Keep your stupid books. -Hey, that’s enough.
没事 夫人
No, that’s okay, ma’am.
但是 当你想看这些书的时候
But, listen, if you do ever want to read one of these books,
你得登记
you’re going to have to check it out.
什么 像图书馆那样吗 -跟图书馆一模一样
What, like a library? -Exactly like a library.
做一个借书卡
Made a card up for you and everything.
而夫人您就随意 你什么时候想看都可以
And ma’am, you feel free. Whenever you want, you can read these books.
如果你喜欢 我可以多带一些过来
And if you like, I’ll bring more.
一个房♥子总需要书 对吧
A house could always use books, right?
很抱歉 丘奇先生
I’m sorry, Mr. Church.
她会习惯的
She’ll get used to it.
她只是个孩子 还不明白
She’s just a child. She doesn’t understand.
当然了 夫人
Oh, sure, ma’am.
我会在今晚6点为你们准备好晚餐
Look, I’ll have dinner ready for you and the child about 6:00 tonight,
这之后
then after that
我会负责洗碗
I’ll take care of the dishes.
然后我就会回去
Then I’ll take my leave for the evening.
好的6点 谢谢你 丘奇先生
6:00 it is. Thank you, Mr. Church.
不客气
You’re most welcome.
晚餐时间
Dinnertime.
我不饿
I’m not hungry.
宝贝
Baby…
事情就是这样了
this is the way it’s going to be.
所以 我建议你赶快停止抱怨
So, I suggest you find a way to stop complaining
好好享用食物
and start enjoying the food.
丘奇先生要我给你这个
Mr. Church asked me to give you this.
丘奇先生的图书馆
借书者:夏洛特·玛丽·布鲁克斯
妥协可没那么容易
Complaining wasn’t easy to stop.
但享用美食倒是很简单
Enjoying the food was a breeze.
慢用
Enjoy.
但我不打算让丘奇先生和妈妈知道
But I wasn’t about to let Mr. Church or Mama know it.
夏丽 快吃
Charlie, come on, eat it.
我要让他们认为 吃每一口都是对我的折磨
As far as they were concerned, every bite was torture for me.
但其实 我很期待他接下来的菜式
Secretly, I couldn’t wait to taste what was coming next.
下一道永远是佳肴盛宴
And what came next was always something magnificent.
每晚都像是一个派对
It was like a party every night.
早晨也是
Every morning.
连每一个下午都像是一个派对
It was like a party every afternoon.
我终于让珀比来我家见见丘奇先生
I finally let Poppy over to meet Mr. Church.
让她来过一次 就再也甩不掉她了
Once I did, I couldn’t get rid of her.
丘奇先生 这是我喝过最好喝的
Mr. Church, this is the best lemonade
柠檬汁
I’ve ever tasted.
亲爱的 秘诀是欧亚甘草
The secret to that, my dear, is the licorice.
你很多秘方啊 丘奇先生
You and your secrets, Mr. Church.
我姐姐喜欢你做的香蕉面包
My sister loved the banana bread you made.
谢谢 珀比
Oh, thank you, Poppy.
“我姐姐喜欢你做的香蕉面包”
“My sister loved the banana bread you made.”
是真的
She did.
早晨 我还在熟睡中的时候 丘奇先生
And in the morning, Mr. Church was in the kitchen
就已经在厨房♥了
long before I was awake.
烹调的香味就像我的闹钟
The smells of cooking were like my alarm clock.
丘奇先生可以做出任何你想吃的东西
Mr. Church could make or bake anything you wanted,
甚至是你不知道自己想吃的
and even things you didn’t know you wanted
直到你尝过它们
until after you tasted them.
我从未见过丘奇先生用量匙
I never once saw Mr. Church use a measuring tool
或任何酷炫的器具
or any fancy utensil.
只有他的双手 和刀叉
Just his hands, fork, and knife.
快 宝贝 我们要赶不上巴士了
Come on, baby. We’ll be late for the bus.
哦 我又找到一个了
Oh, I’ve got a winner.
这是夏丽喜欢的牙膏
This is the toothpaste that Charlie likes.
嗯 我看完这本书了
So, I finished this one.
我还是不明白为什么他们不能在一起
I still don’t see why they couldn’t be together.
下次 我可不要再看那么悲伤
Next time, I want a story that’s not going to make me
纯真年代
的故事了
cry my eyes out.
有些作家不把读者弄哭是不会高兴的
Some writers ain’t happy till they made the reader cry.
而有些读者不哭还不满意呢
And some readers ain’t happy till they do.
我看着丘奇先生离开
I’d watch Mr. Church leave,
不用几个小时
knowing that in just a few short hours,
他又会载着一袋袋食物回来
he’d return with bags and bags of goodies to explore.
哦 宝贝 -没事 我接住了 没事
Oh, baby! -I got her. I got you, I got you.
没事吧? -我接着呢 没事
Are you okay? -I got you. She’s okay.
我的天 谢谢你 让我来弄这些东西吧
Oh, my God. Thank you. Let me get this stuff here.
谢谢你 丘奇先生 -没什么
Thank you, Mr. Church. -It’s okay.
到处是玻璃碎
Yeah, there’s glass everywhere.
注意脚下 -让我
Watch where you’re stepping. -Let me–
小心 不 让我来
Watch out. No, I got it.
让我来 夫人
I got this, ma’am.
让我 我会收拾好的
Let me– I’ll take care of this.
好吧 谢谢
Okay, thank you.
哪个孩子会喜欢割到手?
What child would like to get cut?
丘奇先生
Mr. Church.
我想借一本书 可以吗
I’d like to check out a book, if that’s okay.
要我给些建议吗
How about if I make some suggestions.
这故事有点长 但很值得一读
Now, this is kind of long, but it’s worth the journey.
我自己就看过好几遍
I read it a couple of times myself,
你不需要小心翼翼
so you don’t got to be gentle with it.
书就是要看破旧
Books was meant to be broken in.
晚安 亲爱的
Good night, my dear.
三个火枪手
三个火枪手
金银岛
伊索寓言
草原小屋
双城记
老人与海
黑骏马
夏洛特的网
基♥督♥山伯爵
红花侠
自始至终
And through it all,
我都不知道丘奇先生
I never knew about the promise
对理查德的承诺
Mr. Church made to Richard.
不知道妈妈命不久矣
I never knew Mama was dying.
我一直被蒙在鼓里 直到很久以后
I never knew anything until much, much later.
我唯一知道的是 在我10岁那年
The only thing I knew at ten years old
我醒来的那天早晨
was that one morning I woke up
我们有了一个厨子
and we had a cook.
另一件事是
And one other thing.
他本来6个月后就会离开
He was to be gone in six months.
但6个月
But six months…
变成了6年
…turned into six years.
结果原来妈妈才是那个奇迹
Turns out Mama was a miracle.
她牵制住恶毒的癌症
She boxed that mean, old cancer
每天奋勇抗击
every day, giving it lefts, rights, uppercuts.
在此期间 我从不知道她在与病魔作斗争
And all the while, I never knew she was in the ring.
嘿 夏丽
Hey, Charlie.
嗨 -欧文
Hi. -Owen, is it true
史蒂维不邀我去毕业舞会是因为
that Stevie hasn’t asked me to the prom
他的哥们不同意吗
because his folks don’t approve?
我一无所知
Don’t know anything about it.
听说他邀了诺拉·威廉姆斯 因为她是声名狼藉的处♥女♥
I heard he’s taking Nora Williams because she’s a notorious virgin.
我告诉过老姐别按喇叭
Ugh, I told my sister never to honk.
她就是想让我丢脸
She just can’t help embarrassing me.
我恨不得马上18岁
I can’t wait till I’m 18.
那我就能离开这个鬼地方
I can get away from this stinking place.
陪你走去车站?
Walk you to the bus?
好啊
Sure.
你真要读完这些吗
Are you really going to read all these?
已经看完了 只是拿去归还而已
I already did. Just returning them.
你妈妈怎么样
How’s your mom doing?
她很好
She’s fine.
今晚来看比赛吗
Coming to the game tonight?
我晚上不太能外出
I can’t really go out at night.
从来没有吗
Not ever?
即使毕业舞会也不行吗
Not even for, say, prom?
你愿意和我一起去吗 夏丽

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!