谁是废柴 你♥他♥妈♥的才是废柴
Who’s a faggot? You the goddamn faggot.
狗屁
Talking the shit.
去你的 老家伙
Kick your ass, old man.
我不是小屁孩了
Shit, I ain’t no kid no more.
别给我指手画脚
You don’t tell me a goddamn thing!
我拿走了那盒杰利酒吧的火柴
I took the book of matches from Jelly’s,
因为如果他看见我发现了
because I knew he’d be embarrassed
他会很尴尬
if he saw that I’d found it.
第二天早上 丘奇先生照常做着早餐
And come morning, there was Mr. Church making breakfast,
散发着肥皂和调味料的香气
smelling like soap and seasonings,
听着他的音乐
listening to his music.
嘿 你醒了
Hey, you’re awake.
宝宝要吃东西了
The baby’s got to eat.
晚上睡得好吗 丘奇先生
How was your night, Mr. Church?
不错啊
It was pleasant enough.
他一直都是这么回答的
And that’s all he would ever say.
不错
Pleasant enough.
那些是我唯一搞不懂的键盘
Those are the only keys I never quite got the hang of.
早知道就给别人弄去
About time I let somebody else try to play them.
你的论文在蓄势待发 亲爱的
Your thesis awaits, my dear.
一旦开始 就会源源不断
Start with the first word and the rest will follow.
嘿 你在干什么 -我 我只是
Hey, what are you doing? -Oh, I’m– I was just–
现在你得离开了 -丘奇先生
Okay, now you got to go. -Mr. Church–
马上走 -对 对不起
Let’s go, right now! -I’m– I’m sorry.
对不起 -我只提了一个要求
I’m sorry. -I give you one goddamn rule,
你连这都做不到 -对不起
and you break it, right? -I’m sorry!
你马上离开这里
You get out of my shit right now.
拿上你的东西走人 -你弄疼我了
Pack your shit and go! -You’re hurting me!
出去 -我可以上哪去
Just get out! -Where am I supposed to go?
现在是半夜
It’s the middle of the night.
那不是我的问题
That’s not my goddamn problem.
我已经不是小孩了 丘奇先生
I’m not a child anymore, Mr. Church!
还是你太醉了看不清
Or are you too drunk to see that?
到底是怎么了
What is it with all of you?
秘密 谎言 更多的秘密
The secrets and lies and more secrets?
别告诉夏丽我快死了
Don’t tell Charlie I’m dying.
什么都别告诉夏丽
Don’t tell Charlie a goddamn thing.
我只是想了解你 丘奇先生
I just wanted to know you, Mr. Church.
我是你的厨子
Look, I was your cook.
只要知道这个就够了
That’s all you need to know.
我没有地方可以去
I had nowhere to go.
我第一次意识到
And for the first time,
自己无依无靠
I realized I had no one.
拉森
Larson?
拉森
Larson!
嘿 夏丽
Hey, Charlie.
瞧你
Look at you, you’re all…
怀孕结婚了
pregnant and married.
哦 没有 只是怀孕而已
Oh, no. Just– Just pregnant.
你又要离开这里了吗
Well, you living out here again?
不是 还在上大学
No, still in college.
只是回来看
Just, you know, came to see–
探望
Came to visit.
今晚就回去
Heading back tonight.
你还开着那辆车吗 还是
You still got that car, or…
车很好 停在那边
Oh, it’s good. It’s right over there.
你要坐个便车吗
Do you need a ride somewhere?
不 不
Oh, no, no, no.
不 我
No, I…
我得
I’d better get a…
见到 见到你我很开心
Hey, it was good– Good seeing you, though.
我也是 拉森
Yeah, you too, Larson.
哦 靠
Oh, shit!
我发誓 我没看见她
I swear to God, dude, I didn’t even see her.
夏洛特 来
Charlotte, come here.
这边 开门
Here, get the door.
呼吸 夏丽 呼吸
Breathe, Charlie, breathe.
我听见医生和护士们低声说
I heard the doctors and nurses whispering
宝宝没死真是个奇迹
it was a miracle the baby didn’t die.
我想告诉他们
I wanted to tell them,
“你们不知道吗
“Don’t you know?
布鲁克斯家的血液里流淌着奇迹”
Miracles run in the Brooks family.”
你需要非常小心 大量的休息 夏丽
You need to be very careful. Lots of rest, Charlie.
你有地方住吗
Do you have a place to stay?
她跟我住在一起
She lives with me.
你是?
You are?
我是丘奇先生
I’m Mr. Church.
你是夏丽的监护人吗
Are you responsible for Charlie?
是的
Yeah.
宝宝给丘奇先生带来了使命感和兴奋
The baby gave Mr. Church a sense of purpose and excitement.
哦 她又动了
Oh! There she goes again.
“她”?
“She,” Mr. Church?
我猜的 她感觉 我感觉是她
Well, it’s a guess. She feels like– I’m feeling she.
你不打算问我这是怎么一回事吗
Aren’t you going to ask me how it happened?
我知道女孩是怎么怀孕的 夏洛特
I know how girls get pregnant, Charlotte.
如果他不是在打理院子
If he wasn’t gardening,
就是在画画
he was painting.
如果不在画画
If he wasn’t painting,
就是在煮东西
he was cooking.
如果不在煮东西
If he wasn’t cooking,
就是在弹琴
he was playing the piano.
如果他没在弹琴
And if he wasn’t playing the piano,
就是在读书给我听
he was reading to me.
邦妮?
Bonnie?
太可爱
Too cute.
布兰达?
Brenda?
太危险
Mm… too dangerous.
贝丝?
Beth?
太简单
Too simple.
卡丽呢
How about Carrie?
不好
No.
每周三和周六晚
Every Wednesday and Saturday night,
丘奇先生都会外出
Mr. Church went out.
晚安 夏洛特
Good night, Charlotte.
他从不说自己去哪儿
He never said where he was going.
我也从来不问
And I never asked.
但我知道
But I knew.
艾琳或者艾丽斯
You have Irene. Or Iris.
厄玛 -丘奇先生?
Irma… -Mr. Church?
厄玛像是个上了年纪的女人 -丘奇先生
Irma sound like an old lady. -Mr. Church?
丘奇先生 -伊莎贝尔
Mr. Church? -Isabel.
伊莎贝尔 你觉得伊莎贝尔怎么样
Isabel. What do you think of Isabel?
丘奇先生 哦 我的天啊 我们得上医院
Mr. Church… oh, my God. Oh, my God, we got to go.
你确定吗 -是的 哦
Are you sure? -Yeah– Oh!
好的 好的
Okay, okay, okay, okay.
我马上打电♥话♥
I’ll call right now.
丘奇先生说得对
Mr. Church was right.
是个女孩
I was having a baby girl.
她需要一个名字 夏洛特
She’s going to need a name, Charlotte.
伊莎贝尔
Isabel.
伊莎贝尔·玛丽·布鲁克斯
Isabel Marie Brooks.
嘿 伊莎贝尔 嘘
Hey, Isabel. Shh.
我是丘奇先生
I’m Mr. Church.
一切都围绕着伊莎贝尔
Everything was about Izzy.
没事的哦
We’re going to go right…
毕业的事显得越来越遥远
Getting that degree seemed to slip farther and farther away.
一段时间后
And after a while,
丘奇先生就不再问起了
Mr. Church stopped asking me about it.
我是个母亲
I was a mother.
而丘奇先生
And Mr. Church…

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!