You were right.
若上帝想我当妈妈
If God wanted me to be a mother,
祂会让我当妈妈
He would’ve made me a mother.
露茜,我从没这样说
Oh Lucy, I never said that.
收养根本就违返自然
The adoption thing is just so unnatural.
为什麽从没人说过?
Why doesn’t anybody just say it?
爱达,我可以进来吗?
Ada, may I come in?
请进 谢谢
Please. – Thank you.
露茜
Lucy…
我不埋怨她
I don’t blame her.
若没必要,那有妈妈会放弃骨肉
What mother would give up her child when she doesn’t have to?
露茜,有另一个BB
Lucy, there’s another baby.
噢,天呀
Oh for god’s sake.
先听我说 不了
Now just hear me out. – No.
是个BB女
It’s a baby girl.
她现在没有亲人
Now she has no one.
迟些有人会敲我们家门取回她
Until that no one comes knocking on our door to take her away.
这不会发生的 你最好离开
That’s not going to happen. – I think you’d better leave.
妈
Mom.
有其他人原定要领养她吗?
Is this baby intended for somebody else?
不,没有
No. Absolutely not.
当然有轮候者,但,听着…
Now there are waiting lists, but, look…
你已办理了手续,若你愿意
it’s already arranged, if you want it.
她的妈妈在哪里?
Where’s the mother?
她没任何亲人
There is no one.
没有,明白吗?
There isn’t, okay?
有情况会没有亲人,现在就是了
Sometimes there is just nobody, and this is one of those times.
露茜
Lucy…
这女孩
this little girl…
你今天跟她相遇
you’re crossing paths with her today.
若你放弃,机会不会再来
If you let it pass, it will be gone forever.
好的
Okay. Okay. Okay.
好的
Okay, okay.
她睡了
She’s down.
但不会久
That won’t last.
可能吧,等着瞧
Maybe not. Let’s wait and see.
妈,我要怎样?我♥干♥不来
Mom, what am I gonna do? I can’t do this.
会捱过的
It’ll pass.
我不爱她
I don’t love her.
你当然爱她
Yes you do.
你只是睡眠不足
It’s lack of sleep, girl.
你不应该…这不是你的本性
You shouldn’t… You’re not yourself.
当她…
When she’s…
她像这东西,我床上的东西
She’s like this thing, she’s this creature in my bed…
我非常生她的气
and oh, I’m so angry at her.
为什麽?
For what?
她控制了一切
For taking over everything.
日以继夜
Day and night.
不断要我
It’s me, me, me.
她只想:喂我、洗白白、抱我
She just wants, feed me, and clean me, and hold me.
我照做,但她只是喊
And I do, and she just cries anyway.
他妈的,她以为自己是谁?
Who the fuck does she think she is?
真该死
Well I’ll be god damned.
以为自己是第一个女人凑BB?
Do you think you’re the first woman who ever had a baby?
你没预算是这样的吗?
What the hell did you think this was gonna be?
不要发该死的牢骚
Stop all the god damn whining…
做翻个大人
grow the fuck up…
做好本份
and get your act together.
做个母亲
Be the mother.
一年后
one year later
这封信在档案找到,但没编号♥
This envelope was found in the files, no file number on it.
谢谢
Thank you.
没有名字之类? 没有
No name, nothing? – No.
我很讨厌这样
Oh, I hate to do this.
有出生日期
We have a birth date.
好极
Great.
在这里
There it is.
把它存入档案 是的
See that it gets into the file. – Will do.
谢谢
Thank you.
伊娃
Evette.
嘉云
Karen…
多谢你前来
thank you so much for coming in.
发生什麽事?
What’s happening?
请坐下
Sit down, please.
不了
No.
发生什麽事?
What’s going on?
这封信是给你的
This letter is for you.
她写的? 是的
It’s from her? – Yes.
噢
Oh.
你见过她吗?
Did you meet with her?
没有
No.
她必定跟我的一位同事谈过
She must’ve spoken to one of my coworkers.
嘉云,恐怕已过了一段时间
And Karen, I’m afraid it was a while ago.
信件被搁置了
The letter was misplaced.
我真的非常抱歉
I’m very sorry about that.
什麽?
What?
她已逝世超过一年
She’s been dead for over a year.
有个女,BB女
There’s a daughter, a baby girl.
被人收养了
And, she was given up for adoption.
就这样
That’s it.
完结了
That’s the end.
你为什麽要我去找她
Why did you make me look?
若不是发现她死了
Until I found out that she was dead,
对我来说,她一直活着
she was alive to me.
现在她依然活着
She would be alive to me now.
嘉云
Oh, Karen.
她妈妈同意让你见她
The mother has agreed to let you see her.
星期六下午
Saturday afternoon.
他们叫我提醒你
Now they’ve asked me to remind you…
法律上,你不能要求领回BB
that you have no legal claim over the baby.
因为法律上,伊莎不是你的女儿
Now legally Elizabeth was not your child…
因此没权要求领回BB
and so you have no claim over her children.
之前已尽了力
Also, a good faith effort was made…
公布伊莎的死讯,寻找亲人
to publish the news of Elizabeth’s death, and to look for her relatives.
用什麽方法?
What kind of effort?
登在本地报纸和省的网页
In local newspapers and on the county web page.
没人出现
Nobody came forward.
噢
Oh.
孩子会知道我是谁吗?
Will the child know who I am?
这由她妈妈决定
That’s up to the mother.
这次之后,还可以探她吗?
Will I be allowed to visit her again, after this time?
我不知道,她没责任的
I don’t know. She’s not obligated to.
别想太多,先去见她再算
Don’t think about that, Karen. You’ll meet her, you’ll see how it goes.
这是地址
This is the address.
女孩的名字是爱娜
And the little girl’s name is Ella.
噢
Oh.
向嘉云说拜拜
Can you say bye-bye to Karen?
懂得说拜拜吗?
Can you say bye-bye?
拜拜 拜拜
Bye-bye. – Bye-bye.
噢,锡锡
Oh, kisses.
你没事吧?
You okay?
真的?
Really?
她遗传了我妈妈的眼睛
She has my mother’s eyes.
是好事,对吗?
That a good thing, or?
是的
Yes.
谢谢 谢谢你
Thank you.
我从没见过你
I never saw you…
剪新发型
with a new haircut…
穿新鞋子
with new shoes.
你第一次经期是什麽时候?
When was your first period?
有人帮你吗?