Or shall we say, the right thing at the wrong moment.
或者说 在错误的时候做了正确的事
Marie. Oh, don’t…
玛丽
I never spilled a drop.
我一滴都没有洒
Marie. Oh, my dear.
玛丽 哦 我亲爱的
Oh… No, please…

Whoever thought this would happen to Marie.
对玛丽来说真是美好的一天
All so sudden, too. Yes, yes.
一切来得太突然了
John. Yes.
约翰
We must give them a drink. The minister will be late.
我得先让他们喝点什么
He has a burial first.
他得先参加一个葬礼
He should marry them then bury them.
他应该先参加婚礼然后才是葬礼
Marie’s having trouble with her trousseau.
玛丽的嫁妆出了一点麻烦
Bridegroom? Not here yet.
新郎呢?
He hates this sort of thing.
我知道 他不喜欢这套东西
They wanted a quiet affair, but you know how these things grow.
是啊 他们俩都希望一个安静的仪式
Yes.
是啊
What was that? I’ve never seen her before.
那是谁?
M. Bismo brought her along.
比斯莫先生带她来的
I’ll tell that to the captain.
我会把这个告诉船长的
Have you heard the one about the old couple…
你有没有听说世上最老的夫妇
Ah, good afternoon.
啊 下午好
Ah, meet my old friend, M. Carno. And what are you doing here?
啊 这是我的朋友 卡诺先生
Weddings, funerals, I attend them all.
婚礼 葬礼 我都要参加
As I was saying… Are you a bridesmaid?
就像我说的那样
I’m just a stranger. Mme Bonheur is a friend of mine.
我这里谁都不认识
She was in Paris, so I brought her along.
她正好在巴黎 所以我就带她一起来了
Henri, dear. How are you? A little shaky.
亨利 亲爱的 你最近怎么样?
I know you wanted a quiet wedding, but I had to do this for Marie.
我知道你想要一个安静的婚礼
I’m sorry to put you through this but now you must meet my friends.
我很抱歉把你带到这里来
This is the bridegroom, M. Varnay
这就是新郎 瓦奈先生
and this is Mme Cornet.
这位是科内特夫人
M. Simon. M. Delage.
西蒙先生 德拉格先生
Mme Bremer. Mme Voselli.
布里默夫人 瓦塞利夫人
M. Contrepaire. M. Potis. Mme Voulon.
孔特巴尔先生 博迪斯先生 福隆夫人
And of course, my husband. Monsieur.
还有当然是我的丈夫
There. I’ll introduce the rest after the ceremony.
我会在婚礼结束以后再向你介绍其余的嘉宾
Aren’t I nice? You are kind.
怎么样?
No, no, I don’t mean that in a derogatory sense.
不 不 我并没有贬低你的意思
Oh, I beg your pardon. Granted.
啊 请原谅
A drink? I’d love one.
喝一杯?
Oh, Claire. M. Varnay, how do you feel?
啊 克莱尔
Very abstract.
非常好 好极了
Pull yourself together. The worst is yet to come.
做好准备吧 最坏的还在后面呢
That’s true. What am I saying? This is my day of faux pas.
那倒是 我刚才说什么来着?
Oh, let’s hope not, Monsieur. I didn’t mean that, either.
啊 我们希望不是这样 先生
I beg your pardon.
请你原谅
At funerals one’s inclined to laugh and at weddings, weep.
人们在葬礼上总是笑 而在婚礼上却总是哭
Evidently, somebody disagrees with me.
显然 有人不同意我这种说法
Who on earth can she be? Well, you should know.
她到底是谁啊?
Oh, yes, a Mme Bonheur.
啊 对 一个名叫布热尔的夫人
I think she’s from Lyons.
好像她是从里昂来的
That’s good luck. That means you’re going to be pleasantly surprised.
运气不错 那意味着你会高兴得大吃一惊
Pardon me.
请原谅
What’s wrong? I think it’s the cocktails.
怎么了?
I’ll have a beer.
给我来一杯啤酒
Thank you. Where’s Bismo?
谢谢 比斯莫哪里去了?
Excuse me.
对不起
M. Varnay. Is there anything wrong?
瓦奈先生 有什么不对吗?
No. I was just admiring your flowers.
不 我只是在赏花
Oh! Well, over on this side we have our lovely bluebells.
啊 那好 这边是我
Ah, the campanulas. And over here are the primroses.
啊 是风铃草的一种
Of course, the genus Oenothera.
当然 是报春花属的吗?
Oh, what’s wrong? Are you ill? Cramps.
啊 你怎么了?病了吗?
They attack me ever since India.
我在印度的时候就经常犯这个
Oh, well. Let me get you something.
啊 那好 我去叫人
It’ll pass soon. The minister’s here.
一会儿就会好的
Tell him to wait. Can’t I help? No, no. Please.
叫他等等 我能帮什么忙吗?
Bismo. Hello.
比斯莫
Mme Bonheur. Pleasure.
布热尔夫人
Take good care of her. Well, you just leave that to me.
照顾好她
Oh, John. Oh, how do you do.
啊 约翰 啊 你好
The minister’s arrived and Henri’s taken with cramps. Look after him.
部长到了 但是亨利的脚却抽筋了
Well, let’s see what we can do for M. Varnay.
那好 看看我们能够为
He isn’t here. He must have recovered.
他不在这里 他一定是自己康复了
Possibly you’ll find him at the punch bowl?
或许他正在那里痛快地干杯呢
Come on, we’ll go see.
走 我们去看看
What are you lookin’ for? Huh?
您在找什么?
Have you lost something? I dropped my sandwich.
你掉了什么东西吗?
What kind was it? Just an ordinary sandwich.
什么样的三明治啊?
A slice of bread between some meat.
就是肉里面夹了几块面包的那种
White or rye? Er, yes.
白面包还是黑面包?
Stay here and I’ll get you another one.
等着 我给你另外那一份来
Thank you.
谢谢
He isn’t here. Oh, there he is.
他不在这里
Excuse me. Stay right here.
对不起 您就等在这
What’s the matter? Cramps.
怎么了?
The worst attack I’ve had in years.
近几年来最最严重的一次
I’ll take you into the house. I prefer to stay here.
我把你带到屋里去
Friends. The great moment has arrived.
盛大的时刻就要来临了
Please come into the house.
请大家进屋
You can’t go through a ceremony. I’ll take you inside.
你不能这样参加婚礼 我扶你进屋
I’d like to stay in the garden. The air will do me good.
我更喜欢呆在花♥园♥里
Ah, there you are. I didn’t quite understand.
啊 你在这 我还不是很清楚
Did you want white or rye?
你到底想要白面包还是黑面包?
Rye.
黑面包
You certainly have a beautiful place here.
你的这个地方太漂亮了
Wonderful. Thank you.
美极了
I’m comin’.
别拉我 我来了
I’ll have them delay the ceremony.
我让他们把婚礼推迟
If you lie down maybe the pain will go.
如果你躺下可能就不痛了
You go and tell them. I’ll get you into the house.
好主意 你去告诉他们
I’m feeling better. I’m not going to take any chances.
我感觉好多了
Come along.
走吧
I wish you’d let me stay in the fresh air.
我希望您能让我呆在新鲜的空气中
No, no. Ten minutes rest will do you good.
不 不 休息十分钟对你有好处
The thing is muscular. It attacks the serratus magnus.
那是肌肉伤 是我肌腱的伤
What was that? Nothing at all. Go ahead.
怎么了?
Varnay.
瓦奈先生
Henri. Beloved. See you later.
亨利
Varnay.
瓦奈先生
M. Varnay.
瓦奈先生
Varnay!
瓦奈先生
This M. Varnay seems to be our man alright,
这个瓦奈先生看来就是我们要找的人
but he must have several aliases.
但他一定有很多名字
I can’t believe it.
我不敢相信
It’s too bad he didn’t jilt Thelma. You’re to be congratulated.
真不幸 茜尔玛没有被他抛弃
I knew it was the same man the moment we read it in the papers.
我一读报纸就知道他和他是一个人
We don’t even have a photograph.
但是我们没有他的照片
But I’d know him if I ever saw him. So would I.
不过只要让我看见我就能认出他
What was his last address? The Hotel Splendide.
他最后的地址在哪里?
He moved.
我们去过那里 但他搬走了
I know. He seems to have moved from everywhere.
我知道 看起来他是狡兔三窟
What business was he in?
他是干什么的?
He said he was an explorer
他说他是一个探险家
working for the International Geographical Society.
给国际地理协会工作
It would be a good idea to call them up.
不如给那个地方打电♥话♥
He’s on his way to the North Pole by now.
说不定他现在正在去北极的路上呢
There is no such organization.
根本就没有什么国际地理协会
However, we must keep a lookout.
但是 我们必须派人侦察
This is to be confidential. Not a word to the press,
这一切都是机密 对报纸一个字都不许提

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!