不可思议的是 我们竟然对终身从事的运动知之甚少
米奇·曼托[著名棒球明星]
投手向乔尼·戴蒙扔出了个坏球 我们正在直播
Ball one to Johnny Damon and we are under way.
戴蒙的十八个打数中有八个安打
Damon has eight hits in 18 at bats,
二垒安打 三垒安打 以及数次盗垒
a double, a triple, a couple of stolen bases.
他在分区赛的首战中打了四个安打
He had four hits in the series opener.
好球
Strike.
二零零一年十月十五日
戴蒙奋力一击 球飞向右外野线
Down the right-field line, fair off the bat of Damon.
在斯宾塞身边滚动
It rolls by Spencer.
戴蒙将在二垒安打后进入二垒
And Damon will coast into second base with a leadoff double.
美国联盟分区赛
淘汰赛
球飞入右中外野 落了下来 一个断棒安打
Into right-center field, broken bat, it’ll fall, a base hit.
人们为戴蒙欢呼 他即将得分
They wave around Damon. He will score.
杰森·吉昂比在第一局中
And Jason Giambi delivers with
击出了个一垒安打
a run-scoring single here in the opening inning.
运动家队以一比零领先
And the Athletics have taken that 1-nothing lead.
加油 加把劲 我们能打败他们
Go, come on, now. We gotta spin it.
资金实力对比
纽约扬基队 1♥1♥4♥,457,768美元
奥克兰竞技队 39,722,689美元
加油 扬基队
Let’s go, Yankees!
加油 扬基队
Let’s go, Yankees!
奥克兰必胜
满垒
Bases loaded.
扬基队二垒实现全垒打 将比分从二比零扳平
The Yankees have the tying run at second, down 2-nothing.
运动家队失误了 在满场捡球
The A’s are kicking it and throwing it all over the field.
如果他们不尽快得分的话
And it might lead to their elimination
将面临淘汰
if they don’t get it right in a hurry.
球飞出了右外野线 是贾斯蒂斯
Hammered down the right-field line. Justice!
扬基队后来居上
The Yankees have taken the lead.
点球成金
他们站在那里
They’re standing,
期待着下次再来参加联盟冠军赛
anticipating another trip to the League Championship Series.
扬基队一人出局
The Yankees one out away.
埃里克·拜恩斯从没在扬基队体育馆里打过球
Eric Byrnes, never with an at bat in Yankee Stadium,
他们却找不到比他更好的球员
and they don’t get much bigger than this one.
换成是你站在那里 一定更手足无措
Or more hectic when you’re up there trying to get a job done.
他们只差一个好球了
And they’re a strike away.
整个扬基球场在沸腾
And they’re roaring in the Bronx.
比赛为五局三胜 他们已在主场输了前两场
Losing the first two games at home in the best-of-five series
呐喊声再次响起
and roar back to…
扬基队即将卫冕冠军
The Yankees will defend their title.
没关系 乔 不必关掉
It’s okay, Joe, you can leave it on.
-我不看了 -乔 开着吧
– I don’t need to watch. – Joe, leave it on.
好吧
Okay.
试想如果你曾经加入过扬基队 那有多糟糕
Imagine how bad it’d be if you were a Yankee player
还未曾尝过冠军的滋味
and didn’t like the taste of champagne.
不如主动要求转会
Better ask to get traded.
你会给扬基队…
You gotta give the Yankees…
…赢得这场重大♥比♥赛
…win the big game.
下一场分区赛真令人期待
What a series that is gonna be in the next…
知道有多少孩子模仿吉昂比吗
You know how many kids are wearing Giambi’s ?
运动家队的吉昂比
You know, Oakland Giambi’s
从他的球衣球帽到照片海报
jerseys and hats and pictures and posters?
当七月扬基队来的时候
Those same kids will be booing
这群孩子会倒戈起哄
in July when the Yankees come here.
但幕后主谋究竟是吉昂比
But is it Really Giambi that’s stabbing the back
还是东岸的扬基队呢
or the Pinstripes on the East Coast?
你不能因为他们抢走球迷而责怪他们
You can’t blame them for pilfering the henhouse.
我是说 球迷就是球迷
I mean the henhouse is there.
什么叫我不能责怪他们
What do you mean by I can’t blame them?
他们六年内花了一亿两千万美元
They’re offering $120 million over six years.
纽约扬基队有的是钱
The New York Yankees have deeper pockets
也慷慨大方
and they’re willing to give him money.
他们挖走我们的球员
They’re taking and pilfering our players.
在纽约扬基队看来 我们就像个可以顺手牵羊的农场
It’s like we’re a farm system for the New York Yankees.
-小伙子们还好吗 -我们打得很辛苦
– How are the guys doing? – That was a killer.
那是场硬仗 对手很强 简直是…
That was a killer. It’s a tough one to swallow. It’s…
-他们发挥得很好 -他们很拼命
– They played great. – They played their hearts out.
他们发挥得很出色 只是未能达成我们的心愿
They did. They played fantastic. It just didn’t fall our way.
-明年你会做得更好 -尽管我们只有一步之遥了
– You’ll do better next year. – But we were close, though.
一步之遥 措手可得
We were so close. Right there.
就快成功了 你得充满信心
Almost had it. You gotta feel good about that.
我很有信心 太有信心了
I feel great about it. I feel great about it.
我们明年不会有突破的
We’re not gonna do better next year.
-为什么 -我们正在被挖角
– Why not? – Well, you know we’re being gutted.
吉昂比 戴蒙 伊斯林豪森都要走了
We’re losing Giambi, Damon, Isringhausen.
已成定局 我们有麻烦了
Done deal. We’re in trouble.
你可以找新人 就像当初你发掘了杰森和戴蒙
You’ll find new guys. You found Jason, you found Damon.
-多给我点钱 史蒂夫 -比利
– I need more money, Steve. – Billy.
-再多给我点钱 -我们没钱
– I need more money. – We don’t have any.
我无法用三千八百万跟一亿两千万的球队竞争
I can’t compete against $120 million with $38 million.
那些球队预算太多 我们无法与他们抗衡
We’re not gonna compete with these teams that have big budgets.
我们只能利用有限的资源
We’re gonna work within the constraints we have,
你要做的就是
and you’re gonna do
竭尽所能招募到新球员
the best job that you can recruiting new players.
我们不会付给球员一千七百万
We’re not gonna pay $17 million to players.
我没有问你要
I’m not asking you
一千万 两千万或三千万美元
for 10 or 20, 30 million dollars.
我只想多一点支持
I’m just asking for a bit of help.
再多给一点 我就能为你打造一支冠军队
Get me a little closer and I will get you that championship team.
这就是我来的原因 也是你雇我的原因
I mean, this is why I’m here. This is why you hired me.
你说 现在我们目标是什么
And I gotta ask you, what are we doing here?
-比利 我… -不就是要赢得冠军吗
– Billy, I… – if it’s not to win a championship?
-我只想多赢几场 -这是我的目标 我的目标在这里
– I wanna win just as much. – That’s my bar. My bar is here.
我的目标是让这支球队赢得冠军
My bar is to take this team to the championship.
比利 我们只是个小球队 你也只是个小经理
Billy, we’re a small-market team, and you’re a small-market GM.
请你别狮子大开口 因为我没那么多钱
I’m asking you to be okay not spending money that I don’t have.
请你先深吸一口气
And I’m asking you to take a deep breath,
振作起来 和你的团队一起
shake off the loss, get back in a room with your guys,
好好想想怎样用我们现有的资金
and figure out how to find replacements for the guys we lost
找到替代的球员
with the money that we do have.
你不能就这样打发我 我不能空手而归
I’m not leaving here. I’m not– I can’t leave here with that.
那你还想让我做什么
What else can I help you with?
这是个好机会 很适合你
It’s a good offer, and you gotta match it.
再给我一天时间
I need another day.
他已经决定了
His mind’s pretty made up.
我想你应该明白这点
I just think you should know that.
-我得接个电♥话♥ 一会打给你 -我一定会转告他
– I got a call. I’ll get you back. – I promise I’ll let him know.
再见
Bye.
-哪位 -比利 我是斯科特
– Yeah? – Billy, Scott.
-我刚跟丹通过电♥话♥ -不会吧
– Just got off the phone with Dan. – No,you didn’t.
他居然给我打电♥话♥
I was surprised he called me.
行了 我出七百五十万买♥♥乔尼 我要定他了
Stop. I got Johnny for 7.5 or he doesn’t play anywhere else.
那是你答应过的
That’s the deal you made.
波士顿队刚刚提价到了七百七十五万
Boston just upped it to 7.75.
在听吗
You there?
斯科特 我们有约在先
We had a deal, Scott.
如果你出八百万 我们就继续谈
We have a deal, if it’s 8 million.
-小子 你耍了我 -我只是在商言商
– Oh, man, you played me. – I’m just doing my job for my client.
不 你在耍我 一直在耍我
No, you’re playing me, and you’re still playing me.
恭喜你 混♥蛋♥ 你赢了
Congratulations, asshole. You win.
自♥由♥球员
我喜欢屁♥股♥有毛的家伙
I like guys that got a little hair on their ass.
说真的 他看上去很像曼托或梅斯[均为著名棒球明星]
He looks like a Mantle or a Mays, quite frankly.
-一看就是玩棒球的料 -马蒂 你看好谁
– He’s got a baseball body. – Matty, who do you got?
-我看好杰罗尼莫 -不错
– I like Geronimo. – Yes.
那家伙很强壮 很敏捷 极有天赋
The guy’s an athlete. Big, fast, talented.
-是我的首选 -长得秀气 很帅
– Top of my list. – Clean-cut, good face.
-没错 尤其是下巴 -全能型球手
– Yeah, good jaw. – Five-tools guy.
-帅哥球手 -他能击球吗
– Good-looking ballplayer. – Can he hit?
-他挥棒姿势优美 -球被他击到就像炸开一样
– He’s got a beautiful swing. – The ball explodes off his bat.
他准确地用棒头击球 当球棒触球的瞬间
He throws the club head at the ball, and when he connects,
球仿佛被他驾驭了一般飞出去

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!