You used to love string!That was before,
那时我是在和绳子巨头的儿子约会
when I was dating the son of a wealthy string magnate!
可现在,我丈夫只有一幢濒危建筑的一半产权
Not now,when I am married to the half-owner of a worthless deathtrap!
我还以为,你会为我坚持自己的立场而高兴
I thought you’d be happy! I stood up for myself today!
爱普丽,我有办法经营工厂
April, I’ve got new ideas for the factory.
我有一个大计划
You know, I’ve got big plans!
你不知道你现在拥有的只有计划吗?
Don’t you see, Lars?That’s all you’ve ever had are plans.
而我却要错过我的生活,我需要的不只这些
But my life is passing me by, and I need more!
中产阶级没有前途,我会活不下去
There’s no air in the middle class, Lars.I can’t breathe here.
求你,爱普丽,别走
Please, April, don’t go.
我哪都不会去
I’m not going anywhere.
眨眼之间,很多人的快乐假期就给破坏了…
In a few brief moments, the joy of the holidays was shattered
世界发生了改变
and the world changed for many people.
克里克市长今天下午4:30在医院不治身亡
Mayor McKrinkle died this afternoon at 4:30 p.m.
医生声称他正式的死因是…
at Our Lady of Sorrows Hospital.
市长新换的心脏起搏器失效导致的
Doctors here say the official cause of death is heart failure due to the Mayor’s recent culinary disaster.
一度风光无限的餐馆…
And once the hottest restaurants on the wharf, Chez Ernie has been condemned and…
对不起,我没说要给三明治加浆果
Excuse me, I’m sorry,I don’t think I ordered my cheese sandwich with capers.
我们通过莱斯利·莱因哈特了解最新消息
We go live to Leslie Reinhart for more updates.
抱歉
I’m sorry
该悲剧的反面人物是厄尼·史曼兹…
If there is a villain in this tragedy, it is Ernie Smuntz.
厄尼,你又上电视了
Hey, Ernie. You’re on the TV again!
什么?
What? Oh.
知道这叫什么?我来告诉你吧…
You know what this is? I’ll tell ya.
妄加指责 -不要浆果
Guilt by accusation. – No capers.
不要浆果?可这只有烤芝士啊,有哪不对?
No capers?But that’s just grilled cheese. What’s the point?
他们懂不懂怎么吃?
Why don’t they eat out of a trough?
是哪个笨蛋把我的三明治退回来的?
All right, which one of you palateless sheep sent my sandwich back?
嗨,厄尼
Hi, Ernie!
拉尔斯?
Lars?
当我在厨房♥工作时
When I’m in the kitchen, I cook.
不可能将所有的事都控制好
I can’t control every single thing that goes on in there.
大家都指责你,这确实不公平
You know, it really isn’t fair for everybody to blame you.
你没做错 -没错,可社会总有人背黑锅
You didn’t do anything wrong.Yes. But society always needs somebody to persecute,
一个被妖魔化的替罪羊,和伽利略同样遭遇
a scapegoat, someone to demonize. The same thing happened to Galileo.
真的吗?太难以置信了
Really? That’s unbelievable.
一只蟑螂就等于一切?
With a cockroach and everything?
不,重要的是,我把一切都投入了餐馆
No.The point is, I put everything I had into that restaurant.
我生活吃住都在那
It was my livelihood and my home.
一场不幸的灾难就把一切全带走了
In one fatal bite, it was all taken away from me.
能卖♥♥掉工厂就好了
If only we could sell the factory.
我想让你一起住,可爱普丽把我赶出来了
I’d let you stay with me, you know, but April threw me out.
太糟了 -是啊,但不用为我担心,厄尼
Oh, that’s too bad.Yeah, well, don’t worry about me, though Ernie.
这是暂时的,爱普丽向来是这样
This is temporary.April’s been like this since high school.
她会回心转意的… -看到没有?
She’ll be back. I…Would you look at that?
睡在大街上,真可怜
Sleeping in the street. Pitiful.
要是我有房♥子就会睡在里面
If I had a house, I’d sleep in it!
厄尼,还记得我们小时候多亲密吗?不
Ernie, do you remember how close we were as kids? -No.
嘿,圣诞快乐
Hey! Merry Christmas!
我也曾风光过
Yeah, I was on top once, too.
落到这步田地只要够倒霉就行,宝贝,倒霉
But there’s only one way to go from there,and that’s down, baby, down!
厄尼
Ernie.
厄尼,厄尼,这可是二十五美分
Ernie, there was a quarter in there.
25美分?你真是眼光短浅
A quarter? You think so small, Lars.
♪ 平安夜来到♪
♪ Christmas Eve will find me♪
看远一点,你没家,没老婆,没钱…
Look at the bigger picture.You have no home, you have no wife, you have no money.
没本事,这些你怎么能视而不见?
You have no discernible talents. How can you ignore that?
厄尼,今天是圣诞节
Ernie, it’s Christmas.
♪ 我要回家过圣诞 ♪
♪ I’ll be home for Christmas♪
我们应该为我们拥有的东西而感激
Instead of dwelling on what we don’t have,we should be thankful for what we do have.
♪ 哪怕只是在我的梦中都好♪
♪ If only in my dreams♪
真是破烂不堪
What a dump.
真不敢相信老爸从没跟我们提过这房♥子
I can’t believe Pops never told us about this house.
太大了
It’s huge.
这房♥子正如我所料
This is just the kind of house I’d expect him to have.
就象他,冰冷而诡异
It’s just like him. Cold and spooky.
你感觉到没有?什么?
Did you feel that? – What?
一股寒意,你不该那样说老爸
I got a chill.You shouldn’t talk about Pop like that.
是吗?那你觉得这个怎么样?
Really? What’s this do for you?
感谢你的一无所有,痴迷于绳子的老傻瓜
Thanks for nothing, you string-sucking old loon!
他不是有意的,爸
He didn’t mean it, Pop.
厄尼,厄尼
Ernie! Ernie!
只有一张床,我们掷硬币决定吧
Only one bed. I’ll flip you for it.
人头
Heads.
厄尼
Ernie?
厄尼,厄尼
Ernie. Ernie.
你睡着了吗?是的
You asleep? – I was.
这种情形你怎么能睡得着?
How can you sleep through that?
怎么了?我什么都没听到
What? I don’t hear anything.
听,听到没有?是从楼上发出的声音
That.Listen. Hear it? It’s coming from upstairs.
樟脑丸
Mothballs.
嘿,滚开,嘿
Hey, stop it! Hey!
厄尼,厄尼
Ernie. Ernie.
等等,等等,闭嘴,闭嘴
Wait. Wait a minute. Stop. Stop!
看,看,看,看,只是个玩具
Look. Look, look, look.It’s only a toy.
闭嘴
Oh, shut up!
声音在那
It’s coming from up there!
一,二,三
One, two, three!
是只老鼠 -什么?
It’s just a mouse. – What?
只是一只老鼠,别担心
It’s just a mouse. Never mind.
嘿,这里有些海报
Hey, there are some posters up here.
站稳
Stand still!
是设计图 噢
They’re blueprints. – Wow.
等等,看这日期,是1876年
Wait a minute. Look at this date, 1876.
一幢有百年历史的房♥子应该还值点钱
A centennial house could actually be worth something.
这一定是建筑师的签名
Look, this must be the architect. Here, look.
查理·劳勒·拉鲁
“Charles Lyle LaRue.”
查理·劳勒·拉鲁
“Charles Lyle LaRue.”
查理·劳勒·拉鲁?
“Charles Lyle LaRue.”
查理·劳勒·拉鲁
“Charles Lyle LaRue.”
查理·劳勒·拉鲁
“Charles Lyle LaRue.”
查理·劳勒·拉鲁
“Charles Lyle LaRue.”
我确实是站在拉鲁传闻中的设计当中
I’m actually standing in the missing LaRue!
粗犷而不失细腻 -古典而不失新意
It’s bold yet subtle. – Classical yet non-traditional.
是拉鲁的设计
The missing LaRue.
他被拘禁前完成的设计,不再只是传言
The rumored design completed shortly before his committal is a rumor no more.
被拘禁之前?
Before his committal?
真高兴他能在被带走之前,让这里完工
Well, I’m just glad he finished the place
那你觉得,象这样华丽的建筑价值是多少?
So, what do you think a magnificent edifice like this is worth?
在翻修之后
Properly restored, of course.
他的帕尔马灵骨堂值六十万…
Well, his Parma Charnel House went for six…
但那是十年前,而且造型没这么精致
But that was 10 years ago,
的确找不到够好的造型
and it didn’t have this exquisite molding.
听到没有,六十万 -厄尼
I see. I can’t get enough of good molding.Did you hear that? $600,000.
亚历山大·菲科
Alexander Falko!
让开
Back!
两位,祝贺你们
Gentlemen, congratulations.
祝贺你们的发现,我是拉鲁的超级仰慕者
Congratulations on your find. I’m a great admirer of LaRue.
水杯给我 -菲科先生是头号♥拉鲁收藏家
Glass of rainwater, please.Yes, Mr. Falko was the world’s leading collector of LaRues.
象收藏邮票一样,只不过要大得多,对吧?
Sort of like collecting stamps,but they’re bigger, right?
这么说吧,我有拉鲁的书,和他的信件
I’ll get to the point. LaRue. I have his books and his letters.
看到这双鞋了吗?
You see these shoes?
拉鲁的?-不,但我相信他会喜欢
LaRues? – LaRues?No, but I’m sure he would have loved them.
拿素食来…我拥有…
Vegetarian snack. I own
42幢他设计的房♥子,我想让这数字变成43
42 LaRue houses, 42. I want to make it 43.
告诉我怎样才能达成心愿
You tell me how I’m going to do this.
告诉我我该怎么做,帮帮忙,我该怎么做?
Tell me how I will do this. Help me. How will I do this?
愿意效劳
Well, I’m glad you asked.
他的帕尔马灵骨堂值六十万
His, Parma Charnel House went for six,
但那是十年前,而且造型没这么精致
but that was 10 years ago and it didn’t have this molding.
象这样的在今天的价值应该翻番了