A southwester blew up and landed us on a mud bank.
一阵西南风将我们吹到了一个泥泞的海岸
We had to wait for high tide to get off.
我们只能等到涨潮才得以脱身
Oh, you look so fresh and salty.
啊 你看上去既新鲜又充满海的味道
Do I, darling?
是吗 亲爱的?
I want you to meet some friends.
我想让你见几位朋友
Vicki, Captain Bonheur. I forgot your married name.
薇奇 这是布热尔船长
Darmond. Call me Vicki. Joe Darmond, her husband.
达蒙 就叫我薇奇吧
How do you do? Well, we’ll blow.
你好 好了 我们该走了
I beg your pardon, I mean beat it.
我请你们原谅 我是说我们该逃走了
Pleased to meet you, Captain… Bonheur.
很高兴认识你 哦
Bonheur. Well, then all I can say is bonsoir.
布热尔 那好 那我能说的
Pigeon. Who are those people?
小鸽子
Friends I met at the races.
我在马♥会♥上认识的朋友
Be careful. You’re too accessible. You can stoop and pick up nothing.
要当心 你太容易轻信别人了
Never mind. Have you been good? What a question.
不要紧 你还好吧?
Fooling around with native girls? How could you think it?
在世界各地与当地的女孩鬼混?
When you’re away, I think of all sorts of things.
当你不在的时候
You see, all I think of is you.
你看 而我想到的只有你
No kidding?
没有开玩笑?
Every moment – in the cabin, on the bridge, even on the poop deck.
每时每刻 – 在驾驶室
You’re always in my mind – wondering what you do, whom you see.
你一直都在我的心里 我在想着
Oh, pigeon.
哦 小鸽子
Then alone at night, under a canopy of tropical stars,
然后 我在一个人的夜晚
with the soft strains of a Viennese waltz from the salon…
在舞会沙龙里传出的维也
Music, on a cargo ship? Oh, yes, we have a radio.
音乐 在货船上还有音乐?
Oh, yes.
哦 是啊
Now you’ve interrupted my thought.
你打断我的思路了
You were thinking of me, pigeon. Yes, you.
但你在想着我 我的小鸽子
I would think of these adorable arms, these little hands.
我能想像这些迷人的手臂 那些可爱的小手
and this delightful little wisp – let me kiss you there.
还有那让人赏心悦目的小发卷 –
I wish you didn’t have to go back.
我希望你不用再回去了
I’d much prefer to stay and look after you.
我也是 我更喜欢待在这里照顾你
Why don’t you? You know.
那你为什么不呢?
I can’t stay home and do nothing.
我不能整天待在家里而无所事事
It’d be different if I could manage your business.
但如果你让我来管理你的生意
Uh-uh. I can manage my own business affairs.
嗯-嗯 我能自己管理好我自己的生意
You don’t trust me.
你不信任我
I do trust you but You don’t! You don’t.
我很信任你 但是
That hurts. That’s what mars our happiness.
这点让我受伤
You trust everyone but me. Strangers can sell you anything.
你可以相信任何人 但就是不相信我
Any proposition and you’ll bite.
他们的任何糟糕建议你都会照做
But, what do you know about business?
但是 关于生意你又懂多少呢?
Emphatically more than you do, my dear.
事实上比你懂得多 亲爱的
Last time, you told me all the banks were going broke,
上次 你告诉我说所有的银行都要破产
getting me all horsed up about bringing my money home.
拼命建议我把所有的存款都拿回家
Well, it’s a good thing I didn’t. Very well, we’ll forget the matter.
幸好我并没有这么做
Don’t be mad, pigeon. I’m not angry, my dear.
不要生气 小鸽子
I’m saving you from squandering your money on these enterprises.
我在阻止你在那些无用的企业上浪费钱
Worthless stocks. They’re not.
那些不值钱的股票
All of them.
它们全都是
Well, I still have faith in the Pacific Ocean Power Company.
但是我还是对太平洋电力公♥司♥很有信心
What’s that? I’ve told you about it.
那是什么?
It’s a machine that floats on waves. Wheels that make electricity.
那是一个浮在海浪上的机器
What does it make when it’s calm?
那当海上风平浪静的时候它能干什么?
Don’t be a pessimist.
不要这么悲观
That’s what I mean. Wasting your money on sheer nonsense.
我就是这个意思
Inflation. Very soon money will be worthless.
看看现在的通货膨胀
What have you done? What do you want to do?
而你做了什么?
Invest wisely, safely at least.
聪明地投资 至少是安全地投资
Land, houses or jewelry. I knew a friend who has some antique –
土地 房♥产还有珠宝
That’s funny. What?
那真有意思
Just what I did. What?
我就是这么做的
I bought jewelry, diamonds. Where?
我买♥♥了珠宝 钻石
Don’t get excited. From Joe, Vicki’s husband. The people who just left.
不要激动 我从乔那里买♥♥的 15 000
My dear, that’s not the way to buy jewelry.
亲爱的 那可不是买♥♥珠宝的好方法
He’s a fence. He deals in hot stuff.
不要担心 他是一个专家 一个天才
I got a bargain, diamonds that big. 180 karats worth for 20,000 francs.
我捡了一个便宜 这么大的钻石
You couldn’t buy glass for that. I did and not glass either.
你不能花这些钱去买♥♥玻璃
How do you know? Are you crazy?
你怎么知道?
Let me see. If they doublecrossed me, I’ll
让我看看
I’ll tell you whether you’re double-crossed or not.
让我来告诉你你被骗了没有
Just as I thought, phony, fake.
跟我想的一样 假的 赝品
What? Glass you silly ass, glass.
什么?
I must catch that 8: 15. You just got here an hour ago.
7点整 我必须赶上8:15的火车
I’m the captain. I can’t stay away while it’s in repairs.
我是船长 我不能在我的船正在大
Repairs? It’s up in dry dock.
大修?
I’m here alone without a servant.
那我就只剩下一个人了 连仆人都没有了
I can’t help that. Why did you come home?
对此我无能为力
To save you from crooks, swindlers, people who are trying to rob you!
把你从骗子手中救出来
I’ll put them in jail.
我会把他们都投入监狱
No, you won’t. You thought you were buying stolen goods.
不 你做不到 你认为你买♥♥的是赃物
That’s what you get for being dishonest.
这就是不诚实所带给你的恶果
200,000 francs you’ve spent. And what have you to show for it?
你已经花了200 000法郎
Nothing, not a thing of value but this house.
没有 什么都没有 除了这幢房♥子
They’ll take this, with the legal complications.
以后它也会是他们的
They won’t. They will.
他们办不到
They won’t. I put it in your name.
他们办不到 我已经把这
The first sensible thing you’ve done.
这是你所做的第一件有条理的事
They tried to attach my account.
我是一个星期前这么做的
Attach your what? Don’t worry, they didn’t get it.
索要你的什么?
I took my money out and I have it hidden away.
我把我的钱拿出来并藏了起来
Here in the house?
就放在这房♥子里?
Why…
怎么了
It doesn’t matter where. Nobody will find it. Not even you.
放在哪里并不重要
There you go, you’re always suspicious.
你看你 总使疑神疑鬼
I’m not. It’s just my defensive mechanism, as you call it.
我不是 就如你所说的
I hate to leave you alone in this house tonight.
你知道我实在是不愿意将你
Stay. I could leave early in the morning.
那你会留下
Why don’t you? We could go places and do things.
那为什么不呢?
Captain or not, I’m not leaving you alone tonight.
管它什么船长不船长的 我今天就不走了
Pigeon.
小鸽子
Two ounces of chloroform, please.
请拿两盎司的氯仿
How much? 75 centimes.
多少钱?
M. Challain. My husband, Captain Bonheur.
查伦先生
I am president of the Salt Water Fuel Company.
我是盐水燃料公♥司♥的总裁
What? Here’s 5,000 francs.
什么?
I’ll send the rest. Thank you.
其余的我会再送来的
What is this? This is a personal matter.
这是干什么?
It might interest you.
也许你也会感兴趣
A device for turning salt water into gasoline.
我在搞一种设备 能把海水转化为燃料
Give me that money! How dare you!
把钱给我
Don’t you do that.
不要这么做
Don’t you ever dare humiliate me again in public.
你以后别在大庭广众下丢我的脸
I tried to stop you making a fool of yourself.
我只不过是试图阻止你变成一个傻瓜
I’m not so dumb. I won a lottery.
我才不笨呢 我还赢得了彩票
Of all the effable nonsense, turning seawater into gasoline.
将海水转化成燃料是我听说
If it’s a success, we’ll own the ocean, that’s all.
但如果成功了 整个海洋就是我的了
Preposterous.
荒谬
Oh, go to bed. I want to get some sleep.
啊 睡觉去
Very well, my dear.
很好 亲爱的
Who are you? I’m the maid.
你是谁?
What do you want? I hoped to sleep here tonight.
你想干什么?
You were discharged. I’ve nowhere to go.
你已经被解雇了
Who is it? It’s the maid.
那是谁?
What does she want? She wants to stay.
她想要什么?
I promise you, I’ll leave in the morning.
我向您保证
Oh, alright, let her stay.
啊 那行 就让她留下吧
Merci, Madame.
谢谢 夫人
I don’t know what happened to that bedroom.
我不知道那卧室里发生了什么
It looks like a cyclone hit it. Was I mad at you?
那里好像刮过一场台风一样

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!