He was not a happy person, let’s face it.
实话实说 他不是个乐观的人
When he saw you aim high, he started to feel better about himself,
我看他对你期望高些 心情也好点
so I never said anything. What are you saying?
就没多说什么 妈妈你什么意思
You had a dream, you know? Great.
有梦想是好事儿
When you were eight, it was adorable.
8岁时有梦想 大人们觉得你可爱
When you were 18, it was inspiring.
18岁时 还算鼓舞人心
At 28, it’s officially embarrassing.
28岁时谈梦想 丢不丢人啊
And I just want you to stop before we get to heartbreaking.
我希望你在撞得头破血流之前就停下来
The troops are involved in projects…
军队曾参与了各种计划…
Waiting arrival…
等候到达…
On my BlackBerry, it shows that you got my e-mail,
我手♥机♥上显示你收到了我的邮件
so I was just wondering if… Yeah, it shows when someone’s opened it.
我在想… 是啊 有邮件回执的
Hello?
喂?
Becky Fuller. Yeah.
贝琪·福勒 是的
I wanted to make sure that you got the resume that I e-mailed you.
我想确认一下您收到了我的简历
You did. Great.
收到了就好
Becky Fuller again. I was just wondering if…
贝琪·福勒再次打扰了 我在想…
Yes, I did call yesterday, but I updated my resume last night
我昨天是打过电♥话♥ 不过昨天晚上更新了简历
and thought you might…
我觉得您可能会…
I’m calling because I was checking up on the position
我想打电♥话♥问一下职位的情况
and I was wondering if it had been…
是否已经被…
Hi, Becky Fuller. Hi.
你是贝琪·福勒吗 你好
Hi, this is Jerry Barnes calling from IBS in New York. How are you?
我是纽约IBS台的杰瑞·巴恩斯 你好啊
Good. Terrific. Listen, I’m calling
您好 很好 我打电♥话♥…
’cause I received your resume, all five of them, actually.
是因为收到了你5份简历了
And it just so happens,
碰巧的是
that we’re looking for somebody at the moment.
我们现在正在招人
I’ll take it.
我接受工作
Well, wait, I haven’t told you what it is yet.
等等 我还没说职位情况呢
Sorry. Well, our morning show
抱歉 我们早间节目…
has a vacancy and so… I’ll take it!
有空缺职位… 我接受!
We’re interviewing a bunch of people. Maybe you can come in
我们正面试候选人员 希望你能来…
and we can have a talk. Sure! Absolutely.
当面聊聊 当然可以
Just tell me where to go and who to talk to.
麻烦您告诉我地点和接待人
OK, I’ll get you an e-mail with the details of where we are in the city.
我发邮件给你说明详细情况
Sorry! And shall we say 3:00?
各位抱歉了 定在下午3点?
Thank you, thank you!
谢谢 谢谢!
Oscar says you’re very talented and you work incredibly hard.
奥斯加说你聪明又非常勤奋
Says you’re the most promising producer that he’s ever fired.
是他辞掉的最有前途的节目编导
Well, that’s, that’s good. I think.
那… 太好了
So you’re a fan of our morning program?
你平时看我们的节目吗
Yeah, I think it has so many… Yeah, yeah, we know it’s terrible.
是啊 有很多的… 明白 节目很烂
Perpetually in fourth place behind the Today show, Good Morning America
稳定排在第末位 就在《今天》《早安美国》
and that thing on CBS, whatever it’s called.
和哥伦比亚公♥司♥CBS的什么节目之后
It’s a source of constant humiliation.
这事儿长♥期♥被同行拿来开涮
Last year, in the network softball league, the CBS team wore hats
去年 CBS台在垒球节目直播时
that said, “At least we’re not Daybreak.”
笑话说”还好我们不是《早间新闻》”
The anchors of the show are difficult and semi-talented.
节目主播脾气大 水平还就那样
I think Colleen Peck is a pro. Heinous.
柯琳·派克是专业播音 扯淡
Paul McVee is a fine reporter. Foul.
保罗·麦克维是很好的记者 烂透了
OK. Is Daybreak a shitty show? Yes.
你说《早间新闻》很烂? 是不好
But it’s on a network. And not just any network.
不过至少是在新闻网上播出 还不是一般的新闻网
This is one of the most legendary news divisions in the entire history
是电视历史上最传奇的新闻网
of television! Daybreak just needs someone who believes in it,
唯一需要的是对节目有信心的编导
who understands that a national platform is an invaluable resource,
懂得利用好覆盖全国的平台资源
that no story is too low or too high to reach for!
做出怎样出色的新闻都不为过
Are you gonna… sing?
你是不是还要唱歌♥伴舞?
Look, Mr. Barnes. Jerry.
请您 你听我说…
Daybreak’s facilities are antiquated.
《早间新闻》的设备都老掉牙了
It’s understaffed, underfunded. And the pay.
人手和资金都不够 工资没吸引力
It’s awful, about half
是你原来节目《你TM还好么》…
of what you made at Hey, How The Hell Are You, New Jersey?
薪水的一半?
You’ve never been an executive producer. You’re too young.
你从没做过总编导 还这么年轻
Nobody’s ever heard of ya. And here, your education, three, not four years,
行业里面没名气 加上你这学历 3年 4年
at Fairleigh Dickinson in Teaneck,
在地方的福雷迪森大学毕业
also known as Fairly Ridiculous. Did I miss anything?
人称野鸡大学 我说的不对么
Daybreak needs what I need,
《早间新闻》需要的 也正是我努力的目标
someone who believes that it can succeed.
一个对节目充满信心的编导
Trust me, I know you don’t have any reason to believe in me,
我简历很单薄 不过请您相信我
but I work harder than anyone else.
我比任何人都更加努力
I’m in first, I’m out last.
我早出晚归
I know a shitload more about the news than someone whose daddy paid them
比那些老爸掏学费的抽烟胡扯的…
to smoke bongs and talk semiotics at Harvard
哈佛富二代懂的多得多
and I devote myself completely to my job. It’s what I do.
我绝对是全身心投入工作
It’s all I am. I…
我工作有原则
You can ask anyone.
您可以问我的同事
Well, that’s… embarrassing.
这么努力… 还混这么惨
OK.
好吧
Thanks for the tour,
多谢您带我参观
and… thanks for… for…
也谢谢…
Thanks.
谢谢
It’s these buttons right here.
按钮在这儿呢
Oh, lobby. Yes, thanks.
哦 到大厅 多谢
Good day so far?
今天过得还不错?
I don’t think so.
不太走运
I talked too much. Ruined it.
我话太多了 搞砸了面试
Damn it.
我靠
Sir.
您好
I am such a huge admirer of yours.
我是您的超级粉丝
I’m a… I’m a big, huge fan. I…
对您的景仰如滔滔江水…
My whole family watched you, growing up. I…
我全家看您的节目连续好多年了
Of all the anchors, you were, by far, the greatest reporter.
您是有史以来最好的新闻主播
I mean when you were in Kosovo, I was in Kosovo.
您在科索沃的报道 让我们身临其境啊
She work for you? No.
她是你手下? 不是
I’m just here to teach her how to use the elevator.
我刚教她怎么用电梯来着
Are you done?
说完了没?
Yes, I’m sorry. I’m so sorry.
抱歉 我太激动了
May I?
让一下好吗
Oh, God, sorry. I…
天哪 抱歉…
Of course, of course.
当然当然
Oh, my God, I can’t believe I just met the…
我的天 真没想到我碰到了…
Wait a second. You know him. Yes, I do know him.
等等 你认识他 是啊 我认识
He’s the third worst person in the world.
他可是世界上人品倒数第三的人
Hello? Becky Fuller.
喂? 贝琪·福勒?
Yes? You sure you can do this job?
是我 你确定你能胜任吗
Yes.
我肯定
You start on Monday. Thank you.
那周一来上班 谢谢
Yes, I am calling about the one-bedroom.
我打电♥话♥问一下单间的情况
Yes, I’m moving into town. I’ve got a new job.
我要搬去纽约 换了那里的工作
I’m extremely neat and tidy.
我很注意房♥间卫生的
In summer camp the kids used to pay me to make their beds.
暑期夏令营 孩子们都雇我铺床的
Yeah. Sorry, that was an overshare.
抱歉 我一高兴嘴就没把门
No loud music. No kids.
不听摇滚乐 也没小孩
I don’t even have a boyfriend. Just me.
连男朋友都没有 单身一个
I’ll take it. I’ll take it, I’ll take it.
我租下了 我租定了
Sorry!
抱歉!
Sorry!
抱歉!
Sorry!
抱歉!
Also, we’ll have more on the flooding in Iowa.
稍后有爱荷华州洪水的后续报道
Finally, some good weather news on the way for those folks.
最后的天气预报会给那里的灾民 带来好消息
So please join us tomorrow and thank you for spending
欢迎您明天继续收看
your morning here at Daybreak. Take care, everyone.
和《早间新闻》相伴 祝好 观众们
Are you interviewing at Daybreak? Goodbye.
你是来面试《早间新闻》的? 再会
Assistant? Intern?
助理? 实习生?
No. Actually, I’m the new executive producer.
其实不是 我是新来的总编导
Another one?
又换了一个?
Don’t unpack.
估计你也呆不长
Miss Fuller? Lenny Bergman, Senior Producer.
福勒小姐? 我是列尼·伯格曼 高级编导
Yes. I know who you are.
是啊 我了解您
You started out at WABC. You were at CBS for two years
纽约WABC台之后在哥伦比亚广播公♥司♥两年