露茜,你在吗?
Lucy, are you there?
露茜
Lucy-Lu!
你在吗?
Are you there, or aren’t you?
露茜
露茜
Lucy.
我不在家
I’m not home.
好的,回电给我。我迟些再找你
Okay, call me back. I’ll try you back in a little while.
噢,呀,呀
Oh yeah, yeah. Yeah. Oh.
究竟仍在录音还是已经断线
I don’t know if this thing is still recording or if I got cut off.
仍在录音吗,露茜?
ls this thing still recording? Lucy?
对不起,我办不到 不要停
I’m sorry. I can’t. – Don’t stop.
露茜,好的,我收线了 我没了冲动
Lucy. Okay, okay. Okay, I’m gone. – I lost it. I lost it.
来吧,露茜 好的,拜拜
Come on, Lucy. – Okay, bye.
我没了冲动
I lost it.
我数天前发了个新的梦
I had a new dream a couple of days ago.
我回家想进屋,锁匙在门锁断开
I come home and try to get in but my key breaks inside the lock.
我望进窗,你在我的床上睡觉
I look through the window and I can see you in my bed sleeping.
我从后门进屋
I go in through the back door
走向你,闻到你的呼吸
and walk up to you and smell your breath.
是另一个女人的母乳味,不是我的
It smells of another woman’s breast milk, not mine.
而床弄湿了
And the bed is wet.
你尿了床,我开始哭
You’ve wet the bed and I start to cry…
因为我没清洁白床单替换
because I don’t have clean sheets to make it fresh.
对不起,我没心盯着你
Sorry, I didn’t mean to stare.
我叫柏高,你是嘉云吧?
Paco. Karen, right?
卡娜把你的名字告诉我
Clara told me your name.
卡娜?
Clara?
她还说了什麽?
What else did she say about me?
没有
Nothing else.
她总有时间跟人闲谈
She always has time on her hands to be talking to someone.
所以工作很糟糕
That’s why her work stinks.
是你还是他的主意?
So, was it your idea or his?
不要多心,我只想你支持
Oh, please don’t, okay? I just need your support on this.
我明白,我只想知道是谁的主意
Oh, well see, I was just wondering whose idea it was.
是我的主意,可以了吗?
It was my idea. Okay?
你奶奶会激到爆
Your mother-in-law is gonna blow a gasket…
她的皇帝仔抚养陌生人的孩子
her prince raising the child of a stranger.
你呢?
What about you?
你会爱这BB吗?
Are you gonna love this baby or no?
暂时BB仍未出世
Well, there is no baby to speak of yet.
下一步是什麽?
What’s the next step?
我们星期三跟那女人见面
We are meeting a woman on Wednesday.
她怀孕六个月
She is six months pregnant.
她现在决定放弃BB?
And she’s just now deciding to give up this baby?
不,她好像已拒绝了几对夫妇
No. Apparently she’s already turned down a few couples.
回绝?
Turned down?
谁有决定权?论道理,你是帮她
Who’s approving who? There’s an argument that you’d be doing her a favor.
没有所谓谁帮谁
Nobody’s doing anybody a favor.
知道吗,任何一方也想致胜
Okay, everybody stands to win.
这世代什麽事也要计算
You know there is so much positioning for everything nowadays.
做妈妈应该简单得多
Motherhood should be something simpler than that.
对不起,露茜
I’m sorry, Lucy.
我说话没经大脑
That was a horrible thing to say.
对不起,我是傻瓜,请原谅我
I’m sorry, Lu. I’m an idiot. Forgive me.
求你,对不起
Please, I’m sorry.
噢,你真系好难顶
Oh, you really wear me out.
我们安排了较好的办公室给你
Ah. We gave you one of our better offices.
我做了什麽得到这待遇?
And what did I do to deserve it?
没什麽,但我们期望很高
Nothing, but we have high hopes.
应该的
As well you should.
有问题吗?想知道的事?
Any questions? Concerns?
没有
No.
明晚在马杜有欢迎晚宴,知道吗?
Welcome dinner tomorrow night, Mistral, 8:15. You know it?
知道
Sure.
到时见
See you there.
工作怎样?
How’s work?
很好
It’s good.
有新的训练项目
There’s a new training program…
跟化疗的康复者工作
to work with people who are recuperating from chemotherapy.
他们问谁人想参加,我报了名
They asked if any of us wanted to participate, and I said yes.
让我们受薪学习新东西,好极了
So, they’re paying us to learn something new, so that’s good.
有个新来的治疗师
There’s a new therapist.
是个男人,跟我同龄
He’s a man, oh he’s my age.
身型几大只
He’s a little heavyset.
头发开始变灰白
He’s graying, you know?
他很友善
He’s friendly.
所有人也喜欢他
Everybody likes him.
小心你自己,嘉云
Watch yourself, Karen.
不要自我堕落
Don’t set yourself up for falls.
好的,现在压向我的手
Alright, now press up against my hand.
是了,现在放开
That’s right. Now let it go.
非常好,就这样,可以吗?
Very good. Just like that. Okay?
艾美
Amy.
你来了
Here you go.
大情圣来了
Oh, here comes Valentino.

Hey.
我们一开始有点搭错线
I feel like we got off on the wrong foot.
为什麽这样说?
Why do you say that?
那天你好像有点沮丧,当时…
Well you seemed a little upset the other day when…
你不熟悉我,没资格说我是否沮丧
You don’t know me well enough to know if I was upset.
做得好,嘉云
That was good work, Karen.
我回家前有点时间
I have some time before I have to be home.
我会喝杯咖啡
I’m getting a cup of coffee.
可以跟你去吗?
Do you mind if I join you?
没问题
Alright.
要些什麽?
You folks ready?
黑咖啡,麻烦你
Coffee, black, please.
我也是
Same for me.
谢谢
Thank you.
另外,我还要苹果批 好的
You know what? I’ll have the apple pie, too. – Okay.
总是戒不掉苹果批
Can’t seem to stay away from apple pie.
你应该小心变肥佬
You should watch your weight.
是的
Yeah, I should.
你在诊所工作了多久?
So, how long have you been at the clinic?
六年半了
I’ve been there six years, six months.
2004年4月11日新上班
April 11th, 2004 was my first day.
记性真好
Good memory.
是的,之前在城西记念医院
Yeah. I was at Westside Memorial for eleven years before that.
听说那地方很不错
Westside, I hear that’s a good place.
我跟上司合不来
Yeah well I didn’t see eye-to-eye with my supervisor.
她工作马虎,要我为她补镬
She was sloppy and she needed me to pick up the slack for her.
我烦够了,直接跟她说
I got tired of it and I told her so…
她炒了我
and she had me fired.
不够热的
This is cold.

Oh.
那麽你呢?
So what about you?
我搬来这里五个月,从湾区来
I’ve been down here like five months now. I’m from the Bay Area.
当了治疗师四年
Been a therapist for four years.
之前在汽车公♥司♥开车
Before that I drove for a car company.
我离了婚
I’m divorced.
我是祖父,你想像到吗?
I’m a grandfather. Can you imagine?
女儿玛琳今年28岁,有对孖胎
And my daughter Melissa, she’s 28, she has twins.
虽然是意外…
They weren’t exactly planned but…
但可以怎样?她开心,仍住在那里
what can you do? She’s happy. She still lives up there.
你还想知道什麽?
What else would you like to know?
没必要互相盘问,这不是约会
We don’t have to interrogate each other. This is not a date.
盘问这个词太严重了
Interrogate’s a harsh word.
你一个人住吗?
You live by yourself?
不是
No.
有什麽好笑? 没什麽
What’s so funny? – No, nothing.
对着你,我总说错话