你能练的快出多少呢
when you’re not charging by the hour.
我是你的父亲
I’m your father.
我尝试着去理解
Trying to comprehend
我对的爱就像
how much I love you would be like
人们眼中的宇宙那样
trying to visualize the size of the universe.
我不知道
I didn’t know
直到我看到你书里的 才明白你被欺负了
you got beaten up until I read it in your book.
通过这种方式才了解了这些 真是太糟糕了
It was a hell of a way to learn about it.
你应该知道
You should know
我雇了人打听做是谁干的这件事
that I’m hiring someone to find the guy who did it
然后我就会雇人杀了他
then I’m hiring someone to kill him.
别这样开玩笑
Don’t even joke about that.
我没开玩笑
I’m not.
他不是一个抢钱包的人 爸爸 他可是黑♥手♥党♥
It wasn’t a purse snatcher, Dad, it was the mafia.
我不在乎它是哈马斯极端组织的领导人还是其他什么人
I don’t care if it’s the leader of Hamas or Someone
对你下了手 他们就要付出代价的
put their hands on you they’re gonna suffer.
爸爸 我没事的 – 不 他们会付出代价的
Dad, I’m fine. -No, they’re gonna suffer.
爸爸 我没事
Dad, I’m all right.
不 他们要付出代价…
No. They’re gonna suf–
真的 我真的没事
Really, I’m fine.
你知道…
哦!-Did you know—Oh!
我没看见你
I didn’t see you.
你知道么 我们知道银河系的中心闻起来是什么味道
Did you know that we know what the center of our galaxy smells like?
闻起来像朗姆酒和树莓
Smells like rum and raspberries.
银河的中心是甲酸乙酯
The center of the galaxy is ethyl formate,
就是那种产生朗姆酒香味
which is the same gas that gives rum its smell
和树莓子的味道的气体
and raspberries their taste.
你怎么知道这些的?
How do you know these things?
在他们打牌的时候没事干 我就上网
To stay busy during games, I surfed the internet.
然后我开始了上网课
Then I started taking online courses.
我还差12学分获得天文学学位
I’m 12 credits away from a degree in astronomy,
我甚至都不知道我是怎么被录取的
I didn’t even know I was enrolled.
嘿
Hey.
我想感谢你今天晚上所说的话
I want to thank you for what you said tonight.
是斯特拉
It was Stella
那个让我做你的律师的人
who asked me to be your lawyer.
她读了你的书
She read the book,
我指责她读垃圾一样的东西 但她
I accused her of reading trash but she
竟然为这本书辩护
defended the book impressively.
然后为你辩护
And then defended you.
你是她的榜样
You’re her role model.
我要把那个给了她
I’m gonna give her that.
控方开出一份新条件跟我们谈
There’s a new offer on the table.
那是什么?
What is it?
我们交出硬盘
We hand over the hard drives.
我没明白
I don’t get it.
我们移交了电子邮件 文书等案件资料供刑事取证
We hand over the forensic imaging of the e-mails and texts
为了交换…
in exchange for uh–
交换…他们能为我做些什么?
Exchange–What could they possibly offer for me to do that?
我都写下来了 就是…
I wrote it all down, it’s um…
把你的钱拿回来
Your money back.
他们会把你所有的钱还给你 再加上利息
They’ll give you all your money back plus interest.
总共超过500万美元
It’s over 5 million dollars.
所以他们当初把钱拿走
Is that why they took it in the first place?
就是为了以后可以把它再还给我?
So they could offer it back to me?
是的
Yeah.
那我们去参加审判有时为了什么呢?
For what it’s worth, if we went to trial
你必须上交调查出来的案件资料
you’d have to hand over the forensic imaging in discovery.
但这和自愿交出是有区别的
But that’s different from voluntarily handing it over.
当然 但这不是真正自愿的
Sure, but it’s not really voluntary anymore
如果另一个选择是监狱的话
when the alternative is prison.
这就是他们给出的量刑建议 42个月的刑期
And that’s what they’re gonna recommend, 42 months.
你为什么总回避我的目光?
Why do you keep breaking eye contact with me?
我…我正看着你呢
I-I’m looking right at you.
你认为我应该这样做
You think I should do it.
你得明白 我不能让你进监狱
You gotta let me keep you out of prison.
你已经看到过硬盘里上有什么
You’ve seen what’s on those hard drives.
是
Yeah.
是的
Yeah.
那些可不是供出一点半点的人
It’s a lot more than a little color.
是 但你有完全豁免权
Yeah, but complete immunity.
好吗?你可以拿回你所有的钱
All right? You get all your money back.
你会是第一个走出法庭的被告
You’ll be the first defendant to walk out of a courtroom
比你进去的时候情况好的多了
better off than when you walked in.
事业会毁掉
Careers will be ruined.
家庭
Families.
妻子 生活相隔两岸…
Wives, lives on both coasts–
嘿 当一个有钱人进监狱的时候
Hey, when a rich guy goes to jail
他会到处花钱
he spreads his money around.
他的…他的律师知道如何处理这件事
His-his lawyer knows how to take care of that.
他会花钱摆平
He spreads his money around.
你什么都没有!
You don’t have any!
联邦监狱中的女囚犯们…
The composition of female inmates in federal prison…
都没有犯金融罪的
they did not commit financial crimes.
他们是毒贩
They’re drug dealers.
他们被狱警强♥奸♥
They get raped by prison guards.
你…你不会是默默无闻的 茉莉
You…you will not be anonymous, Molly.
你会是个靶子!
You will be a target!
孩子们会读到他们父亲的短♥信♥
Children will read their father’s text messages
写着他希望他可以永远没有孩子
saying he wished he’d never had kids.
这些人…
These guys–
“这些人” 他们在哪儿呢?
These guys, where are they?
你为什么一个人在这里?你的朋友们呢?
Why are you in this alone? Where are your friends?
那个家伙说
Where is the one guy saying,
“嘿 你知道吗 茉莉 我知道你在尽一切努力来救我
“Hey, you know, Molly, I know you’re doing everything to save my life,
我能为你做什么呢?我给你买♥♥个三明治吧
what can I do for you? Let me buy you a sandwich.
他们在哪儿呢 茉莉?
Where are they, Molly?
你为他们保守了秘密
You kept their secrets.
你保护的人在哪儿呢
Where are the people you’re protecting
你为保护他们隐瞒真♥相♥
by not telling the whole story in the book,
你为保护他们解决了布拉德·马里恩的案子
by settling the Brad Marion suit,
你为保护他们而选择不拿走你自己的五百万美元
by not taking five million dollars of your own money,
你为保护他们进了监狱?
by going to jail?
其他人去哪儿了?!
Where did everybody go?!
我保护的不是他们的名字 查利 是我的名字
It’s not their names I’m protecting, Charlie, it’s mine.
哦 那真是太好了 嗯 我们的人品才
Oh, that’s great. Well, we don’t have the luxury
没有那么高尚 你一定要这要做
of integrity. You have to take the deal.
不行
No.
你不用蹲监狱 把你的钱拿回来
You stay out of jail, you get your money back,
你还你的债 你开始一个新生活
you pay your debts, you start a new life.
不
No.
这是因为我在书里指明四位罪犯 所招致的自我惩罚吗?
Is this self-imposed punishment for naming four guys in a book?
并不是
It’s not.
你并没有做错任何事情
You didn’t do anything wrong.
查理 我为了35000美元牺牲了4个人的利益
I threw four people under the bus for $35,000, Charlie.
我注意到你没有向检察官说这个
I noticed you kept that out of your speech to the prosecutor.
别 别那样对我
我的好处是从-No, don’t do that to me.-I took advantage
赌徒中得来的
of gambling addicts.
唐尼·西尔弗曼 我找来的一个出色的人 他输掉了
Donnie Silverman, my brilliant find, he lost
六百万美元在我的桌子上 – 茉莉 停 停
six million dollars on my table, -Molly, stop, stop.
搬到了佛罗里达
嗯哼-moved to Florida,-Uh-huh.
找了一份代课老师的工作
got a job as a substitute teacher,
然后上吊死了 – 哦!那不是你的错
and the hanged himself -Oh!not your fault!
洗澡的时候
in the shower.
唐尼·西尔弗曼死了 – 那不怪你!
Donnie Silverman’s dead. -That’s not your fault!
哈伦·尤斯蒂斯在内华达州的监狱了 恨不得也能上吊死
Harlan Eustice is in jail in Nevada wishing he was.
但这不是我说不的原因
But that’s not why I’m saying no.
你并没有说不
You’re not saying no.
我的名字是我曾祖母给起的
I was named after my great-grandmother.
我不在乎
I don’t care.