♪ You’re a porcupine ♪
你为了大把金钱,向我兜售幻像
♪ You sold me illusions for a sack full of checks ♪
你搞错了,因为我只想和你上♥床♥
♪ You’ve made a bad connection ’cause I just want your sex ♪
为我破碎吧,宝贝
♪ Crack, baby, crack ♪
让我看到你是真实的
♪ Show me you’re real ♪
尽情碰撞吧,宝贝
♪ Smack, baby, smack, is that all that you feel ♪
那就是你的所有感受?
♪ Suck, baby, suck ♪
吸吧,宝贝
埋下你的头颅
♪ Give me your head ♪
在你宣告你已征服了我之前
♪ Before you start professing ♪
♪ That you’re knocking me dead ♪
♪ Oh… ♪
留下来吧
♪ Oh stay ♪
就一天
♪ Don’t you dare ♪
♪ Oh yeah… ♪
你敢吗
♪ Don’t you dare ♪
♪ Oh yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah ♪
♪ Yeah… ♪
有些人认为
DICK: Some people thought–
有位女士说 “我不知道我是否想见他
There’s a lady who said “I don’t know if he’d be…
“他让我非常紧张 我感觉他迷上了黑魔法
if I’d want to meet him. He would make me very nervous.
I have a feeling he’s into black magic,
-“类似那些” -原来如此
and that sort of thing.”
而其他人认为你只是个老练的表演者
And other people see you as just a very skillful performer
时不时会转变,风格会有不同
who changes from time to time,
from one thing to another.
对,两者都是…
DAVID: Yeah. Well, both of that is–
刚才说的都是?
DICK: All of the above?
ROCK ‘N’ ROLL WITH ME (SONG)
你一直都知道
♪ You always were the one that knew ♪
他们为了你这样的人出♥卖♥♥♥我们
♪ They sold us for the likes of you ♪
除了新的环境,我什么都不想要
♪ I never wanted anything ♪
♪ But new surroundings ♪
租一个房♥间
♪ A room to rent ♪
看蜥蜴们因热浪而躺地嘶喊
♪ while the lizards lay lying in the heat ♪
你的童年是怎样的?
INTERVIEWER: What kind of childhood did you have?
-非常普通 -普通?
DAVID: Oh, incredibly ordinary.
-INTERVIEWER: Ordinary? -DAVID: Yeah.
-是啊 -在哪方面?
-INTERVIEWER: In what way? -DAVID: Well, I mean,
就很正常 我去上学、吃饭
it was regular. I went to school, I ate.
在郊区,你会有种印象 就是没什么文化是属于你的
DAVID: In suburbia, you’re given the impression
that nothing culturally belongs to you.
你就像在一片荒地上
That you are sort of in this wasteland,
我认为大多数
and I think there’s a passion for most people
有一丝好奇心的人 都有一种逃离和闯出去的渴望
who have an iota of curiosity
about them to escape and get out.
当你和我一起摇滚
♪ When you rock ‘n’ roll with me ♪
我不会想成为其他人
♪ No one else I’d rather be ♪
这里没有人可为我做这件事
♪ Nobody here can do it for me ♪
我又再落泪
♪ I’m in tears again ♪
当你和我一起摇滚
♪ When you rock ‘n’ roll with me ♪
和我一起摇滚
我有一位兄弟,他对年少的我很重要
DAVID: One of my siblings
meant so much to me in my early years,
他叫泰利
and his name was Terry, and he was my half-brother,
他是我的继兄,我妈妈的儿子
my mother’s son.
晚上好,水牛城的观众 很高兴来到这里
DAVID: Hey, hey, good evening, Buffalo.
It’s nice to be here.
他在我们家和另一个家庭来回生活
DAVID: He was living between our family and another family,
在我见到他的时候
and the periods that I did see him,
觉得他对这世界的好奇心 比我见过的任何人都多
it seemed to me that he had more curiosity about the world
than anybody I’d met.
而对我来说,第一件真正的人生大事
And the first real, major event for me was
就是他把凯鲁雅克那本《在路上》 给我
when he passed Jack Kerouac’s On The Road on to me,
那真的改变了我一生
which really changed my life.
他还会介绍我听约翰柯川之类的歌♥曲
And he would also introduce me to people like John Coltrane,
那些歌♥都超乎我想像
which was way above my head,
但我想读他读过的
but I wanted to read what he read,
想听他听过的
and I wanted to listen to what he listened to,
就像其他有哥哥的人那样
as one does with an older brother.
当你和我一起摇滚
♪ When you rock ‘n’ roll with me ♪
我不会想成为其他人
♪ No one else I’d rather be ♪
这里没有人可为我做这件事
♪ Nobody here can do it for me… ♪
泰利可能给了我
DAVID: I think Terry probably gave me a great–
有史以来最有用的教育
the greatest serviceable education
他向我介绍了主流以外的事物
I could ever have had.
I mean, he just introduced me to the outside things,
《魔法》
kinds of books, and kinds of music
各种的书、音乐和态度
而那些在我长大的地区都是不流行的
and attitudes that just weren’t
the currency in the area that I grew up.
然后他会离开很长时间
And then he would go away for long periods,
有一次,他离家加入了英国皇家空军
and one period he went away and joined the RAF.
他回来时 有非常明显的精神分♥裂♥症迹象
When he came back, he had very evident signs of schizophrenia,
然后他的余生都在医院里度过
and he stayed in hospital for the rest of his life.
[ROCK ‘N’ ROLL WITH ME SONG]
当你和我一起摇滚
♪ When you rock ‘n’ roll with me ♪
我不会想成为其他人
♪ No one else I’d rather be ♪
这里没有人可为我做这件事
♪ Nobody here can do it for me… ♪
那令我担心自己的精神健康,毫无疑问
DAVID: I think it made me worry about my own disposition,
无论我只是有古怪想法 还是我要去别的地方
and whether I just had eccentric ideas,
or whether I was heading somewhere else.
当你摇滚
♪ When you rock ‘n’ roll, rock ‘n’ roll with me ♪
和我一起摇滚
当你摇滚
♪ No one else I’d rather, I’d rather be ♪
我不会想成为其他人,不
这里没有人可为我做这件事
♪ Nobody down here can do it for me ♪
我泪流满面
♪ I’m in tears ♪
我落泪了,是的
♪ I’m in tears ♪
当你和我一起摇滚
♪ When you rock ‘n’ roll with me… ♪
♪ Oh yeah ♪
和我一起摇滚
♪ Rock ‘n’ roll with me ♪
♪ Oh-hoo yeah. ♪
我明白你有恐惧,因为家人有精神病
INTERVIEWER: I understand that you have a fear
because there was mental illness in your family,
所以你也怕会有精神病,对吗?
that you have a fear of mental illness. Is that true?
不,我发展出一套系统对抗它
DAVID: Um, no, I developed a system against it.
我认为这或已成为艺术治疗的一部分
I think that probably became part of the therapy of art,
而我很幸运
and I was fortunate enough to be able to
能表达我脑海中的任何影像
express any visions that I had in my head.
-没错 -很直接地表达
-INTERVIEWER: Yeah. -DAVID: Very outwardly.
逐渐学会不需要睡觉
DAVID: Gradually learning to do without sleep.
我们的生活像迷宫一样
DAVID: It’s a labyrinthine existence that we live,
所以对我来说 把各种本质上不相配的元素
and so it makes sense for me to put together
放进同一首歌♥里是合理的
elements in a song which
wouldn’t naturally be good bedfellows.
我想我是试图阐述 那些神秘的心灵角落
I guess I’m trying to articulate…
those mysterious corners of the mind
那里存在着我们不常触及的零星真理
where there exist grains of truth
that we don’t often touch on,
因为我们没有文字形容它们
because we don’t have the words to capture them.
所以我会写三、四个不同的主题
So, we’ll write on three or four different subject matters,
然后通过切割将它们整合在一起
and then integrate them together by cutting them up.
我用它来做得最多的事
What I’ve used it for more than anything else
就是激发我想像中的任何东西
is igniting anything that might be in my imagination.
我试着用日记之类的来做
I’ve tried doing it with diaries and things,
而我发现了一些美妙的事
and I was finding out amazing things about me
关于我、我所做的事 和我打算去的地方
and what I’d done and where I was going.
我做过的很多事情
A lot of the things I had done,
似乎都能预测到未来的事
it seemed that it would predict things about the future
或告诉我很多往事
and tell me a lot about the past.
阿姆斯特尔酒店
I suppose it’s a very Western tarot. I don’t know.
就像非常西式的塔罗牌
我不知道
Obviously, one is trying to always
显然,人们总在试图重新评估自己的个性
reevaluate one’s personality,
并去理解自己为何会那样
and understand why one works.
看着他奔向远处
我认为很多艺术家 都在面对寂寞和孤独
I think a lot of artists deal with loneliness and solitude.
摆弄怀中的旧花束 凋零的玫瑰
艺术家倾向以他与世界的关系 来审视这个世界
An artist does tend to examine the world
through his relationship to it,
因此这产生了一批 看起来非常内敛的作品
and so that produces
a very introverted looking lot of work.
我不感到孤独,我把它应用到作品
I don’t feel lonely. I apply that to my work.
我看我的作品时 能从中感受到一种孤独
I sense a feeling of loneliness from my work when I look at it,
但我不觉得自己是个孤独的人
but I don’t feel like a solitary person myself,
但我的作品似乎展露出这点
but it seems to show up in my work,
就像拍照然后冲洗底片时
and it’s like taking a photograph

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!