明天晚上 还有以后每周二晚上
Tomorrow night and then every Tuesday night.
你来帮忙组织这个
You’ll help run it.
记住这些名字和电♥话♥号♥码
Take these names and numbers.
告诉他们 一万现金 首笔买♥♥入
Tell ’em to bring 10 grand in cash for the first buy-in,
盲注是50和100
the blinds are 50-100.
还有 茉莉 -嗯?
And Molly. -Yeah?
别他妈告诉其他人
Don’t fuckin’ tell anybody.
我看透了迪安 他就是个傻子
I’d regarded Dean as a nitwit when I regarded him at all.
那个便签本上有九个人的名字和电♥话♥号♥码
But on that pad were nine names along with phone numbers
都是世界上最有钱 最有名的人
of some of the most wealthiest and most famous people in the world.
明天 眼镜蛇休息室将有一场牌局
There’d be a game tomorrow night at the Cobra Lounge,
首笔买♥♥入 一万美元
there was a $10,000 buy-in.
全部九个玩家确定他们会来
All nine players confirmed that they’d be there.
在我发完短♥信♥的90秒内
All withing 90 seconds of my sending the text.
眼镜蛇休息室坐落在日落大道的边缘。
The Cobra Lounge sits on the edge of the Sunset Strip.
它的全盛时期 以引入无名的乐队而闻名
And in its heyday was famous for introducing unknown bands
比如大门乐队和海滩男孩
like The Doors and The Beach Boys.
我只知道上学和滑雪
All I knew was schoolwork and skiing.
我一直认为
I’d always figured sophistication
如果我需要的话 复杂的东西学起来也很容易
would be easy to learn if I ever needed it.
我的奶酪拼牌上 有个标签写着
My cheese platter had a sticker that read,
奶酪产自密歇根州
“Cheese: From the Great State of Michigan.”
迭戈 一个职业发牌人
Diego, a professional dealer,
我到时 他已经在安装牌桌了
was setting up the table when I got there.
我谷歌♥了
I Googled
扑克手们都喜欢听什么样的音乐?
“What type of music do poker players like to listen to?”
然后我试着去弄明白怎么建一个歌♥单
And then tried to figure out how to make a playlist
一首肯尼·罗杰斯的歌♥都没有的那种
out one Kenny Rogers song.
我布置了酒吧
I set up the bar
拿出了芝士拼盘
put out my cheese platter
然后我站在门口
and positioned myself at the door
核对名单让人们进场
where I’d been instructed to only let in the names on the list.
我穿上了我最好的裙子
I was wearing my best dress
是两年前在彭尼百货花了88美元买♥♥的
which I’d bought two years earlier at JC Penney for $88.
来玩的扑克手慢慢多了起来
The players started to arrive.
我告诉他们我叫茉莉
I introduced myself as Molly,
迪安的助手 -给你
Dean’s assistant. -For you.
他们问我能不能给他们弄点喝的
Asked if I could get them a drink,
然后每人给我一万美元现金
and took from each of them $10,000 in cash.
嗨 -嗨
Hi. -Hi.
我是…
I’m…
我知道你
I know.
每个人都到了? -是的
Everybody here? -Yeah.
嘿 兄弟
Hey, buddy.
滚一边去 我要把你赢的毛都不剩
Fuck off. I’m gonna own your shit.
裙子丑死 鞋子也丑死
Ugly dress. Ugly shoes.
我们开始吧!
Let’s play!
迭戈在桌子上将九张牌扇形铺开
Diego fanned nine cards out on the table
扑克手们选择位置
and the players chose for seats.
11点和11点 -22点
11 and 11. -22.
我最后总共收到了九万美元的现金
I’d just finished counting out $90,000 in cash.
我在一个都是电影明星
I was in a room with movie stars,
导演
directors
然后我们的获奖者是…
And the award goes to…
饶舌歌♥手
rappers,
拳击手 -喔!他有麻烦了!
boxers, -Oh! he’s in trouble!
还有商业大亨的房♥间
and business titans.
他们一直都是全押
They were going all-in all the time,
一次又一次输光筹码
burning through their buy-ins over and over.
给你 祝你好运 -谢了
There you go, good luck. -Thank you so much.
我谷歌♥了每一个我听不懂的词
I Googled every word I heard that I didn’t know.
翻牌 河牌 转牌
Flop, river, fourth street,
失重 冤家牌 船牌 坚果牌
tilt, cooler, boat, nuts,
没错 他被套牢了 -玩快打…
Yeah, he’s pot committed. -playing the rush…
你在记录买♥♥入吗?
You keeping track of the buy-ins?
是的 -在哪?记录的纸在哪?
Yeah. -Where? Where’s the paper?
是电子表格
Spreadsheet.
雷全押了
Ray’s all in.
拿下他 王八蛋!
Get him, motherfucker!
全押
All in.
牌局在凌晨三点三十结束了
The game ended at 3:30.
在结束的时候 迪安开始喊–
And when it did, that’s when Dean shouted out–
嘿! 给茉莉点小费 如果你还想在下周被邀请的话
Hey! Tip Molly if you want to get invited back next week.
给茉莉小费
“Tip Molly.”
从内心深处我并不喜欢那样的话
Deep down I didn’t like the sound of that.
非常感谢
Thank you so much.
我心里知道 当你的老板说
Deep down I knew that when your boss says,
茉莉 -是
And Molly. -Yeah.
别特么告诉任何人
Don’t fuckin’ tell anybody.
那通常不是一个美好的法律生涯的开端
that’s usually not the beginning of a promising law career.
下周见
See you next week.
但那只是我内心深处的想法
But that was deep down.
我只是挣了三千美元
I’d just made $3,000.
你读的是什么?
What are you reading?
《激♥情♥年代》
The Crucible.
学校要求的?
For school?
我爸爸让读的
My father assigned it.
你知道在塞伦有多少女巫被烧死了吗?
Do you know how many witches were burned in Salem?
多少? -一个都没有
How many? -None.
他们没有烧死女巫 那是瞎编的 他们把女巫都吊死了
They didn’t burn witches, it’s a myth. They hanged them.
或者淹死或者用石头压死
Or drowned them or crushed them with heavy rocks.
等会 你 你是茉莉·布鲁姆 对吧?
Wait, aren’t– You’re Molly Bloom, right?
没错
Yeah.
你和照片上的你看起来不太像
You don’t look the same as in your photos.
无论是谁都不会像
None of us do.
茉莉? -是的
Molly? -Yes.
查理·杰菲
Charlie Jaffey.
再次感谢您能这么早抽空见我
Thank you again for seeing me so early.
这是我的女儿 斯黛拉 -我们刚刚说过话了
This is my daughter, Stella. -We met.
伊莎贝尔45分钟内会来这里送你去学校
Isabel will be here in 45 minutes to take you to school.
数学作业做完了? -是的
Finish your math? -Yeah.
科特迪瓦?
Civ?
搞定 -你都弄明白了吗?
Yeah. -Do you know it?
你今天能在课上讲了吗?
Could you teach it in class today?
如果我让你现在教我罗马法律 你能吗?
If I asked you to teach me Roman law, could you do it?
我能
Yes.
好的
‘Kay.
好了 先说重要的事
So, first things first,
你上次睡觉是什么时候?今天都星期五了
when was the last time you slept? Today’s Friday.
星期二凌晨5点 我被FBI带走了
Tuesday morning at 5 a.m. I was arrested by the FBI,
我在洛杉矶度过了星期二 在县监狱里
I spent Tuesday in L.A. County Jail.
我被指控有潜逃风险
I was assessed to be a minimal flight risk
保释金是十万美元
and bail was set at $100,000.
我妈妈转让了她的房♥子
My mother signed over her house.
我周三被释放 然后被命令今天上午十点
I was released on Wednesday and ordered to appear in Federal Court
要到纽约南区
in New York’s Southern District
的联邦法♥院♥
at 10 a.m. today.
进来吧
In here.
麻烦关个门?
Close that will you?
我星期三就飞过来了 然后昨天见了5个律师
I flew here Wednesday and met with five attorneys yesterday.
请坐
Have a seat.
你一个都不满意?
You didn’t hire any of them?
其中三个已经被人雇佣了
Three of them had already been taken.
是啊 毕竟有31个人名都被写在了你的起诉书上
Yeah, 31 people were named in your indictment.
今天是刑事律师的黑色星期五
It’s Black Friday for criminal lawyers.
那另外两个呢?
What about the other two?
一个告诉我他第二喜欢的付款方式是现金
One told me money was his second favorite form of payment.
我知道那个人
I know him.
最后一个也被雇了 不过他推荐我来找你
The fifth was also taken but he recommended I call you.
为什么?
Why?