而且这是饭桌 不是无名烈士墓
And it’s the kitchen table, not the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier.
而我是一个专业的心理学家 不是什么江湖郎中
And I’m a professional psychologist, not a quack.
我没说你是 -你说了 别再这么做了
I never said you were a quack. -Yeah, you did and don’t do it again.
再也不要说出那样的话了
And don’t ever use language like that again.
好吧
Okay.
无视我老师说的话 注意我自己的语言
Ignore my teachers, watch my language
在饭桌上尊敬他人
and respect the kitchen table.
我还需要做什么才能被允许
What else do I need to do before I’m allowed
与你有不同的看法?
to disagree with you?
自己去挣钱
Make your own money
这样你就能住在你自己的房♥子里
so you can live in your own house
吃你自己挣来的食物
and eat your own food.
我经营牌局已经三年了
I’ve been running the game for three years
赚了58000美元
and saved $58,000.
我负责找来玩家并监督他们
I was recruiting and vetting players,
保留预约 -跟
keeping the books, -Call.
收送支票
collecting and delivering checks,
在一整周里满足玩家的各种需求
meeting the needs of all the players throughout the week
还得在迪安·基斯那里全职工作
and still working full-time for Dean Keith,
他说的很清楚 如果我辞去办公室的工作
who made it clear that if I quit the office job,
牌局我也保不住 -跟
I’d lose the game. -Call.
满堂红
Eights full of nines.
又是这样
Again.
就这样了 -每次都是
That’s how it is. -Every time.
我觉得他还有明三条【翻出的牌中有两张数字和底牌中的一样】
I thought he had trips too.
他慢打河牌【倒数第二张公共牌】
He was slow-playing into the river and
还把自己的那几张底牌8藏的很好
he hid the pocket eights pretty well.
很难赢啊 哥们
Tough beat, man.
你一共欠牌局– -我知道我欠了多少
You owe the game– -I know what I owe the game.
我想和你谈谈
I wanna talk to you a minute.
好啊 -去大厅
Okay. -In the hall.
? 他从孤岛而来 ?
? He came from an island ?
? 在街道旁死去 ?
? And he died from the streets ?
他出千了吗?
Is he cheating?
没有
No.
你怎么知道的
How would you know?
我就是知道
I’d know.
他和迭戈没上♥床♥吗?
He and Diego aren’t in bed together?
没有
No.
那你和他呢?
What about him and you?
一副牌52张 能产生成百上千种随机组合
A 52 card deck produces hundreds of millions of random patterns
但每次你们中的一个连续输了两周
but every time one of you loses two weeks in a row,
你们就觉得是有人出了千? 得了吧
you’re sure something fishy’s going on? Come on.
我不会再付你钱
I’m gonna stop paying you.
你什么意思? -当我助理的钱
What do you mean? -As my assistant.
你要炒了我? -我不会炒了你
You firing me? -I’m not firing you
我只是不打算再给你工资了
I’m just gonna stop paying you.
牌局每周给你工资 着看起来并不很公平
You get paid once a week from the game, it doesn’t seem fair.
但我仍然为你工作
But I also have a job working for you
一天24小时 -但如果你不做那份工作
24 hours a day. -And if you didn’t have that job
你也得不到牌局
you wouldn’t have the game.
你明白我的意思了吗?
You understand what I’m saying?
我听懂了你说的每一个单词
I understand each of the words that you’re saying,
但我不理解– -听着
but I don’t understand– -Look.
每天24小时的工作
24 hours a day every day.
你打算让我白做
You’re gonna stop paying me to do that job
就因为我从我的第二份工作
because I’m making too much money
挣了太多的钱 而且如果我拒绝
doing my second job and if I say no
我两个工作都会失去 就因为”那似乎不公平”?
I’ll lose both jobs because “it doesn’t seem fair”?
市场现在很不景气
Business is bad right now.
现实一点吧
Welcome to the real world.
行吧 你听着
All right, here it is.
银行给你贷款 但他们本不应该
Banks are loaning you money and they shouldn’t.
因为他们知道借钱给你要冒很大风险
You’re a bad risk, they know it.
所以你要付将近20%的利息
So the debt service on your loans is close to 20 percent
这真是太疯狂了
which is crazy.
如果是过渡性融♥资♥的话那20%还勉强可以接受
20 percent is barely survivable if it’s a bridge loan
但 比如说 你需要十年
but like, for instance, it’s taken you ten years
才能建起七栋楼房♥
to build seven houses,
所有楼房♥都比你没有建造它们之前值钱
all of which are worth less than they were before you built them
因为房♥地♥产♥行业正在走下坡路
because the housing market is on a downward trajectory
这是房♥地♥产♥行业历史上的第一次
for the first time in the history of houses
这也是为什么现在市场不景气
and that’s why business is doing bad,
而不是因为你一星期要付我450美元
not because you’re paying me $450 a week.
你是商业专家?
You’re a business savant?
你办公室里的每一篇文章我都读过
I’ve read every piece of paper in your office.
你每周的小费都上千了
You’re making thousands in tips every week,
你为什么还去在乎
Why do you care about
450美元一周的工资? -因为我不愿意
$450 a week? -Because I don’t want to
免费帮你去干洗店取衣服
pick up your dry cleaning for free.
你没有讨价还价的资本
You don’t have bargaining power here.
你可以反抗我扣你工资的事 但你会失去牌局
You can refuse the pay cut but you’ll lose the game.
给我套现 谢谢
Cash me out, please.
我不打算眼睁睁地看着迪安把牌局从我手中夺走
I wasn’t gonna wait for Dean to take the game away from me
而不做自己的打算
before I put a plan in place.
第二天早晨 我在四季酒店
The next morning, I made appointments at the Four Seasons,
半岛酒店和比弗利山酒店都预定了房♥间
the Peninsula and the Beverly Hills Hotel.
套房♥一晚上要5200美元
The suite was $5,200 a night.
我花了17000美元买♥♥了一个洗牌大♥师♥
I spent $17,000 on a Shuffle Master
把它安装在桌子上
that was installed in the table.
洗牌更快 更可靠 更没有出千的余地
Faster, more reliable shuffles, less downtime between hands.
我在周先生餐厅订了美食
Food was brought in from Mr. Chow
放在边桌上供玩家享用
and available to eat on the side tables.
那是麦卡伦18年纯麦芽威士忌 1942年的雪树伏特加
There was Macallan 18, Belvedere, 1942,
人头马酒 88年的拉菲
Remy Martin, and an ’88 Lafite Rothschild
会有一位对您的口味一清二楚的酒保为您服务
served by a bartender who’d already memorized your drink.
雪茄盒里有高斯巴雪茄 基♥督♥山雪茄
Cohibas, Monte Cristo in the humidor
一个专业的发型师给我塑造了发型
A professional stylist turned me into what my defense attorney
说他把我变成了Cinemax荧幕里的样子
would later call the Cinemax version of myself.
我几乎花光了我所有积蓄
I spent almost everything I had
为那个我知道注定会打来的电♥话♥做好准备
in preparation for the phone call I knew was coming.
您好?
Hello?
我希望你能认真听我下面的话 因为你需要听到这些
I want you to listen to me. ‘Cause you need to hear this.
你在哪?
Where are you?
我要直白的告诉你一些东西
I need to tell you something in plain English
我也需要知道你懂我在说什么
and I need to know that you understood it.
迪安
Dean.
你根本就微不足道 听到了吗?
You are unimportant, did you hear me?
你被开除了
And you are fired.
无论是你的工作 还是你的牌局 你被开除了
The job, the game, you’re fired.
可以问问原因么?
Can I ask why?
你和我多少个朋友上过床了?
How many of my friends are you sleeping with?
我没睡过任意一个
I’m not sleeping with any of them.
这可不是我听到的
That’s not what I heard.
你听我说
Listen to me,
穿着防护服 我不可能–
with a Hazmat suit, I wouldn’t–
我能给你提点建议吗?
Can I give you some advice?
别那么贱 别感觉自己高高在上
Lose the bitchy air. Lose the superior air.
去办公室拿着你的东西
And go to the office and get your stuff
在我到那之前滚出去
and be out of there before I show up.
嘿 你是茉莉吗?
Hey, are you Molly?
是的
Yeah.
我是利亚 迪安让我把你的个人物品打包
I’m Leah. Uh, Dean asked me to pack your personals.
我很感激
I appreciate it.
他还让我弄清楚今天晚上玩家的电♥话♥号♥码
He also asked me to get the numbers of tonight’s players
这样我能把名单定下来
so I can confirm the list.
我感到很抱歉
I’m really sorry.

Don’t be.
我手♥机♥落车上了
My phone’s in my car. Uh,
我到楼下之后短♥信♥告诉你你需要知道的所有电♥话♥号♥码吧
I’ll text you all the numbers you need when I get downstairs.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!