It’s a date. So, we’ve got the bird whisperer
真是约会 好吧 我们把鸟语专家…
confirmed for Tuesday? Yes.
排到了周二? 确定了
Great. And… Al Green on the plaza Wednesday.
很好 还有周三请歌♥手阿尔·格林来
Two songs. OK.
唱两首歌♥ 好的
And Colleen, do you want to do the interview between the songs?
柯琳 你想在两首歌♥中间采访吗?
No, let me.
你觉得我像么
Yeah, I’ll do it.
算了 我来采访
OK. Mike, so we have this great story on children’s water safety.
好的 麦克 我们有儿童水上安全的报道
That’s the… Not my thing.
那… 不合我的口味
OK, how about a rundown of the new shows on the fall television season?
那么评点一下秋季的新节目?
Oh, yeah. That’s a no. OK.
想得美 没戏 好吧
The boom in organic farming. Very hot topic right now.
生态农场的兴起? 可是热点话题啊
That’s newsy, right?
有点新闻价值吧?
What do you want me to do? Fire another anchor?
我能怎么办? 再辞掉个主播?
Then we’re gonna be stuck with that guy who counts with his hooves.
再把那个拿脚数数的变♥态♥请回来?
Colleen can’t do every story that’s not hard news.
柯琳不可能包揽所有的非严肃类新闻
It’s Mike Pomeroy. He’s a legend. What am I supposed to tell him?
他是麦克 他是传奇人物 我该怎么和他说?
There she is. What? Oh, hi.
说来就来 怎么? 哦 你好
Interesting, Jerry hired you.
真有意思 杰瑞雇佣了你
No polish. No pedigree. Those bangs.
没背景没资历的新手 还梳着刘海
What was he thinking?
杰瑞当时怎么想的?
Just wondering.
搞不懂啊
He’s a peach. Yeah.
他是刀子嘴豆腐心 希望如此
Coming soon to Daybreak,
接下来的《早间新闻》
one of the most legendary newsmen of all time.
迎来了新闻史上的传奇人物
Soon, he’ll be bringing his experience to morning television.
他将给早间节目带来厚重的新闻阅历
Let Mike Pomeroy show you the world
在您早上喝第一杯咖啡时
over your first cup of coffee!
让麦克带您了解世界!
Oh, for Christ’s sake. What? What, what, what is it now?
我的老天 怎么了? 这次又怎么了
It’s embarrassing. I mean, what’s in the briefcase?
有损我形象啊 我拿个公文包太傻了
What do you mean? What? Special anchorman papers?
你什么意思? 装着主播的稿子?
It doesn’t matter. My lunch? Where am I going?
没关系的 还是午饭? 我这是往哪儿跑
We’ve been over this eight times! I’m running to nowhere.
都排练了8回了你才这么说? 我就像个无头苍蝇
I look like a jackass! No… Yes, you do.
大傻冒一个 不是 算了 你是很傻
You know, whoever gave you promo approval was smoking crack!
敢给你拍广♥告♥的人 肯定当时嗑药了
I want to meet that person. I was mopping the floor
我必须和他谈谈 我当时是和彼得·詹宁斯
with Peter Jennings at the time. I want to have words with…
在路上聊天 我必须要找摄影师…
I could have had hookers and eight balls written into my contract.
我没把买♥♥♥春♥和台球也写额外要求里 算你走运
How nice for you. over your first cup of coffee.
原来你已经高抬贵手了啊 “早上喝第一杯咖啡时”
Why do we have to mention that first cup of coffee? Why not just say,
说什么第一杯咖啡? 干嘛不直接说
“Watch Mike Pomeroy before your morning dump?”
“你早上拉屎之前先看一眼麦克? ”
One of the most legendary newsmen…
新闻史上的传奇人物
So for the fashion segments, I think it’s important that we interpret
报道时尚话题的时候 一定要注意
runway trends for our viewers…
要替观众考虑
because they’re not all six foot and size zero.
毕竟她们不是T台上的瘦高模特
Man, he’s cute. I went to Yale with him.
他可真帅 是我的耶鲁大学同学
Shut up. You did not.
真的假的 我不信
Everyone was madly in love with him.
他可是万人迷
Actually, just me and every single person I knew.
其实也就我 和所有单身的女性花痴罢了
Can we just? His dad was editor of Newsweek.
继续好吗 他爸是《新闻周刊》的编辑
His mom’s family is rich as hell.
妈妈家里也是富的流油
They own like Tupperware or something.
特百惠连锁品牌好像就是她家的
He rowed crew for Yale when they won the national championship.
他是耶鲁划船队的 当时得了全国冠军
Hi.
你好
You know him? No. Yeah, well, yes, I mean, I…
你认识他? 不算吧 也就混个脸熟
Yes. Don’t you think he’s smokin’?
算认识吧 他是不是帅绝人寰?
Smokin’. Yeah.
帅毙了? 是啊
I don’t know, I don’t know. Let me see. I don’t know.
我不知道啊 我 说不准
Not a hard question. He’s walking away.
这可不是刁钻问题 他走了
So jeans and belts.
也选平常的牛仔裤和腰带
You have a rash or something spreading on your neck.
脸和脖子都红了哎
Well, you know, I asked him to do a piece on Trump.
我让他做富翁特朗普的报道
And he actually picked up my Diet Coke and hurled it across the room.
他抓起我的可乐 从屋子那边就砸过来
Wow, he picked it up. Just missed me. He did.
肯定还捡起来吧 是啊 没打着我
I asked him to cover a bumper crop of cranberries
我原来让他报道酸莓的大丰收
and he slapped me in the face.
他直接给我来一耳光
He did? It’s true.
真的? 是啊
Really? Of course, he was drunk off his ass.
是么 当然他当时醉糊涂了
Adam!
亚当!
Hi. Hi. How are ya?
你好 你好吗
I’m good. Hi.
不错 你好
You never called me! I’m sorry.
你怎么不回我电♥话♥ 抱歉
We… I was… I’ve been workin’ a lot.
我… 近来工作很忙
Well, maybe I’ll see you at Barton’s regatta party on Saturday.
希望能在周六的巴尔顿家 划船派对上再见到你
Great, great. OK, great.
好的 很好
Yeah, cool.
说定了
Sorry, I was just… That’s OK.
打扰了 我有点… 没关系
Absolutely fine. That’s fine, fine.
真的没关系 没事没事
Bye. See you later.
再见 回头见
Yeah. So, anyway,
好的 那个… 说到哪了
the reason that I came by tonight,
我今晚过来的原因是…
was because I don’t really know that many people who know Mike,
因为我认识的了解麦克的人不多
and I thought, that, you know, I could get your professional feedback.
想着能有专业人士的指导会更好
My feedback? Yeah, you know.
我的反馈意见? 是啊
I mean, ’cause I’m actually new in town and I don’t…
我是说 我人生地不熟
Come on. No, please.
别见外啊 让我付账吧
have that many work contacts, so…
没那么多工作上的朋友关系 所以…
Great. So… we’ll be contacts?
好的 那咱们算工作关系?
That would be great.
那样最好
Well, you can never have enough of those.
在外靠朋友 越多越好
No, you can’t.
是啊
So, definitely be seeing you around.
那我们回头再聊
OK. OK.
好的 好
Shit.
搞砸了
OK. Good rehearsal. Good stuff.
彩排效果挺好 不错
So let’s just alternate the voiceover intros of the headlines.
咱们试着换一下新闻播报的风格
OK. And then adlib.
好的 还有即兴解说部分
So, let’s say, for example, we’re doing a story about, I don’t know,
好吧 假设我们要报道…
a midterm election. But we won’t.
国会的中期选举 才不会
Because the morning shows don’t do news.
咱这早间节目不播严肃新闻
Pompous. That’s really interesting. That’s a different color for you.
哎呦喂 你这一面的性格还真是少见
That’s… OK, and you two should just sort of,
那… 你俩应该…
you know, banter back and forth a little bit.
轻松点 互相打趣
Banter, from the Latin word, meaning “to gibber like a moron?”
打趣这词在拉丁语的本意是”像傻子一样胡扯”
Just, you know, talk about the headlines.
说说对当前新闻的看法
That’s… that’s what I mean.
别太正经就好
I’m not gonna sit here and rehearse like I’m in summer stock.
我可不想彩排戏剧似的呆在这儿
I’ve been on the air for 40 years, for Christ’s sake.
40年的经验可不是吹的
I think I know how to ad-lib.
我当然知道即兴解说怎么弄
The spill began when the tanker was damaged
加斯顿海港外 在恶劣天气下
in heavy seas outside Galveston.
油船在海上损坏后开始泄漏
Knock, knock.
打扰一下
Can I come in?
我能进来吗
I just wanted to say,
想跟您说
you know, good luck.
祝您好运
Colleen’s Pap smear.
柯琳报道的子♥宫♥检查新闻
A television classic.
可是电视上的传世经典啊
Are you drunk?
你喝醉了吧?
Insufficiently.
还没醉透
Current weather conditions are complicating efforts
现在的天气状况也使得清理…
to contain the… – That’s my chair.
不容乐观 那才是我的位子
What?
什么?
That’s where I belong. There.
我应该坐在那儿播报 那儿
authorities have asked the federal government…
专家建议联邦政♥府♥…
Took it away from me, those motherfu…
把我给挤走了 这帮狗♥娘♥养♥的…
I think maybe you should just go home…
我觉得你应该回家去…
See this? Yes. What is that?
看这个 嗯 是什么
Forty-year-old Bruichladdich.
40年窖藏的布莱迪纯麦威士忌
I only drink this when I’m practically suicidal.
当我想自杀的时候才喝这酒
OK.
好吧

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!