为何不会产生相同的感觉?
and produce exactly the same feeling?
而艺术总给我这种感觉
And art always does that to me.
你有什么嗜好?
INTERVIEWER: What are your hobbies?
该从何说起?
DAVID: Well, where would you like to start?
我会雕刻、画画、写剧本
Uh, I sculpt, paint, and write films.
《钻石狗》大卫宝儿编剧
我拍电视短片
Um, I make video television.
不是节目,而是电视短片
Not programs, but video television.
关于什么?我创作的艺术作品
-INTERVIEWER: Of what? -Um, art things that I do.
是实验短片,电影摄制艺术
Experimental video, and cinematography.
你现在创作的艺术如何? 那些雕塑如何?
INTERVIEWER: With the art now that you create,the sculpturings…
对,我有…以后会看到的
DAVID: Yeah, I have… you’ll see.
-是什么?影片?
INTERVIEWER: Is what… [indistinct]
-我经常拍影片,没错。经常随便玩玩
DAVID: I play with video, yes. I flirt an awful lot.
我又问了一遍,在过去几年里
I’ve asked again, over the last few years,
我再次与一种力量有共鸣
I’ve been identifying again with a force.
我不知道我会怎么…
I don’t know how I’m going to–
不知道结果会如何,
how it will end up for me,
但是…我无法确切地说
but, um, I can’t pinpoint it,
但我确实非常相信
but I do have a very strong belief in…
有一种力量 而我不知道它是如何运作的
in a force, and I don’t know how it works.
除我们之外,还有别的东西
What I mean is, there is something else other than us.
我只能这样形容它
That’s as near as I can get to it,
它甚至可能只是…
and it may even just be people on other planets
我想可能是其他星球的人
that I’m thinking about.
可能是上帝 可能是…我不知道它是什么
It may be God.It may be…I don’t know what it is,
但我明确感受到一种力量
but there’s a definite force that I feel.
就像还有别的东西 而我们只是个中一部分?
INTERVIEWER: Almost like there’s something else,
-没错 -超越我们的东西
-that we’re just a part of it. -DAVID: Yeah. Yeah.
我也有这种感觉
INTERVIEWER: That’s beyond us. That’s my feeling as well.
一直以来,对我来说 我猜对很多人来说
There’s always been, um, for me–
你都有某种超然物外的感觉
I guess for a lot of people– a certain sense of you
当然这感觉更强烈,因为…
that’s other-worldly. Um, and of course that’s…
[WARSZAWA SONG]
♪ Sula vie ♪
♪ Dilejo ♪
♪ Sula vie milejo ♪
♪ Mmm-omm… ♪
如果他屈服于恐惧 怎么能成为有用的人?
DAVID: Like anything useful,it’s all got to do with fear.
他好像断了手臂,警官
I think he’s broken his arm, sir.
他们不会在意,队长
They wouldn’t bother with it, Captain.
[QUICKSAND SONG]
我离金色曙光更近了
♪ I’m closer to the Golden Dawn ♪
沉浸在克劳利的制♥服♥
♪ Immersed in Crowley’s uniform ♪
浮想联翩中
♪ Of imagery… ♪
Ziggy是种伪装?
INTERVIEWER: Ziggy was a disguise?
他是我创造的角色 我想以此来拍电影
DAVID: He was a character that I created.
I wanted to make films…
我的生活就是一部默片
♪ I’m living in a silent film… ♪
而我将大部分想法转化为音乐形式
…and I transposed most of those ideas into music form.
梦境中的现实
你花了多长时间才表现出自我?
INTERVIEWER: How long is it gonna take before you’re all David Bowie?
噢,从来没有 我会跑去做别的事,你知道嘛
David: Oh never, you know.I’d run off into something else, you know.
我恐惧生死轮回之终结
♪ I’m frightened by the total goal ♪
将自己投入到破洞中
♪ Drawing to the ragged hole ♪
《改变》这首歌♥关于什么?
INTERVIEWER: What’s “Changes” all about?
就是改变啊! 有些人自行去…
DAVID: Changes.Someone putting themselves through
去经历各种实验,你知道
as much experimentation to, you know,
有点把自己当作一个实验
sort of treating oneself as a bit of an experiment.
我经常把自己置于困境中 去看自己如何应对
I put myself in predicaments to see how I’ll cope with them a lot.
尝试去强化自己
It’s sort of trying to strengthen myself.
我是嘉宝眼中的双面人
♪ I’m the twisted name in Goebbel’s eyes ♪
我是邱吉尔谎言的真实写照
♪ Living proof of Churchill’s lies ♪
我就是命运
♪ I’m destiny ♪
在光明与黑暗之间挣扎
♪ I’m torn between the light and dark ♪
而其他人则目标明确
♪ Where others see their targets ♪
绝妙的对称啊
♪ In divine symmetry ♪
把自己置于困境中…我会那样做
I put myself in dangerous situations, which I did.
让自己处于自觉无法应对的情况
Put myself in any situation which I feel I can’t cope with.
困境?例如什么? 解释一下?
INTERVIEWER: Dangerous situations, such as what?
我必须与人交际的地方
Can you explain that?
DAVID: Yeah. Areas where I have to be in,
sort of, social contact with people,
我对此不太擅长
which I’m not very good at doing.
我不太明白你的意思
I put myself in–
我去了洛杉矶,在那里住了几年
INTERVIEWER: I don’t quite know what you mean now.
DAVID: Well, I went to Los Angeles and I lived there
那是我非常讨厌的城市
for a couple of years, which is a city I really detest.
-好的 -所以我搬去那里
-INTERVIEWER: Yeah. -DAVID: So, I went to
想看看我写的歌♥会有何变化
live there to see what would happen to my writing.
[NATURAL WOMAN SONG]
当我的灵魂迷失
Aretha Franklin: ♪ When my soul was in the lost and found… ♪
低脂奶
INTERVIEWER: Since you’ve been in America,
自从你来到美国
you seem to have picked up
你似乎学到了很多美国音乐和文化的成语和主题
on a lot of the idioms and themes of American music,
and American culture. How has that happened?
怎会这样?
DAVID: There’s a fly floating around in my milk.
有只苍蝇在我的牛奶上漂浮
而它是…它是当中的异物
There’s a foreign body in it, you see?
它沾了很多牛奶
And it’s getting a lot of milk.
这就是我的感觉
That’s kind of how I feel.
我是这里的异物 无可避免地吸收了当中的很多事
A foreign body, and I just– I couldn’t help but soak it up.
You know.
我初次来时很讨厌这里
I hated it when I first came here.
看不到任何好处
I couldn’t see any of it.
看,蜡像馆
Look, a wax museum.
在沙漠中♥央♥有间蜡像馆真好
Hey, a bleedin’ wax museum in the middle of a desert!
应该会融化吧?
You’d think it would melt, wouldn’t you?
那是一个老土的循环,真的,它…
DAVID: There’s a good, old circle thing,
and it really is, it’s uh,
这是一种 比在正义之前的颓废
it’s the decadence that precedes the righteousness,
比其正义和道德更超前的 颓废派行为
and the morality
of an extremely right wing art form,
按其右翼性质来看是非常开明的
which, in its right wing-ness is in fact very liberal
因为你越快摆脱右翼 加快地去摆脱它
because the faster you can get rid of the right wings,
你就会带回一种新的自♥由♥主义
and by accelerating it, then you bring back [indistinct].
你必须经历过独♥裁♥,经历过右翼…
You’ve got to go through the dictatorship.
You’ve got to go through the right wing–
觊觎最高…
DAVID: Coveting the highest…
正是,曼雷突然变得很受欢迎,而且…
DAVID: Exactly.
Man Ray is suddenly getting very popular…
那…我意思是我…我们… 你我都知接下来会怎样
and it’s– I mean, I– We– I know, you know what’s coming.
我意思是…宝贝,接下来会怎样?
I mean, baby, what is coming. [indistinct]
就是那样
当然,我们会熬得过
Of course it is, yeah.
And we’re going to live through it.
我们会够运的,没错
We’re gonna be lucky enough [indistinct].
这不是摇滚乐!
DAVID: This ain’t rock and roll!
没错
This is genocide!
这是大屠♥杀♥!
[CRACKED ACTOR SONG]
我已登上荷里活的巅峰好几年
♪ I’ve come on a few years ♪
♪ from my Hollywood Highs ♪
我是最后的佼佼者 是他们见过最纯净的巨星
♪ The best of the last ♪
♪ The cleanest star’ they ever had ♪
我被我的传奇一生所累 被我留下的影像所困
♪ I’m stiff on my legend ♪
♪ The films that I made ♪
忘了我已年届五十 因为你才刚赚了一笔
♪ Forget that I’m fifty ♪
♪ ‘Cause you just got paid ♪
为我破碎吧,宝贝
♪ Crack, baby, crack ♪
让我看到你是真实的
♪ Show me you’re real ♪
尽情碰撞吧,宝贝
♪ Smack, baby, smack, is that all that you feel ♪
那就是你的所有感受?
吸吧,宝贝
♪ Suck, baby, suck ♪
埋下你的头颅
♪ Give me your head ♪
在你宣告你已征服了我之前
♪ Before you start professing ♪
♪ That you’re knocking me dead… ♪
-你的口音、声线 -是的
INTERVIEWER: You know, you haven’t– your accent,
你的说话方式没有变 你已离开了两年
your voice, your method of speech has not changed.
You’ve been away for two years.
你是被关在某个地方吗?
Does that mean you’ve been locked away somewhere?
对,我不和任何人说话
DAVID: Yes, I don’t talk to anybody.
但有人会和你说话吗?
INTERVIEWER: But do people talk to you?
我听过传闻,是的
DAVID: I’ve heard it rumored, yes.
但自从他选择了你,你就像箭猪一样
[CRACKED ACTOR SONG]
♪ But since he pinned you, baby ♪

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!