来吧 现在
Come on. Now.
你敢打赌 你说的是实话
I dare say he speaks the truth.
没事 有我在 我撑着你
Okay, okay, I got you. I got you.
对不起 对不起 -没事
I’m sorry. I’m sorry. -It’s okay.
没事
It’s okay.
谢谢你
Thank you.
有我在
I got you.
让我来 -谢谢
Let me get that. -Thanks.
我来开门
I’ll get the gate.
我今晚真的很开心
I had a really great time tonight.
我也是
Me too.
晚安 夏丽
Good night, Charlie.
告诉我吧
So, tell me.
毕业舞会糟吗
Was it lame?

No.
毕业舞会
It was…
很棒
Beautiful.
你应该在床上的
You should be in bed.
我想等你回来
I wanted to wait up for you,
就像其她妈妈一样
just like every other mother
等着她们的女儿回来
who waited up for their daughter tonight.
你跳舞了吗
Did you dance?
跳了一整晚
All night.
他吻你了吗
Did he kiss you?
亲吻到来的方式有很多 宝贝
Well, kisses come in all sorts of ways, baby.
人们在死亡面前会变得奇怪
People act strange around death.
有些人会无所不谈
There are those who talk about everything
除了逝者
but the person who died.
我跟里纳尔多先生说 两磅肉已经很多了
And I told Mr. Rinaldo that two pounds of meat was plenty,
但他坚持给我三磅
but he insisted on giving me three.
然后我说“真荒谬”
And I said, “That’s ridiculous…”
有些人则只谈论逝者
There are those who only talk about the person who died.
你妈妈一直对我很友好
Your mother was always very nice to me.
我也觉得她很漂亮
I thought she was pretty too.
我总是好奇她为什么没有男朋友之类的
I always wondered why she didn’t have a boyfriend or something.
有些人则尝试安慰你
There are those who try to cheer you up.
你妈妈去得很安详 夏丽
Your mother’s at peace, Charlie.
没有痛苦
Out of pain.
你也不想她受病痛之苦
You don’t want her in pain.
还有一些人就只会让你哭
And those who can’t help but make you cry.
我一直希望自己有一个
You know, I’ve always wished
像你妈妈那样的母亲 夏丽
I’d had a mom like yours, Charlie.
为什么死的是你妈妈
Why can’t it be my mom who’s dead,
而不是我的呢
not yours?
还有一些人什么都不说
And then there are those who say nothing at all…
因为他们不需要
because they don’t have to.
当人们 当吵杂声
But when everyone was gone,
当喧闹声 当医院病床
the people and the noise and the chatter
都消失之后
and the hospital bed…
就只剩下丘奇先生和我
it was just Mr. Church and me.
我喜欢这样
And I liked it.
这是我第一次也是仅有的一次 看见丘奇先生流泪
It was the first and only time I ever saw Mr. Church cry.
他连抽泣声也非常得体
Even his weeping was graceful.
接下来怎么办
What’s going to happen now?
你会做什么
What will you do?
你的职责完成了
Your job is done.
我还没考虑过
I haven’t even thought about it.
我现在开始要好好想想
Guess I’ll start thinking about it now.
我有东西给你
I have something for you.
其实 是你妈妈给你
Actually, it’s from your mother.
这是所有我存下来的钱
I kept a record of all the money I saved
用你妈妈那些优♥惠♥券省下来的钱
marketing with those coupons your mother gave me.
加起来还是蛮可观的
I always did say they add up.
你可以致电波士顿大学
I guess you can call Boston University
告诉他们夏洛特·布鲁克斯会上他们的大学
and tell them that Charlotte Brooks will be attending.
好了
All right.
好了 你得想办法
Okay, I guess you’re going to
去那里
need a way to get there.

I…
一直很讨厌坐巴士
always did hate riding the bus.
丘奇先生没有驾照
Mr. Church didn’t have a license.
所以他不会教我怎么开车
So, I knew he couldn’t teach me how to drive.
我找了一个会教我的人
I went to the one person who I knew could.

Okay.
把钥匙插♥进♥点火器 然后
Just put the key in the ignition, and–
脚放在离合器上
Put your foot on the clutch there.
当你踩油门的时候
And when you give it gas,
慢慢放开离合器
you’re going to slowly release.
脚不要踩在刹车上
Foot off the brake. Okay.
踩油门加速 悠着点
And on the accelerator. Nice and easy.
车动了 车动了 -就是这样
We’re going. We’re going. -There you go. Okay.
你脚不要踩刹车啊
You have to take your foot off the brake as well.
慢慢松开离合器
Release the clutch slowly.
脚放在离合器上
Put your foot on the clutch.
我 抱歉 -慢慢来
I– Whoa, whoa, I’m sorry. -Nice and slow.
你没事吧 你还好吗
Oh! You okay? You okay? You okay?
对不起 对不起
I’m sorry, I’m sorry.
我很抱歉 我发誓我可以的
I’m sorry. I swear I’ll get it.
没事
It’s okay.
很好 速度保持
Good. Nice. That’s a good speed.
加速
Picking up speed.
太棒了
This is great.
我做到了
I did it.
你将会成为名作家
You’re going to be a famous writer.
是的
Yeah.
我会成为有名的时装设计师
I’m going to be a famous fashion designer.
镇里所有的男人
And all the duds in this town,
他们都会说
they’re going to say,
“哦 靠 那两个不就是
“Oh, damn, aren’t those the two
圣佛朗西斯学校捐助的女孩吗”
charity case girls from St. Frances?”
真见鬼 -你犯傻了
Well– Well, I’ll be damned. -You’re crazy!
我没犯傻 我自♥由♥舒畅着呢
I’m not crazy. What I am is free.
纽约 我来了
New York, I am on my way. Clear this.
我迷路了
I’m completely lost.
纽约 纽约 纽约
New York, New York, New York.
快离开这里 尽是些下等的酒鬼
Get us the hell out of here. Bunch of lowlife drunks.
我比任何时候
More than ever,
都更想知道丘奇先生的一切
I wanted to know everything about Mr. Church.
晚安 夏洛特
Good night, Charlotte.
晚安 丘奇先生
Good night, Mr. Church.
我想问他关于杰利酒吧的事
I wanted to ask him about Jelly’s Place.
希望他知道他什么都可以告诉我
Wanted him to know he could tell me.
我知道杰利酒吧的传闻
I knew the rumors about Jelly’s.
最重要的是 我想知道丘奇先生过得幸福
Most of all, I wanted to know Mr. Church was happy.
妈妈走了 我也要去上大学
With Mama gone and me leaving for college,
我担心他
I worried about him.
如果我能看看他的家
I thought if I could see his house,
见到某个如我和妈妈般爱他的人
meet someone who loved him as much as Mama and me,
那我就能放心了
somehow I would know he was okay.
夏丽
Charlie?
大晚上的 你独自在这里闲逛做什么
What are you doing walking around alone at night?
你要上车吗
You want to jump in?
我是不是做错什么事了
Listen, have I done something wrong?
什么
What?
你最近都没怎么跟我说话
You’ve hardly spoken to me lately.
你连看都不看我
Hell, you won’t even look at me.
为什么邀我去毕业舞会
Why’d you take me to prom?
你在胡说什么
What are you talking about?
你本可以邀请学校里任何一个女孩
You could have asked any girl in school.
受欢迎的 有钱的
Popular girls, girls with money.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!