who stick to a successful formula
宝儿成名后,会故意改变风格
when they get it, Bowie, when he does,
deliberately changes direction, and puts on yet another face.
然后又换上另一张脸孔
相信我
♪ Believing me ♪
我真的靠纯粹的野蛮冲动继续闯下去
DAVID: I really sort of go in just pure, barbaric impetus.
我确实会对某些事无比热忱
I do get fired up for something
而那种热忱并不完全是理智的
and it’s not all cerebral at all, by any means.
大部分都是纯粹的本能
A lot of it is pure instinct,
因为我知道我发现了 以前没有发现的东西
and knowing that I’ve found something
that I haven’t found before.
有时候,我觉得我的脑袋很大
(slurring speech) Sometimes I think my head is so big
因为它充满了梦想
because it is so full of themes.
我是个 DJ
♪ I am a D.J., I am what I play ♪
我播的歌♥就代表我
不能回头,不可以转身
♪ Can’t turn around no ♪
♪ Can’t turn around, no, oh, ooh ♪
我是个 DJ
♪ I am a D.J. I am what I say ♪
我说的话就代表我
不能回头,不可以转身
♪ Can’t turn around no, can’t turn around, no, oh no ♪
我是个 DJ
♪ I am a D.J., I am what I play ♪
我播的歌♥就代表我
我有信徒
♪ I’ve got believers ♪
相信我
♪ Believing me, oh… ♪
你现在要做什么?你要回家睡觉吗?
INTERVIEWER: What are you gonna do now?
是的…嗯,我不知道
Are you going back home to bed?
DAVID: Yes. Well, I don’t know.
我有心情便可能会 写点东西或画点东西
A bit in the mood to probably do a little writing
or painting or something.
你画画是用大画布还是小画布? 还是用图纸?
INTERVIEWER: You’re painting in large canvases?
Or small canvases? Or drawings?
相当大的画布,用压克力颜料
DAVID: Yes. Quire large, acrylics.
我也做了很多雕塑
I’m doing a lot of sculptures as well.
用聚乙烯 和基本的、实用的东西
A sort of polythene and essential functional things.
你为何那么有创意,大卫?
INTERVIEWER: Why are you creative, David?
我认为这与想要找到一个
DAVID: I think it has something to do
with wanting to find the place where I can kind of set sail
可以让我启航的地方有关
我想找一个 即使知道自己到达大海尽头
and know that I won’t really fall off the edge of the world
也不会掉出世界边缘的地方
when I get to the end of the sea.
我发现它与我所感知的现实 有一种令人陶醉的雷同之处
I find it an intoxicating parallel
to my perceived reality.
我不确定我在工作时,是否在表达想法
I’m not sure that I’m manifesting ideas
when I do my work.
我就是有这些取之不尽的
It’s just this inexhaustible supply
of extracurricular thoughts
天马行空的想法
那些想法对生命的存活没有用处
that I have that don’t actually apply
to the survival of life,
我也不太确定如何处理它们
and I’m not quite sure what to do with them.
他曾是我的老大 而他也是个傀儡舞者
♪ He used to be my boss and now he is a puppet dancer ♪
我是DJ,而且我有信徒
♪ I am the D.J., and I’ve got believers ♪
我有信徒
♪ I got believers ♪
我有信徒
♪ I got believers ♪
我有信徒
♪ I got believers, believing me… ♪
相信我
我是个 DJ
所以,与其被牵制
DAVID: So rather than be pinned down,
我一向是快速完成一样作品 然后开始另一样
my momentum was to hit and run very fast.
一旦我宣称已完成了某事
Once I’d done something,
我便会放下,继续前进
and said it, drop it and move on.
[ASHES TO ASHES SONG]
我现在身处任何地方都有归属感
DAVID: I feel quite at home in just about anywhere now,
即使是短暂性的
on a temporary basis.
你大部分时间都在哪里度过?
INTERVIEWER: Where do you spend most of your time?
“大部分时间”是什么意思?
DAVID: Again, what is “most of one’s time”?
去年,我去过伦敦、纽约
Over the last year, it’s been London,
南太平洋、澳洲、非洲
New York, South Pacific, Australia, Africa…
我的生活本质 像个老派的披头族旅行者
The nature of my life
is one of an old-fashioned beatnik traveler,
而最重要的是
and more than anything else,
我很少花时间在音乐圈子里
I spend very little time in musical circles.
我花更多时间去不起眼的地方 去发展个中的社交生活
I spend more time discovering the social life
of rather obscure places.
我过得很快乐
♪ “I’m happy, hope you’re happy too ♪
希望你们也快乐
该爱的一切我都爱过了
♪ I’ve loved all I’ve needed, love ♪
我来说说丑陋的细节
a♪ Sordid details following” ♪
那片虚无的寂静令人难耐
♪ The shrieking of nothing is killing, just ♪
我只有几张合成的日本女孩照片,而我…
♪ Pictures of Jap girls in synthesis and I ♪
没有钱,也没有头发
♪ Ain’t got no money and I ain’t got no hair ♪
我想改变 但整个星球在发亮
♪ But I’m hoping to kick, but the planet it’s glowing ♪
尘归尘,疯克的继续疯克
♪ Ashes to ash, funk to funky ♪
我们都知道汤姆少校是个瘾君子
♪ We know Major Tom’s a junkie ♪
他飘到天堂那么高
♪ Strung out in heaven’s high ♪
撞进了人生的低谷
♪ Hitting an all-time low… ♪
这是你的应许之地,不是吗?
MAN: This is your promised land is it not?
有住处、食物、护理、保护
Roof, food, care, protection.
没错,特雷夫斯先生
DAVID: Oh, right, Mr. Treves.
我敢说你不知道该怎么称呼这里
MAN: I’ll bet you don’t know what to call this.
不,先生,我不知道
DAVID: No, sir. I don’t.
你该称这里为…家
MAN: You call it… home.
我从没有过一个家
Never had a home before.
你现在有了
MAN: You have one now.
说吧,约翰…“家”
Say it, John.
-家? -不,我指衷心说出来
-Home. -Home?
MAN: No, no. I mean really say it.
“我有一个家,这是我的…”来吧
“I have a home.
This is my–” Come on.
我有一个家
DAVID: I have a home.
这是我的家
This is my home.
这是我的家
This is my home.
我有一个家
I have a home.
我有家,我想拥有多久也可以
I have, for as long as I like.
那就是家的真谛
MAN: That is what home is.
我一直认为,到了这个阶段 我该已在某个地方安顿下来
DAVID: I had always thought
that by this stage I would be settled down somewhere
有房♥子、有庭院和一切
with a house and grounds and everything,
但我一直没这打算
but I never got to doing that.
从来没有,我从没买♥♥过房♥子
Never– I’ve never bought a house,
我仍然不打算去买♥♥
and I still have no intention to buy…
因为对我来说
because with me,
我的生活方式很大程度上也是…
the way I live is very much also part of the…
我创作的元素之一
what produces my work,
so I have to keep examining my life
因此我必须不断审视自己的生活 以确保自己不断在变化
to make sure that I am in constant change,
而且不会因执着于各种哲学 而变得过于傲慢
and not getting too bloated with philosophic opulence.
可不断地把零碎的东西扔掉
Keep sort of throwing bits and pieces away.
而去另一个国家可达成这目的
And by– to change countries is one way of doing that.
我不太确定现在该去哪里
I’m not quite sure where to go now.
Um, the East beckons me.
东方在呼唤我
我有点害怕搬到那里,你知道吗?
I’m a bit scared of moving over there, you know?
-日本? -是的,我…
INTERVIEWER: Japan?
因为我会深爱那种生活方式
DAVID: Yes, because I fall in love so much
然后变得太过放松
with the lifestyle that I’ll get very Zen about it.
[ALL THE YOUNG DUDES SONG BEING VOCALIZED]
请传达你的特别信息
JAPANESE INTERVIEWER: Please give us your special message
给我们节目年长或年轻的观众
to the audience of our program, “Young Oh! Oh!”
请看那部摄影机
Look at the camera, please.
不要浪费任何一天
DAVID: Uh, don’t waste any day. Don’t waste a minute.
-一分钟也不要浪费 -没错
INTERVIEWER: Yes.
大卫宝儿先生,再次感谢你,谢谢
[indistinct] Mr. David Bowie.
Thank you again.
[SPEAKS JAPANESE BRIEFLY]
我希望我们每个人的人生 都不是一成不变的
DAVID: I hope that none of us are kind of static
我想一个人从很小的时候 就已经形成了个性
throughout our lives.
I mean, I guess one has a formed personality
但那是经过调合的,是可以改变的
from quite an early age,
but it is tempered and subject to change.
我意思是,我们某程度上
I mean, we all to a certain extent
每天都在创造我们的生活、文化
create our lives and create our culture daily,
我们在一天的24小时里会去选领呔
as we live that 24 hours.
选个发型,或选张椅子
We’ll choose a tie, or a haircut, or a chair,
不仅仅是因为它的功能
not just because it’s functional,
而是因为对大多数人来说 它实际上反映着我们的个性
but for most of us
because it actually says something about us.
我某程度上达到了我很喜欢的状态
I still, you know, am sort of getting somewhere

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!