你的眼镜呢?-让我想想
Where are your glasses? – Let me think.
我把它落在实验室了. 杰罗姆可能把它收起来了
I left them in the lab. Jerome probably put them someplace.
我帮你去找.哦,在这
I’ll find them for you. Oh, here they are.
吆!-巴纳比
Whew! – Barnaby.
你真的没事?这里
Are you sure you’re all right? Here.
哦.我只是有点看不清.现在几点了?
Oh. I’m just a little fuzzy. What time is it?
差不多8点了
It’s almost 8:00.
哦,不.晚了吗?
Oh, no. It’s that late?
哦,我又重做了. 我们原本要出去吃饭的
Oh, I’ve done it again. We were going out for dinner.
我已经吃过了 不过我带了东西给你吃
I’ve already had dinner, but I’ve brought some for you.
埃德温娜,很对不起.我原本──
Edwina, I’m terribly sorry. I wouldn’t have…
我知道你没吃,亲爱的
I know you wouldn’t have, darling.
你从哪里得来的狮子狗? -狮子狗?
Where did you get the poodle? – Poodle?
别告诉我说我买♥♥了一只狮子狗
Don’t tell me I bought a poodle.
发型.-哦,对,那个,那个.哦,对
The haircut. – Oh, yeah, that, that. Oh, yeah.
你买♥♥的上衣也很不错
That’s quite a jacket you bought too.
是的,我知道
Yeah, I know.
等你看我买♥♥的汽车
Wait till you see the car I got.
不,哪一种?-你很快会看到的
No, what kind? – You’ll see it soon enough.
亲爱的,你真是笨 竟然自己试配方
Darling, you were a real idiot to try the formula on yourself.
会出事的.-哦,确实是
Something could have happened. – Oh, it did.
我是指,严重的事.给,喝点咖啡
I mean, something serious. Here, have some coffee.
谢谢.哦,哦.我全身肌肉酸痛
Thank you. Oh. Oh, I strained every muscle in my body.
溜冰
Roller-skating.
你不会去了溜冰吧
Don’t tell me you went roller-skating.
我恐怕去了
I’m afraid I did.
你脸上出现了红点
And your face is breaking out with red blotches.
哦,不是红点,亲爱的.那是唇印
Oh, they’re not blotches, dear. That’s lipstick.
哦
Oh.
是的.埃德温娜 我告诉你的事令人难以置信
Yeah. Edwina, what I have to tell you is unbelievable.
对,溜冰是难以置信.嗯,多么平衡
Yes, it is unbelievable on roller-skates. Hmm, what balance.
呃,我不是整个下午都在溜冰
Well, I wasn’t on roller-skates all afternoon.
很显然不是
Obviously.
不.你不会相信我做过的事
No. You’ll never believe what I did.
我破纪录了.-啊?
I broke records. – Huh?
你肯定会很吃惊. 我希望你当时也在场
You’d have been amazed. I wish you could’ve been there.
我也希望我在场
I wish I had been too.
我做了连做梦也没想到的事
I did things that I never dreamed I’d do.
你知道,我试跳水了
You know, I tried to swan-dive.
我失败了
I missed.
哇,怪不得你这么累
Well, no wonder you’re worn out.
巴纳比,这些事把我搞糊涂了
Barnaby, all of this is very confusing.
配方怎么样? -我正在跟你说那个啊
What about the formula? – That’s what I was telling you about.
哦.哦!-我从头跟你说起
Oh. Oh! – I’ll start at the beginning.
今早11点52分……
At 11:52 this morning…
我喝了一剂配方,在几分钟内…
I took a dose of the formula, and in a few minutes…
我的举止就像一名大学生一样…
I began to behave exactly like a college boy…
有20/20的视力,而且肩膀不痛了
with 20/20 vision and no bursitis.
还有很多唇印
And plenty of lipstick.
嗯─呃,配方跟那没关系
Uh… Well, the formula had nothing to do with that.
我等一下就会说到那里
I’ll get to that later.
埃德温娜,我们已经发现……
Edwina, we’ve discovered something…
人类一直以来在搜索的东西
that the human race has been searching for since the beginning of time.
巴纳比,你说真的吗? 配方真的有效?
Are you really serious, Barnaby? It works?
呃,它对我是有效
Well, it did on me.
当然,我解释不了这些反应
Of course, I can’t explain the reactions.
好像对头脑起作用
It seems to work on the mind.
埃德温娜,想象一下: 人们从不变老
Edwina, imagine: People never aging.
听起来很恐怖. 你是指,配方真的如此吗?
It sounds frightening. You mean, it really does that?
呃─当然,我对它也是一知半解
Well… Of course, I don’t know half of what it’ll do.
我喝的药已经没什么药力了
The dose I took has already worn off.
我看看,8个小时
Let’s see, that was eight hours.
哦.很可能是要出错了
Oh. Probably, the dose was wrong.
呃,我们看看.-嘿,你去哪里?
Well, we’ll see. – Hey, where are you going?
我去再做一次实验……
I’m going to try the experiment again…
不过这次用量更多
but this time with a larger dose.
啊?哦!
Huh? Oh!
开灯好吗,亲爱的?
Switch on the light, will you, please, dear?
巴纳比
Barnaby.
你一定要再做测试吗?
Must you make another test?
哦,可能要做几个
Oh, probably several.
我很高兴这次你在这里 看着就不会出错了
I’m glad you’re here to see that nothing goes wrong this time.
我想你观察并记下我所做的事
I want you to observe and make notes of everything I do.
你这么了解我肯定能够明白……
Knowing me so well, you’ll be able to interpret…
我行为模式的准确意思
the exact meaning of my behavior pattern.
在试验之前 你不觉得应该换掉那件外套……
Don’t you think you ought to change that coat…
擦掉脸上的唇印吗?
and wipe that stuff off your face before you try it again?
哦,是的.也许你说的对. -那是谁的唇印?
Oh, yes. Perhaps you’re right. – Whose lipstick is it?
呃,她-她的-名字—你知道 奥斯里的秘书
Uh, what’s-her-name’s… you know, Oxly’s secretary.
哦.你指那个小美女?
Oh. You mean, that little pinup girl?
非常可爱.-有点,但是太小了
Very cute. – Sort of, but half infant.
不易看见
Not the half that’s visible.
呃,她不适合我
Well, she’s not my type.
巴纳比,你要喝多少?
Barnaby, how much of this stuff are you going to take?
我已经倒出来了.我增加了药量
Just what I’ve poured out there. I’ve increased the dose.
瞧,那边,我要─
See, that way, I’ll be…
埃德温娜,你在干嘛?
Edwina, what are you doing?
你为什么要那样做?
What did you do that for?
因为它应该这样子
‘Cause this is the way it should be.
总之,你是科学家,应该你来研究
After all, you’re the scientist, and you should do the observing.
但是—别争了
But… – Don’t argue.
去拿笔记.我都已经做了
Go get your notebook. I’ve done it.
哦,很苦.给我点水喝
Oh, it tastes bitter. Get me some water.
哦,那么,真的,埃德温娜. 老天爷保佑
Oh, now, really, Edwina. For heaven’s sake.
另外,根据你的故事……
Besides, according to your story…
你喝了后就不是100%科学家了
you weren’t exactly 100% scientist after you took it.
变得对其它的事更感兴趣了
Other things became much more interesting.
也许你说的没错
Perhaps you’re right.
哦.连水都是苦的
Oh. Even the water tastes bitter.
我那时也觉得是
It did to me too.
巴纳比,我有点害怕
Barnaby, I’m a little bit frightened.
我在这里,亲爱的.-很傻,是吗?
I’m here, dear. – It’s kind of silly, isn’t it?
我会照顾你的
I’ll take care of you.
我没什么感觉
I don’t feel anything.
是不是应该马上见效? -稍等一下
Is it supposed to work right away? – Just a few moments.
你能把脸弄干净吗?
Would you clean off your face?
因为如果我年轻了10岁 看见了那个唇印……
Because if I get ten years younger and see that lipstick…
我很可能会把某人击倒
I’m liable to knock somebody’s block off.
是,亲爱的
Yes, dear.
巴纳比,B-4的事是真的吗?
Barnaby, is it true about B-4?
我刚才听到你最神奇的事. 配方有效吗?
I’ve just heard the most fantastic things about you. Does it work?
你很快就有机会可以判断 奥斯里先生
You’ll have a chance to judge for yourself quite soon, Mr. Oxly.
我妻子刚才喝了50CC配方
My wife just took 50 CCs of the formula.
真的吗?太厉害了,太厉害了
Really? By George, by George.
布鲁纳博士 和劳雷尔小姐正在赶来
Dr. Brunner and Miss Laurel are on their way.
留言叫他们马上来这里
Leave word they are to come here immediately.
福尔顿太太 太感谢你做这个试验了
Mrs. Fulton, it’s very kind of you to lend yourself to this experiment.
谢谢你,奥斯里先生
Thank you, Mr. Oxly.
呃,我们要观察你的反应,亲爱的
Well, we have to watch your reactions, darling.
是的,我想是这样
Yes, I suppose so.
现在我知道 可怜的小豚鼠的感受了
Now I know how a poor little guinea pig must feel.
我可以坐吗?-坐吧,亲爱的
May I sit down? – Yes, dear.
别只站在那里.找点事做吧
Don’t just stand there. Do something.
是的,亲爱的
Yes, dear.
嗯
Mmm.
脉搏150左右,跟我以前一样
Pulse around 150, just the same as mine was.
好像没有发烧
There doesn’t seem to be any fever.
除了有点尴尬之外 我感觉非常好
Outside of being somewhat embarrassed, I feel exceedingly well.
巴纳比,你希望有什么反应?
What reaction do you expect, Barnaby?
我不太清楚
I don’t quite know.