为什么邀我
Why me?
这是个蠢问题 也许因为我喜欢你
That’s a dumb question. I don’t know, because I like you.
因为你聪明
Because you’re smart.
还是说因为我妈妈快死了
Or was it because my mama was dying?
什么
What?
如果是那个原因 没问题
If that’s the reason, it’s okay.
我明白
I– I get it.
可怜的夏丽·布鲁克斯
Poor Charlie Brooks.
可怜的没有父亲 也即将失去母亲的
Poor fatherless, soon to be motherless,
令人同情的夏丽 – 夏丽
pathetic Charlie Brooks. -Charlie–
我懂的 这是行善
I get it. Charity case.
但我们就开诚布公的说吧
But let’s just be honest about it.
你从来没有吻过我
I mean, you never even kissed me.
所以 如果你邀请我不是因为同情
So, if the reason you took me was out of pity–
我没有同情你
I don’t pity you.
我明天就出发去学校了 夏丽
I’m leaving tomorrow for school, Charlie.
他们一早就来载我
My folks are driving me up early.
所以我才过来找你
That’s why I came looking for you.
跟你道别
To say good-bye.
好好学习 欧文
You study hard, Owen.
你要有一番作为 好吗
You do something important with your life, okay?
夏丽
Charlie…
从来没跟你来过餐厅 丘奇先生
Never been to a restaurant with you before, Mr. Church.
既然今天是你在这里的最后一晚了
Well, I figured since it’s your last night here,
我们应该在外面吃
we should eat out.
抱歉久等了 请问需要什么
Sorry for the wait, folks. What can I get you?
你们有苹果杰克吗
Hey, do you have Apple Jacks?
一盒的那种
Comes in a box.
吃着是糖和苹果的味道
Tastes mostly like sugar and apples, mainly.
有的 先生 -那我就点这个
Yes, sir. -I’ll have that.
我也一样
Yeah, I’ll have the same.
我想这大概是你花在我身上的最后一笔
And I suppose this is the last of Richard’s money
理查德的钱
you’ll ever spend on me.
可怜的家伙
Poor fool.
他以为只要支付6个月的费用就足够了
He thought he’d only have to shell out enough for six months.
妈妈让他这么认为了
Mama sure showed him.
丘奇先生
Mr. Church?
两份苹果杰克
Two Apple Jacks.
来得刚好
Right on time.
请慢用
You’re welcome. Enjoy.
看着很棒啊
Oh, that looks wonderful.
不错
Yes.
苹果和糖
Apples and sugar.
没有秘方
No secret there.
我只带了衣服和书
I took clothes and books.
没有其他东西
Nothing else.
我跟丘奇先生说 他可以拿走家里任何他想要的东西
I told Mr. Church to take whatever he wanted of Mama’s,
剩下的都捐给慈善机构
and whatever was left to give to charity.
我驱车三千英里 来到一个精彩的地方
I had driven 3,000 miles to find out something amazing.
波士顿大学
这里没有人知道我是可怜的夏丽·布鲁克斯
Here, no one knew me as poor Charlie Brooks.
大学跟我想象的一样
College was just how I imagined it.
充满能量和色彩
Full of energy and color.
在这里 我有无限可能
Here, I could be anyone I wanted to be.
我们假设是莎士比亚教索普以W.H.
And if we suppose that Shakespeare instructed Thorpe to name
在题词上命名 那么
W.H. in the dedication, then…
我刻苦学习 每当我累到快不行的时候
I studied hard, and when I felt too tired to keep going,
就想起那些妈妈剪下来的该死优♥惠♥券
I thought of all those damn coupons Mom would cut to get me here,
让我坚持下去
and it pushed me through.
好了 够了 不要再学习了
All right, that’s it. No more studying.
不 不 -我们出去走走
No! No, -we’re going out.
丘奇先生每周都给我写信
Mr. Church wrote me every week.
一直寄书给我
And always sent me books.
季节变更
Seasons changed.
室友来了又走
Roommates came and went.
课程也不断变换
Class schedules changed,
我距离毕业一天比一天近
and I got closer every day towards graduating.
对有些人来说 大学是你人生中寻求自我的
They say, for some, college is the time of your life
一个阶段
where you find yourself.
而对其他人来说
And for others…
嘿 你好吗 -嘿 我叫夏丽
Hey, how you doing? -Hey, I’m Charlie.
很高兴认识你
Nice to meet you.
也可能是一个让你
…it can also be a time
逐渐迷失的阶段
where you slowly get lost.
有时候
And sometimes…
你只是需要回家
you just have to go home.
无论它在哪里
Wherever that may be.
洛杉矶
我是夏丽
It’s Charlie.
惊喜
Surprise.
看来未婚先孕是
Seems the legacy of the Brooks family
布鲁克斯家的传统
was having babies out of wedlock.
抱歉我没有给你写信了 丘奇先生
Sorry I stopped writing you, Mr. Church.
我也没有给珀比写信了
You know, I stopped writing Poppy too.
事情 事情变得有点疯狂
Things– Things just got a little crazy for me.
看得出来
I can see that.
但你的信我都读了
But I read all your letters,
有时甚至一天两回
sometimes even twice a day.
总之 我需要歇一下 所以我想
Anyway, I needed a break and I thought,
“给丘奇先生一个惊喜吧”
“Go surprise Mr. Church.”
你确实惊喜到我了
Yeah, well, you really surprised me.
我可以留下来住几天吗
Can I stay for a few days?
我带了书
I mean, I brought my books.
我可以在这里学习什么的
I can study here and everything.
我只是需要一个休息的地方
I just need a place to rest.
可以 但我有一个条件
Okay. I got one rule. Mm-hmm.
尊重我的隐私
You respect my privacy.
因为现在是在我家 对吧
‘Cause you’re in my house now, right?
好的 我可以
Yeah, okay. I will.

Okay.
就像我们从未分开过一样
It was like we were never apart.
那么好吧
All right, then.
对于我怀孕一事他什么也没问
He never asked a single question about my being pregnant.
还是在屋外抽烟吗 丘奇先生
Still smoking outside, Mr. Church?
从今天开始
Yeah, as of today.
我猜 丘奇先生尊重我的隐私
I guess Mr. Church respected my privacy
就如同他要求我尊重他的一样
as much as he asked me to respect his.
再次回到丘奇先生身边
All I knew being back with Mr. Church
就像回到了家
was that I was home.
以前一直想知道丘奇先生住在哪儿
All those years wondering where Mr. Church lived,
如今我正站在他的家中
and I was now standing in the center of it.
试试这个
Try this.
欧亚甘草 -对
Licorice? -That’s right.
我给你多拿了一条毯子
Hey, I brought an extra blanket.
这里晚上有时候很冷
It gets cold in here at night sometimes.
那边的窗户 早上阳光非常刺眼
And the sun shines in that window really bright.
你可能要拉上窗帘
You might want to close that curtain.
这是你吗
Is this you?
对不起 我不是有意打探
I’m sorry. I wasn’t snooping.
我只是在抽屉里看见
I just found it in the drawer.
对 那是我 和我父亲
Yeah, that’s me and my father.
你很像他
You look like him.
我给你留着那盏灯
I’m going to leave the light on
以防你晚上需要喝点
for you out here in case you want to get
牛奶或什么的
some milk or something at night.
晚安 亲爱的
Good night, my dear.
晚安 丘奇先生
Good night, Mr. Church.
你无法改变我 老家伙
You can’t change me, old man!
啥也改变不了
You’re not changing shit!
我是罪人吗 对 是的
Oh, I’m a sinner? Yeah, that’s right!
我是罪人
I’m a sinner!

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!