I think, that are…
Makes us crave some kind of strange affection, you know?
很多时候 你会发现渴望得到大量感情的人
It’s sort of an…
Often you’ll find that the person
who craves a lot of affection
实际上并不擅长给予感情
actually isn’t terribly good at giving it.
广场酒店
这是否代表你要很大程度上抽离自己
INTERVIEWER: Does that mean you have to separate yourself
避免去堕入爱河、与其他人亲密交往?
quite a lot from, say, falling in love
and getting very involved with a person?
Um, oh no, I think, no.
不,不是…我认为恰恰相反
I think quite the reverse.
但是爱… 堕入爱河与一直爱着那个人是两回事
INTERVIEWER: But, love, falling in love,
is different from then going on to love that person.
是的,非常同意
Yes, it is. Yes.
而一旦你深爱一个人
And once you’ve loved somebody a lot,
代表你要与他们分享你的生活
it means that you’ve got to share your life with them.
不,我不认为 我认为你可以从远处爱一个人
-That’s what I really– -DAVID: No, I don’t think so.
I think you can love somebody from afar.
我意思是 若你以后决定不从远处去爱的话
But if you then decided not to love them from afar,
作为一个艺术家 你将不得不为他们放弃很多时间
you as an artist would have to give up
quite a lot of your time to them.
没错,而我做不到
Yes, and I can’t do that.
我就是想知道,你会否为他们放弃?
INTERVIEWER: That’s what I was wondering,
不,爱情不能妨碍我,因为它… 我觉得…
whether you did– whether you did that.
DAVID: No, no, no, love can’t get quite in my way,
because I feel– I shelter myself from it incredibly.
我笼罩着自己不受它影响
你是否觉得自己脱离了身体
Interviewer: Do you feel removed from the body and the feel
把自己抽离出 你对这星球产生的感觉?
that you create on the planet?
在我表演或写歌♥之前
DAVID: Until I’m performing or writing
我总觉得自己像个空壳
I mainly feel pretty much of an empty vessel.
当你表演或写歌♥时,你会感到充实?
INTERVIEWER: When you’re performing and writing,
是的,我没特别去感受
you’re fulfilled?
DAVID: I don’t particularly feel…
地面控制中心呼叫汤姆少校
♪ Ground Control to Major Tom ♪
地面控制中心呼叫汤姆少校
♪ Ground Control to Major Tom ♪
服下能量补充剂 戴上你的头盔
♪ Take your protein pills and put your helmet on ♪
地面控制中心呼叫汤姆少校
♪ Ground Control to Major Tom ♪
准备开始倒数、引擎全开
♪ Commencing countdown, engines on ♪
检查点火装置 愿上帝与你同在
♪ Check ignition ♪
♪ And may God’s love be with you ♪
地面控制中心呼叫汤姆少校
♪ This is Ground Control to Major Tom ♪
你创造了历史的新一页
♪ You’ve really made the grade ♪
报纸都想知你支持哪队球队
♪ And the papers want to know ♪
♪ Whose shirts you wear ♪
现在是时候离开太空舱 若你敢的话
♪ Now it’s time to leave the capsule ♪
♪ If you dare ♪
汤姆少校呼叫地面控制中心
♪ This is Major Tom to Ground Control ♪
我正走出舱门
♪ I’m stepping through the door ♪
我正用奇怪的方式漂浮着
♪ And I’m floating in a most peculiar way ♪
而且今天的星星看起来非常不一样
♪ And the stars look very different today ♪
在这里
♪ For here ♪
我待在船舱里
♪ Am I sitting in my tin can ♪
远在地球之上
♪ Far above the world ♪
地球如此的湛蓝
♪ Planet Earth is blue ♪
我却什么都做不了
♪ And there’s nothing I can do ♪
我音乐生涯中的很多变化
DAVID: Well, an awful lot of changes
with my musical career
都是对我自己的挑战
were challenges to myself.
我喜欢感受自己踏上新的领域
I have to feel that I’m stepping on new ground,
感受如履薄冰的感觉
that the ice beneath my feet is very thin.
我或会随时踩碎薄冰,然后掉进水里淹死
Any second, I could crack it
and just plunge through and drown.
我在洛杉矶时曾有一刻
I got to a point in Los Angeles
对自己写歌♥的方法感到非常厌倦
where I got very tired with my method of writing,
我想发明一种新的音乐语言
and I wanted to invent a new musical language.
我知道我必须去一个 与洛杉矶完全不同的环境
I knew I had to get to an environment
that was totally different to Los Angeles.
所以我想到了 我能想到最艰苦的城市
So I thought of the most arduous city
那就是西柏林
that I could think of, and it was West Berlin.
在柏林,人们根本不在乎你是谁
They don’t give an FA about who you are in Berlin.
摇滚界的名声在那里毫无意义
The trappings of rock and roll don’t mean anything to them.
所以我可四处走走 自己买♥♥食物,然后租一间小公♥寓♥
So, I could walk around, buy me own food,
and just lease a small apartment,
我真的租了,在一间汽车零件店上面
which I did above an automobile spare parts shop.
我没有所需的语言能力
I didn’t have the necessary verbal equipment
来描述我所看到的东西 那就是我需要帮助的地方
to describe what I was seeing,
and that’s where I needed assistance.
所以我联络了布莱恩伊诺
So, I contacted Brian Eno,
他绝对是现代音乐界中 触觉最敏锐的人之一
who is definitely one of the keenest brains
我说:“听着,布莱恩 我需要知道一些新的写歌♥流程
of modern music, and I said,
“Look, Brian, I need to know some new processes,
“和新的写歌♥方法
“and new methods of writing.
“请帮帮我,否则我不写了”
Please help me, otherwise I’m packing it in.”
我们开始在柏林的一个录音室
We started working on a series
研究一系列写歌♥的流程和方法
of processes and methods of writing in the studio in Berlin
以发明一种不同的语言学
to invent, a different kind of linguistics to work with.
面临选择时,两者都做
将旋律元素转化为节奏元素
更改乐器的角色
近来我做的大部分事情 都是在没什么准备的情况下进行的
Most of the things that I do these days,
I go in with very little preparation.
没有调节器,没有控制器
There’s no governor, no controller.
每首曲目都是用不同的流程编写
Every track is written with a different process,
由即兴地唱,到…
from spontaneous singing,
我不知道我要唱什么 也不知道要怎样唱
I didn’t know what I was gonna sing,
我只是站在咪高峰前 到像柏洛兹流派那种零碎的、预思过的
or how I was gonna sing it,
and I just stood in front of the mic,
right down to fragmented, pre-thought,
分♥析♥过、处理过的创作一样
analyzed and processed writings of Burroughs’ school.
那可能会触及 鲜少涉及到的情感领域
It probably touches areas of emotion
that aren’t normally dwelt upon
因为它们不是以 常规的情感思维渠道而达成的
because they’re arrived at other than
by the regular channels of emotive thought.
四、三,一、四
[SOUND AND VISION SONG]
二、一,三…
蓝色、蓝色、铁蓝色
♪ Blue, blue, electric blue ♪
那是我房♥间的颜色
♪ That’s the color of my living room ♪
是我即将生活的地方
♪ Where I will live ♪
蓝色、蓝色
♪ Blue, blue ♪
浅色的百叶窗终日闭拢
♪ Pale blinds drawn all day ♪
无书可读,亦无话想说
♪ Nothing to read and nothing to say ♪
蓝色、蓝色
♪ Blue, blue Pale blinds ♪
我将梦想着他方
♪ I will dream of other lands ♪
静候声音和视觉的馈赠
♪ Waiting for the gift of sound and vision ♪
近来我做的大部分事情 都是在录音室里进行的
DAVID: Most of the things that I do these days
are on the occasion of the studio.
我没怎么准备就走进去 然后说出构思
I go in with very little preparation,
还可能会做一些小实验
just throw ideas out,
and you might make little experiments sort of say,
例如“看,这里有五十秒
look here’s 50 seconds.
“在这五十秒内弹十个音符 但同一个音符不能重复”
play 10 notes on that 50 seconds
and don’t repeat the same note twice.
这听起来是非常容易做到的事
Now, that sounds like an awful easy thing to do.
的确是
Well, it is.
听着,你必须明白
See, you must understand,
这听起来非常乱来,确实也是
I mean, it sounds incredibly indulgent,
因为我想做的是
and indeed it is because what I’m trying to do
把摇滚乐的传统方式 以较新的技巧融合
is mold the traditional methods of rock and roll…
with newer processes.
试图寻找一种新的语言形式
Trying to find a new form of language.
你觉得你有影响他们的想法吗?
INTERVIEWER: Do you think you have influence
on their thinking, though?
没,而这就是我想用新音乐来做的事
DAVID: No.
And that’s what I’m trying to do with the new music,
去找一种新的语言,它不会…
is find a new language which doesn’t– it isn’t that–
它不是…它没有影像那种影响力
doesn’t have that kind of image influence.
你认为人们会理解那种语言吗?
INTERVIEWER: Do you think people will understand that language?
会,因为我认为人们… 尤其是城里的人们
DAVID: Yes.
Because I think people, especially in the city context,
思绪都很零碎
think in fragments.
城市人看到街上的牛奶广♥告♥
The city person will see a milk advert on the street,
会联想到 “牛奶…我们晚餐要吃什么?”
and be thinking “Milk, what’s gonna–
“男孩被巴士撞倒了 裂开的鸡蛋和匙羹”
“what are we gonna have for dinner?
“Boy getting knocked down by a bus,
那种…
crashed against a wall…” that kind of thing.
所以他可能在思考着 一千种不同的影像
So, he’s thinking in terms of,
在任何时间都是
maybe 1,000 different images at any given time.
而布莱恩和我正在制♥作♥的语言
And the language that Brian and I are sort of producing

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!