Would you go with me, Charlie?
我 我得走了
I… I got to go.
我 我 我得走了
I… I… I got to go.
我就当那是“可能”的意思
I’ll take that as a maybe.
每次走进那个房♥间
Every time I walked in that room,
我都会屏住呼吸 聆听她的声音
I held my breath so I could listen for hers.
祈求还能听到她存在的气息
Hoping it would still be there.
有时候声音很微弱
Sometimes it was so soft
我不得不爬上♥床♥ 把耳朵凑近她的嘴巴
I had to climb onto the bed and put my ear up to her mouth
只是确保还有声息
just to make sure.
其他时间 则是沉重而挣扎的呼吸声
Other times, it was so heavy with struggle
我不得不离得远远的才能忍♥受住
that I had to back as far away as I could just to stand it.
而其他时间
And other times,
则只有妈妈自己
it was all Mama.
你回来了
There she is.
你有一盘芝士和葡萄在冰箱里
I have a plate of cheese and grapes for you in the icebox.
她怎么样了
How’s she doing?
她过得不错
She had a good day.
亲爱的 你回来得很是时候
And you, my dear, have come at the perfect time.
你得叫醒她吃东西
You need to wake her so she can eat.
拿这些给她
I want you to take this to her.
我有作业
I have homework.
来吧 夏洛特 她今天不错
Oh, come on, Charlotte. She had a good day.
她还是会死 丘奇先生
She’s still going to die, Mr. Church.
嘿 你醒了
Hey, you’re awake.
我好像听到夏丽的声音
I thought I heard Charlie.
她刚从学校回来吗
Did she come right up from school?
是的 她正在做功课
Yeah, she’s doing her homework.
她不想打扰你
She didn’t want to disturb you.
你太不会说谎了 丘奇先生
You’re a terrible liar, Mr. Church.
要我陪陪你吗
You want some company?
“她总是送他
“She always accompanied him
“到楼梯边
“to the first step of the stairs.
“当他的马还没牵过来的时候
“When his horse had not yet been brought around,
“她会待在那儿
“she’d stayed there.
“他们已经道过别了
“They had said good-bye.
“彼此都没有再说话
“There was no more talking.
“空气缠绕着她
“The open air wrapped around her
“轻轻扫着
“playing with the soft down
“她的后颈
“on the back of her neck,
“来回拂过她的双唇
“or blew to and fro on her hips,
“围裙带就如彩纸条般飘舞
“the aprons strings that fluttered like streamers.
她想 爱 必定是悄然而至了……”
Love, she thought, must come suddenly…”
妈妈曾经是我的太阳
My mama had been the sun to me.
我沐浴在她的温暖中
I basked in her warmth.
我早晨起来就是为了能看见她
I remember wanting to wake up in the morning just to see her.
但现在太阳不再炽热
But now that sun was on fire,
却像要烧毁眼前的一切
seemed to burn everything in sight.
如果我走得太近 会刺痛我的皮肤
If I got too close, my skin stung.
但丘奇先生
But Mr. Church,
他在她的火焰下来去自如
he could walk right through her blaze
不留一丝灼痕
without so much as a singe.
他就像月亮
He was like the moon,
冷静沉着 总是相伴左右
cool, calm, and always there.
所以 我学会背对太阳
So, I learned to turn away from the sun
面向月亮
and face the moon.
写得太棒了
This is excellent work.
勃朗特姐妹都会为之骄傲
The Bronte sisters would have been proud.
监狱探望日
It was visiting day at the prison.
他们为什么要逼珀比去
I don’t know why they force Poppy to go.
最后就只会是
She just ends up smoking
一帮恐怖的囚犯盯着她抽烟
with a bunch of locked-up creeps staring at her.
他们是她的父母 夏洛特
Hey, they’re her parents, Charlotte.
苹果馅吗 -当然
Apple? -Of course.
拉森让我告诉你
Larson told me to let you know
他们戒酒互助组非常喜欢你送的馅饼
that his group of drunks loved the pie you donated.
你见过那地方吗
Have you seen that place?
那里非常吓人
The thing’s pretty dreary.
我猜做一个酒鬼也很可怕
Well, I guess being a drunk is dreary, huh?
你妈妈今晚需要洗澡
Hey, your mom’s going to need a bath tonight.
从妈妈撑过6个月的期限那天起
Mr. Church stopped smoking in the house
丘奇先生就不再在屋里抽烟
once Mama passed the six-month mark.
大概是因为 他知道她大限还没到
Guess he realized she wasn’t going anywhere,
而他并不想加快它的到来
and he didn’t want to hurry her along.
我们有彼此的职责
We each had our duties.
丘奇先生负责妈妈的饮食
Mr. Church fed Mama,
给她吃药 帮她量血压
gave her medicine, took her blood pressure,
测体温 在她呕吐时递上盆子
temperature, held pots under her face when she threw up.
在她需要上厕所时撑扶她
Carried her to and from the bathroom when she needed to go.
尽管如此 他依然称呼她“夫人”
And with all that, he still called her ma’am.
而她也依然叫他丘奇先生
And she still called him Mr. Church.
我的唯一工作就是帮妈妈洗澡
My one and only job was to bathe Mama.
而我非常讨厌
And I hated it.
今天学校过得如何
How was– How was school today?
学校就是学校
School is school.
你有收到大学的消息吗
Did you– Did you hear from any more colleges?
我被波士顿大学录取了
I got accepted to Boston University.
夏丽 那是你的梦想啊
Charlie, that’s what you wanted.
我为你骄傲
I’m so proud of you.
我负担不起学费 妈妈
I can’t afford a university, Mama.
我会去本地的大学 你也知道的
I’ll be going local and you know it.
你申请了奖学金
You applied for a scholarship.
丘奇先生说欧文·巴克斯特
Mr. Church said that Owen Baxter
邀请你去毕业舞会
asked you to the prom.
这种消息
News like that,
我还是想从你口中得知
I’d like to have heard it from you.
向前 不是什么大不了的事
Forward. It’s no big deal.
不是大事?
No big deal?
只不过是个破毕业舞会
Just a lame prom.
不 那是色彩缤纷 兴奋无比的毕业舞会
No, baby, it’s colorful and exciting.
你可以见到所有的朋友
You get to see all your friends
打扮漂亮
dressed up,
和男孩跳舞
dancing with boys
不知道他们喜欢自己
they never even knew liked them.
向后 -那是女孩一生最重要
Go back. -It’s one of the biggest nights
的夜晚之一
of a girl’s life.
谢谢
Thanks.
弗兰克·来勒 -什么
Frankie Liner. -What?
他是我的 我的舞伴
He was my– my– my prom date.
可怜的弗兰克 他的双手整晚都是湿的
Poor Frankie, his hands were sweating all night long.
但 男孩 还能跳舞
But, boy, could he dance.
你需要一条裙子 和新鞋
You’ll need a dress and some new shoes.
如果我不去就不需要
Not if I don’t go.
夏丽 别错过你的毕业舞会
Charlie, don’t skip your prom.
你为什么在乎? 反正你也看不到
Why do you care? You won’t be around to see it anyway.
别说那样的话
Don’t say things like that.
好吗
Okay?
因为我
Because I…
撑过了比那些医生说的
have hung on for five years longer
五年还要长的时间
than any of those damn doctors said I would.
再等你的毕业舞会几个礼拜算什么
What’s a couple more weeks till your prom?
脖子
Neck.
夏丽 听我说 好吗
Charlie, listen to me, okay?
我给你许下承诺
I’m going to make you a promise,
你知道我从未打破约定
and you know I never break my promises.
如果你答应欧文
If you say yes to Owen
并给自己买♥♥条裙子
and get yourself a dress
去参加那个破毕业舞会
and you go to that lame prom,
我会看到的
I’ll be here to see it.
头发怎么那么漂亮
How’d we get such beautiful hair, huh?
好