没有透露飞碟细节
is a language that can relate to that way of thinking.
是一种与这种思维方式相关的语言
我们的生活中有一个明显的概念 就是事物都有其既定形式
DAVID: We live within this manifested idea
of what should be form,
而我们力图在生活中避开混乱
and what we try and keep out of our existence is chaos,
但混乱却是 我们生活中非常真实的一部分
which is a very real part of our lives,
而我们拒绝接受 混乱是我们存在的一部分
and our refusal to accept chaos
as being integral to our existence,
我认为这是我们作为一个文明
I think, has been one of the greatest mistakes
所犯的最大错误之一
as a civilization that we’ve made.
作为一个艺术家 我的作品一直与过渡有关
DAVID: My work as an artist
has always been to do with transition.
在我们这个特定的时代 变化的本质和研究是最重要的
The nature and study of change
in our particular era is most important
因为自工业革命以来,我们的历史上
because never in our history
has there been such a rapid curve of change
从未有过如此迅速的变化曲线
since the industrial revolution.
我是个相当优秀的社会观察者
I’m a fairly good social observer,
我认为我囊括了每一个领域的…
and I think that I encapsulate areas
也许每一年左右
every, maybe every year or so,
我都会认定某个时间点
I tried to stamp that down somewhere,
认定那刻就是那年最重要的时刻
what that year is all about.
不是记下之前发生过什么 或以后会发生什么
Rather than what it was all about,
or what it’s going to be.
而是试图捕捉那一年的精髓
It’s very much trying to capture
the quintessence of that year.
我注意到现在的音乐更大胆了
INTERVIEWER: I notice that the music now
is more– more daring,
更冒险、更零碎
more adventurous, more fractured.
那会否有危险?若你顺从你的直
Is there a danger that by following your instinct,
你的审美直觉,或者你的艺术直觉
your aesthetic instincts,
你或会危及到… 危及到财富和美好生活等等?
if you like, your artistic instinct,
that you will jeopardize that?
You know, the money and the good life and all–
肯定会啊,福尔摩斯!
No shit, Sherlock.
会,我想我…
Yes, I think I– Yes, I think I rather sort of hit that one
会的,我此刻已发现个中问题
in the head at the moment.
Um, and it’s quite a relief, really.
而这是一大解脱,真的
我对自己所做的事感到更自♥由♥
I feel a lot more, um, free than what I do.
我只需要正面地作出决定 就是只做我想做的事
I just needed, it just needed a positive decision
to only do what I want to do,
而不是去做…
and not do things for the sake of what…
大卫宝儿或我上次的形象
either David Bowie or whoever I was playing last time,
那“瘦白公爵”之类的角色所该做的事
Thin White Duke or something, was expected to do.
我在柏林赤♥裸♥裸地生活
DAVID: I went naked in Berlin.
我真的试着把自己的生活简化到
I really did try and strip down my life
我认为是绝对基本的元素
to what I believed to be absolute basic essentials
那我就可重新建立起 我认为自己已失去的一切,你明白吗?
so I could build up again
everything that I thought that I’d lost, you know?
我想我真正做的
I guess I was– what I was really doing
是出于情感和精神层面
was doing that on an emotional and spiritual level,
但却在物质上表现出来
but you manifest it physically.
令人惊讶的是,我们想出了…
The surprising thing is, is that we came up–
我们以为自己只是要 进入一个发现和实验的过程
We thought we were just going to be into a process
of discovery and experiment
并从中产生一些非常虚无飘缈的东西
and had some pretty wishy-washy stuff come out of it,
但最终却很好地表达出
but what did come out of it was a pretty good statement
某种深奥性质
of some esoteric nature.
虽然难以确切说出那是什么信息
It was a bit hard to put one’s finger
on exactly what the information was,
但那很重要,而且很有趣 我认为那就是成功的音乐
but it was vital, and it was interesting,
and I think that’s successful music.
[HEROES SONG]

♪ I, I will be king ♪
我会成为国王
而你
♪ And you, you will be my queen ♪
你会成为我的王后
布里克斯顿著名的市集
尽管没有什么
♪ Though nothing can keep us together ♪
可以保证我们永远在一起
但我们可以击退困难
♪ We can beat them, forever and ever ♪
永永远远
我们可以成为英雄
♪ We could be heroes just for one day ♪
哪怕只是一天

♪ You, you can be me ♪
你可以尖酸刻薄
而我
♪ And I, I’ll drink all the time ♪
我会喝个烂醉
享用可♥卡♥因♥
因为我们是恋人
♪ ‘Cause we’re lovers, and that is the fact ♪
这是不可更改的事实
是的,我们是恋人
♪ Yes we’re lovers, and that is that ♪
吉坦斯牌香烟
就这么简单
尽管没有什么
♪ Though nothing will keep us together ♪
可以保证我们永远在一起
但我们可以击退困难
♪ We can beat them forever and ever ♪
永永远远
我们可以成为英雄
♪ And we can be heroes just for one day ♪
哪怕只是一天
声音制♥作♥

♪ I, well I wish I could swim ♪
我希望我能游泳
游得像海豚一样
♪ Like dolphins, like dolphins can swim ♪
像海豚般游泳
没有什么东西
♪ Though nothing, can drive them away ♪
可把它们驱离
我们可以击退困难
♪ We can beat them forever and ever ♪
永永远远
我们可以成为英雄
♪ Oh, we can be heroes just for one day ♪
哪怕只是一天
你觉得呢?
♪ What you say? ♪

♪ I, I can remember ♪
我还记得
我记得
BAND: ♪ I remember ♪
站立在
DAVID: ♪ Standing by the wall ♪
那城墙下
BAND: ♪ By the wall ♪
那城墙下
而那些子弹
DAVID: ♪ And the guns shot above our heads ♪
从我们头顶上掠过
头顶上掠过
BAND:♪ Over our heads ♪
而我们亲吻着
DAVID: ♪ And we kissed as though nothing could fall ♪
仿佛一切都不会倒下
一切都不会倒下
BAND: ♪ Nothing could fall ♪
我们微不足道
DAVID: ♪ And nothing and no one will help us ♪
谁也不会帮我们
或许我们在撒谎
♪ Maybe we’re lying ♪
那你最好不要逗留
♪ Then you better not stay ♪
但我们会过得更安全
♪ We can be safer just for one day ♪
哪怕只是一天
♪ Oh-oh-oh-oh ♪
♪ Oh-oh-oh-oh ♪
我们可以成为英雄
♪ We can be heroes ♪
♪ Oh-oh-oh-oh ♪
哪怕只是一天
♪ Just for one day ♪
♪ Oh-oh-oh-oh ♪
哪怕只是一天
♪ Just for one day. ♪
今天,大卫宝儿33岁了
REPORTER: Today, David Bowie is 33 years old.
他录制了17张摇滚唱片
He has recorded 17 rock albums,
制♥作♥了一个充满画作的画廊
produced a gallery full of paintings,
出演过两部剧情长片
acted in two feature films,
并且是唯一一位 在百老汇演出的摇滚明星
and is the only rock star
ever to act in a play on Broadway.
宝儿似乎从未停滞过
Bowie never seems to stand still.
当他对一种艺术形式 不再感到有挑战性
When he no longer feels challenged
by one art form,
他就转向下一种 然后再转另一种,再另一种
he moves on to the next, and the next, and the next.
大卫宝儿就像未学会走路 就先学会了跑步
It’s as if David Bowie learned to run
before he learned to walk.
[DJ SONG]
我到家了
♪ I’m home ♪
失去了工作
♪ Lost my job… ♪
大卫宝儿 《象人》
DAVID: You know, I’ve got a grasshopper sort of mind,
我的思想如蚱蜢般跳跃 我总忍♥不住要终结正在做的事
and I can’t resist bringing things
说“这作品已完成 现在我要开始别的了”
to a conclusion like saying, “Well that’s a piece in itself,
and now I move on to something else.”
你形容自己为“通才”,那是否…
INTERVIEWER: You described yourself as a generalist.
那个词给予我自♥由♥去做各种的事
-Is that– -DAVID: Yeah.
That’s a freedom– giving umbrella.
它让我有机会做任何我想做的事 不管是成功或失败也好
It gives me a chance
to do anything I want successfully
而且不受束缚
or unsuccessfully, without being tied down.
我想…我是一个通才
I want– I’m a generalist,
这是我用来描述自己的陈词滥调
is really sort of my cliche way describing myself.
大卫宝儿,普通百姓
DAVID: David Bowie. Rank and file.
33岁…通才
33 years old.
他与大多数 坚守当初那套成名公式的摇滚明星不同
Generalist.
ANNOUNCER: Unlike most rock stars

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!