我想检查一下你的脉搏
I want to check your pulse.
你摸到脉搏了吗?
Have you found a pulse?
没 我只是在欣赏我的手表
Yeah, just admiring my watch.
我看得出你你在准备热身
I can see you’re getting warmed up
但我真的没有心思再为了我的那些
but I really don’t have the emotional bandwidth
“平常的不负责任的行为” 抗争了
to defend my “as usual irresponsible behavior.”
我了解 我收到了你的邮件
I know, I got your e-mail.
我知道 你不太欢迎你的父亲走进你的生活中
I get that I’m not welcome in your life right now as your father
虽然你也知道 我并不在乎这个
though you should know I could give a shit if I’m welcome or not.
但我不是以你父亲的身份来到这里
But I’m not here in my capacity as your father.
你父亲是生是死与我无关
I’m indifferent to whether your father lives or dies.
我是位开价很高的心理治疗师
I’m a very expensive therapist
到这里来是为了免费给你上一课
and I’m here to give you one free session.
你觉得我现在需要一个心理治疗师?
You think what I need right now is a therapist?
没错
Yeah.
我现在要回到我律师的办公室
I have to be back at my lawyer’s office soon.
你喜欢你的律师吗?
Do you like your lawyer?
我给你打电♥话♥的时候并不是问你要钱 爸
I wasn’t asking for money when I called you, Dad.
我只是需要我的父亲
I just needed my dad.
愿上帝保佑 你与钱一刻也不分离
God forbid you part with a nickel.
是的 小提姆 你在湖面上长大
Yeah, Tiny Tim, you grew up on a lake
在全国都滑过冰
and you’ve skied all over the world,
那些工作和房♥子很难吗?
were those work houses tough?
我得走了
I gotta go.
茉莉 – 我得走了
Molly. -I gotta go.
茉莉 给我坐下!
Molly, sit the fuck down!
好的 我们要在接下来的三分钟里 完成三年的治疗
All right, we’re gonna do three years of therapy in three minutes.
怎么做?
How?
我会做病人很久以来
I’m gonna do what patients have been begging
都一直在乞求心理治疗师做的事
therapists to do for a hundred years,
我只是给你一个答案
I’m just gonna give you the answers.
什么问题的答案?
To what?
让我们先从这个开始 一个年轻的女人
Well, let’s start with this Why does a young woman who,
22岁 履历辉煌
at 22, has a gold-plated resume,
为什么她要运营扑克游戏?
why does she run poker games?
为什么我要选择赚大钱?
Why did I choose to make a ton of money?
这是我的头脑
That’s a head scratcher.
你做任何 你想做的事情 都很成功
You were gonna be a success at anything you wanted,
你知道的
you know it.
如果你去法律院校 你会
If you’d gone to law school you’d have
你现在会有自己的法律事务所
you’d have owned the law firm right now.
为什么你选择了另外一条路?
Why did you do… the other thing instead?
我不知道
I don’t know.
毒品
Drugs.
直到努力完离开赛场后你才开始嗑药
You didn’t start with the drugs until the end.
它们并不是问题所在 它们是解决问题的办法
They weren’t the problem, they were the medicine.
因为你选了另外一条路 你可以控制有权力的人
It was so you could control powerful men.
你痴迷于此
Your addiction
对有权力的人 施以权力
was having power over powerful men.
你真的是这么想的么?
Is that what you really think?

No.
我很肯定的知道
I know it for sure.
现在 你已经完成了第一年的治疗
You’ve now completed your first year of therapy.
我看到了一个机会 不是关于你的
I saw an opportunity, it wasn’t about you.
而是我关于我
Nah, it wasn’t just about me.
这不只是关于你 -不
It wasn’t at all about you. -It was.
第二年 第二个问题
Second year, second question.
你觉得你是个好丈夫吗?
Do you think you were a good husband?
你在意什么?
What do you care?
我在意是因为你娶了我的妈妈
I care because you were married to my mother.
我在意是因为我的爸爸是个混♥蛋♥
I care because my father’s an asshole.
恭喜你 完成了第二年
Congratulations, you’ve completed Year Two.
根据记录 你的父亲用大学教授的薪水
And for the record, your father raised
养育了三个孩子
three kids on a college professor’s salary.
其中一个参加了两次奥♥运♥会
One of them is a two-time Olympian,
费城老鹰队的第六届选拔赛
a sixth round draft pick of the Philadelphia Eagles
一位赫赫有名的慈善家
and a leading philanthropist.
另一位在麻省总医院当心脏外科医生
The other is a cardiothorasic surgeon at Mass General
第三位
and the third
运用她的智慧
managed to build a multi-million dollar business
成功建立了数百万美元的事业
using not much more than her wits.
我要去联邦法♥院♥认罪
I’m about to plead guilty in federal court.
没有人是完美的
Well, nobody’s perfect.
关键是我做了一些对的事情
The point is I did a few things right.
最后一个问题
Last question.
不 我得走了
No, I have to go.
最后一个问题 茉莉 我会回答的
Last question, Mol. I’ll answer it
但你得先提问
but you have to ask it.
你得…提问
You have… to ask it.
你为什么不像疼爱我弟弟们那样疼我?
Why didn’t you like me as much as my brothers?
这就是了
There it is.
我并没有那样
I did.
只是有时表现得我好像不疼你的样子
It only from time to time appeared that I didn’t.
只是表现出你不疼我的样子?
It only appeared that you didn’t?

Yeah.
你说的也太荒唐了
That is some Schedule 1 bullshit.
为什么…只是表现出…为什么会…
Why would…it only appeared… Why would…
好吧 我的态度有问题
Okay, I had an attitude problem.
我顶嘴
I talked back.
我没有遵守孩子们应当遵守的规则
I broke some normal adolescent rules.
宵禁之后我偷偷打了电♥话♥
I snuck phone time after curfew,
我未经允许就用了你的车…
I took your car when I wasn’t allowed to…
然后把车开进了麦当劳
And drove it into a McDonald’s.
孩子们为此受到了惩罚 但他们没有…
And kids get punished for that, but they don’t…
我刚刚没说麦当劳吗?
Did I not say the McDonald’s?
我的意思是 你不明白“开车-穿过”是什么意思吗?
I mean, did you misunderstand what drive-thru meant?
你变成了另一个人
You turned into a different person,
你的声音 你的脸
那是因为我知道你明白的-your voice, your face.-It’s because I knew you knew.
我没听清楚你刚说什么
I didn’t hear what you said.
我说
I said
我知道你明白的
I knew you knew.
你知道我明白什么?
You knew I knew what?
你你对于 下面的这些概念是怎么看待的
What do you uh, think about the following concepts?
只是想听你谈一下 比如婚姻
Just gonna run ’em by you. Marriage.
它是个陷阱
It is a trap.
我骗了你妈妈
That I was cheating on Mom.
我知道你明白的
I knew you knew.
社会?
它是个笑话-Society.-It is a joke.
不 我…20岁的时候才知道
No, I didn’t know unt– until I was 20.
人呢? – 我不相信别人
People. -I don’t trust people.
不 你五岁的时候就就知道了
No, you’d known since you were five.
你在我的车里看到了我
You saw me in my car
而你并不知道到你看见的是什么
and you really didn’t know what you saw.
我没有偶像
I don’t have any heroes.
你知道的 孩子
You knew, honey.
而我知道你明白的 而那…
And I knew you knew, and that’s…
我感到羞耻就会那个样子
That’s how I reacted to the shame.
而你表现出
And you reacted by showing
对我的蔑视
seething contempt for me,
把我的车开进麦当劳
by driving my car into a McDonald’s
还想要拥有凌驾于权利的权利?
And wanting to have power over powerful men?

No.
那只是一个分心的话题为了激怒你
That was a red herring just to make you mad.
你简直就是一个… – 你被一个棍子绊倒了
You’re such an– -You tripped over a stick.
对吗?
Okay?
十二年前你被一根棍子绊倒了
Twelve years ago you tripped over a stick.
这是一件极其偶然的事情 你被一个棍子绊倒了
It was a one-in-a-million thing. You tripped over a stick.
这就是你做错的地方
That’s what you did wrong.
那是你的教训
There’s your session.
有趣的是 当年如果滑雪场不按小时收费的话
It’s funny how much faster you can go

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!