但他能自己承担 也必须承担
But he could pay, and had to
因为他接受了不弃底池的谬论
because he embraced the fallacy of being pot-committed.
我全押
I’m all in.
你已经投入了这么多钱
You’ve invested so much,
你也许预料到了结局
you might as well see it through to the end.
抬高 跟注2000元
Move it up, $2,000 to call.
烂布莱德已经为石油期货
Bad Brad had raised 700 million dollars
筹集了70亿美元基金
for a fund that traded oil futures.
每个礼拜 他来到牌局
And every week, he came to the game.
输去十万元 给我五千元小费
Lost $100,000 and tipped me $5,000
这样他在下一周可以继续玩
so he could play the next week.
谢谢你
Thank you.
他并没有越玩越好
He wasn’t getting any better.
大家都在宰他的钱
And the guys were feasting on him.
我能再拿五十个吗
Can I get another fifty?
我们能谈一下吗 -当然可以
Can we talk for a second? -Sure.
布莱德 牌局可能不适合你
Brad, this game might not be for you.
我知道我不是扑克大佬
I know I’m no card shark.
不 你不是
No, you’re not.
这是你十周后的损失
Here are your losses after ten weeks.
然而你并没有
And you’ve won…
赢过一分钱
never.
这算是统计上的异常
It’s actually a statistical anomaly.
是的 我知道
Yeah, I know.
我喜欢和大伙一起玩 我没有过这么多朋友
I like playing with the guys. I don’t have that many friends.
别把我的位置拿掉
Don’t take my seat away.
我可以多给你点小费 -不
I can tip you more. -No.
你的小费已经够多了
Your tips are very generous.
要不我给你一些书
How about I-I give you some books?
或者请一个专家给你上些课
Or even a pro to give you some lessons.
嗯 可以吧
Yeah, uh, maybe.
我考虑一下
Let me think about it.
好的
Okay.
但事实是烂布莱德知道他在干些什么
Turned out Bad Brad knew what he was doing.
他在获得顾客
He was getting customers.
他在牌局上丢掉十万元
He’d drop his 100K at the game
却为他的对冲基金捡到了四千万
and pick up four million for his hedge fund.
告诉他们这周最聪明的是什么 -不是我
Tell ’em what’s smart this week. -Not me.
稍后再说他的事 现在要讲的
More on that later, but first…
是哈兰·尤斯蒂斯
Harlan Eustice.
玩家X说他在商业赌场遇见了哈兰
Player X said he met Harlan at the Commerce Casino
说他会对牌局有好处
and that he’d be good for the game
但我并没有看到他所看到的
but I wasn’t seeing what he was seeing.
他风格严谨 在底牌后弃牌的概率
He played tight, folding after the hole cards
有6♥4♥%
6♥4♥ percent of the time.
不知道他的钱到底是从哪里来的
It wasn’t clear where his money came from.
他制♥作♥后院摔跤视频
He produced backyard wrestling videos
和其他劣质视频
and other low-rent productions.
最糟的是 哈兰·尤斯蒂斯是个优秀的牌手
But worst of all, Harlan Eustice was a good card player.
为什么玩家X会希望在牌局上有能打败他的人
Why would Player X want someone at the game who could beat him?
得到这个问题的答案并不容易
I’d learn the answer to that one the hard way.
你的旅途顺利吗 -还可以
How was your flight? -Just fine.
你是怎么支付得起洛杉矶到纽约的机票的
How are you paying for tickets between L.A. and New York?
我在我的美国运通卡里还有两千万积分
I had 2 million points left on my Amex.
他们拿走了卡 但保留了我的积分
They took the card but let me keep the points
对此我觉得挺不错的
which I thought was nice of them.
你去开会了
You had meetings.
嗯?
Hm?
你在洛杉矶开了关于你的自传和生活的会议 不是吗?
You had meetings in L.A. about your book and life rights?
是的 -有对此感兴趣的吗
I did. -Was there any interest?
一拥有4000台视频扑克机的公♥司♥
A company that owns 4,000 video poker machines
想要把我的脸放上去
wants to put my face on ’em.
还有其他的吗
Anything else?
治愈杂♥志♥提供了不错的出价
Treat Magazine made a generous offer.
治愈?
Treat?
这是为高端摄影爱好者开设的新杂♥志♥
It’s a new magazine for the high-end photography enthusiast.
他们想让你拍裸照? -我将会是四月治愈
They want you to pose naked? -I’d be the April treat.
我指的是对你的书感兴趣
I meant interest in your book.
额 好
Uh, yeah.
有任何出价吗?
Any offers?
我估计有一些
A few I guess. A couple.
五个 -真的?
Five. -Really?
是啊 -然后呢
Yeah. -And…?
我拒绝了
I passed.
你贫困潦倒 但拒绝了五个
You’re destitute and you passed on five offers
把你的自传改编成电影的提议? -我会付你报酬的 查理
to turn you book into a movie? -You will be paid, Charlie.
我只是好奇为什么你会拒绝
I’m just curious as to why you passed
目前看似是你唯一的出路
on what appear to be the only way out you have.
意见不统一 -好吧
Creative differences. -Okay.
我们可以开始了吗
Should we start?
我会搞明白你的
You know, I am gonna figure you out.
好啊 说说你发现了什么
Well, let me know what you find.
看见这个了吗
You see this?
这就是发现 我们来看看发现了什么
This is discovery. Let’s see what we discovered.
这里 我们有彼得·杜伦钦斯基
Over here, we have Peter Druzhinsky,
彼得·安东诺维奇和彼得·斯洛博 三个彼得
Peter Antonovich and Peter Slobo. The three Petes.
现在三个彼得经营着腐♥败♥医疗证所的产业链
Now the three Petes run a chain of corrupt medical clinics
而且一直在大规模进行
and have been committing insurance fraud,
保险诈骗 电♥信♥诈骗和邮政诈骗
wire fraud and mail fraud on an epic scale.
然后到这里 我们有RGO组织
Now over here, we have the Rachniana-Gershen Organization.
他们从事全球赌注经纪
They’re a worldwide bookmaking operation
每年在非法体育博♥彩♥中
handling hundreds of millions of dollars a year
处理着上百亿美元的资金
in illegal sports betting.
再到这里 我们有亚历山大哈比组织
And over here, we have the Alexander Habib organization.
这也是个非法体育博♥彩♥组织
This is also an illegal sports betting organization
但这是由谢利尔·哈比所拥有的画廊资助的
but this one, financed by an art gallery owned by Shillel Habib
也就是大家口中的 -谢利尔
who everyone calls -Shelly.
这就是俄♥罗♥斯♥黑♥手♥党♥
This is the Russian mafia.
这三者被联♥系♥在了一起的原因是
And the three are tied together in the indictment through…
对一场扑克牌赌局的起诉书
A poker game.
他们在窃听我的电♥话♥吗?
Were they tapping my phones?
没有 -谢天谢地
No. -Thank God.
他们在窃听和你通过话的每个人的手♥机♥
They were tapping the phones of everyone you talked to.
好吧
Okay.
他们让你承认了你在广场酒店
They’ve got you confirming that you ran rake games
和在纽约诸地经营着佣金游戏
at the Plaza Hotel and various locations in New York.
他们让一个告密者承认了
They’ve also got a confidential informant confirming
你在广场酒店和纽约诸地
that you ran raked games at the Plaza Hotel
经营佣金游戏
and various locations in New York.
你违反了美国法典第1955条
You were in violation of 1955, which is the part of the U.S. Code
进行非法赌博业务是违法的
that makes it illegal to run an illegal gambling business.
你知道你干了什么吗
You know what you did?
你在好的那部分发生前就写完了书
You finished writing a book before the good part happened.
你一定很得意吧
You really get a kick out of yourself, don’t you?
你要知道
You know,
我不喜欢这张照片 -谢谢你
I don’t like this picture. -Thank you.
你看上去就像一只吃了金丝雀的猫
You look like the cat that ate the canary
还通知了金丝雀的父母
and then told the canary’s parents about it.
这是出版商想要的效果 我没有话语权
It’s the picture the publisher wanted and I didn’t get a vote.
我喜欢这本书 讲了很好的故事
I like the book. Good story, well told.
谢谢你 -但是我需要你再叙述一遍
Thank you. -I need you to tell it again, though.
从头到尾 而且这次
From the beginning and this time
不要跳过俄♥罗♥斯♥人的那部分
without skipping over the Russians.
你要来杯水吗 -我想来杯波旁威士忌
Would you like a glass of water? -I’d like a glass of bourbon.
还有一件事 -嗯
One more thing. -Yeah.
我需要你的硬盘
I need your hard drives.
什么时候开始的硬盘 -你什么意思
Going back how far? -What do you mean?
每次买♥♥新电脑 我都留着上一张硬盘
Well, I kept my hard drives when I’d buy a new laptop.
你在开玩笑
You’re kidding.
不 硬盘里记录了谁拥有什么
No, it had a record of who owed what