get him! Get him down! [Whistle Blows]
扑他!扑倒他!
[Coach Meister] That’s the way.
就是这样!
[Mr. Holland] Hey, hey, hey. That’s the way to crash down.
(霍兰先生)嘿嘿嘿 这才叫擒抱
Uh, drums and sousaphones.
鼓和低音号♥
Come on, line up here. Sousaphones on either side.
排在这里,低音号♥站两侧
And, baritones, and, and saxes.Here. Third line.
中音号♥,萨克斯,在第三列
Put your shirttail in! This isn’t a dance.
衣服塞进去!这不是开派对!
It looks like a party dress. Get it in!
那也不是礼服,给我塞进去!
Let’s do it a little quicker. You know, we don’t wanna be here ’til it’s dark.
稍微快些,我们不想在这儿耗到天黑
Now, we’re not… We’re not even.I’d like to make some attempt to, um…
我们人数不是偶数 我想…
Can you even up here? Can you, like, even this…
你在这里取齐 …
Do you understand what I’m saying when I say “even up”?
你明白我说”取齐”的意思吗?
Line up. There you go.
排成一排…对了
All right, all right. Take care of even some… next time.
好了,下次要注意取齐
Get over here! All right.They’re over there. You’re over here. What are you doing?
过来!他们在那边,你却在这里,你在搞什么?
Sorry, Coach. Are you trying to kill me?
对不起. 你想气死我吗?
Watch my hand, okay?
看我的手势,好吗?
One, two, three, march.
一,二,三,齐步走!
Left, right, left, right, left, right, left, right.- Left, right, left, right.
左,右,左,右,左,右…
No, no, no.
不,不对!
Left, right, left, right.Left, right, left, right. Hey, John, let ’em take a knee.
左,右,左,右,左,右,对 约翰,球队单膝下跪休息
No, no, no. We’re clumping. You’re clumping up.
不对,挤成一团了
No, no, no, people. Spread out. I want you to spread!
不,不,大家散开,散开! 散开!散开!
And turn. Turn around and keep marching.
然后转过来,转过来继续
Keep marching. Left, right, left, right.Left, right, left, right. Left…
齐步走!左,右,左,右…
[Whistle Blowing] Stop! Take a knee.
停!单膝下跪休息
[Football Players Laughing] All right, start runnin’.
好了,跑步去,戴上头盔!
Hats on! And don’t stop ’til you hear this whistle.
哨音没响不准停
Glenn. Glenn.
格伦,格伦
Man, oh, man, oh, man. Oh, man!
好家伙,真要命!
I take it you were never in the army.
我猜你从未在军队呆过
Now, that’s a stupid question.
还用问吗?
I was. Man, I marched my keister off.
我服过役,齐步走,练得我快累死了
Well, then, help me out.
那就帮帮我啊
Okay. You see this kid up in the stands here?
好哇! 看到看台上那个孩子了吗?
That’s Lou Russ. He was the greatest halfback this school ever had.
他叫卢拉斯 是本校有史以来最好的中卫
I had to toss him off the team because of his grades.
因为功课不好,被我赶出队
Now I’m about to lose him for wrestling if I don’t get ’em up.
现在连摔跤队也不能待了
Bill, what are we talkin’ about? What do you want me to do? Take his tests for him?
你想我怎样?要我代他去考试?
No, but I bet if he played in your band…
不是 你如果让他参加乐队
I could talk Jacobs into giving him an academic credit…and then I’ll help ya out here.
校长就会给他学分 我就帮你操练队伍
What instrument does he play? He doesn’t.
他会什么乐器? 都不会
He doesn’t play anything. [Laughing]
一样也不会
What? Are you kidding? No, he’ll fit right in.
你开玩笑吗? 不,他会适应的
Glenn, listen, you get him to play anything…
格伦 你让他随便玩个乐器…
and I’ll get them to march.
我就教他们走步
Ladies and gentlemen, I’m Coach Meister…your marching buddy.
各位,我是麦斯特教练,来陪你们操练
You know anything at all about music, Mr. Russ? No, sir, coach.
拉斯先生,你对音乐有何认识? – 没有!教练先生
You don’t have to say “sir, ” and I’m not a coach.
你不用再加一个”先生”,我也不是教练
So Mr. Holland is just fine.
就叫我霍兰先生吧
Sorry, sir… I mean, Mr. Holland.
对不起,先生… 我是说,霍兰先生
Don’t apologize. You haven’t done anything yet.
不用道歉,你没做错什么
Um, you know how to read music even a little?
你会看乐谱吗?哪怕一丁点?
No. No. No.
不会 不会 不会
Well, you do realize that you’re gonna have to learn…at least some of the fundamentals of music… before you can get into the band.
你要明白…你至少要懂一些音乐的基本常识…才能加入乐队
Listen, Mr. Holland. I’ll work hard.
霍兰先生 我会努力
I know how to work hard. I’m just not a school type of person.
我知道该如何努力 只是我不是读书的材料
Okay.
好吧
Well, which instrument do you think you’d like to play?
那么,你想玩什么乐器?
Well, I was kind of thinkin’ like… How about electric guitar?
嗯,我想过…电吉他如何?
Well, this is a marching band. The extension cord would kill us.
这是军乐队,吉他电线会绊倒人的
How about the tuba? Tubas are for fat guys with pimples.
吹大号♥如何? 那是满脸痘痘的胖子吹的!
Well, given the time constraints, how do drums strike you?
嗯,留给你上手的时间有限 打鼓好吗?
A drum!
打鼓?
The Stars And Stripes Forever
(”星条旗永不落”)
You’re ahead, Mr. Russ! [Beating Out Of Rhythm]
打得太快了,拉斯先生!
Get on the beat, Mr. Russ. Bum, ba, bum, ba… Whoa, whoa, stop, stop.
跟着拍子,拉斯先生!
Stop, stop, stop, stop. What happened? Where did you go?
停,停,停… -怎么了?干嘛不打了?
I keep losin’ my place.
我不知道该到哪里了
Well, why don’t you find it?
那就去找出来
Enough of us here already think that time is a magazine.
不少人没有节拍概念
And I don’t want you confusing us any further. And by the way…
你也不要再雪上加霜,顺便说一句…
Mr. Barr, it is not…as they say, considered couth…
巴尔先生,演奏中倾倒乐器里的口水
to empty your spit valve in the middle of the performance…

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!