伸开你的胳膊和腿
Spread your arms and legs.
你的公♥寓♥现在有人么?
Is there anyone in your apartment right now?
没有警官
Uh, no, sir.
公♥寓♥里有枪♥支♥么?
Are there any firearms in your apartment right now?
没有警官
No, sir.

Go.
你因为进行非法赌博操作被逮捕了
You’re under arrest for running an illegal gambling operation.
你明白了么?
Do you understand?
恩…好的
Uh…yes.
说你明白了
Say you understand.
我明白了
I understand.
这里一定有误会 我已经两年没有赌博了
There’s been–a mistake because I haven’t run a game in two years.
看一眼这里的这张纸
I want you to take a look at this piece of paper right here.
你能看到最上面写的什么吗?
Can you see what it says at the top?

Yes.
读给我听最上面写了什么
Read to me what it says at the top.
美♥利♥坚♥合众国 VS.茉莉·布鲁姆
United States of America vs. Molly Bloom.
我将赌我最喜欢的
I’d bet heavy on the favorite.
你怎么理解下面这些概念?
What do you um, think about the following concepts?
你将要自己经营他们
Just gonna run ’em by you.
结婚
Marriage.
是圈套
It is a trap.
社交
Society.
是个笑话
It is a joke.

People.
我…认为有好有坏
I…think there’s good and bad.
但是我不信任他们
But I don’t trust them.
我不相信人
I don’t trust people.
每年在我们的生日上
Every year on our birthdays,
我父亲会问我的弟弟们和我
my father would interview my younger brothers and me.
谁是你们生活里的英雄?
Who are the heroes or heroines in your life?
谁是你们真正尊敬的人?
Who uh, who do you really respect?
我没有英雄
I don’t have any heroes.
你一个英雄也没有
You don’t have any heroes.
这么自信?
How’s this for hubris?
我没有
I don’t.
因为如果我达到了自己为自己设定的目标
Because if I reach the goals I’d set out for myself,
我成为了我想成为的人
then the person I become,
那么我就是我的英雄
that’ll be my hero.
即使按照青年女孩的标准
Even by teenage girl standards,
我对任何事情都表现出不合理的愤怒
I would appear to be irrationally angry at nothing in particular.
那将会是另外的22年在我知道为什么之前
It would be another 22 years before I’d find out why.
在我在鹿谷的重大失败之后
After my colossal wipeout at Deer Valley,
我决定在去法学院之前 休假一年
I decided to take a year off before law school.
我需要逃离
I needed to go away,
将自己和现实分开 然后想一个新的计划
sever myself from reality and come up with a new plan.
因此 我选择了洛杉矶
So, I chose Los Angeles.
我滑雪队的一个朋友
A friend of mine from the ski team
已经同意让我睡一段时间她的沙发
had agreed to let me crash on her couch for a while.
我父亲不赞同我推迟入学
My father had disapproved of postponing law school
因此减少了对我的资助
and so declined to help out.
但是我照顾孩子存下来了1700美元
But I had $1700 I’d saved from babysitting money and
它将支撑我直到找到一个服务员的工作
that would support me until I found a waitressing job.
我已经有了一个工作 然后辞职了
I’d already had a career and retired from it.
在这温暖的天气里 我想变得年轻一会
I wanted to be young for a while in warm weather.
我认为这是我最想要的
I think that’s what I wanted at first.
很难记住
It’s hard to remember.
我找到了一份卖♥♥酒的工作
I got a job working bottle service
在好莱坞的一个叫做全球夜♥总♥会♥的酒吧
at a club in Hollywood called Nacional Nightclub.
这是古巴主题的
It was Cuban-themed.
所以我的顾客伪装成小矮子和妻子虐待者
So my uniform was camouflage short-shorts and a wife-beater.
管理者会到处看看
The promoter would go over
哪个唱片制♥作♥者坐在哪里
which record producer was sitting where…
哪个是大火的设计师 哪个是湖人队员
which hot designers, which Lakers,
还有鲍里斯·拉瓦 保加利亚的亿万富翁
and Boris Lava, the Bulgarian billionaire,
不喝酒 但是拥有价值十万的酒吧标签
who didn’t drink but who ran $100,000 bar tab.
我的工作是让人们花更多的钱
My job was to get people to spend more money than they needed to.
可以给我们来一瓶天空么?
Could we get a bottle of Sky?
你看起来适合灰雁
You guys look like you deserve Grey Goose.
什么样的人看起来适合灰雁?
What do guys who deserve Grey Goose look like?
首先 他们放一瓶灰雁在他们面前
To begin with, they got a bottle of Grey Goose in front of ’em.
你反应很快 非常聪明
You’re quick. Very clever.
哦 好的 灰雁
Uh, all right, yeah. Grey Goose.
他们额外消费了三百美元
They just spent an additional $300,
一共消费九百美元
bringing their total to $900
购买♥♥价值8.50美元的伏特加酒
for $8.50 worth or vodka.
但是买♥♥一瓶酒不算什么
But the club doesn’t need you to buy a bottle.
酒吧想让你买♥♥五瓶
They need you to buy five bottles.
所以这里的女孩
So these girls over here,
以卖♥♥酒为生
they let you buy them shots for a living.
这像是在排一个长队等待进入裂缝
It would be like waiting in a long line to get into the Gap
所以你可以加价百分之一千
so you can pay a 1,000 percent mark-up
让卖♥♥酒女不用脱掉裤子
to buy all the employees a pair of pants.
我每个星期只轮一次班
I only had one shift a week.
我不想告诉我父母我是一个鸡尾酒服务员
I didn’t want to tell my parents I was a cocktail waitress.
当时 我从不拒绝任何一个可以赚钱的机会
And back then, I never turned down an opportunity to make more money.
所以我找了第二份办公室职员的工作
So I found a second job as an office assistant
也是为什么我最后为迪安·基斯工作
and that’s how I ended up working for Dean Keith.
迪安是黑色投资的合伙人
Dean was a partner in Blackhues Investments.
他是酒吧的常客 然后有一天他说
He was a regular at the club and one night, he said,
人们似乎很喜欢你
People seem to take to you.
嘿 你想被资助读研究生拿MBA管理学学位么?
Hey, how’d you like to get paid to go to grad school and get an MBA in how life works?
我都不知道的事情你怎么猜到的?
What makes you think you know and I don’t?
我是这的常客而你是这的服务员
I’m a regular here and you’re a waitress here.
看着那该死的计分板
Look at the fuckin’ scoreboard.
迪安用一句话解释了我的工作
Dean explained what my job was by saying,
我 我就是你的工作
Me. I’m your job.
我接电♥话♥ 冲咖啡 组织会议
I answered the phone, made coffee runs, set appointments,
做表格 -那是什么?
made spreadsheets. -What is that?
还得告诉迪安什么是电子表格
and showed Dean what a spreadsheet was.
电子表格
Spreadsheet.
但我一个星期可以赚450美元 加上在酒吧赚的300美元
But I made $450 a week on top of the $300 I was making at the club,
这足够我付清我睡朋友沙发的钱
which would be enough to get off my friend’s couch.
我记得那天是由百吉饼开始的
I remember the day started by being about bagels.
我是茉莉-到办公室来 带上百吉饼
This is Molly. -Get to the office. Pick up bagels.
你是说现在么?
Do you mean now?
迪安以好莱坞为主业
Dean was a Hollywood staple.
他借债过度 破产 试图证明他没有破产
Over-leveraged, going broke, trying to prove he wasn’t broke
努力变得尽可能的粗俗
and making a true effort to be as vulgar as possible.
真的很努力
Honestly making an effort.
我没有告诉任何人我曾是一个滑雪运动员
I hadn’t told anyone I was a skier
当迪安说 没有人教过你怎样可以快一点么?
and it was hard not to laugh when Dean said…
很难让我不笑出来
Anyone ever teach you how to fuckin’ hurry?
没有
No.
这些是什么?-百吉饼
What are those? -Bagels.
这些是从蓝铃买♥♥的?-是的
Are these from Bluebell? -Yeah.
它在我从家来的路上-认真的?
It’s on the way from my house. -Seriously?
你♥他♥妈♥怎么不停在流浪汉的收♥容♥所♥里
You might as well have stopped at a fuckin’ homeless shelter.
然后走进
You might as well have walked into
这个该死的收♥容♥所♥里 说
a motherfucking homeless shelter and said,
“我想从这个收♥容♥所♥里买♥♥一打百吉饼”
“I’d like a dozen bagels from this homeless shelter, please!”
我不吃蓝该死的铃家的百吉饼 茉莉
I do not eat bagels from Blue fucking bell, Molly,
因为那是穷♥人♥的百吉饼!
because these are poor people bagels!
你想让我以后从哪里买♥♥你的百吉饼?
From where would you like me to get your bagels in the future?
忘掉那该死的百吉饼
Forget about the fuckin’ bagels.
迪安-收拾好
Done. -Except smarten up.
知道了-继续
Got it. -Hang on.
就像我说的 那天开始于百吉饼
Like I said, the day started by being about bagels.
但是很快就改变了
But that would abruptly change.
我每周的扑克牌局移到眼镜蛇休息室
My weekly poker game’s moved to the Cobra Lounge.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!