How is that possible?
水准还没到底吗
Look, you must have someone under contract.
肯定能找到还在合约的人
A local anchor, a reporter. I’ll find someone.
本地的主播或者记者 我也找找看
I’ll promote from within. That’ll be great for morale!
从自己人里面招 对士气大有好处
Go nuts. Find somebody great. It just can’t cost me a penny.
忙活吧 找个牛人来 不过我是不掏钱
What if I gave them one of my three pennies?
要不我把微薄工资分点给他们?
Whatever it takes. Just get the ratings up.
随你便了 把收视率提高才是要紧事儿
Lenny, hi. Yeah. Very positive. He thinks we have terrific options.
列尼 好消息 他说我们可以放开手脚
plunge from 200 points right before closing.
收盘前从200点大跌
Analysts fear that this… He’s not bad.
分♥析♥师担心这… 还不赖
Yeah, he’s OK. Put a saddle on him, he’s good to go.
看着还成 带上马掌就能当马骑了
are not happy. – Should we watch 86 again?
不容乐观 再看看86号♥带子?
I got to get home, see the kids, or the wife is gonna kill me.
我得回家陪小孩了 老婆发飙可惹不起
You have kids?
你还没小孩吗?
What? No.
什么? 没有
No? Husband? Boyfriend?
没有? 老公? 男朋友?
Me? What? No.
我? 别提了
No, I’m sorry. Stupid question. You know…
抱歉 我这么问不太好 我其实…
You’re hideous and repulsive.
你这丑八怪肯定没人要
You know what? Forget 86.
呵呵 别管86号♥录像了
I think that we should watch the Miami guy again, ’cause he was, I mean,
还是再审查一下迈阿密的这家伙 我觉得他…
you know, he was a little bit tan, but I think…
虽然有点黑 不过…
I think that we could wipe that off, it’s probably
应该能恢复 可能是…
just one of those self-tanner things. I could, you know, fix that.
他自己故意晒的 应该能恢复
Good night.
晚安
Hey, look. It’s Mike Pomeroy’s fangirl.
这不是麦克·波默罗伊的女粉丝么
Hello. Hey.
你好 好啊
That was you.
是你啊
That was really embarrassing.
上次我确实太冲动了
I may need to have you killed.
差点把你也拉下水
I’m… I’m Becky Fuller. Sorry.
我… 叫贝琪·福勒 抱歉
“Becky Fuller” Becky Fuller?
“贝琪·福勒” 就是你?
The one who took out McVee? You’re a legend already.
第一天就开了麦克维? 你已经被传为佳话了
Thanks. I’m Adam Bennett.
谢谢 我叫亚当·贝尼特
I’m a producer upstairs at Seven Days.
我是楼上《七天新闻》的编导
Hello. So you lookin’ for a new anchor?
你好啊 你要找新主播么
Yes. Not that guy.
是啊 这人不行
You can’t use that guy. That’s the horse guy.
别选他 马脸小生一个
He’s not too bad. I mean, as long as we leave our hand flat
还成了 手心张开
when we feed him a carrot.
拿胡萝卜诱惑一下就行
Well, good luck, Becky Fuller. Thank you, Adam Bennett.
那祝你好运了 贝琪 多谢了 亚当
Need any help? No. I’m good. Thanks.
需要帮忙么 不了 谢谢
The sports guy from St. Louis is not bad. Let’s watch him again.
圣路易斯的体育播音还不赖 再看一遍他的节目
No, we need some gravitas. We need people to trust us.
我们需要个有气场的主播 能给观众可信的感觉
I mean, if news breaks on the air, we need to be able to cover it credibly.
有突发新闻直播时 能够严肃准确的采访
What, do you actually think that we can cover breaking news?
怎么 你觉得我们有水平做突发新闻?
God, that’s adorable. Thousands gathered today
还真是童心未泯啊 今天 数千人…
to see if the tiny buck-toothed creature would spot his own shadow.
等着看这暴牙小动物能否… 看见自己的影子
But the sad tooth is, according to Punxsutawney Phil,
不过 它提供的口实看来
this bitter winter is far from over. Back to you, Mike.
冬天早结束不容乐观 请麦克继续报道
What?
怎么了?
Yesterday, the Secretary of State held a top-level
昨天 国务卿举♥行♥了高级会议
State Department security brief… What’s funny?
国♥务♥院♥安全例会… 什么这么好笑?
You put Seabiscuit back in? But we agree that Hezbollah
又看马脸小生呢? 黎巴嫩真♥主♥党…
has shown a willingness to continue to attack.
有继续袭击的打算
Becky? Can I call you back?
贝琪? 我回头打给你?
…lsraeli incursions.
以色列人的渗透
What steps are you taking to limit these Hezbollah retaliations?
对于防止真♥主♥党的报复 您采取了什么措施?
You have Pomeroy under contract, right?
波默罗伊还和我们签约呢 对吧?
Yeah. He was supposed to do stories for one of our magazine shows.
是啊 他本来应该做深度报道节目的
Yeah? We couldn’t use anything he pitched.
是吗 他要的新闻题材我们做不了
Nothing? An eightpart story
都不行? 联♥合♥国♥报道…
on the United Nations. An interview with a Pashtun warlord.
分上八个专题 采访巴基斯坦的普什图族军阀
A piece on microfinance in Asia? It’s all been so tempting.
亚洲的小♥额♥贷♥款♥的现状? 题材都这么给力
Jerry! So we’re just paying him to sit there.
杰瑞! 我们就这么花钱让他无所事事?
Wait. But he must have millions on his contract.
等等 他的合约可能有上百万了
You have a world-caliber news man with nothing to do!
这可是世界级口才的新闻主播 就干耗在那里?
Becky, this is… No, Pomeroy has reported
贝琪 这… 在过去的三十年里
on every major story of the last three decades,
他可是报道过所有重大新闻事件
with integrity and courage!
诚实而且有魄力
I mean, he was the only anchor to go down to Ground Zero on the day.
他是唯一敢去危险现场的主播
His Q ratings, I looked at them, they’re unbelievable,
他的人气和身价还那么难以置信
and you’re already paying him. I have to go. We’ll discuss this.
而且你已经雇佣他了 有人叫我 咱们回头聊
I…
我…
I want to look at his contract!
我得看看他的合同!
I’m sorry. I’m so sorry. Hi.
抱歉 抱歉 你好
I need your approval to look at his contract.
我需要你的许可才能查看他的合同
Please.
求你了
Hi.
您好
Hi.
好啊
I’m Becky Fuller and…
我是贝琪·福勒…
We actually met the other day in the elevator.
那天在电梯里见过面
And what the hell are you doing here?
你又过来给我捣乱?
I’m the producer of Daybreak…
我是《早间新闻》的编导
and we’re actually looking for a new anchor.
我们需要一位新的主播
Then why are you here?
那你更找错人了
Well, it’s funny that you should ask.
其实你该问我…
Go away.
给我走开
OK, just hear me out, because the show actually has a lot of potential.
听我说 这节目还是很有潜力可挖的
We’re starting over basically,
我们打算重新包装
and with an anchor as esteemed and respected as yourself…
需要您这样自信有威望的主播
You’ve been a journalist your whole life, ever since
您一生都在做记者
your elementary school paper, The Beaverton Bee.
从您的小学作文《比弗顿的蜜蜂》就开始了
I mean, you’ve got to miss it. You…
机会难得 现在的节目对您来说…
News breaks, it must just kill you
实在是大材小用
not to be out there. Morning shows don’t do news.
委屈您了 早间节目算新闻吗?
Jesus, Daybreak. Half the people that…
《早间新闻》收看你们节目的一半观众
watch your show have lost their remote.
是因为遥控器丢了换不了台
The other half are waiting for their nurse to turn them over.
另一半观众是等着护士来翻身的截瘫病人
If I wanted to come back, I could have any job I chose.
我要选的话 什么节目会不要我?
But you can’t work on another network for another two years.
可按规定 两年内您不能去其它的新闻网
So I’ll continue to enjoy my life on IBS’s dime.
那我就安心享我的清福好了
All right, I didn’t want to have to do this.
那好吧 是你逼我用这招
I looked at your contract. What?
我看过你的合约了 什么?
With the lawyers. My contract?
找律师帮忙了 我的合约?
You’re right. They do have to pay you for the last two years of your contract.
是啊 他们是必须付给你两年的薪水
Unless six months have elapsed
除非有连续6个月
without you appearing on the air in any capacity.
你没有参与任何节目的播出
Then, if the network offers you an official position
然后 如果新闻网给你新职位
and you don’t take it, they can terminate your contract
你还拒绝的话 他们可以终止合约
and the six million dollars that you have left on it.
你的6百万工资就泡汤了
So, here’s me with an official offer.
所以 我带来了新职位邀请
Mike Pomeroy, the IBS network would like to offer you
麦克 IBS新闻网请您…
the position of co-host of Daybreak.
做《早间新闻》的合作主播
You’re joking. No.
你开玩笑吧 没有
Actually, I’m not.
真的没说笑话
Do you have any idea what’s going on in the world?
世界上发生着那么多重要事件
And you want me to do stories about baked Alaska?
非让我去报道什么阿♥拉♥斯加州的干旱?
After the career that I’ve had?
这不折磨我么?
You just need to have an open mind.
您想开点就好了
Open mind. I mean, yes, the morning news
想开点 是啊 早间新闻…
has a wider range of stories… A wider range?!
其实覆盖面很广 广个屁!
Your program is in the news department, you cretin!
这是新闻节目 你个白♥痴♥!
News is a sacred temple.
新闻是严肃体面的
And you’re part of the cabal…
就是你们这些菜鸟 拿些狗屁
that’s ruining it with horseshit!
把新闻弄得乌烟瘴气
That’s not actually fair.
您这么说有点过分
Because the first half hour of a morning show is a damn fine news broadcast.
前半部分还是相当高质量的新闻播报
Sure, we cover news and entertainment.
当然我们也报道娱乐圈
That’s everything a newspaper has ever done.
报纸也这样做啊