我给我的代替品发了一堆随机电♥话♥号♥
I texted my replacement a bunch of random numbers
来自310个不同的地区
with 310 area codes.
然后我给今晚的玩家发了条信息
Then I sent a text to the players for tonight
告诉他们牌局更改了地点
and told them the game had been moved
改到了四季酒店1401套房♥
to the Four Seasons Hotel, Suite 1401.
嘿 你最近怎么样?
Hey, how you doing?
迈克?
Mike?
多谢
Thank you very much.
一杯苏格兰威士忌
Scotch, please, yeah?
真有趣
Amazing
大家好 请大家注意一下
Fellas, can I have your attention for a moment?
迪安在哪?
Where’s Dean?
我将会在每个周二晚上在这里主持牌局
I’ll be hosting a game in this suite every Tuesday night.
如果你在今晚参与牌局 未来的一年我们都欢迎你再来
If you play tonight, you’ll be guaranteed a chair for a year.
如果更喜欢在眼镜蛇休息室打牌
If you prefer to play at the Cobra Lounge,
你在这里也会度过一个美好的夜晚
there’ll be no hard feelings.
开始吧
Let’s play.
现在这个牌局是我的了
The game was mine now.
我成立了公♥司♥ 茉莉·布鲁姆计划就此开始
I incorporated and Molly Bloom Event Planning was born.
我自己交税 付1099个员工的工资
I paid taxes and 1099 my employees.
我从来没有情感上或者肉体上与
I never became romantically or sexually involved
任何玩家发生过关系
with any of the players.
不然这个牌局就进行不下去了
The game would’ve fallen apart.
那时候我还能很好地做决定
This was back when I was still making good decisions.
我找了律师 确认这一切都是合法的
And I went to a lawyer to make absolutely sure all this was legal.
你拿佣金了么
Are you taking a rake?
没有
No.
那你就没有触犯法律
Then you’re not breaking the law.
我能给你点建议吗? -请吧
Can I give you some advice? -Please.
在我们行业有一个说法
There’s a saying in my business.
在你快要犯法时不要触碰法律的底线
Don’t break the law when you’re breaking the law.
什么意思?
What do you mean?
不要涉及吸毒 卖♥♥淫 暴♥力♥催债
No drugs, no prostitutes, no muscle to collect debts.
噢 我不做这种事
Oh, I don’t do anything like that.
但你刚才说我没有触犯法律
But you just said I wasn’t breaking the law.
继续这样做 因为你不会想要在快要犯法时
Keep it that way, because you don’t want to break the law
触碰法律的底线
when you’re breaking the law.
所以我犯法了吗?
Am I breaking the law?
不算吧
Not really.
我们能确定下来 对吧
We’re able to find out for sure, aren’t we?
法律是定的
Laws are written down.
你没有从收益中抽取提成?
You’re not taking a percentage of the pot?
没有
No.
你的牌局很公平
You’re running a square game.
我的牌局里的人鱼龙混杂
My game had a tricky ecosystem.
他们能买♥♥到任何东西
These guys could buy anything
但在这个房♥间里 你买♥♥不到胜利
but here in this room you couldn’t buy your win.
你买♥♥不到我 你买♥♥不到女孩
You couldn’t buy me, you couldn’t buy the girls
你甚至买♥♥不到参加游戏的资格
and you couldn’t buy a seat at the table.
没什么比自己挣来的胜利更美好的了
There’s nothing as sweet as a win you have to work for.
输和赢都很有吸引力 而且很真实
And the wins and losses were compelling and they were real.
当然 如果玩家有赌瘾就更好了
Of course it helped that the players were gambling addicts.
可以跟我来一下吗?
Can I see you for a second?
杰 你很出名
Jay, you’re famous.
你是个国际摇滚巨星
You are an international rock star.
哦 我都不确定你会注意
Oh, I wasn’t sure you’d noticed.
你不能发那样的电子邮件给我
You can’t send e-mails like that.
这又不是政♥府♥给你发的 好么? 我只是想
Well, it’s not a federal production, okay? I just…
邀请你周末一起去卡布
invited you to Cabo for the weekend.
下一个收到你那样电子邮件的女人
The next woman you send an e-mail like that to,
不会是我 而应该是别的什么人
it’s not gonna be me. It’s gonna be someone else.
你在玩火
You’re playing with fire.
我在告诉你我爱上你了
I’m telling you that I’m in love with you
而你在担心我被敲诈
and you are worried about me getting blackmailed.
哦天–那只会让我对你更感兴趣
Oh, my–that just makes me more into you.
傻瓜 他们没必要敲诈你
Lemon head, they won’t need to blackmail you.
TMZ就会给他们这么多钱【TMZ:美国在线旗下的一个娱乐新闻网站】
They can get just as much money from TMZ.
TMZ会给他们他们真正想要的–
And TMZ will give them what they really want–
跟我说实话 我的那封是你收到过的第一封
Tell me the truth, was mine the first
来自玩家的情书吗?
love letter you’ve gotten from a player?
你的是第7封
It was the seventh.
全都是电子邮件
All digitally transmitted.
你正在主动将你的人生
You are begging for your life
变成公众眼里的灾难
to be turned into a very public hell.
所以你拒绝去卡布?
So that’s a no on Cabo?
你为什么不带你的老婆孩子放一个假
Why don’t you just give your wife and kids a break
坐着豪华轿车和他们一起去?
and run them over with a limo?
我喜欢你和我说话的语气
I love the way that you talk to me.
哦天呐
Oh, God.
我有一个想法
I’ve had a thought.
什么? 提高赌注
Yeah? -Raise the stakes.
到多高?
To what?
最少5万美金买♥♥入 盲注在250和500
50K buy-in. Blinds are 250-500.
那可翻了五倍 -是啊
That’s a 500 percent hike. -Yeah.
我不认为那是个好主意
I don’t think it’s a good idea.
你们能让我们单独聊聊吗?
You guys give me the room for a second?
好的
Sure.
那些每周输掉十万元的玩家
The players that are losing 100,000 a week
将会输去五十万
are gonna be losing half a million.
而那些每周赚十万元的玩家
And the players are winning 100,000 a week
就没有人能陪他们玩了
Will have no one left to play with.
玩家会受到伤害 其他人会被杀掉
Players are gonna get hurt, others are gonna get killed and
有些人就撒手不干了
some will drop out.
这不够稳定 我们会失去牌局的
It’s not sustainable. We’ll lose the game.
找新的玩家
Find new players.
他的意思是找新的鱼
He meant find new fish.
我又去招新了
I went recruiting again.
先是唐尼·西尔弗曼
First up was Donnie Silverman.
唐尼去年赢了世界扑克大赛
Donnie won the World Series of Poker last year
我通过一个玩家联♥系♥到了他
and got in touch with me through one of the players.
你脑子坏了吗
Are you fuckin’ nuts?
唐尼·西尔弗曼赢了世界扑克大赛
Donnie Silverman won the World Series of Poker.
你可以在网上看哦
You can watch it online.
他决赛的11手牌里
He took 11 hands at the final table.
其中八手牌 拿了最大的牌
But he had the nuts on eight of them.
剩下那三手
And three of those
两名牌手弃牌 还有四名牌手死扛
three were two-outers with four players still in the hand.
他风格激进 他不吝啬筹码
He ran hot. He doesn’t lock his chips down,
他轻率鲁莽 雷厉风行
he’s reckless, he gives tons of action,
而且他有一亿两千万美元
and he’s got 12 million dollars.
你要知道 我不喜欢玩牌
You know, I don’t like playing poker.
那你为什么要打牌
Why do you play?
我喜欢摧毁别人的生活
I like destroying lives.
给他个位置
Give him a chair.
下一位新成员 -晚上好 先生们
The next recruit -Good evening, gentlemen.
是布拉德·马里昂 大家叫他烂布拉德
was Brad Marion, who everyone called Bad Brad
因为他打牌尤其差劲
because he was uniquely terrible at this game.
如果世界上有最差的玩家
If there was a worst player in the world,
那布拉德一定会想办法输给他
Brad would still find a way to lose to him.
抱歉 没有位置了 但欢迎你来喝一杯
Sorry, I don’t have a chair, but you’re welcome to a drink.
不 我只是来介绍一下布莱德
No, I just came to introduce you to uh, Brad.
全进
All in.
抱歉?
Sorry?
我想介绍布拉德·马里昂 他想玩牌
I just wanted to introduce you to Brad Marion, he wants to play.
给我他的信息 我会留心他的
Give me his information, I’ll check him out.
不 德里克要为他担♥保♥
No, Derrick’s gonna vouch for him.
这句话意思是 德里克会为布拉德
“Derrick’s gonna vouch for him” meant Derrick would cover
赔偿任何他没有支付的亏损 无论数值多大
any losses if Brad didn’t pay. Up to any amount.
你好 我是茉莉·布鲁姆 -布拉德·马里昂
Hi, I’m Molly Bloom. -Brad Marion.
很高心见到你 -我也是
Nice to meet you. -You too.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!